Templates not working

I have win XP Pro and Office XP.  I have applied an administrative install
update to apply SP1 for office (see instructions:
http://pages.sbcglobal.net/raew/xp/offxp.htm).

This has not fixed my problem.

When I open publisher (or Powerpoint for that matter) and select a template
to use, it will load but all color items will not.  If I view it in the
"print preview" it is all there, and if I print it, it will show the proper
template, but in my working area, only the placeholders show up.  I have
publisher set to show photos.  SO... I can not resize, move, see, change
color schemes because I can not see the actual full template.

Any thoughts???

jeff

0
waalkman (2)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Jeff W <waalkman@myrealbox.com>...
> When I open publisher (or Powerpoint for that matter) and select a
> template to use, it will load but all color items will not.  If I
> view it in the "print preview" it is all there, and if I print it, it
> will show the proper template, but in my working area, only the
> placeholders show up.  I have publisher set to show photos.  SO... I
> can not resize, move, see, change color schemes because I can not see
> the actual full template.

Try updating your graphics driver, and updating Office to SP2

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
8/19/2003 11:46:21 AM
No luck - I updated the graphics driver - still same problem.
Any more thoughts???

jeff
> After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
> from Jeff W <waalkman@myrealbox.com>...
> > When I open publisher (or Powerpoint for that matter) and select a
> > template to use, it will load but all color items will not.  If I
> > view it in the "print preview" it is all there, and if I print it, it
> > will show the proper template, but in my working area, only the
> > placeholders show up.  I have publisher set to show photos.  SO... I
> > can not resize, move, see, change color schemes because I can not see
> > the actual full template.
>
> Try updating your graphics driver, and updating Office to SP2
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
waalkman (2)
8/20/2003 4:19:45 PM
Jeff while the video driver may not have fixed the problem, it is still a
video driver, video settings or video card issue.  This is not a problem of
Publisher or PowerPoint

0
donotknock (1942)

Print template on a 42 cm * 28 cm paper
I would like to print a template on a big size paper 42 cm * 28 cm with my printer (manual tray), so that the template fits the size of that paper. It appears much to small now when I print it, I would like the size of the template to adjust to the size of the page. Thank you. ...

Automating data copying between work sheets
Hi all This is my first post on these forums and I'm sorry if there's an obvious answer but I've trawled the help searches and the closest I've come to a solution is the 'paste special' facility mentioned in a previous post on this forum. The problem is a spreadsheet set up for petty cash entries. Sheet 1 is an overall record of expenditure. Each team member has their own worksheet. What we want to do is to make excel automatically take data entered for each specific team member, and copy it to their respective worksheet. The data to be copied is all in the same...

Is there a template to create a template?
Just wondering! Mike Mike Koewler wrote: > Just wondering! > > Mike Oh Mike, hahaha there is a macro to make a cake, I think Ed had it... You don't use a macro to make a cake. First you need a box of scratch............. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Steve in NC" <dtp2webSPAM@netscape.net> wrote in message news:HA1Rg.1220$o71.814@newsread3.news.pas.earthlink.net... > Mike Koewler wrote: >> Just wondering! >> >> Mike > > Oh Mike, hahaha > > there is a macro to make a cake, I think Ed had it... > I ...

Recent Items List not working
I have 15 items in my Recent Items list that never change. I create new word, notepad, etc, documents & letters and they do not show up in Recent items although all sorts of other stuff shows up there??? 1) Case 1. Easy: Try rightclick on taskbar-->Properties-->StartMenu. I assume you're switched into Classic Startmenu style? So look at bottom of that dialog screen, it says "privacy". MAKE SURE "STORE & DISPLAY A LIST OF RECENTLY OPENED FILES OR PROGRAMS" checkboxes are checked! Because if accidentlaly it's not enabled, Vista will ...

calendar templates
I imported a calendar which I want to change every month but keep the same text for each day of the week. When I changed the margins to make the calendar wider I cannot get back into the calendar portion to make the changes for the month and move the dates over accordingly. Can I change the margins or create a new template on my own and make it work. If so, how do I go about doing this. Publisher 2007 is what I am now using Thank you What template? From the Office site? Changing the margins shouldn't affect the way you input your data. Have you applied a border...

