Tests?

Why do so many individuals need to jump on someone who posts a test?

A higher percentage than Ivory soap put a clear indicator in the Subject
line it's a test message.  Seems the least educated of us all could identify
this to make the decision to go right on by, it's a test.  But what happens
is a deluge of messages are sent to criticize the individual who is trying
to solve a problem. And many of the criticisms are "not on topic" (like the
ng they're in has "and criticism" as part of the ng title.  But what is
allowed is the use of vomit vocabulary! Certainly a conundrum.

Well, this is NOT a test and just to add a bit to qualify as being on topic.

Yesterday, I added a SanDisk Cruzer Mini drive.  Now I can take my Publisher
files with me when consulting with my associates across town and other
benefits, i.e., replace my 100mb RamDisk.  A word of caution to those with
earlier than Windows 98SE, the Cruzer doesn't list them as being compatible.
Now there are at least two reasons for upgrading from Windows 98 to SE.
Cruzer is one and if you want to use Adobe Reader version 6.0 is a second.
And the Cruzer made my 100mb RamDisk obsolete.  One more thing, 98SE needs a
driver obtainable by downloading from the SanDisk folks.  So the folks who
don't modem to the outside world will need a friend who does. I suppose the
SanDisk folks would respond to a request for the drivers via floppy/CD.

--
Don
Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America!

P.S. If there are some who really want to test, maybe it's time for a white
lie. Post a message within the bounds of the ng topic.  Like, will Publisher
2003 run on an Atari Mega STe 4?  Ouch!
Hmmm.... Deja vu?

0
RetiredEngr (169)

Don,

I thought Acrobat Reader 6.0 required 2000 or higher? I know the full
version does, at least that is what the folks at Adobe told me when I
was going to upgrade.

Mike

Don Schmidt wrote:
> Why do so many individuals need to jump on someone who posts a test?
>
> A higher percentage than Ivory soap put a clear indicator in the Subject
> line it's a test message.  Seems the least educated of us all could identify
> this to make the decision to go right on by, it's a test.  But what happens
> is a deluge of messages are sent to criticize the individual who is trying
> to solve a problem. And many of the criticisms are "not on topic" (like the
> ng they're in has "and criticism" as part of the ng title.  But what is
> allowed is the use of vomit vocabulary! Certainly a conundrum.
>
> Well, this is NOT a test and just to add a bit to qualify as being on topic.
>
> Yesterday, I added a SanDisk Cruzer Mini drive.  Now I can take my Publisher
> files with me when consulting with my associates across town and other
> benefits, i.e., replace my 100mb RamDisk.  A word of caution to those with
> earlier than Windows 98SE, the Cruzer doesn't list them as being compatible.
> Now there are at least two reasons for upgrading from Windows 98 to SE.
> Cruzer is one and if you want to use Adobe Reader version 6.0 is a second.
> And the Cruzer made my 100mb RamDisk obsolete.  One more thing, 98SE needs a
> driver obtainable by downloading from the SanDisk folks.  So the folks who
> don't modem to the outside world will need a friend who does. I suppose the
> SanDisk folks would respond to a request for the drivers via floppy/CD.

0
wordwiz (948)
11/8/2003 5:00:29 PM
"Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngr@BabyBell.fake_address> wrote in message
> Why do so many individuals need to jump on someone who posts a test?

I assume that was aimed at me and my response to the last test post? My
apologies then!

A cancel request has been sent out in hopes of keeping it from the eyes of
those who had not seen it in hopes they too will not be offended. :P

Dave

0
ddahle (10)
11/8/2003 7:59:53 PM
Mike,

When you go to the Adobe site and put in the information to download the
Reader if you enter Windows 98 it will give you version 5 but if you enter
98SE it defaults to version 6. I'm running 98SE and 6 is what came down.
When I told their site I had 98 it was going to give me version 5.

Don

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> Don,
>
> I thought Acrobat Reader 6.0 required 2000 or higher? I know the full
> version does, at least that is what the folks at Adobe told me when I
> was going to upgrade.
>
> Mike
>
> Don Schmidt wrote:
> > Why do so many individuals need to jump on someone who posts a test?
> >
> > A higher percentage than Ivory soap put a clear indicator in the Subject
> > line it's a test message.  Seems the least educated of us all could
identify
> > this to make the decision to go right on by, it's a test.  But what
happens
> > is a deluge of messages are sent to criticize the individual who is
trying
> > to solve a problem. And many of the criticisms are "not on topic" (like
the
> > ng they're in has "and criticism" as part of the ng title.  But what is
> > allowed is the use of vomit vocabulary! Certainly a conundrum.
> >
> > Well, this is NOT a test and just to add a bit to qualify as being on
topic.

