text wrapping #3

How can I get text to flow through a picture?
0
Carol310 (125)

Right-click the text box, click format text box, layout tab, click "through."

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I get text to flow through a picture?

0
gsauer (5094)
12/14/2004 5:35:51 PM
While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a
message from Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com>. On it is written:
> Right-click the text box, click format text box, layout tab, click
> "through."

Not sure about 2000 and earlier (many complain about the differences in this
area), but in Publisher 2002 and later you need to set that on the Picture
(Format Picture > Layout > Through), not on the text box.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
12/14/2004 10:52:21 PM
Ed, Have you tried the layout "through" with the text box first? Works for me...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a
> message from Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com>. On it is written:
>> Right-click the text box, click format text box, layout tab, click
>> "through."
>
> Not sure about 2000 and earlier (many complain about the differences in this area),
> but in Publisher 2002 and later you need to set that on the Picture (Format Picture
>  > Layout > Through), not on the text box.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
gsauer (5094)
12/14/2004 11:37:56 PM
While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a
message from Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com>. On it is written:
> Ed, Have you tried the layout "through" with the text box first?
> Works for me...

To test this, I created a text box and filled it with Lorem Ipsum text.  I
then inserted a picture and overlapped it with the text box.  The text
flowed around the picture.
Went to Format Text Box > Layout, and it was already set to "Through".
Setting it to None did nothing.
Then went to Format Picture > Layout, and set it to through, which didn't
work (as I had suspected), as it was a bitmapped picture with no
transparency that I had inserted.  Setting it to None made the text flow
perfectly, albeit invisibly.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
12/15/2004 12:04:04 PM
When I format the text box before inserting an image, it works. It makes no
difference if it is a bitmap or vector.
Duplicating your post I did not have the same result with the formatted bitmap, it
worked when I selected "through", but did not work when selecting "none." (This is
after the text box was set to none.)
The image was placed in the middle of the Lorem Ipsum page...

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a
> message from Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com>. On it is written:
>> Ed, Have you tried the layout "through" with the text box first?
>> Works for me...
>
> To test this, I created a text box and filled it with Lorem Ipsum text.  I then
> inserted a picture and overlapped it with the text box.  The text flowed around the
> picture.
> Went to Format Text Box > Layout, and it was already set to "Through". Setting it
> to None did nothing.
> Then went to Format Picture > Layout, and set it to through, which didn't work (as
> I had suspected), as it was a bitmapped picture with no transparency that I had
> inserted.  Setting it to None made the text flow perfectly, albeit invisibly.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
gsauer (5094)

sum #3
sum displays in the bottom of the work area after dragging across multiple cells? Yes that's entirely possible and if you right click the status bar you'll see that you have several other options as an alternative to Sum Mike "acp20770" wrote: > sum displays in the bottom of the work area after dragging across multiple > cells? If I understand your question, right-click in the place that the Sum should appear and select Sum for the Menu. -- HTH Sandy In Perth, the ancient capital of Scotland and the crowning place of kings sandymann2@mailinator.com Replace ...

Email Disclaimer #3
We are looking to add an email disclaimer to our emails that we send out. We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 with outlook 2003. Is there a way in Exchange to have all of our emails have this disclaimer at the bottom, or is this an outlook thing, or do I need a third party software for it? Please let me know. Thank you, Tim "Tim" <tim@dansko.com> wrote in message news:12uo7tmstacs19e@corp.supernews.com... > We are looking to add an email disclaimer to our emails that we send out. > We are using Exchange 2003 SP2 with outlook 2003. Is there a way in > Exchange to...

TEXT = text

Sorting by last 3 digits in cell
I need to sort columns using the last 3 digits of a number not the first digits. How do I do this? Thanks for your help. Hi, Try adding a helper column (B) and use =RIGHT(A1,3) and fill down, then click any cell within column B and sort. Harry "britten funk" wrote: > I need to sort columns using the last 3 digits of a number > not the first digits. How do I do this? Thanks for your > help. > I'd use a formula like: =mod(a1,1000) To keep them numbers (not text) Or modify Harry's formula to: =--RIGHT(A1,3) britten funk wrote: > > I need ...

Selecting text in a document

How to set a discount like: buy 3 for $100.
How to set a discount like: buy 3 for $100. I want to set a discount like: buy 3 itemA for $100. If those will be mixed items you have to first setup a discount under database tab in manager, and than in items properties under discount tab select "USE mix and match Discount scheme" and select the discount you created. If its going to be same item you can use QTY discount pricing table. Hope this helps Robert "TJW" wrote: > How to set a discount like: buy 3 for $100. > I want to set a discount like: buy 3 itemA for $100. I could use that for EVEN QTY, bu...

submit button #3
I have a website that is not a ".com" website. The submit buttons dont work. I am using the free hosting by fateback.com. Can i make the submit buttons work, and if i can how? Thank you very much! Dear Silly, May I suggest posting your question to the Publisher webdesign newsgroup? JoAnn Paules MVP Publisher "sillistring" wrote: > I have a website that is not a ".com" website. The submit buttons dont work. > I am using the free hosting by fateback.com. Can i make the submit buttons > work, and if i can how? > Thank you very much! ...

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

crm 3.0 and crm 4.0 client
Can one user have crm 3.0 client(live system) in desktop and crm 4.0 client(for our 4.0 test server) in a laptop?. If by client you mean 'Outlook Client', then no. If you mean using the IE client, then sure. -- Fortis www.webfortis.com "lily" wrote: > Can one user have crm 3.0 client(live system) in desktop and crm 4.0 > client(for our 4.0 test server) in a laptop?. > ...

SQL Compact 3.5 missing in VS2008proSP1
Hi, I have just tried to install / uninstall / re-install / repair SQL Server compact edition into my VS 2008 Pro SP1 My SQL Server works fine, However the compact edition does not seem to show in the datasource options at all. As a result, when I go and add a 'local database' I get an error. I have searched the net and can't seem to find a soltuion ( still searching ). Any help would be appreciated. Cheers' Miro Solved: I had to go to the cd and go to WCU\SSCE and run SSCEVSTools-enu.msi Cheers' Miro "Miro" <miro@be...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Re: Using Text Styles

Integration assistant for excel #3
I am trying to run an integration and when I try to map the detail query information, my fields are not coming in to select from. The fields come in okay for the header query. Is there a step that I am missing? Thanks, Laura Laura: Here is KB solution you need to review: https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;843786 You need to get the list of key fields right. "LauraS" wrote: > I am trying to run an integration and when I try to map the detail query > information, my fields are not coming in to select from. The fields come in > ...

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

sending messages in outlook #3
i am able to create a message but unable to send, there is no send button....why?? - microsoft outlook 2000 Do you have at least one valid e-mail account configured? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "zebedee" wrote: > i am able to create a message but unable to send, there is no send > button....why?? - microsoft outlook 2000 yes i do. "Jocelyn Fiorello [MVP - Outlook]" wrote: > Do you have at least one valid e-mail acc...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...