the disadvantages of microsoft publisher

i' am doing my coursework and i can't find anything about the advantages and
disadvantages of microsoft publisher and power point i would appreciate it if
someone could help me
-1

burn41 <burn41@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> i' am doing my coursework and i can't find anything about the
> advantages and disadvantages of microsoft publisher and power point i
> would appreciate it if someone could help me

With regards to what circumstances?
I mean, if you want to do an animated presentation, Microsoft Publisher has
plenty of disadvantages to PowerPoint, but if you want to lay out and
prepare a brochure or newsletter for commercial print, Microsoft Publisher
has PowerPoint beat.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
4/21/2005 9:48:07 PM
"burn41" <burn41@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i' am doing my coursework and i can't find anything about the advantages
> and
> disadvantages of microsoft publisher and power point i would appreciate it
> if
> someone could help me

I think you are trying to compare apples and oranges. Publisher is a very
good program for preparing printed documents, brochures, pamphlets, even
books. Power Point is an excellent slide presentation program used primarily
in sales meeting and boardroom presentations.

What is it that you are trying to achieve?

And if you are doing coursework, I suggest first that you improve your
abilities in spelling and punctuation.

color printing in office 2003 microsoft word
The colors are wrong when I print documents in Word. Colors are ok in other applications. Any suggestions or easy fixes? Ensure your printer driver is updated from your printer site "chev48rob" <chev48rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CAC68D46-9CB7-4265-BC52-12DF26BE6CFE@microsoft.com... > The colors are wrong when I print documents in Word. Colors are ok in > other > applications. Any suggestions or easy fixes? ...

advantages and disadvantages of VBE over excel macros
what r the advantages and disadvantages fo both macros in excel and VBE over each other The VBE is the Visual Basic Editor, which is an environment which allows one to write and edit Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) subroutines and functions. Macros in all modern XL versions are recorded/written in VBA. XL4 Macro language is still implemented, and in some cases can still do things that VBA can't, but it's no longer actively supported, and the number of people who use it is dwindling. In article <80835F0D-FEF2-4065-BE48-C4FAB1EFAD2F@microsoft.com>, "gbak3"...

Microsoft Word as Outlook 2007 email editor
From other posts and the Help file, I've learned that Word is the only email editor available in Outlook 2007. That's fine. But, can I change a setting so that whatever keyboard shortcuts, autocorrect entries, etc., etc., I have in Word are automatically used in Outlook 2007? Or do I have to reset each shortcut individually? Thanks. ...

Definition/Workaround: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook" Outlook 2003
Hi, Seen a lot of postings about this, but no real solution. Environment: Windows Server 2003 SP1 member server/Outlook 2003 SP1 (and I believe Outlook 2003 RTM) When starting Outlook the following message appears and Outlook exits: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action." Workaround: 1) Remove Windows Server 2003 SP1 2) Encrypt Data Between Microsoft Exchange in Outlook Profile ...

Microsoft Templates
When I attempt to download a Excel template from Microsoft's template area, I receive the following error: Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. An error log has been created. Excel starts to open, and then closes. Where is the log, and what setting do I need to change to get the document to open? Thanks John I also encounter the same...see if this helps... ************************************************************* Dave Peterson Guest Posts: n/a Re: "Excel.exe has generated Errorsand neesd to close" -----------------------------------...

Check patch from the Microsoft
--mhqkfvawbpuihus Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="pfhtuhkmduf"; type="multipart/alternative" --pfhtuhkmduf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="snneiwdpzixer" --snneiwdpzixer Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, t...

install Publisher 2002 with Office 2003
I have MS Office 2002 SB OEM version with Word, Excel, Outlook and Publisher. Now, on a new hard disk, I want to install Office 2003 SSL with Powerpoint but without Publisher. What's the best way to keep the old Publisher which I won't miss. Using the same home ? Installing 2003 over 2002 ? How works registration of the both versions ? Will 2003 registration cover 2003 ? -- regards Thomas Hi tdo (tdo@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have MS Office 2002 SB OEM version with Word, Excel, Outlook and || Publisher. Now, on a new hard disk, I want to in...

