text box must be empty error

Has anyone come across that error that says
the "text box must be empty" when doing a
Create Text Block Link, and the text box is
empty?

Any solutions?

--
Robert Pearson
ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net

You can only link to an empty text box. Copy the text in box two, paste it to
the end of box one, create an empty text box, link box one to box three, delete
box two.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

<paramindsoftware@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Has anyone come across that error that says
> the "text box must be empty" when doing a
> Create Text Block Link, and the text box is
> empty?
>
> Any solutions?
>
> --
> Robert Pearson
> ParaMind Brainstorming Software http://www.paramind.net
> Creative Virtue Press/Telical Books/Regenerative Music
> http://www.rspearson.com

0
mary-sauer (6480)

TEXT = text

Selecting text in a document

CScrollView and text height

Text Boxes on Charts not showing up

Function is not availalbe in expressions in query expression error message (0/1)
I recently received this error message when opening the source DB in Access 2007. I have attached two jpg pics. Does this error message give enough details for someone to point me in the right direction for a fix? The last time I developed and worked in this DB everything worked fine. I get this error when clicking on a control that runs a query macro against a backend DB consisting of about 15 tables. I should mention the error comes into play when trying to run the frontend on a client W/S. I don't see the error while on my W/S which is my developer W/S and has Acce...

CListCtrl::HitTest error arg invalid
Hello, I have just hit a quite annoying problem with MFC and CListCtrl::HitTest; mainly - its arguments are changing themselves. I have called int nItem = c_Report.HitTest(pt_in, NULL); However the application crashes in the MFC wrapper, trying to allocate memory for the uFlags*, I step into it with the debugger and I find that the uFlags* now points to _crtDebugBreak or something along those lines. Most fustraiting, any ideas? Im all out. -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "Those people that think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do" ...

Ranking Numbers with Text

Null in text box

Report errors after YE update
We've had approximately 8-10 clients who have installed the year-end update within the past week or two and who have all had issues with modified reports. In certain cases, recreating the reports dictionary has corrected the issues - there have been a couple cases where we were required to recreate the dictionary the following day as well. Some of the issues have included errors such as "Resources in the dictionary cannot be found" or SQL error messages. Other issues have been reports reverting back to the report that is not modified, regardless of the security setup or...

"Can't find macro" error
I have a simple macro that executes the following: Sub SAVE_Quit() ActiveWorkbook.Save Application.Quit End Sub I assigned it to a toolbar button called "Save List". Whenever I try to run the macro from the toolbar, I get the "can't find macro error". But I can successfully run the macro from the Tools > Macro > Macros list. The sheet is protected but I still get the error when I unprotect it. The macro is stored in Module 1. I tried moving it to This Workbook or Sheet 1 (in case it was stored in the wrong place) but got the same error. What am I ...

ERROR check if a date set entered violates a perviously entered date set
I am devloping an excel program that has a list of date sets, not necessarily in sequencial order. What I want is an ERROR CHECK if a date set violates any date set previously entered. What I was looking for was that a date set could not be typed in as follows: 1/10/04 to 4/20/04 2/10/04 to 3/20/04 The second date set falls within the first set and should be invalid setting off a message or an alert of an invalid entry. I am interested in making it idiot proof so that one could not enter date sets within or covering dates sets already entered. This one really throws me, Please help. ...

Re: Using Text Styles

Text in Cell as Formula #2

Logical Test: Text Against Number 01-05-10

Plain text warning/ VS2005
Whenever I add a CRecordset derived class, I get an error telling me the password for the DB is sent in "plain text" and is not secure etc. I comment that line out, but how much of a security risk is this? What can I do with my Access database to avoid this? VC 6.0 never gave this error... tia b If you are on any kind of network that anyone can look at, you are wide open for attack. Example, a University network; potentially, ever student can be running a packet sniffer and see your password. Anything that passes acros the Internet outside your local intranet is also vuln...

No password protect workbook box in Tools>Options>General
As is the case with much of this limited CD that was installed, some important features are missing. I want to password protect any given workbook. When I went to help (since the Tools>Protection didn't work) it told me to go to Tools>Options>General, and click on the box that said to password protect the workbook. As usual, this version has nothing of the sort on the General tab under Options. Now what? Why don't you get a full version if you expect full version capability? I'm at a loss... ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "MS" <...

Rotate text?
Office(publisher) 2K. Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? L. Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message news:%23TBzesS9FHA.2616@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Office(publisher) 2K. > > Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence? > > L. > > Thanks for the info. L. "JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:U46dnd7PfZ5CTBHenZ2dnUVZ_sidnZ2d@suscom....

E2K3 SP1 Error
I have sucessfully created and mounted an RSG on my Exchange 2003 SP1 server. My problem is when i right click any mailbox in the RSG from the ESM that's name contains a comma (Kleinpeter, Rob) i get error: An Invalid dn syntax has been specified. Facility: LDAP Providor ID no: 80072032 Exchange System Manager This does not happen in the live database or in the RGS with names that do not contain commas. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. RK Sorry....i got a posting error when I saved the previous. "Rob Kleinpeter" wrote: > I have sucessfully create...

Combo Box Prolem
Hi All, I have a combo box that will not let me select the items using my mouse. I can use the Arrow Down Key and then hit TAB to select the item. The only thing that I think may be causing this is the ROW source. I have this change depending on the company location. See Code that fires when the user select the Customer ID. The 3rd line from the bottom sets the ROW source for the item. The combo box is bound to a feild called ITEM. Maybe this should be unbound. Can anyone help? Thanks Private Sub CustID_AfterUpdate() Dim stFilter As String Dim stEmp As String Dim stCoNum A...

Outlook 2000 Error 0X9284011D
I am unable to open my Outlook address book. I get the message: "Unknown error 0X9284011D. An error occurred while attempting to to open Windows Address Book. Unable to find the WAB DLL." Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue? I used to be able to open Outlook, now it says that Outlook is not installed. I uninstalled and reinstalled Disk 1 and 2 of MS Office, but I still get the same message. Help! ...