Textbox printing all black on Ricoh printer

I just recently upgraded to publisher 2003 from a precious version.  I use a
RIcoh printer that has always worked fine printing my work from the previous
version of publisher.  Since the upgrade, text boxes that have a border and
no fill are printing as black rectangles on the Ricoh printer but print
correctly on a Savin and Lexmark printer that i can also print to.  If I
remove the border, the text prints fine on the Ricoh.  I also get the same
effect if I draw a rectangle with no fill and print it on the Ricoh printer.

This Ricoh printer is the one that  I have to use for publisher and I need
to be able to border text boxes but have not found a reason for this bizarre
behavior when it works correctly on all other printers.  Text boxes in MS
WORD and other applications print fine on this printer.  It is only in
publisher2003 that I am seeing this behavior.  I would appreciate any input
on why this is occurring and how to fix it.  TIA.
0
EADKINS (1)

Have you gone to Ricoh for help or perhaps a new driver. When you start your
publication are you selecting the Ricoh printer before you create your page?
http://www.ricoh-usa.com/support/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"EADKINS" <EADKINS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just recently upgraded to publisher 2003 from a precious version.  I use a
> RIcoh printer that has always worked fine printing my work from the previous
> version of publisher.  Since the upgrade, text boxes that have a border and
> no fill are printing as black rectangles on the Ricoh printer but print
> correctly on a Savin and Lexmark printer that i can also print to.  If I
> remove the border, the text prints fine on the Ricoh.  I also get the same
> effect if I draw a rectangle with no fill and print it on the Ricoh printer.
>
> This Ricoh printer is the one that  I have to use for publisher and I need
> to be able to border text boxes but have not found a reason for this bizarre
> behavior when it works correctly on all other printers.  Text boxes in MS
> WORD and other applications print fine on this printer.  It is only in
> publisher2003 that I am seeing this behavior.  I would appreciate any input
> on why this is occurring and how to fix it.  TIA.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

top fold card printed on 4 sides
I would like to be able to create a top or side card fold with printing on all 4 sides (front, 2 inside panels and back)...much like the quarter fold card, but the size would need to be 5.5" x 8.5. Any ideas how this can be done? Tried everything wrote: > I would like to be able to create a top or side card fold with > printing on all 4 sides (front, 2 inside panels and back)...much like > the quarter fold card, but the size would need to be 5.5" x 8.5. Any > ideas how this can be done? ========================== Which version of Publisher? -- John Inzer ...

statement print-out only open balances
Hello Hope someone can help I need to remove all details of transactions with zero balance (paid) from the list On my bi-monthly closing statements, and show only the transactions with an open balance. We have customer with a large history and the statements get very large. I have a statement that only prints this month’s activity, but I still need the old open transactions thanks this works great :) "Morris Paint" wrote: > See if this will do what you need. You may have to make some modifications > to the text on it but I think it will work. We ran into the same issu...

Macro -duplex printing
I am trying to write a macro in a template (.dot) file to be used on around 2000 documents based on it. The macro has code to print duplex. The code is give below. I get error 'Unable to set shared printer settings' while trying to assign printersettings. Isnt it the same like changing the Duplex setting in the print->printing preferances? Please advice. Option Explicit Public Type PRINTER_DEFAULTS pDatatype As Long pDevmode As Long DesiredAccess As Long End Type Public Type PRINTER_INFO_2 pServerName As Long ...

Selecting Excel Print Areas
I've got a multiple spreadsheet layout that I want to print. After setting the print area on sheet 1, the default area selected was down to line 56. On following sheets after setting the print area the default area selected only reaches row 52. All specs on all sheets are identical. Doh, Can anyone tell me why the print ranges on different spreadsheets are different sizes? I posted this post on on microsoft.public.excel.printing ng yesterday but haven't had any responses. -- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- FIGHT BACK AGAINST SPAM! Download...

Printing labels from PO screen
I have a zebra printer set up to print labels. If I print labels one by one from the items screen or through the label wizard, I can print labels just fine. But if I go to purchase order / receive screen and pick multiple items, such as itemA 5 itemB 3 itemC 2 RMS prints 10 (5+3+2) of the first item and none of the others on the zebra printer. If I pick a different sheet label format such as avery, then the labels print ok. Meaning 5 of first , 3 of second, and 2 of the last. I cannot figure this out, how can the label format I pick impact the number of labels being printed? Zebra te...

printing in seperations, wont see my Pantone color
Im printing a document in seperations, black and pantone green. When going to advanced printer settings, it only shows the CMYK as being the plates to use. How do i tell it to only print the black plate and to add the pantone green one? ...

