Tag and Structure info in Publisher 2003 for PDF conversion

Hello All,

I wish to have my Publisher 2003 files structure show up after I convert
them to PDF. It with Word 2003; that is, once I convert a Word doc to PDF the
bookmarks are automatically carried over into the PDF doc, making for easy
page navigation. Presently, I have to manually create my PDF bookmarks. That
is a drag.

There should be a way since Publisher preserves the Styles and Formatting
when I import a Word doc into Publisher.

Any ideas on this.

Thanks in advance for your support.
0
Alcide (52)

Publisher is strictly a page layout application, it will print to the PDF printer
just as it is laid out. Notice that Acrobat is not available in Publisher on the
toolbar whereas it is in Word. Stick to Word, obviously it is performing correctly.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello All,
>
> I wish to have my Publisher 2003 files structure show up after I convert
> them to PDF. It with Word 2003; that is, once I convert a Word doc to PDF the
> bookmarks are automatically carried over into the PDF doc, making for easy
> page navigation. Presently, I have to manually create my PDF bookmarks. That
> is a drag.
>
> There should be a way since Publisher preserves the Styles and Formatting
> when I import a Word doc into Publisher.
>
> Any ideas on this.
>
> Thanks in advance for your support.

0
gsauer (5094)
5/9/2005 6:46:39 PM
Thanks Mary,

Laying out pages in Word is not an option, especially since my forms are 24
inches in width. I will just have to add bookmarks manually in PDF.

InDesign and QuarkXpress have structures. I expect that Microsoft's next
version of Publisher will include structure, tag, and XML integration.

Thanks you for your assistance.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Publisher is strictly a page layout application, it will print to the PDF printer
> just as it is laid out. Notice that Acrobat is not available in Publisher on the
> toolbar whereas it is in Word. Stick to Word, obviously it is performing correctly.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "Alcide" <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello All,
> >
> > I wish to have my Publisher 2003 files structure show up after I convert
> > them to PDF. It with Word 2003; that is, once I convert a Word doc to PDF the
> > bookmarks are automatically carried over into the PDF doc, making for easy
> > page navigation. Presently, I have to manually create my PDF bookmarks. That
> > is a drag.
> >
> > There should be a way since Publisher preserves the Styles and Formatting
> > when I import a Word doc into Publisher.
> >
> > Any ideas on this.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your support.

0
Alcide (52)
5/9/2005 7:41:07 PM
Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Publisher is strictly a page layout application, it will print to the
> PDF printer just as it is laid out. Notice that Acrobat is not
> available in Publisher on the toolbar whereas it is in Word.

If you have Acrobat 7, then it is available on the toolbar in Publisher.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
5/9/2005 8:15:05 PM
Alcide <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> There should be a way since Publisher preserves the Styles and
> Formatting when I import a Word doc into Publisher.

When you print a "straight" PDF from Word (File > Print > Adobe PDF from
Word), then no bookmarking information is transferred.  The same occurs with
Publisher.

When you use the toolbar button in Word, it launches a complex process
supplied by Adobe that automagically converts bookmarks, hyperlinks, etc.
This was not available for Publisher until Acrobat 7.  Acrobat 7 will
transfer heading styles into bookmarks.  This is not always accurate, as
there does not appear to be anywhere in Publisher or Acrobat to change what
is defined as a heading style (and hence what will transfer as a bookmark)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
5/9/2005 8:20:14 PM
Thanks Ed,

I have finally found a good reason to ask my boss to upgrade me from Adobe
Acrobat 6 to 7.

Appreciate your help.

"Ed Bennett" wrote:

