The dreaded "Publisher cannot open files from a different version" #2

I have two .PUB files that won't open in Publisher 2000 SP-3 for Windows 2K.
Using Notepad, I searched the files' raw coding and found that they were
created in "Publisher 3.0". Is that 95 or 97? Anyway, nothing I do can make
Publisher 2K open these files. The other threads suggest turning off Norton
AntiVirus. My machine has the Symantec corporate version and I don't have
Admin rights to turn it off. Any suggestions would be great.
0
Carstonio (4)

The dreaded 'Publisher cannot open files from a different version'
I have two .PUB files that won't open in Publisher 2000 SP-3 for Windows 2K. Using Notepad, I searched the files' raw coding and found that they were created in "Publisher 3.0". Is that 95 or 97? Anyway, nothing I do can make Publisher 2K open these files. The other threads suggest turning off Norton AntiVirus. My machine has the Symantec corporate version and I don't have Admin rights to turn it off. Any suggestions would be great. Version 3 is Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95. If you really want them opened, send them to me and I will convert them to 2000. gsau...

[...]

A customer sent me a Publisher file created with Publisher 2000 v6.0. I have Publisher 2000 SP3. Why won't publisher open this file? Is it because I went to the trouble of installing the updates as MS suggested? Thanks for any help Do you have Norton? Disable "script blocking" and in Norton options, misc., disable "Office Plug-in." Disable any other anti-virus software and try opening the file. You could try opening it in safe mode, there is the chance the file is looking for a printer driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps....

Publisher cannot open files from a different version (again!)
I've gone through lots of messages about this problem and have tried the Norton and dragging the file to the desktop suggestions but neither have worked. My version of Publisher is: Microsoft Publisher 2000 SR-1. I have received a CD today which has 3 templates on it which I need to access but I keep getting the above error message. On the files I can't open it says the version is Publisher 2000 Version 6. I really am not technical but I presume that means it is a newer version than my own, yet they are both Publisher 2000 - will I need to purchase a newer version of Publishe...

Publisher cannot open files from a different version.
Hi Folks, I hope you can help me with this: I changed hard drives and re-installed Publisher 2000. This is the SAME version I was using previously, loaded from the SAME cd-rom. However, when I try to open any of my Publisher documents I get the message: "Publisher cannot open files from a different version." Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong? I even went to the update section of Microsoft and downloaded all the updates. Still I get the error message. Anything anyone can do to help will be greatly apreciated as I have quite a few files that I would hate to lose. Th...

Publisher cannot open files from a different version (again!) #2
browsing the discussions on that subject, I couldn't find a solution for it. I have received Publisher files by mail that have been stored in the 2000 format. I have Publisher 2000 SR-1 on Win XP Home, as well as Office 2003 Small Business Edition. As I hardly use Publisher, there is no need to upgrade to Version 2003. Is there any possiblity to open the files or at least extract the graphics and text portions? I appreciate any help on this. Rainer Rainer_K <rkitza@web.de> was very recently heard to utter: > I have received Publisher files by mail that have been stored in t...