> > Yesterday, I added a SanDisk Cruzer Mini drive.  Now I can take my
Publisher
> > files with me when consulting with my associates across town and other
> > benefits, i.e., replace my 100mb RamDisk.  A word of caution to those
with
> > earlier than Windows 98SE, the Cruzer doesn't list them as being
compatible.
> > Now there are at least two reasons for upgrading from Windows 98 to SE.
> > Cruzer is one and if you want to use Adobe Reader version 6.0 is a
second.
> > And the Cruzer made my 100mb RamDisk obsolete.  One more thing, 98SE
needs a
> > driver obtainable by downloading from the SanDisk folks.  So the folks
who
> > don't modem to the outside world will need a friend who does. I suppose
the
> > SanDisk folks would respond to a request for the drivers via floppy/CD.

0
RetiredEngr (169)
11/8/2003 10:32:03 PM
Don't get paranoid on me Dave. The criticism happens all the time. It just
seems strange to me. The cake getter is when someone complains about a
particular individual who offends in some way in all of his/hers messages.
Why the complainer doesn't just use the "Block Sender" options is a mystery
to me.  It's a strange world.

Take care,

--

"Dave Dahle" <ddahle@iw.dtg.net> wrote in message
> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngr@BabyBell.fake_address> wrote in message
> > Why do so many individuals need to jump on someone who posts a test?
>
> I assume that was aimed at me and my response to the last test post? My
> apologies then!
>
> A cancel request has been sent out in hopes of keeping it from the eyes of
> those who had not seen it in hopes they too will not be offended. :P
>
> Dave

0
RetiredEngr (169)
11/9/2003 4:29:27 AM
Hi Don Schmidt (RetiredEngr@BabyBell.fake_address),
in the Microsoft� newsgroups
you posted:

|| Why do so many individuals need to jump on someone who posts a test?

Nothing better to do? Net-Police? Get their rocks off? ;-)

--
Brian Kvalheim
Microsoft Office Publisher MVP

confers no rights.

0
publisher (1245)

ANOVA procedures and t-test equal variance
In looking through Excel I see that it has both the ANOVA procedure and a t-test with equal variances and a t-test for unequal variances. One of the assumptions that is made in both the "standard t test" and ANOVA is that the variances are equal. Yet, Excel seems to have no test for homoscedasicity (oh what a cool word). How do you know these procedures are ok to use if you have not checked the assumption of equal variances? Noosa - > In looking through Excel I see that it has both the ANOVA procedure and a > t-test with equal variances and a t-test for unequal vari...

test of wizard
-- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f61980a5-9a9d-4399-8044-95f7dc1810...

Hit testing
I'm trying to implement client area hit testing in a MDI application. In my document, I have a list of graphic objects (e.g. polygons) that are displayed in the view. The list can get pretty long, so the hit test algorithm needs to be fairly efficient. My first attempt at this was to add HitTest(CPoint) function to the graphic object class. In this function I created a Region and then tested it. Something like... int CPolygon::HitTest(CPoint Point) { CRgn Rgn; Rgn.CreatePolygonRgn(PointList.GetData(), PointList.GetSize(), WINDING); if (Rgn.PtInRegion(Point)) ...

ignore -- testing
Haven't seen a posting in several NGs since 6/25. Just curious if GG is updating these NGs. I'm using the "old" user interface. Can't find these NGs using the new GG "experience". just testing "joeu2004" <joeu2004@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:812e733c-2d95-4174-8a3d-d08ecc672145@e17g2000prj.googlegroups.com... Haven't seen a posting in several NGs since 6/25. Just curious if GG is updating these NGs. I'm using the "old" user interface. Can't find these NGs using the new GG "experience". testing a...

Moving Gmail Acct to Outlook? Passes Test but won't work Why/Fix?
I have followed the directions on the gmail page on moving my acct to outlook. It passes the test and yet does not work. What gives? How do I fix? Is this some weirdness between google and microsoft. Any suggestions? Help! Could you be a little more specific? What doesn't work? Does it send? Doesn't receive? Do you get any error messages? What version of Outlook? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct r...

Tests?
Why do so many individuals need to jump on someone who posts a test? A higher percentage than Ivory soap put a clear indicator in the Subject line it's a test message. Seems the least educated of us all could identify this to make the decision to go right on by, it's a test. But what happens is a deluge of messages are sent to criticize the individual who is trying to solve a problem. And many of the criticisms are "not on topic" (like the ng they're in has "and criticism" as part of the ng title. But what is allowed is the use of vomit vocabulary! Certainly...