> Alcide <Alcide@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
> utter:
> > There should be a way since Publisher preserves the Styles and
> > Formatting when I import a Word doc into Publisher.
>
> When you print a "straight" PDF from Word (File > Print > Adobe PDF from
> Word), then no bookmarking information is transferred.  The same occurs with
> Publisher.
>
> When you use the toolbar button in Word, it launches a complex process
> supplied by Adobe that automagically converts bookmarks, hyperlinks, etc.
> This was not available for Publisher until Acrobat 7.  Acrobat 7 will
> transfer heading styles into bookmarks.  This is not always accurate, as
> there does not appear to be anywhere in Publisher or Acrobat to change what
> is defined as a heading style (and hence what will transfer as a bookmark)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
Alcide (52)
5/9/2005 9:16:09 PM
Where on the toolbar? I have Acrobat 7, it is on every toolbar of Office except
Publisher.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter:
>> Publisher is strictly a page layout application, it will print to the
>> PDF printer just as it is laid out. Notice that Acrobat is not
>> available in Publisher on the toolbar whereas it is in Word.
>
> If you have Acrobat 7, then it is available on the toolbar in Publisher.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
gsauer (5094)
5/9/2005 9:55:36 PM
Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Where on the toolbar? I have Acrobat 7, it is on every toolbar of
> Office except Publisher.

That's odd - which version of Acrobat 7 are you using?

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/pdfs/95003911_Acro7_IT_WP.pdf mentions
that only Acrobat 7 Professional installs the tools for Publisher.

(And of course only Publisher 2002 and 2003 will be supported, as older
versions had no VBA)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
5/9/2005 10:39:34 PM
I have Acrobat Pro 7 and I have it on my toolbar.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter:
>> Where on the toolbar? I have Acrobat 7, it is on every toolbar of
>> Office except Publisher.
>
> That's odd - which version of Acrobat 7 are you using?
>
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/pdfs/95003911_Acro7_IT_WP.pdf
> mentions that only Acrobat 7 Professional installs the tools for
> Publisher.
>
> (And of course only Publisher 2002 and 2003 will be supported, as older
> versions had no VBA)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
jl_amerson (3088)
5/9/2005 10:50:35 PM
How strange! My computer is in its death throes, I am assuming this is another
symptom.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Mary Sauer <gsauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> was very recently heard to utter:
>> Where on the toolbar? I have Acrobat 7, it is on every toolbar of
>> Office except Publisher.
>
> That's odd - which version of Acrobat 7 are you using?
>
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/pdfs/95003911_Acro7_IT_WP.pdf mentions that
> only Acrobat 7 Professional installs the tools for Publisher.
>
> (And of course only Publisher 2002 and 2003 will be supported, as older versions
> had no VBA)
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
gsauer (5094)

All pages of Publisher web site display in Unicode as default.
My web site in Publisher consists of a 4 page newsletter. The problem is that all pages display in the Unicode encoding format in IE, even though the default encoding is set to Western European in Publisher. Bullets display as question marks. So do spaces and apostrophes. HELP! This is caused by using an unsupported character or formatting. In Publisher under Tools > Options > Web, change encoding to Unicode UTF8. Alternatively you just remove the formatting or character, and keep the default encoding. DavidF "Terraformer" <Terraformer@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Publisher has a different printer!
Has anyone seen this where the printer queue in publisher is different from the one in word, excel etc? so in word, excel and all other apps it will be \\server\printer but in publsher \\server\printer1 Thanks in advance Cameron Poor network configuration would be the problem. -- ...

Why Print Master is not working after installing pub 2003
I'm having some serious problems with my system...after installing publisher 2003.. One problem is my printmaster doesnt work property after the 10th restore and reinstall... Please help Go to Broderbund and read their support documents. Are you getting errors? If so what do the errors say? If it is an old version of PrintMaster, try the compatibility tab in properties. http://support.broderbund.com/brands.asp?webQueue=17&ind=0&webqueuename=PrintMaster%AE -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "smilely&qu...

downloading ING CD info
Hi, I was downloading my ING info into Money fine until I opened ING CD accounts. Now every time I download, it wants me to assign the CD account numbers to an account in Money. But it asks this every time, it doesn't seem to remember. It does not do this with my savings accounts, only the CDs. Any ideas? ...

SBS 2003/CRM 3 error message
I'm setting up a test of CRM 3 to possibly switch our company over from GoldMine. I've managed to get the server setup correctly, however I hit an error message when I try run the Outlook/CRM client. Any help would be appreciated. SBS 2003 R2 for the server, running CRM 3 for Small Business Client is XP Pro SP 2, OL 2003 SP2 When I login to the domain rather than the local login for the PC I get the following messages. Error Message: Your Web browser options are currently set to disable cookies. Microsoft CRM requires cookies to use the Web client. To enable cookies, see the on...

