Textbox printing all black on Ricoh printer

I just recently upgraded to publisher 2003 from a precious version.  I use a
RIcoh printer that has always worked fine printing my work from the previous
version of publisher.  Since the upgrade, text boxes that have a border and
no fill are printing as black rectangles on the Ricoh printer but print
correctly on a Savin and Lexmark printer that i can also print to.  If I
remove the border, the text prints fine on the Ricoh.  I also get the same
effect if I draw a rectangle with no fill and print it on the Ricoh printer.

This Ricoh printer is the one that  I have to use for publisher and I need
to be able to border text boxes but have not found a reason for this bizarre
behavior when it works correctly on all other printers.  Text boxes in MS
WORD and other applications print fine on this printer.  It is only in
publisher2003 that I am seeing this behavior.  I would appreciate any input
on why this is occurring and how to fix it.  TIA.
0
EADKINS (1)

Have you gone to Ricoh for help or perhaps a new driver. When you start your
publication are you selecting the Ricoh printer before you create your page?
http://www.ricoh-usa.com/support/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"EADKINS" <EADKINS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just recently upgraded to publisher 2003 from a precious version.  I use a
> RIcoh printer that has always worked fine printing my work from the previous
> version of publisher.  Since the upgrade, text boxes that have a border and
> no fill are printing as black rectangles on the Ricoh printer but print
> correctly on a Savin and Lexmark printer that i can also print to.  If I
> remove the border, the text prints fine on the Ricoh.  I also get the same
> effect if I draw a rectangle with no fill and print it on the Ricoh printer.
>
> This Ricoh printer is the one that  I have to use for publisher and I need
> to be able to border text boxes but have not found a reason for this bizarre
> behavior when it works correctly on all other printers.  Text boxes in MS
> WORD and other applications print fine on this printer.  It is only in
> publisher2003 that I am seeing this behavior.  I would appreciate any input
> on why this is occurring and how to fix it.  TIA.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

TextBox lock
How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to click on it and change the value or text. Set the 'Enabled' property to FALSE -- Hope this helps. If it does, please click the Yes button. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "Pas" wrote: > How do I stop anyone from changing values or text in a textbox? > The textbox in question is linked to a cell and I dont want anyone able to > click on it and change the value or text. Many thanks it work...

How do I print a Find-all search in Excel 2002?

TextBox????
Sending data to "accounting"formatted column in a spreadsheet froma form,appears to enter as text(no formatting whatsoever). This is a new textbox added to an old form. I've reloaded Excel 2000. Thanks for any help. Any chance you're not sending real numbers to that cell? If your data is in C12, if you put =isnumber(c12) in another cell, what do you get? if it's not a number, then the numberformat won't do anything. If this is true, maybe you can clean up the value in the textbox. worksheets("sheet1").range("C12").value = cdbl(textbox1.valu...

HP rp5000 Receipt printer problem #2
I need some help setting up the A794 printer on the rp5000 POS system. I install everything according to instructions but it is not printing. I am running the MS Dynamics POS 2.0. Now I am getting an error message that say cannot acquire resources for A794 HELP --------------------------------- ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.public.pos - 36956 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------## Insta...

Check Printing #11
Money 2007 has stopped printing the descriptive amount, ie One Thousand Two Hundred, on the check using my HP 1200 Laserjet. Just updated to SP3. Any ideas? I just tried printing three on my M+ / XP Pro SP3 / Epson Stylus Color 740. I could not duplicate your issue. Sorry... This may be one for Microsoft Support. "Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A78F1C2E-812D-4BFD-B38A-FB83EEB343C6@microsoft.com... > Money 2007 has stopped printing the descriptive amount, ie One Thousand > Two > Hundred, on the check using my HP 1200 Laserjet. Just u...

Problem when Print from print preview
Hi, I have an Doc / View app with a class derived CView in which I want to print simple text. Printing directly works fine, Preview works fine too. But when I want to print (with print button) from Preview, I have this error Message : "Could not start print job". It seems there is a problem with the PrintDialog and I don't know why !!!!!!! Is there someone that could help me quickly please ? Thanks in advance. Where is this error message appearing? Is this in the Output window or is an actual message popping up? I would start by stepping through the code in the debugger an...

