table problems

when i try to open an attachment...my publisher freezes up with a mesage that
reads...

the table is too large for the workspace

because of a printer or style change, your table has become larger than
publisher's workspace.  to solve this problem, you can delete your table, or
remove some text from your table.

note:  publisher may have locked the table size as a resuilt of this action.
if your table does not expand to accommodate the text, click grow to fit text
on the table menu.

What are they talking about???  do i need to take the excel spreadsheet
out?? or is it soemthing else??  sorry if question enter 2x..my first time
here

i have to control alt delete because publisher locks up
0
mrf92675 (3)

I sort of answered this in Home Publishing. You are giving more information here
however.

What is the format of the attachment? Disable your printer before opening the
attachment. Set your page to landscape.
Do you have Excel or Access? Can you open the attachment in Excel?

Can you open the table in Word?

Publisher has a limit of 128 rows & columns. Is the attachment bigger than that?

In Publisher's table menu, click "grow to fit text."
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"mrf92675" <mrf92675@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> when i try to open an attachment...my publisher freezes up with a mesage that
> reads...
>
> the table is too large for the workspace
>
> because of a printer or style change, your table has become larger than
> publisher's workspace.  to solve this problem, you can delete your table, or
> remove some text from your table.
>
> note:  publisher may have locked the table size as a resuilt of this action.
> if your table does not expand to accommodate the text, click grow to fit text
> on the table menu.
>

> What are they talking about???  do i need to take the excel spreadsheet
> out?? or is it soemthing else??  sorry if question enter 2x..my first time
> here
>
> i have to control alt delete because publisher locks up

0
gsauer (5094)
7/26/2005 5:45:18 PM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I sort of answered this in Home Publishing. You are giving more information here
> however.
>
> What is the format of the attachment? Disable your printer before opening the
> attachment. Set your page to landscape.
> Do you have Excel or Access? Can you open the attachment in Excel?
>
> Can you open the table in Word?
>
> Publisher has a limit of 128 rows & columns. Is the attachment bigger than that?
>
> In Publisher's table menu, click "grow to fit text."
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "mrf92675" <mrf92675@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when i try to open an attachment...my publisher freezes up with a mesage that
> > reads...
> >
> > the table is too large for the workspace
> >
> > because of a printer or style change, your table has become larger than
> > publisher's workspace.  to solve this problem, you can delete your table, or
> > remove some text from your table.
> >
> > note:  publisher may have locked the table size as a resuilt of this action.
> > if your table does not expand to accommodate the text, click grow to fit text
> > on the table menu.
> >

> > What are they talking about???  do i need to take the excel spreadsheet
> > out?? or is it soemthing else??  sorry if question enter 2x..my first time
> > here
> >
> > i have to control alt delete because publisher locks up

0
mrf92675 (3)
7/26/2005 6:03:04 PM

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I sort of answered this in Home Publishing. You are giving more information here
> however.
>
> What is the format of the attachment? Disable your printer before opening the
> attachment. Set your page to landscape.
> Do you have Excel or Access? Can you open the attachment in Excel?
>
> Can you open the table in Word?
>
> Publisher has a limit of 128 rows & columns. Is the attachment bigger than that?
>
> In Publisher's table menu, click "grow to fit text."
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "mrf92675" <mrf92675@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > when i try to open an attachment...my publisher freezes up with a mesage that
> > reads...
> >
> > the table is too large for the workspace
> >
> > because of a printer or style change, your table has become larger than
> > publisher's workspace.  to solve this problem, you can delete your table, or
> > remove some text from your table.
> >
> > note:  publisher may have locked the table size as a resuilt of this action.
> > if your table does not expand to accommodate the text, click grow to fit text
> > on the table menu.
> >

> > What are they talking about???  do i need to take the excel spreadsheet
> > out?? or is it soemthing else??  sorry if question enter 2x..my first time
> > here
> >
> > i have to control alt delete because publisher locks up

Mary...

no luck.....i'm getting ready to shoot myself......it opens at home no
problem, but when i e-mail it to work i can't open it...

it is in publisher format when it comes to me; i can't open it in word excel
or acess...
i'm on a network printer at work so if i disable one, i will just default to
another....

when i try to open the document it looks fine but this window is in front
that locks up publissher and i can't get to the "grow to fit"...i can't do
anything...

thanks for any help; your saving a life...i don't get why it is fina at home
but not at work....it must be the way my publisher is set-up at work, but i
can't figure it out

0
mrf92675 (3)

Data table in chart?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_01A9_01C69782.28506D60 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have some line chart portraying responses to 20 items. I would like to put a table under each chart the shows the value of not = only the responses that are charted but also the percentage difference = between the two. My problem and the question is that if I use the 'data table' option in = creating the chart the row with the difference is not there. Then if I = try to paste a table under ...