Printing the "account" activity... no details?
OK, I'm trying to find SOME way of printing out a detailed list of my recent account activities, and I am not having much luck... When I am on the account and I choose "Print", all I get is a two column list, with the "amount" differences and the new running total. No payee name? No check number? No category? No "reconciled" status? I tried to look for options here, but the only ones I could find were for choosing my printer/changing my paper size. Didn't notice any reports that would print out this information... How might I do this? (I am using Mone...

Access loosing Memory with Printer-Object
Hi, please see following code, where I demontrate, that access will not free memory after an object is net to nothing: <code> Public Sub testprinter() Dim pPrinter As Printer Dim i As Long While i < 1000 i = i + 1 Set pPrinter = Application.Printers("MinoEti") Set pPrinter = Nothing ' the memory will not bee freed Wend End Sub </code> PS: Please replace "MinoEti" with a existing printer. Have a look at the system-memory an you see, the memory will not be freed again! can you fix thi...

making textbox to be auto sizable
I added a Textbox to a Word 2007 document by going to the Developer option(in the File menu), then chose Design Mode, then Legacy Tools->Text box Field. The MultiLine and Enterkey properties are set to True and the rest are default. The textbox is of size so that it can take some 10 rows of lines. Is there a feature I can choose/set so that when more than 10 rows of lines are entered the text box will automatically expand? The rows need to increase so the textbox needs to expand downwards to accommodate the text more than 10 lines. Can someone please advise if there is an inbuilt ...

Print Dialog Box
Not sure if this is possible in excel but can you create a box which you then enter a code and from a seperate sheet all the data gets printed. At the moment I write a macro for each code Thanks You're Bunny??? Check your other post. AmyD wrote: > > Not sure if this is possible in excel but can you create a box which you then > enter a code and from a seperate sheet all the data gets printed. At the > moment I write a macro for each code > > Thanks -- Dave Peterson ...

Need to print formulas
Hello all! Using E02 on XP. Have linked cells in OutFile.xls 'reading' data from InFile.xls. Rather than handwrite my cell mapping, how can I print the linked cells or the formulas? Example: InFile has: A B C 1 10.45 9.32 3.25 2 9.87 5.98 5.32 3 12.87 10.11 7.42 OutFile has: D L V 10 ='S:\[InFile.xls]P4'!A1 ='S:\[InFile.xls]P4'!B1 ='S:\[InFile.xls]P4&...

Public Folder Calendar printing
Hello, I'm running Outlook 2003 in an MS Exchange 5.5 environment. One of my users posed the question of why they cannot print the daily view of a Public Folder calendar. The weekly view prints just fine but whenever, they (or even me, and I'm the owner) try to print a daily view, they get the following error message: "This folder cannot be opened because there is a configuration problem on the server. Contact your Microsoft Exchange Server administrator for assistance." I haven't been able to find anything in Outlook help, Technet or Slipstick. Anyone have any clue...

Print Preview Problem #2
When previewing a multiple page document, the toolbar buttons are not enabling/disabling correctly. For example, if I choose Next to get to page 2, the Prev button does not get enabled for me to go back to page 1. Similarly, if I Zoom In, the Zoom Out button does not get enabled. It would appear that the ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI message handlers are not being called when they should. Any ideas on how to resolve this? In the MFC source code for preview, I see that the following message map is set up, but the handlers do not seem to get called when they should. ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI(AFX_ID_PREVIEW...

Printing "Arabic typesetting"
I am trying to create a scroll for a craft project, and i thought if I typed something in a blank publisher page, and set the font to "Arabic typesetting" it would show or print in arabic, then I could draw the characters on my Scroll, however, it won't print in the other language. Can someone helP? From your Help: The feature or some of the options described in this Help topic are only available if support for an East Asian or right-to-left language is enabled through Microsoft Office Language Settings. On the File menu, click Page Setup. On the Layout tab, under Publica...

Automatic daily printing from Calendar?
I have been asked to find out if there is a way to set up a shared calendar to print off daily? I'm not really into writing code, so if there is a way I'd need some very clever and kind person to write it in the reply for me and tell me how to set up this automation. If it is not possible (which I suspect) anyone got any ideas on alternative methods, please? In news:1118152092.529209.46040@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, gill.webster@virgin.net <gill.webster@virgin.net> typed: > I have been asked to find out if there is a way to set up a shared > calendar to print off d...