Microsoft Word 12-15-09
Why wont my keyboard type in Word/ Does the message "This modification is not allowed because the selection is locked" appear somewhere? If so, than you either haven't activated your copy of Office or your trial version is over and you have to pay for it. Yves "dynamictravel" <dynamictravel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB0D7C3A-1375-4319-B6F6-37A3BEC66556@microsoft.com... > Why wont my keyboard type in Word/ ...

Publisher 2007 won't allow printing to Sharp digital
Just got Publisher 2007, I can print in my inkjet, unable to print on my Sharp digital AR M350N printer. I have downloaded updated printer driver with help from Sparp tech, he says it sounds like I don't have permission to use that printer. It worked on Pub 2000 before I upgraded. Help!! -- Debbie (Church Office) ...

microsoft Office Newsgroups?
Does anyone know whether Microsoft will continue to have newsgroups for Office 2010? My news server, news.individual.net doesn't seem to be showing any microsoft.public.office2010 of any of the programs. Are they available on a different server? Thanks. Louise Microsoft will never initiate another new NNTP newsgroup. MS has pronounced NNTP dead. Go to http://communitybridge.codeplex.com/ and download and install V40 of the Community Bridge. You will be able to use the Technet Office 2010 forums with your news client. On Mon, 09 Aug 2010 02:55:55 -0400, louise &l...

the disadvantages of microsoft publisher
i' am doing my coursework and i can't find anything about the advantages and disadvantages of microsoft publisher and power point i would appreciate it if someone could help me burn41 <burn41@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > i' am doing my coursework and i can't find anything about the > advantages and disadvantages of microsoft publisher and power point i > would appreciate it if someone could help me With regards to what circumstances? I mean, if you want to do an animated presentation, Microsoft Publisher has plenty of disadv...

Microsoft Excel
I am quite impatient and would like to watch a tutorial on excel that takes one through the basics to advanced spreadsheet management. soes such a thing exist? -- ken Good luck, let me know if you find one "ken" wrote: > I am quite impatient and would like to watch a tutorial on excel that takes > one through the basics to advanced spreadsheet management. soes such a thing > exist? > -- > ken No one tutorial could possibly cover your needs. A multitude of tutorials might do the job. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/myoo/appset.aspx?prevurl=%2fen-us%2fdown...

Spell Check in Microsoft Office Word 2007
When trying to use the spell checker function I get the following message: "Cannot find proofing tools for English (United States). If you have the proofing tools, try installing or re-installing them. Contact your local reseller to obtain Office Proofing Tools. For more information see Microsoft Office Site." I had to change to OS to Vista Business and have been getting this since I made the change. Any help would be appreciated. What language is your Office Suite? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ...

Microsoft publisher 2002 Error 1706
I have a error message 1706 from msi installer that says: Set up cannot find the requested files office10\1033\setup.hlp Anybody knows anything about this?Is it possible to do some registry key modification to get rid of this error message box? Thanks in advance. OFFXP: "Error 1706...", "Installation Ended Prematurely..." When You Try to Run Setup http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;298021 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "ben" <benS21@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:69919abe.0307121025.3ff904...

Reinstall Publisher 2002
Due to drive limitations, had to install new drive. Reinstalled Windows XP/SP2 and Office XP/SP3. 1) Can I either run Publisher 2002 directly from the disc, or install on an external USB drive to conserve C drive space? or must I do a reinstall on C? 2) If I do install on C, can I later remove using Add/Remove and then later reinstall? I don't think you can completely run Publisher from the disk. I could be wrong but I think those days are pretty much gone. I don't think installing it on a removable drive will work either. Same caveat as before. If you install/uninstall/re...

Loosing Microsoft Equations
A plea for help! I'm using WORD 2008 on a Mac running Leopard 10.5.2. I have a 160 page document that has lots of Microsoft Equation Editor equations in it. After a significant editing session (with auto-backup switched on) they have all been trashed. They are all now just low-resolution pictures. I can't even visit them to 'convert' them back to equations. All knowledge of them being equations appears to be lost. There is also significant memory leakage. After two hours of work, it claims it can't save . All help gratefully received! Martyn Well, I don't think we ...

