text box - rounded corners - how do I get ?

I would like my text box to have rounded corners, how do i achieve this
0
nukie (7)

I take it you want a border around the text box with rounded corners:

With the Custom Shapes tool at the left of the monitor, select the rectangle
with the rounded corners, create same in the work area.
Now select the Text Frame tool and put a text box on top of the rounded
corner rectangle, make it transparent, type text, adjust either the frame or
text as needed.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"nukie" <nukie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like my text box to have rounded corners, how do i achieve this

Don,
I think you are taking it one step too far to do this. For a rounded test
box or other autoshape all that is necessary is to:
1. Select the autoshape
2. With the autoshape still selected, click on the text frame icon
3. Move the cursor back to the autoshape and click.

A text frame is then created that stays the same dimension as the autoshape
if the autoshape has to be resized. This works best for rounded corners, but
can be applied to most of the other autoshapes. The only problem is the text
still based upon a rectangular or square text frame, so it doesn't follow
the contours of a circle, etc...
--
Ron Cohen

"Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
>I take it you want a border around the text box with rounded corners:
>
> With the Custom Shapes tool at the left of the monitor, select the
> rectangle
> with the rounded corners, create same in the work area.
> Now select the Text Frame tool and put a text box on top of the rounded
> corner rectangle, make it transparent, type text, adjust either the frame
> or
> text as needed.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "nukie" <nukie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I would like my text box to have rounded corners, how do i achieve this

0
Ron
3/4/2005 7:18:43 PM
I don't seem to have this in Publisher 2000.  Do I err?

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Ron Cohen" <drc023@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> Don,
> I think you are taking it one step too far to do this. For a rounded test
> box or other autoshape all that is necessary is to:
> 1. Select the autoshape
> 2. With the autoshape still selected, click on the text frame icon
> 3. Move the cursor back to the autoshape and click.
>
> A text frame is then created that stays the same dimension as the
autoshape
> if the autoshape has to be resized. This works best for rounded corners,
but
> can be applied to most of the other autoshapes. The only problem is the
text
> still based upon a rectangular or square text frame, so it doesn't follow
> the contours of a circle, etc...
> --
> Ron Cohen
>
> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
> >I take it you want a border around the text box with rounded corners:
> >
> > With the Custom Shapes tool at the left of the monitor, select the
> > rectangle
> > with the rounded corners, create same in the work area.
> > Now select the Text Frame tool and put a text box on top of the rounded
> > corner rectangle, make it transparent, type text, adjust either the
frame
> > or
> > text as needed.
> >

> > --
> > Don
> > Vancouver, USA
> >

> > "nukie" <nukie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> I would like my text box to have rounded corners, how do i achieve this

This works fine with 2002 and I suppose with 2003 but Pub2000 doesn't give
you that option.
--

>I don't seem to have this in Publisher 2000.  Do I err?
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Ron Cohen" <drc023@N^O+S~P^A^M.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Don,
>> I think you are taking it one step too far to do this. For a rounded test
>> box or other autoshape all that is necessary is to:
>> 1. Select the autoshape
>> 2. With the autoshape still selected, click on the text frame icon
>> 3. Move the cursor back to the autoshape and click.
>>
>> A text frame is then created that stays the same dimension as the
> autoshape
>> if the autoshape has to be resized. This works best for rounded corners,
> but
>> can be applied to most of the other autoshapes. The only problem is the
> text
>> still based upon a rectangular or square text frame, so it doesn't follow
>> the contours of a circle, etc...
>> --
>> Ron Cohen
>>
>> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngineer@pnb.telco> wrote in message
>> >I take it you want a border around the text box with rounded corners:
>> >
>> > With the Custom Shapes tool at the left of the monitor, select the
>> > rectangle
>> > with the rounded corners, create same in the work area.
>> > Now select the Text Frame tool and put a text box on top of the rounded
>> > corner rectangle, make it transparent, type text, adjust either the
> frame
>> > or
>> > text as needed.
>> >

>> > --
>> > Don
>> > Vancouver, USA
>> >

>> > "nukie" <nukie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Ron
3/5/2005 3:41:29 AM
I want a rounded corner rectangle that has been infilled then a text box put
inside that which will be white, but this text box also needs to have rounded
corners to follow the rounded corner coloured border I have created
0
nukie (7)

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Where can we get a complete list of VC++ data types?
Hi, We need a list of all VC++ Data Types. Searched through MSDN but could not find a single list. Since we are new to VCC+ we really don't know if what we are getting is sufficient or there is more. Would help if we could get some reference link. Thanks and Regards, M Shetty news:1159884090.972166.178530@e3g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...> Hi, > > We need a list of all VC++ Data Types. Searched through MSDN but could > not find a single list. Since we are new to VCC+ we really don't know > if what we are getting is sufficient or there is more. It's not clear that ...