Combobox for Table, From Table
Hi, The online help function tells me I cant make a combobox which finds its entries from a table and stores its entries in the same table. I want users to be able to enter areas where clients live. The combobox needs to fill the Area column in the appropriate table. But I want the combobox to be filled with previous entries from the same column, with the provision that a new entry can be made. The project is expanding thats why I need this. Or do I need to make an extra table with areas that can be filled with a separate command, which is then used as a source for the com...

Copy data from on table to another ?
I have lost a lot of data in my backend, but it is only data from a few columns, in one tabel, that I have lost. My tabel is called taCustemor, and the columns in that table is called fakFirm, fakAdress. I have use a custemornumber as a primarykey. So now I want to copy only these columns from my backup of the backend to my backend in use. I'm sure that I can do this buy using SQL, but I'm not sure how to make this querie. Can some one out there help me ? You want to use an append query. See Help file for info. In the database where you want the data to be when you're done, ...

pivot table again
i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty others are value how can i split the table into two seperate sections one showing qty and the other showing values (if that makes sense) If your quantities and values are in the same column, you'd need to use a "helper column" that differetiates them (Qty vs Amt) Then you can include that field in the pivot table before tha field containing the quantities and amounts. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP "max power" wrote: > i have a range of fields in a pivot table some are qty other...

Landscape Table on Portrait Page
Is it possible to create a landscape table on a portrait page, i.e. a page with a normal portrait header and footer? I am aware that one can change the text direction of each cell in the table to simulate a landscape table, but I would like to know if there is not an easier way. See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/LandscapeSection.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1119FBC3-2001-48C7-B02E-07D85C7F444E@mic...

There is a problem communicating with the CRM server.
I get an error when opening Outlook indicating that "There is a problem communicating with the CRM Server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator." I deleted Managed passwords. Checked xml version. It runs on IE. The user is a local admin. Firewall turned off. Any suggestions. can you open IE and connect to the CRM without being challenged for any credentials? Is the CRM server in your Trusted sites in IE? Dave "Theresa" <Theresa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Where is tables in reports
Is there anyway to get tables into reports? If there is none then is there a work around. The forms I have to make use many block cells. In word tables makes things easy. ...

I am having problems with line spacing in Publisher.
I am having a problem with Publisher 2003 and the spacing of the last lines of paragraphs. I am using a catalogue template to produce a "facebook" of people and information about them. At every last paragraph line, there is about 1/3 to 1/2 of an extra line's worth of space. The rest of the paragraph is fine; only the last line does this. I have tried, in the "Style and Formatting" box, checking the "Widow and Orphan Control" item, as well as the "Keep lines together" item. It doesn't seem to work. The style that I am using is "Accent ...

Ensuring only one commission per product in Access Table
Good afternoon, Please can someone help me. In my Access Database I have a table called tblCommission, with the fields: Commission_ID;Client_account; Product_code; Commission; Exchange (£ or $) I need a method to ensure that each client can have a commission set for every product - but that a client cant have to commission's for one product: eg: I need a method to prevent this: Comm_ID Client_account Product_code Commission Exchange 1 000001 Coke 3 $ 2 000001 Coke ...

How do you create a table with a shaded header in Word 2007 or 201
Hi.. Can anybody tell me, how you create a table, and then shade the first row in it to something like gray, then set the grid lines to gray or something, and maybe set the alignment in it to centered... This is 2007 or 2010, not 2003 in which it was possible to do so. Thanks. Select the first row of the table and then right click with the mouse and select Borders and shading. For the alignment, select and right click and select Cell alignment -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting ba...

Recreating HR tables
I've been having some problems with HR. I've had to create some tables so the program would run. I simply copied the tables from another compagnie where is was saying I had missing tables. I'm wondering if there is a list of Tables for HR and Canadian Payroll or if it were possible to recreate these missing tables another way? I currently have this error as well: Could not find stored procedure 'Compagnie.dbo.hrCompDoesHrCompExist' ...

Table Expert
When a case is resolved, there is a dropdown to select the amount of "Billable Time" for the case. I have searched tables but cannot find where this data is stored. Is there anyone that know the schema where this data is kept? Bryon, When you resolve a case, the resolution screen fields are added into the activity table as a resolution type of activity. The Billable Time value appears in the TimeSpent field. (While building my auditing application, VAST, I've had to become much more of a CRM schema expert that I ever wanted to be - by the way, you can see these reso...

Pivot table subtotals 100% #2
This is what I am aiming for but how can I get 100% in subtotals for first year and the increase %age for the second and subsequent year please 2002 2003 Apples excellent 15 22.72% 16 24.23% good 21 31.82% 25 37.88% poor 30 46.46% 39 60.39% 66 100% 80 122.5% Greens excellent 12 17.65% 37 54.42% good 27 39.70% 51 74.98% poor 29 42.65% 47 69.12% ...