RE: Exchange 2003 sp1
Does anyone know when exchange 2003 sp1 is going to be released? When it is ready. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "wbmcse" <wbmcse@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:BAE52071-373E-4CEF-A3AF-3498AA475BEA@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know when exchange 2003 sp1 is going to be released? ...

How do I change font case on MS Publisher?
High-light the text you want changed, Format, Font, select your preference. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Fortune Aniekan" <Fortune Aniekan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B4D88A84-66D8-40A5-8BF7-0D9B7C374137@microsoft.com... > ...

Word Publishing Layout / Master Page Tab Missing

Tagging and routing mail destined for specific domains
Due to a change in NDA's I need to be able to tag, and copy mail that is being routed to and from specific domains. I am using exchange 2003 std (sp2) on 2003 server. As an example if a user were to send an email to microsoft.com I need to add a legal disclosure footer and keep a copy of that email locally. The same would be needed on inbound mail from microsoft.com to be copied to an additional location internally. Is this something that exchange can handle or do I need to route this through a second system to get this kind of tracking, etc..? On 7 Dec 2006 15:10:57 -0800, natedizzy@...

Using Visio 2000 stencils in Visio 2003
I created a custom stencil in Visio 2000 (Visio 2000 SR1 6.1.2072)and created many drawings using it. The stencil has several unsophisticated, specially formatted callout boxes. After upgrading to Visio 2003, I found two interrelated problems. The links from the shapes to their master now seem to be broken. This is especially distressing because the text line spacing for the master shapes are now set at "0" when the stencil is opened in Visio 2003. Any ideas what I can do other than open and re-edit everything I've done in Visio 2000? ...

text to tags
I want to know if it is possible to convert plain text to XML tags using MACROS. If so pls tell me how to go abt this process. What do you want to convert them to? -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professional basis. "Sahana" <shalmalibarki.admin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:be15bd60-dad2-4a71-b89b-f2ba90fe8bbe@u36g2000prn.googlegroups.com... >I want to know if it is possible to convert plain text to XML tags > using MACROS. If so pls tell me how to go a...

Converting Word Document into Publisher
When I bring a report from word into publisher. Publishers creates a blank page every other page. I cant delete these pages. What happens when you try to delete the blank page? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Jeannette" <Jeannette@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:934B5D92-53F8-443C-95D8-6424B86026D3@microsoft.com... > When I bring a report from word into publisher. Publishers creates a > blank > page every other page. I cant delete these pages. ...

Turning an image the other way in Publisher 2010 ?
There was an easy way with 2003. Where thats gone I haven't a clue. I want to turn an image which is facing right, to facing left for example - any help ? "Phil" <plk.philk@gmail.com> wrote in message news:sVwzo.30326$MZ3.24527@newsfe29.ams2... > There was an easy way with 2003. Where thats gone I haven't a clue. > I want to turn an image which is facing right, to facing left for > example - any help ? With the resize handles showing press and hold the shift key while grabbing one corner resize handle handle with the mouse cursor. Move the mouse, righ...

Outlook 2003 over VPN #2
I am trying to get VPN access to an Exchange 2000 server, with Outlook 2003 through a cable modem running on XP Professional. Access to the VPN works, I can even set up the client and "check the name" with no problem. But, after loading Outlook 2003 I don't see any emails. Normally when I would connect a machine through the VPN (using earlier versions of outlook) I would see the users mailbox by default. Does anyone have any idea why I cannot see the mail in the exchange mail box? Are there settings, that by default, act like an account that needs to "send/reci...

3 EX 2003 Forest Identity Feature pack
We have 3 separate companies with 3 separate AD Forest in different countries, and we need to syncronize our email global address lists. 500+ 600+ 200+ contacts in each. Can this be done with MIIS and if so how can we accomplish this securely with no private connections between the companies. I am assuming we would have one Metadatabase that contained the CN and SMTPProxy address for each of the companies and filter the rest out. We do not need other directory information only CN and SMTPProxy. The other companies would need to show up as contacts in our directory or as contacts i...