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Need to get to a blocked attachment!
Does anyone have any idea how I can get to an attachment that OE has blocked? It's an important document in html format. I have XP as my OS. There doesn't seem to be any way to manually "unblock" attachments. Thanks. Yes, there is a way. Either hit Forward or check your Tools->options->security tab to fix the problem. Next time, try posting in an Outlook Express forum - this group supports Outlook from Microsoft Office. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Re: Using Text Styles

We stopped getting any NDR's
Had a Exchange 5.5 Server running. Added a second server running Exchange 2K3. After doing migration, we switched over to the Exchange 2K3 Server. For a whil now we are not getting any Non-Delivery Reports. No matter if you email a bogus address, you will not get the NDR at all. Under my Global Settings > Internet Message Format > Default > Properties, we are setup to allow non-delivery reports. Any help will be greatly appriciated. Please email me, if possible. Thanks cisco Do you mean NDR to sender or NDR to local admin? Francisco Arredondo wrote: > Had a Exchange 5.5 ...

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

No password protect workbook box in Tools>Options>General
As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some important features are missing. I want to password protect any given workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the sort on the General tab under Options. Now what? Why don't you get a full version if you expect full version capability? I'm at a loss... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "MS" <...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

get $50,000 ot a scam!!!!
!!!!$$$$$$ EASY MONEY, AND IT REALLY WORKS!!!!!!, TRY IT AND YOU’LL BE HAPPY!!!!! :0) $$$Take five minutes to read this and it WILL change your life.$$$ I finally decided to read one of these articles in an internet newsgroup describing how to make $50,000.00 in only one month from a $5.00 investment. Of course I thought this was ridiculous ,or some type of pyramid. I talked it over with my family, an attorney, and my friends, and they all agreed it was some sort of scam. I hate scams because usually someone gets burned, and I didn't want it to be me! I blew it off for a few wee...

Combo Box Prolem
Hi All, I have a combo box that will not let me select the items using my mouse. I can use the Arrow Down Key and then hit TAB to select the item. The only thing that I think may be causing this is the ROW source. I have this change depending on the company location. See Code that fires when the user select the Customer ID. The 3rd line from the bottom sets the ROW source for the item. The combo box is bound to a feild called ITEM. Maybe this should be unbound. Can anyone help? Thanks Private Sub CustID_AfterUpdate() Dim stFilter As String Dim stEmp As String Dim stCoNum A...

how can i get thumbnails?
i would like to set up a page with approx 20 thumbnails but i would like text at the top and bottom of the pages, its sort of a catalog i want to make up of items i have in stock. thanks in advance My first thought was "Visit a manicurist." :-) I assume you are talking about a website. I'd suggest posting your question in microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign. I'd like to be able to answer your question but I use FrontPage and I created my thumbnails in another program. Sorry. Just remember that Publisher is a desktop publishing program that can save a file as a web...

shading behind text
I would like to place white text within a box of gray shading. When I use the 'background' function, it shades the entire document. How do I limit the background to a line of text? thanks Ken Depending on your preference I can think of at least 3 ways, but they all may not be available to you... or instructions may vary. It depends on what version of Word you're using & you haven't even indicated whether it's Windows or Mac. Since you posted to the Mac Word group I'll assume you're using a Mac version & further that it is the most current (2008):...

How to get the text of each selection?
Hi, Dear All We can use Ctrl key and mouse to multi-select range in a document, but if somebody could tell me how to get the text of each selection? Cheers! osen Sorry, it is not really possible. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=288424. The closest you can come is to use Selection.Copy, then open a new blank document and paste. The individual pieces will be separated by paragraph marks, but you can't distinguish between those and any paragraph marks that might have been in the middle of some pieces. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FA...