Publisher 2003 and Word
I just installed Publisher 2003 and now do not have Word on my computer and it changed all my Word docs to WordPad docs......doesn't this come with Word? I need my Word back!! Please any advise?? You still have Word. Your computer just forgot to use Word to open .doc files. And I doubt it had anything to do with Publisher but I guess anything is possible. Pick your OS and follow these steps: Windows XP http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307859 Vista http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10877_11-6172036.html -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question...

How do I merge & sort data from excel into publisher 2007
I just installed publisher 2007 Now I cannot find how to filter and sort merged info as I did in Pub 2003 the merged data is from an excel file Help here Mail, e-mail, and catalog merge http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH100502901033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Pat at LCI" <Pat at LCI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA015AE7-156D-4E69-94F4-21473B99F9D3@microsoft.com... >I just installed publisher 2007 > Now I cannot find how to filter and sort merged info a...

License usage for Microsoft Exchange Server
Yesterday I noticed a warning event in the event viewer that the "License usage for product Microsoft Exchange 2003 is nearing the maximum number or per server licenses purchased" In the licensing application I show that for "Per Server Purchased" we have 100 licenses and for "Per Server Reached" the value is -112 (!??). When I select the properties of Microsoft Exchange Server 2003, it shows we have 100 licenses purchased and have reached 94. Even this 94 amount is hard to believe. There are a total of 48 mailboxes showing in ESM and at the very most I...

Microsoft Publisher 2003 #3
Will Microsoft Publisher 2003 install on multiple computers? If so how many can it install on? Thanks. If you have an OEM version, it can only be installed on one system. If you have a full version, you can install it on one desktop system and one laptop. They cannot be used at the same time. Also, you will have to call Microsoft to activate the second copy. That is the ONLY legal way to have it installed on more than one computer. Please be aware if you have an older version of Publisher and it is installed on more than one computer, you violated Microsoft's end user license agre...

unsupported graphic in document hanging up Publisher
I think I've figured out the problem only Publisher doesn't stay operative long enough for me to address it. I think i've added an unsupported graphic file, which I could easily delete if 1) I could see it when I open it 2) if the software would stay running. How can extricate this graphic file from a document without Publisher crashing. I've done the microsoft tools clip organizer and detect and repair and I keep getting a notice that I don't have the available patch kit. Help? -- weaverscout Are you getting this message? You receive the "This patch packa...

Microsoft on screen messages
I have created a query in excel that obtains the data from an external source. Everything works fine --- exept every time I open the worksheet a ( query refresh )message appears asking wether I want to enable or disable automatic refresh I want to enable auto refresh permanently ( for this sheet anyway ) but wish to get rid of the message. Any sugestions ? If you were to order your Query by Excel Macro, then you could probably edit the macro to accomplish what you are asking. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "blended mist" wrote: > I have created a query in excel that obtai...

Publisher Error
I am running Windows ME and re-installed MS Office Premium 2000. Word runs okay, so does Excel, and PowerPoint, but I tried to Open and run Publisher and I get the following Publisher Error Message: Publisher cannot load the required file (ptxt9.dll). You may be out of memory, or the file may be corrupt. Please someone help me. I even went and disabled some start-up programs to free-up some system resources so I have enough to start programs such as Publisher and Corel Draw. I ran Publisher before I did the re-install and I never had any problems. Thanks Leo PUB2000 Error Message: Publish...

An IE Disadvantage
When IE download manager downloads a file from the web, it displys only the file name and the name of its host but won't tell us the download path as it does Mozila Firefox: IE Download Manager http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo253/mxtvmn271208/dm_ie.jpg Mozila Firefox Download Manager: http://i381.photobucket.com/albums/oo253/mxtvmn271208/dm_mf.jpg which I consider a great disadvantage. Thanks. Hi User, That frechur is programmed by web site developers. Some sites do not want you to know the download url to stop you accessing the download directly. Regards. ...

how can you find fonts that are used in publisher
I'm Using Publisher 2000. When I open my publisher document, I get a message box- Load font showing me the fonts that are embedded in my publication or are unavailable. I looked over the thing. I can't find this font. It prints fine, the system subs the font but I would to be able to find this to get ride of this annoying box. Is there some tool for this? There is a button on the inquiry dialogue labeled "Font Substitution", in the next dialogue you have the option of permanently substituting the font. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer....