Task pane in Publisher 2007

Running Vista Home Premium. Is it possible to disable the task pane on the
left side of the Publisher screen so it's not there when I start up the
program? I had the ability to turn it off in the 2003 version.

0
CMC (9)

No, however the task pane is a tear-off. You can minimize it to small and drag
it to a less obtrusive place. Publisher remembers this the next time you open
it.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"CMC" <CMC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Running Vista Home Premium. Is it possible to disable the task pane on the
> left side of the Publisher screen so it's not there when I start up the
> program? I had the ability to turn it off in the 2003 version.

0
mary.sauer (2018)

2003 vs 2007 Chart problem
When using Excel 2003 I asked this question: "I have a sheet with 2 charts which get their data from some calculated cells that I'd really like to hide, but when I hide them, the chart dissappears. Even making the columns 0 width does this" ....and this was the answer that worked for me: "You need to change the properties of the chart object. Hold the SHIFT key whilst selecting the chart. This should give you a set of white square handles. Press <CTRL+1> to bring up the format dialog. On the Properties dialog select the option Do not move & size with cells. Now ...

I am having problems with line spacing in Publisher.
I am having a problem with Publisher 2003 and the spacing of the last lines of paragraphs. I am using a catalogue template to produce a "facebook" of people and information about them. At every last paragraph line, there is about 1/3 to 1/2 of an extra line's worth of space. The rest of the paragraph is fine; only the last line does this. I have tried, in the "Style and Formatting" box, checking the "Widow and Orphan Control" item, as well as the "Keep lines together" item. It doesn't seem to work. The style that I am using is "Accent ...

Microsoft Publisher always printing in mirror
Everytime I print from Publisher 2003, it prints as a mirror image. The setting is set to "off" in the advanced settings tab. All other Office products print correctly. I have all latest updates and printer drivers loaded. Any ideas? This is usually a function of your printer. Look at the printer setup to see if you have mirrored printouts enabled. It could be a t-shirt setting on some printers. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "mmatthews60" <mmatthews60@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FAC3F89-2951-4DCD-88F6-48CB6BF29FCE@microsoft....

Publisher 95 Help!
Just got my computer redone and we wiped out everything from Windows ME and went to Windows XP Professional. Had an old version of Publisher that was working fine with the ME. Now that we got the xp i installed the Publisher 95 and tryed to retrieve the old files i created (copied on cd-disk before the switch) from the CD and it is telling me "Publisher can not load files from a different version" Can anyone help? How many files are you talking about? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C67E...

How to edit a post in outlook 2007?
I used to create a post with Ctrl,Shift,S, and then I can edit it any time I like. After upgarding to 2007, I found post can be created, but can only be editted when creating it. When trying to add something new in my old post, I can only select but edit. Is this a new feature of OL 2007. If so, is there is any option I can configure to disable this? Open the Post then click on Other Actions then Revise Contents. -- Bill R MVP "Shawn" <Shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C2C3D961-EF14-4685-9204-143978166A0A@microsoft.com... >I used to create a p...

Freezing Panes and the bottom of screen
I know you can freeze panes for columns to the left and rows at the top. What I want is to freeze panes at the bottom of the screen. I have a series of values that need totaling in the middle of the screen and the totals at the bottom. I am now out of space and want to move the total further down the sheet (i.e the row 200). I need the totals to be visible at all times and be able to scroll up and down to see the values that are being totaled. The obvious solution is to move the totals to the top and freeze the panes as normal, but this is quite inconvenient because when I go to prin...

How to Assign a PreferredSystemUserID as Task Owner during Workflo
We have a business process for Accounts, which involves completion of certain activities. We use a workflow rule to stream-line creation of 'task' activities assigned to certain users to follow through on certain steps in the process. We are using the preferred user (preferredsystemuserid) to represent the user assigned as the client service rep for the Account. We then apply a workflow rule to build various activities, one of which is a task that needs to be assigned to the client service rep assigned to the Account (as noted in the preferred user attribute). How do you...