Printing Questions
We have a document that is actually 44 pages long. However, in the status window and in print preview it says 51 pages long. When scrolling down on the right, it will say 38 pages long. We printed the entire document and it is actually 44 pages. But when you type into the print window that you want to print only pages 43 and 44, nothing will print except a blank page that says "IB" that is not the last page or even on the last couple pages. This happens in both 2003 and 2007, it also happens on every printer that we have tried (4). Why can't we print pages 4...

Printing in excel always comes out in bold even tho bold not on
When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the bold is not switched on. Any suggestions?? It could be a printer setting. Does it print in bold from other applications? Regards, Fred "Scarlett50" <Scarlett50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF3BAEA1-4D22-449E-BB8F-31DD8855AF20@microsoft.com... > When I print in excel my work always comes out in bold even though the > bold > is not switched on. Any suggestions?? No only when I have to type a report in excel - the actual report is ok on other computers! but...

textbox on the screen
is it possible to view the content of the active cell on a textbox that will not go off the screen even if you scroll down or to the right? -- rp Hi Rp The formula bar will always display ythe content of the active cell. Floating objects are either modeless userforms or custom toolbars. Both can be told to do what you want, but it requires some programming. HTH. Best wishes Harald "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> skrev i melding news:%23CK2xxgpEHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > is it possible to view the content of the active cell on a textbox that will > not go off t...

Delivery Order Report Print
I am using Access 2000 I have linked tables to generate a report. I have a form from which I want to print the report. The cache is I want to print that particular record the form refers to. I am getting the report but it shows all the records and I have to go through all of them to find the particular page/record I want to print. Pls help me... Or if you can pls provide me any good side that can help me brush up my Access knowledge. Check this link http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0002.htm. If your primary key value is text, you may need to change the code to something like: strWh...

Publisher is not printing 2 page book layout properly
I've had 2 HP printers for a long time. I've replaced 1 of them recently. Since loading the software, both printers have stopped printing a two page spread centrally ie. 2 A5's on a landscape A4 to be folded to form pages for a book. Page 1 seems ok still, but page 2 has a much larger margin on the right hand side, so when the A4 sheet is folded into 2 x A5 the printed page is too near the fold/spine. Please help me I am in the middle of producing a book and suddenly I cannot continue. Yours Frustrated, Keith This is clearly a paper feed issue with the printer...

Inserting value of an unbound Textbox
hi, i got a form in which a integer value (Number) is being calculated based on the unput the user is giving in the different fields, now i want to insert this data in a field in my table, when the input is saved any bright ideas? See: Calculated fields at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-14.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Addy" <Addy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:494340EE-F995-4C6...

printing files
How to setup in the first file (5 files total) on the last page, using a code to tell the system to print the next file (without opening it) and at the end of that page another code opens the next file etc.......So I can keep the page numbering continuousl You are in dreamtime. Get back to reality. It cannot be done. -- ...

How do I print only checked off items from a checklist form
Is it possible to use Word to create a form with checkboxes. The form is printed and used as a checkoff by endusers. Once the enduser completes the paper form its submitted and data entry enters the checks on the electronic form and from that creates a Word document with only the checked off items on the list? See the Boiler.zip on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at: http://www.gmayor.com/downloads.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "mccrea...

print page properties

Print/Print preview with buttons
(and now in english, sorry) Hello NG, I want to start my print job or print preview using Buttons in my CFormView. With the File-menu it works fine. How can I activate the commands in file menu? SendMessage? But which parameters do I need? Thanx for help Guido Franzke Why don't you just put: ON_BN_CLICKED( <id>, <memberFxn> ) in your message map where id is the ID of the button and memberFxn is whatever the member function that the file menu points to. If you want to use SendMessage then what you want is: SendMessage(WM_COMMAND,File_Menu_Id,0l); M "Guido Franz...