COleDropTarget not working in Vista
Hello all, I am trying to port an MFC application to Vista but I am encountering an issue with COleDropTarget. I need to configure a page of a property sheet as a drop target. In Windows XP, the code (see snippet below) works as expected but in Vista, despite the fact that the call to Register(this) succeeds, the OnDragEnter, OnDragOver, OnDrop members of my COleDropTarget-derived class are never called when I drop a file from the explorer to my page. Do you have an idea what might be wrong? Did something change between Windows XP and Vista about the way the shell drag and drop works?...

Publisher text wrapping no longer works.
I used to have no problem putting pictures in my document and could have the text wrap around it. Now no matter what I do the text will not wrap...the picture just sits on top. Can you help? Do you have a border around the publication? If you do send it to the back and try the wrap again. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "cgraham@ompc" <cgraham@ompc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C16142B-417E-4227-B688-0974B67F4CB7@microsoft.com... >I used to have no problem putting pictures in my document and could have the > text wrap around it. Now no ma...

hyperlink does not work
I am sending an e-newsletter as a message, which works fine. But when I click on the hyperlink to my web site, my computer gets hung up and never connects to my web site. I know my web site works!! What am I doing wrong? Thanks a lot. Are you using the full link?... http://www.yourwebname.com ? "Stamper" <Stamper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0BBD2410-C4DD-4FF7-86D6-078D32CB11E7@microsoft.com... >I am sending an e-newsletter as a message, which works fine. But when I > click on the hyperlink to my web site, my computer gets hung up and nev...

How to modify templates and keep them templates
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Is there an easy way to edit a template and resave it as a template without having to rename it or remember the exact name it had. I keep getting multiple versions of the same template each time I change it. You can open the template file using the File>Open menu. That way, Word will open the file as a template (as opposed to a new document based on that template), and when you save any modifications you have made, they will be saved to the template file itself. By the way, Word 2008 stores templates in ~/Library...

I m looking for design templates for the oil field
I need templates for valves pipe turns andohter related hardware try http://www.flair-infomatics.co.uk/downloads.htm John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm "jc" <jc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:24A9F42D-391C-445A-BB45-5A9790597706@microsoft.com... >I need templates for valves pipe turns andohter related hardware ...

I need a DVD case template
I am after templates for DVD cases not CD/DVD cases - any suggestions? Might modify one of these http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/results.aspx?qu=dvd&sc=4&av=ZPB Try Neato or Avery for templates. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Helpee" <Helpee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D09FCCDF-4C85-4CFA-AA5B-D87184C54A87@microsoft.com... >I am after templates for DVD cases not CD/DVD cases - any suggestions? ...

How do I insert a line into a footer? Enter doesn't work.
I'm trying to insert a line into my footer, as when I add an extra line underneath the first bit, it doesn't go into line with the left and right sided footers...eg. Form details v1.0 Effective Date Reference data Unfortunately I cannot make the footer look like this (as above). I've tried inserting a return before v1.0, but for some reason it won't insert a line. Any suggestions? Thankyou in advance for your help. Kind Regards If you try the Custom Foot...

template for deleting columns.....
I'm trying automate the process of deleting about 70 columns from a spreadsheet...I need to find out how this can be done (I'm assuming I need to run some program to do this).....the columns I need to delete will always be the same and to do this manually is killing me...any ideas? Thanks, Jeff Try recording a macro when you select some columns and delete them. You'll see the code that works for you. If you're anything like me, you may want to hide the columns instead of deleting them (just another option). If you're new to macros, you may want to read David McRitc...