TAG value problem/SET Tag value
i get an error message: method or data member not found: Assessment is a combo box and field name in which the user is storing a diagnosis test description. maybe the problem is the AFTERupdate part of the code: Private Sub Combo_assessmt_AfterUpdate() Dim db As Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Dim strSQL As String Set db = CurrentDb strSQL = "SELECT diagcode " & _ "FROM diagnosis " & _ "WHERE diagname = '" & Me!assessment & "'" Set rs = db.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenSnapshot) Me.assessment.Tag = Nz(rs!d...

Publish to the web 2007
I created a webpage, saved it and went to file/Publish to the web. And this is where my problems start. All the instructions say "In the "Save In" box....." there is NO Save In box in Publisher 2007. If theres no save in box how can I add/modify ftp locations????? So I tried another way... When I go to File/Publish to web and in the Publish to web dialog box on the bottom there is a "Tools" button. I click on that. click on Map Network Drive, follow all of those instructions step by step Drive Z... (WHATS THE FOLDER NAME SUPPOSED TO BE?). I skip the folde...

windows media player transferring media info id3 tags
I need to know how to preserve some of the media information I am inputting on my Windows Media LIbrary. When I copy the files to another computer only the basic info about the songs shows up. None of the "custom" info or the "mood" or the "keywords" are transferred. how can I avoid losing this info while still using WMP. thanks. -- clp253 Not all the info you enter is stored in tags so in the audio file. It is also dependent on the file format used, e.g. in WAV almost none of the info is stored and certainly not any edits. The only think you ...

Strip HTML tags
is there any simple mean of removing simple HTML tags(b, u, p) from a string. In Java or .Net I would do something like String text = html.replaceAll("<[^>]*>", ""); and In MFC ? I am not using &amp and this kind of tags so I need a simple solution. mosfet a �crit : > is there any simple mean of removing simple HTML tags(b, u, p) from a > string. > In Java or .Net I would do something like > String text = html.replaceAll("<[^>]*>", ""); > > and In MFC ? > > I am not using &amp and this kind of tags...

Email Source in outlook 2003?
Is there anyway to view the source of an email in outlook 2003 like you can in outlook express? Right click anywhere in the message and click View Source from the menu >-----Original Message----- >Is there anyway to view the source of an email in outlook >2003 like you can in outlook express? >. > ...

Mistakingly downloaded checking acct. info. into savings acct.!!!!
I believe this is the same if not very similar ? that "grod" (user), asked back on 6/04, of which I do not see an answer to, from any MVP, please help us, I have the same issue. -- Gio G. Depending on what type of statement, this is a problem. The easiest solution is to disable online banking and set it up again. Make sure that you have no pending payments or APays. -- "Gio Gauna" <GioGauna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BE05E811-1C1C-4A39-8DB9-D59DC5CEA1F9@microsoft.com... >I believe this is the same if not very similar ? that "gr...

send mail to exchange 2003 migration
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C459D3.325F1480 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello all, my customer has a Linux RedHat 8.0 with sendmail and openldap running on = it and i need to migrate the mailboxes to a new exchange 2003 server, = i've already installed the exchange server and everything is ready for = the mailbox migration but when i run the migration wizard and try to = extract the user list from the ldap server on the linux, it shows a = "Invalid DN syntax" ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 #6
Just wondering if anyone has installed it yet and how it went. Thanks Heith My install went flawlessly, though one BlackBerry service shut down afterward on the BES server and had to be restarted (note that if you have one.) Also, if you're on Standard version the Best Practices Analyzer Tool will not see your DB upgrade until you (manually) install the latest version of BPAT (2.5). Good luck! ~ Ralph "Microsoft" wrote: > Just wondering if anyone has installed it yet and how it went. > > > Thanks > > Heith > > > ...

Binding an Access 2003 form to an object property
Hi, I'm using a form which is bound to an disconnected ADODB recordset. The control source of my form are set to the fields names of this recordset. This works great and enables my form to receive data input from my user without saving these data to the database. My user selects an article number, and this implies that the package unit and the currency (= two of my article fields) are implicitly selected as well. Currency and package unit of my articles are defined as foreign key in other tables/recordsets. So, selecting article #47 sets currency #1 (EUR) and package unit #23 (yar...