Exchange contact sync problems.
I have a problem with contact synconizations under Ex2003. We bought a (3rd party) modul for sync'ing contact between Axapta and Exchange. Only problem is, the address data is synced wrong and the company that sold us the modul, claims that the problem lies in our Exchange installation sins the module runs fine on other installations they've done. Fx: converting from Ax to Ex Zipcode is converted into the "provins" field cityname is converted into both city and zipcode field The other way zip -> cityname cityname just disapear The Ex2003 installation is a migration off...

Table info
In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which table i can find this information. Great Plains 7.5 Thanks in advance Deepwater, PM00300 holds all the address information for each address ID. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "Deepwater" <Deepwater@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F9296B22-2B44-4D64-9E3C-DC5FE4B07028@microsoft.com... > In Vendor Maintenance window , there are multiple Address ID's. In which > table i can find this...

Extender tables #2
Hello! We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are there any available SDK's for Extender or maybe any table lists? Thanks, Andi Saldana There are but I think only partners can get them. Please send me a message and I'll send you what I have. "Andi Saldana" wrote: > Hello! > > We are implementing an integration from Microsoft CRM into Microsoft Great > Plains and this would include writing CRM fields to Extender Fields. Are > there any avai...

Problems replying / forwarding email
Hi, When replying / forwarding email on OWA on Exchange 2000 on SBS 2000, all the staffs are getting "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error(exception)" while all other functionality of OWA is fine. Any ideas what may be causing this and possible things to try to resolve this. Thanks for your help in advance. Ky On 19 Oct 2005 21:01:00 -0700, "Ky" <keicheng@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >When replying / forwarding email on OWA on Exchange 2000 on SBS 2000, >all the staffs are getting "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server >Error(exception)" while all oth...

Pivot Table Axis format
Hi. I have a macro that creates a pivot-table and pivot chart. The X-axis is a date. In the raw data, the date is formated as month/day. This is the way I want it on the chart. However, the X-axis formats with month/day/year. How can I force this to display correctly? Thanks, Mike. Do you see a grey little dropdown under the X axis (where you can choose your dates to show)? If yes, then rightclick on it. Select the top option: "Format pivotchart field" then click on the Number button on the next dialog. There are a bunch of date formats that you can choose from. Maybe...

Graph problem!
Right, this is a complicated matter. I have to input the amount of Kilometers a person has run into an excel table. Then I have to create a graph based on that particular table. The problem is that when I add NEW data to the table, the graph is not automatically updated. I have to go to the options of the graph first to adjust the range. Is there any way to automatically update the graph? Thank you. Hello Pieter, You are looking for a 'dynamic chart'. Fairly easy to do. See my website for info on how to make one. Best wishes Bernard www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips "Pie...

Interesting Quote Download Problem
I ran into an interesting quote download problem today. I built a new machine yesterday -- Windows XP Pro SP2. It has dual monitors but otherwise similar to my previous machine. I installed M2007 on it and copied over my *.mny file. It seemed to work fine. Sometime after midnight (i.e. on 11/3/2006), I did online updates. All of my accounts downloaded OK. Curiously, though, in Portfolio Manager the pricing of the stocks was not correct. Using the manual update option, I determined that every equity had a price for 11/3/2006 but, instead of being the source being marked "online&quo...

Inserting table to other table
I have a form which consists of a table. I want to insert some selected value into other table when i update and at the same time I want it to save into my own table too... May I know the way please..... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200704/1 I'm having trouble visualizing your situation. Could you provide an example of data? -- Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ Microsoft Registered Partner http...

problem with Business Portal 3.0
Message error " Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data." help me ... please ...

table to new table
hi thanks for your time and help i have an access table which is an automatic update so its data is constantly changing but the fields stay the same. i need to be able to transfer the data at the click of a button from the linked table into an access table without deleting the data already stored in the main table. i have tried looking at the transfer spreadsheet but this does not work. thanks for the help hi, Rivers wrote: > i have an access table which is an automatic update so its data is > constantly changing but the fields stay the same. > i need to be able to transfer...

Pivot Table not sorting correctly
In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each is displayed seperately. I followed the same exact procedure for this table as I have for the others that I displayed correctly. What causes those lines to be displayed on separate lines? Perhaps some of the entries have space characters at the end, and others don't. Marian wrote: > In column A I have several of the same names listed more than once spelled > exactly the same but when these line are pulled into a pivot table each ...

Routing in web forms problem
If anyone can help me on this it would be appreciated -it's driving me mad... I'm (trying) to implement asp.net web routing on an existing website I have to update (web forms framework 3.5). I've followed http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/dd347546.aspx to the letter and very good it is too, but it's not working. I've added all the routing content to the web.config. I've added a global.asax, added a RegisterRoutes method to update the RouteTable.Routes collection with my custom route handler which implements the IRouteHandler interface. Obvious...