Excluding worksheets from printing
Hi, I currently embed an Excel macro in my spreadsheets which will print the entire workbook (40+ sheets) should the user request it: Private Sub CommandButton2_Click() Dim Sheet As Worksheet Dim lAnswer As Long lAnswer = MsgBox("This report contains " & Sheets.Count & " sheets - Do you want to print them all?", vbYesNo, "Print?") If lAnswer = vbNo Then Exit Sub Else Worksheets.Select Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).Show Sheets("Total").Select End If End Sub However, I have now incorporated several workings sheets that a...

Drawings not printing on x-y charts
I am superimposing a few lines "drawn" on an x-y chart. No problem until I "print preview" and notice that they are no longer evident, or print the chart and the drawings are absent. Am I overlooking something obvious? Thanks in advance for any tips here. Brad ...

CTRL+P to print CRM screen
We have a new client that is quite accustomed to doing a CTRL+P whenever they need a screen shot sent to the printer. When I try it in the CRM (1.2), I get script errors: Internet Explorer Script Error An error has occurred in the script on this page. Line: 100 Char: 2 Error: Object Expected Code: 0 URL: http://crm/_forms/styles/INPUT.dtm.htc Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Dave Ireland Salentica Systems Inc. Hello Dave. Isn't a great solution but you can press Print Screen button, paste in Word and sent to printer. Hope that help you. Daniel Rodriguez. SMS - Argentina Thanks...

Print Avery Labels 4 Up on One Page
In Access 2003 I have a project to print Avery 5168 labels (3 1/2 x5) 4 up on a page in landscape. They will be printed on a laser printer. Each label will be different in that it will print the data from one record in the source recordset. Could someone point me in the right direction on beginning this project? It seems like I somehow have to make a page within a page, or 4 3 1/2 X 5 pages contained in one page. Is this a case where a subreport would be used? Many thanks Mike Thomas There is a Label Wizard in the New Report section that will allow you to create labels. Avery 51...

slow printing in office 2004
After several hours of testing, I'm now pretty sure that Office 2004 and my HP psc 2175 don't mix well. Printing stops or stutters after half a page of printing in low res (fast draft) mode, with 2 pages on 1. The 'PrintJobMgr' takes up all available processor cycles, and printing proceeds at a very slow rate. I've done all I can with HP support, and the issue is not present when printing from Office X or any other program. I've seen one other post in the macfixit forum with another type of HP printer. Anyone else notice this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks...

print macro to solve limit on page breaks
I have encountered the limit on the number of page breaks that exce allows, and I'd like to write a macro to work around this. My data is as follow: Part Number Location Quantity 12345 12 10 12345 20 15 12346 35 37 The macro should begin in row 2 determine that there are two rows to be printed (for part numbe 12345) print the range move to the next part, determine how many rows to print and so on until it reaches a blank row (or I could enter 99999 as th stopping part number). Any suggestions would be greatly appreci...

printer problems
I'm using Excel 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1) At least once a day when I go to print something I get the message "No Printers Installed" and I have to restart the computer. Any idea what causes this. I have reinstalled the printer and that did not help. If you're on a network, I'd suspect some MIS "housekeeping" going on. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "eatel news" <pcormack@eatel.net> wrote in message news:99CdnWGFIfTi8HDdRVn-ug@eatel.net... > I'm using Excel 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1) > At least once a day when I go to print something I get the...

How to print table guidelines
How to print table guidelines You need to apply borders to the table. The gridlines do not print. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "How to print guidelines in Word" <How to print guidelines in Word@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6E03B8A-559D-4A9A-B099-68862FDA7E20@microsoft.com... > How to print table guidelines See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/Gridlines.htm ...

Images get distorted when printing
It seems that Excel distorts all images when you print them. They get vertically squeezed. This is not noticeable to most people. But is very apparent when you have a tall image that gets compressed. I have tested this on many computers and get the same result. 1. Start a new document. 2. Draw a "circular" Oval AutoShape. (Click and drag with Shift key held down.) 3. Do a print preview and Bingo! The circles are now ellipses! (They print that way too.) Has anyone experienced this too? Any suggestions for overcoming the problem? Yes, all my images and graphics display and pr...

Printing Contacts
Hiya everyone. I was just wondering...is there a way ,when printing off a contact list, to include their birthdays on the print out? thanks :D -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" I'm using Outlook 2000 by the way -- @---}-- Laura..... :) Liverpool, England "Do you know where you're going to?" "Laura ( '_' )" <laura@invalid.example.com> wrote in message news:O61TBrf6FHA.1000@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hiya everyone. > I was just wondering...is there a way ,when printing off a c...