Publisher & front page extension
I've read several posts and David Bartosik's MVP info but am still getting nowhere with the submit form. I verified that vti_inf.html is in my server in the public html folder. It is version 5 and I'm using Publisher 2003. Is this a matching version??? Because Pub 03 puts all the files in a seperate folder when I "publish to web" except the index file, I even copied the fp file to my index files folder on the server. I still get a "page not found" when I hit submit. All the rest of my web site works fine except for the form. HELP ME. I've almost pul...

Tag Pane
I use tags a lot and like to keep the tag pane open on the left (OneNote 2010 Beta). But every darn time you close the program OneNote takes it upon itself to forget your settings and the next time you open it the tag pane is gone again. Does anyone know of any fixes or add-ons to address this? Thank You One other thing. The moment you click on any page the fricken ribbon disappears. Please tell me that is a bug and is not normal! OK, figured out how to keep the ribbon from disappearing, the first question still remains. Thanks. ...

Search Problems with Outlook 2007
I have been using Outlook 2007 for the last 2 months with no problems except that lately my "search" is not working correctly. I have emails going back to 1999 in the Inbox, and for some reason, when I try to search my old messages (using email address, subject or text within the message), Outlook never finds anything, eventhough I can find them MANUALLY if I scroll up and down. With about 6,000 messages in my Inbox, this is horrible and time-wasting. I have tried changin the search options (this is the little Search Inbox) but to no avail! How can this be fixed that inside ...

how do I do uneven colums in Publisher?
I want to know how to do uneven colums in Publisher. In my text box, there is two colums, i want one to be bigger than ther other. Thank you sooo much If you mean bigger, then you will have to create two text boxes, link them. You can go from one text box to the top of the next, ctrl+shift+enter If you mean longer, ctrl+shift+enter will get you to the top of the next column. -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "chante" <chante@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60295BC5-3264-4AE6-A146-8C7BE6B8B478@microsoft.com... >I want to know how...

Publisher Cannot Complete the Operation
I've been struggling with this msg for some time now. When clicking on File > Send E-Mail > Send an message, the following error occurs. "Publisher cannot complete the operation". I am using Office 2K7 and Win 2K7 (x64). The first time this was tried was after having Office 2K3 installed and then upgraded to 2K7. Uninstalled and reinstalled multiple time and deleting the installed files aswell. Just purchased Full version on 2K7 and the same error happens. Registry has been cleaned aswell. Outlook is set as the default program. Any thoughts, I don't ...

Word 2007 Formatting Issue
Is there some way to turn off the automatic indent for numbered lists permanently so that numbered lists are always flush left? Also, is there some way to disable the extra line spacing at the end of paragraphs so that when one hits return+return, there is only a double space? Having to tell Word each time to remove the line spacing after each paragraph is, at the very least, annoying and time consuming, so if there's a way to fix it permanently, I'd appreciate knowing how. Thanks! You should not be pressing Enter twice. That's what the spacing after the paragrap...

Publisher 2003 does not show all fonts
Greetings All, I have a problem that I think is related to the "Font Schemes" of MS Publisher 2003. The facts: Have MS publisher 2003 installed. Have many, mnay truetype fonts installed on the system All my truetype fonts show up in fonts list under MS Word, Excel, etc. I have a web site that I created using one of the MS Publisher templates. The problem: When I open the web site that I created (opne the .pub file) to edit it, only a few fonts show up in the drop-down list. I think the Font Scheme of the templat ethat I chose is limiting the fonts that are displayed, but fo...

How do I change the viewing pane size?
Somehow my monitor pane is very large and I cannot see all the entire screen. How can I change the size back to normal? I amusing MS 2003 Thanks. It's not a Word problem. It sounds as though you have changed the display properties (in Windows) so that the desktop size is larger than the screen available. You need to reset your display settings and how depends on which version of Windows you are using. You should also ask this in the appropriate Windows Newsgroup. -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "trebor" <trebor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Exchange 2007 #3
Hi; I don't know if this form addresses questions about Exchange 2007. If not, would you have a url that does? My questions: - Would E07 native messaging infrastructure with Outlook 07 require WINS? - Would E07 Coexistence messaging infrastructure with Outlook 07 and other versions require WINS? - E07 doesn't use Link State for message routing. What does it use instead and how it works? Thanks There are folks here (myself included) that have been working with Exchange 2007, so feel free to ask here. There are some online forums as well. http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/d...