Testing an Exchange backup
Hello everyone I have been backing up my Exchange database (SBS 2003) using an online backup with the NTBackup utility, and everything appears to be working fine: backup files created in the right place at the right time, and a log file saying that the backup was successful. However, I would like to make sure that the backup has worked by using it to restore data. My problem is I want to be absolutely sure that if everything goes wrong and I can't restore, that I won't lose any data. I wonder whether the following plan would work? 1. Dismount my databases. 2. Rename my priv1.e...

development/test server
Hi Can we development/test server with its own database ..and at the same time have a production server with its database which host the real data... Also is it possible to export customisation to the production server from development/test server..will there be any kind of conflicts i have to keep in mind... please help.. Thanks I setup a CRM test envionment using the Adventure Works Cycle database. This is where we made all customizations, which were somewhat extensive. When I exported the customizations from the test environment and imported them to our production server e...

Test
Sorry for wasting bandwidth here... think I'm having problems sending to the forums. We'll see if this gets through -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ============================ ...

Now to unhide columns ... and test for upper/lower case
I've got two more questions ... Having the routine to open the rows, I need to apply that to opening the required columns. I assume that the columns are referred to numerically, rather than alphabetically? When I run the routine, the first part runs fine (opening rows), but the second part generates the error message : Run-time error '1004': Application-defined or object-defined error (This occurred with the two routines below combined as one) Seperating them ( as pasted here ) and running it on its' own gives the error message: 400 Any ...

test message
This is a test to see what email is registered with my account. Thanks, ------=_NextPart_0001_5C4BECA8 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning Nick, Sorry for the delay, but I have been asked to have you try creating another new test thread. Thank you in advance. Todd Berger Microsoft Online Support Engineer Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security ============================================= When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ===================...

test

Excel Mous Test?
What's the best course to study for Excel 2003 Expert Mous test? When I studied for the test I started in the File menu. When I knew what everything in that menu did and what all the options were in the dialog boxes I moved on to the Edit menu. I continued this with every menu. When I took the test I didn't miss any questions and I'm not that good at taking tests. : ) Good luck!! "cisco7970" wrote: > What's the best course to study for Excel 2003 Expert Mous test? Microsoft Learning offers a number of options: the "Microsoft Office 2003 Inside Out...

only test

Reset Answer Field in Test Database
I created a Q&A Test database (100 questions)...I would like to reset the answer field (StAnsr) and leave the remaining fields undisturbed. Below is the code that I am using: Dim REC As Recordset Dim RemString, workingdata As String Dim DBS As Database Dim Zero As String Set DBS = CurrentDb() Zero = " " RemString = "Select [TstTkr2007tbl].[StAnsr] From [TstTkr2007tbl] WHERE ([TstTkr2007tbl].[StAnsr] = " * ") " Set REC = DBS.OpenRecordset(RemString) RemString = Zero While (Not (REC.EOF)) REC.MoveNext Wend REC.Close DBS.Close Any h...

How to Test a Relay
My Exchange Server is set to not relay except for authenticated users. I am having a problem with a phantom person relaying through my server and believe that he has stolen or guessed a username and password. I am making some changes to prevent this, but want to test. How does one send an email to a server along with credentials (username and password) for the server? Thanks for the help. -- Dr. Doug Pruiett Good News Jail & Prison Ministry www.goodnewsjail.org On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 13:54:01 -0700, Chaplain Doug <ChaplainDoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: &g...

test #4
test ...

test
fyi ...

Test

Test message 1
"Catherine Lane" <girllane2@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:49e71c3e$0$4046$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au... Wrong newsgroup for test messages. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Create a test environment
Hi, I need to create a test environment, as soon as possible, ideal would be replicating the production environment. I've a windows server 2003 domain, w2k3 SP 2 with Active Directory. I'm thinking about create a VMware, maybe using physical 2 virtual, duplicating the domain controller and changing the server name and the domain name, what do you think? Could it be possible? I'm not totally sure about that, because I think you cannot rename a domain controller... Any ideas will be welcome! Thank you in advance. Hello Juan, See the following articles about creati...

test test test
t test test test test test test test test test test test test begin 666 testtt.txt M=&5S="!A='1A8VAE;71N+B!F=6QL('-O<"X-"@T*;F5W;&EN92!A='1A8VAE ` end ...

Test Test
Sorry, to bother.... Please don't test in this newsgroup.... "Russell C. Mangel" <russell@tymer.net> wrote in message news:JZJSeiYRDHA.1848@Tabitha.tymer.cat... Sorry, to bother.... ...

Test #5
sorry this is a test -- grs ...

How to Create a CRM Test Environment on SBS 2003?
John, some while back (3/28/05), you replied to a post about how to setup a test environment, and you indicated that it could be accomplished using SBS 2003. I would also like to learn how to create a "test environment" whether it be Adventure Works Cyle, or a test copy of my current Production CRM... Could you please provide a little more explanation regarding how this can be done, using just the one SBS 2003 box? Basically, I'm looking for a high-level / conceptual step-by-step to making this happen. Thanks much, Boolean1 Boolean1@comcast.net ======================= ...