TextBox Keydown
Hi, Everytime I double the textbox in design screen, it will direct me to the TextChanged method. I need to add the code myself in the .cs file (like below 1) and .Designer.cs file (like below 2) for other like Keydown. 1: private void txtInvoice_KeyDown(object sender, KeyEventArgs e) { } 2: this.txtCartonID.KeyDown += new System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventHandler(this.txtCartonID_KeyDown); Is there any other way to add the code? You can select your textbox in the designer, then press F4 to open properties window. In the properties window you can click on the Events but...

Setting excel to landscape and setting print area from access
I have an excel file that I create from access and I was wondering if there is an easy way to set the page setup to landscape and to set the print area width from access. Is there an easy way to do this? I created a macro with the excel macro recorder but I am not sure if I can somehow use this code to have access do this. Any direction on this would be appreciated. thanks [code] With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .PrintTitleRows = "" .PrintTitleColumns = "" End With ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "" With Active...

printing business cards
I have prepared a business card in Publisher and want to print ten per page to fit my stationery. I am told to go to File. Print. Page Option. Print Multiple Copies. John, You are following the right steps...just one more to go. In the Print box there is a button that says custom options. In there you can set up the actual measurements for the page. If you set the horizontal gap and the vertical gaps at 0 it will allow for a second column and five rows down. Good luck. >-----Original Message----- >I have prepared a business card in Publisher and want to >print ten pe...

Getting photos to print in an image field
This is Access 2007. In my report I have an image field (9 x 6.77 cm). It exists in the detail section of a subreport and snakes across then down. The onPrint event for that section reads: Me.imgPhoto.Picture = Forms!frmProfiles!txtPath & "\" & Me.txtPhoto My problem is that Access doesn't print all the photos. I suspect it's a size issue as if I reduce the resolution of the photos to, say, 800 x 600, then they all print. However, the resaulting print quality is not nearly as good as the original resolution So: is there a way to force Access to be patient and ensur...

Report Print Preview in Access 2007
Problem is I can set up a report under properties to open in Print Preview as the default, but when I add it to the switchboard, it opens in Report view instead. How can I get it to use Print Preview mode when users open the report? Thank you for your time and assistance. Check the switchboard code. Look at the HandleButtonClick() routine. My switchboard was originally created in an older Access version. That routine contains a Select Case statement to process the various commans. The relevant one in my code reads: ' Open a report. Case conCmdOpenReport ...

print Grid Lines
when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected inside with a solid black line. i have also checked the "page setup" and the "sheet tab" and chedked "grid lines" but i still cannot print grid lines. will some one please help me. >-----Original Message----- >when i try to print grid lines they dont print, i have >tried to look at "format cell" then boarders and selected >inside with a solid black line. i have also checked >the "page setup" and th...

Help
I am using store ops version 1.3.1010. We are using a windows and not an OPOS printer for our receipt printing. When we post a transaction, I would like the cashier to have the ability to enter how many copies of receipt to print before it prints. To do this I added the PrintReceipt hook to my windows registry, and have code added to my custom DLL that is triggered when this hook is activated. That piece is working fine. My code contains the following lines: Dim MyCount as Integer MyCount = InputBox("Enter receipt quantity", "Receipt Quantity") posSession.Configu...

Print and Print Preview inconsistency problem
I am working on a scroll view based project that displays a single page of text and graphic. For some reason, I have to use MM_LOENGLISH for the text (upper part on the page) and MM_TEXT for the graphic (lower part on the same page). The whole thing works fine when displayed on screen and preview but wrong when printed on printer. To be more specific, the graphic part is totally missing although the text displayed correctly. My preliminary guess about this is due to different scaling associated with different mode but I am not sure. I know very little about printing and my partial understandi...

Set Textbox BorderStyle to None Dynamically in 2008
The line below marked with * is not valid in vb.net 2008; how do I set the border dynamically? Dim cControl As Control For Each cControl In Me.Controls If (TypeOf cControl Is TextBox) Then cControl.BackColor = Color.White cControl.BorderStyle=None '*****************' End If Next cControl Am 03.03.2010 00:36, schrieb Ryan: > The line below marked with * is not valid in vb.net 2008; how do I set the > border dynamically? > > Dim cControl As Control > For Each cControl In Me.Controls > If (TypeOf cControl Is TextBox) Then > ...