Sync my outlook 2007 main calendar with a shared calendar on WSS 3.0
Does anyone know of a way that allow you to sync your main outlook 2007 calendar with a shared WSS 3.0 calendar? I've just setup my Windows HomeServer and install WSS 3.0 on it to run as a family extranet where my family can share information with each other while on the move. And one of things I am currently trying to do is have a single family calendar the family that everyone can sync their calendars to so we can all see what each other are doing. I've managed to get Outlook to sync with a calendar on WSS 3.0 in a 2 way fashion however if you want the family to see when you ...

Updated KB: Error message when you print a publication that contains one or more text boxes with border art in Publisher 2003
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];840343#appliesto -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. ...

Workflow Routing in Outlook 2007
Since work flow email routing has been discontinued in Outlook 2007 what are the alternative for users who are used to that functionality? ...

Insert Column 2007
aHello I have recently installed Access 2007. When I'm in the Design View of any query the icon to Insert Column is greyed out and unavailable. I have closed the query, the datebase and restarted the PC, Access and checked different queries, different databases and the problem persists. Any ideas? Judith Try to mark a column & Hit Insert Pieter "JudithJubilee" <JudithJubilee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7A44F079-25D2-4B1A-9AD2-89F76BEDCD30@microsoft.com... > aHello > > I have recently installed Access 2007. When I'm in the Desi...

in office 2007 we cannto logon exchange mail box
i installed office 2007 then arrnage mail account , when i configure exchange box officce said that message.0x80040011d when i see in network connection gatway not avaliable because dhcp automaticly share when i configure manullay no problem. how can solve thanx Twety <ak@yahoo.com> wrote: > i installed office 2007 then arrnage mail account , when i > configure exchange box officce said that message.0x80040011d Is your mailbox store mounted? Can you open this mailbox in OWA? > > when i see in network connection gatway not avaliable because dhcp > aut...

Publisher 2003/Seperations
Sorry if this is a duplicate (first posting did not appear)... I have just upgraded to Pub 2003 (w/Office 2003). After finishing a 16-page newsletter (2-color (spot color)) I discovered that Pub 2003 won't print seperations unless you have a postscript2 printer! All previous versions of Publisher printed seperations with no problems on any printer I chose. Checked MS Knowledge Base and found article # 825781 which addresses this problem (due to CMYK being selected in the printer advanced print settings window)but the resolution does not work (this option was not selected on my ...

Office 2007 Colors Scheme
I use XP's Silver scheme. Why do some Office 2007 apps use a BLUE color scheme while others like (Publisher) use the right scheme (XP Silver). It looks horrible and contrasts with everything. Why the disparity?!!! -- -C. Moya www.cmoya.com Hi C., For the 2007 Office System, Word, Excel, Powerpoint, parts of Outlook and MS Access received the new 'Ribboned' interface. Those apps use the 2007 Office theme for the Ribbon element and for their 'old style' dialog boxes, they pickup the Windows color settings. For the apps that stayed with the 'traditional' men...

How do I open the catalog in Publisher w/o closing & reopening pro
I know that when you open Publisher the catalog automatically opens. But once you're done and close it to finish the product, how do you reopen the catalog without closing and reopening publisher? jerms96 wrote: > I know that when you open Publisher the catalog automatically opens. But > once you're done and close it to finish the product, how do you reopen the > catalog without closing and reopening publisher? File > New. The Catalog task pane will appear Select a category, and the full Catalog will appear. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps....

options/tasks OUTLOOK 2007 not working
Example, insert picture option cloeded as if trial period over unable to use many in all office 2007 programs. Was fine for a couple days and then this. Test driving new 2007 version for my office - pretty sure I may have done something customizing. JAS Are you using HTML or RTF message format? Some of the options are only available in specific formats. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a ...