Getting find/replace and hyperlinks to work in a locked form?
I have created a Word document and turned it into a locked form. However, when the form is locked, the find/replace and hyperlink functions are disabled. Is there any way of enabling these in a locked form? I am not sure why you would need find and replace in a protected form. Protected forms are intended for data gathering, not for documents that require free editing. If you want free editing, then you should consider other methods of gathering the user information such as userforms. For the basics, see Word MVP FAQ - Userforms http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms.htm for a...

xcell template
i am trying to create a speadsheet that adds up all the xl or m or small in the t shirt collum then give me the total number for that coolum. i.e t/shirt sweat shirt coat xl m xl m xl xl m s m s s s total tshirt xl=1 sweat shirt xl=1 coat xl=2 m=2 m=1 m=1 s=1 s=2 ...

Quote template
Does anyone have a form I can use to get a quote from a contractor for a job? In Excess 2000 there used to be numerous templates. They are no longer easily accessible in XP. Please send answer to kitylove2@aol.com Thank you http://office.microsoft.com/templates you should be able to find a template to meet your needs here. -- Paul Ballou MVP Office http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/default.aspx http://office.microsoft.com/templates http://office.microsoft.com/home Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't control. "Kitylove2" <Kit...

Small Book Template
I am looking for a Publisher template for a paperback size book (any size will do though). I'm looking for a template that has all the necessary formatting to send to a printer as well as the necessary pages in the front and back. Thanks in advance. Dianne Siebold Dianne, Check with your printer first. You may find they don't use Publisher. I love the program myself but I've learned that the publishing world isn't as enamored as I am. -- JoAnn Two things are aesthetically perfect in the world - the clock and the cat. --Emile-August Chartier "...

Protecting is NOT working right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If you have a protected sheet in a workbook, A, and you CUT out some of the unprotected cells from A and paste them in another workbook - then the "protected" cells in A changes !!!!!!!!! Sample: Insert some dates in column A. Insert formula in column B to extract the dayname from the date in column A. Unprotect column A and protect the sheet. Save the workbook CUT out some cells in column A and insert thenm in new workbook B and save B Look at the formulas in column B in workbook A - they have changed !!!!!!!!!!!!! It's a fatal ERROR I think ! How can t...

Match Duplicate Accounts doesn't work?
I just recently upgarded my Money 2004 to 2006 Deluxe. To take advantage of new features, I started setting up the online services for my checking account. I was able to have Money establish a connection w/ my bank and login w/ my supplied username and password. Then I got to the part where Money asks "Are you already keeping track of any of these accounts ..." - Yes - No - I'm not sure So, I select Yes because I have indeed already set up that account (and have many years worth of data in it!). Then I click thex Next buton whic...

adding subject line to e-mail template
I have depts in my company who weekly send me a spreadsheet of companys to receive a standard e-mail sent using Outlook 98. I created a DOT file in Word for the e- mail body. I set the mail format to Word and the template to the DOT file. Since the subject is the same for each e- mail, is there a way to add the subject line to the template? ...

Template help Window
OK this sounds odd but how do I keep the template help window from appearing when I open my template? Thanks in advance, Barry ...

template?
I have several word doc. pages that I would like to convert into email templates that I can send to various contacts as needed. The docs. have graphics etc. already. Is there a way to drop them into an email message and keep them as a template? -- Trying to get ahead Outlook and Word versions?=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "G...

delete template
when I open word an old text comes up everytime like a template, I have tried to delete, I have tried to find normal.dot file to delete when I am in word it won't let me delete because file is open this is driving me crazy please help See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Sat, 10 Apr 2010 13:34:01 -0700, maw <maw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when I open wor...

will ribbon work for Office 2010
I just installed office 2010 and would like to use the Ribbon training aid. Is that possible yet? ...

Using Publisher Templates
I need to create different templates that will be used interchangeably. i.e., I may need page one of my document to be Template 1, page two of the document to be Template 2. How can I import both templates into the same document? Copy and paste the items you want from one into the other. Save the resulting file as a template. -- JoAnn Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on your computer. --Bruce Graham "CR" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d85201c3ef46$33bb2dc0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I need to create di...