Suitable Font for A4 side folded 4 page 'booklet'

I am preparing a Catholic Mass booklet on an A4 side folded page to give me
4
 pages.
 I have used Verdana font  8 points and it looks satisfactory.
 Page 1 contains the title, a photo etc. The other 3 pages are full.

 I am looking for advice as to whether or not there is another font and
point
 size that might be more suitable.

I'm using Publisher 2002.

I posted this earlier in the wrong place. Sorry

 Thanks

Art

0
artypan (6)

I suspect the font is a matter of taste. I was sent a Catholic service booklet
for Lent, it was all done in Arial 10 pt. Eight points seems small, hopefully
your parishioners are young with excellent eye sight and your church is well
lighted.

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Art" <artypan@iol.ie> wrote in message
>I am preparing a Catholic Mass booklet on an A4 side folded page to give me 4
> pages.
> I have used Verdana font  8 points and it looks satisfactory.
> Page 1 contains the title, a photo etc. The other 3 pages are full.
>
> I am looking for advice as to whether or not there is another font and point
> size that might be more suitable.
>
> I'm using Publisher 2002.
>
> I posted this earlier in the wrong place. Sorry
>
> Thanks
>
> Art

0
mary.sauer (2018)
11/6/2009 10:01:13 PM
Mary,
Thanks for your advice.
I decided to use Verdana 8 point Bold.

Anything bigger would have needed more pages.

Thanks

Art
"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>I suspect the font is a matter of taste. I was sent a Catholic service
>booklet for Lent, it was all done in Arial 10 pt. Eight points seems small,
>hopefully your parishioners are young with excellent eye sight and your
>church is well lighted.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Art" <artypan@iol.ie> wrote in message
>>I am preparing a Catholic Mass booklet on an A4 side folded page to give
>>me 4
>> pages.
>> I have used Verdana font  8 points and it looks satisfactory.
>> Page 1 contains the title, a photo etc. The other 3 pages are full.
>>
>> I am looking for advice as to whether or not there is another font and
>> point
>> size that might be more suitable.
>>
>> I'm using Publisher 2002.
>>
>> I posted this earlier in the wrong place. Sorry
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Art

0
artypan (6)
11/7/2009 9:13:46 PM
Generally speaking serif family fonts are easier to read (Verdana is sans
serif) for body content.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Rob Giordano

> Mary,
> Thanks for your advice.
> I decided to use Verdana 8 point Bold.
>
> Anything bigger would have needed more pages.
>
> Thanks
>
> Art
> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>>I suspect the font is a matter of taste. I was sent a Catholic service
>>booklet for Lent, it was all done in Arial 10 pt. Eight points seems
>>small, hopefully your parishioners are young with excellent eye sight and
>>your church is well lighted.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Art" <artypan@iol.ie> wrote in message
>>>I am preparing a Catholic Mass booklet on an A4 side folded page to give
>>>me 4
>>> pages.
>>> I have used Verdana font  8 points and it looks satisfactory.
>>> Page 1 contains the title, a photo etc. The other 3 pages are full.
>>>
>>> I am looking for advice as to whether or not there is another font and
>>> point
>>> size that might be more suitable.
>>>
>>> I'm using Publisher 2002.
>>>
>>> I posted this earlier in the wrong place. Sorry
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Art

0
webmaster911 (1600)
11/8/2009 9:17:17 PM
Rob,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Could I be so bold as to ask you to name two or three serif fonts that are
available in Publisher that I might consider

Art
"Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
> Generally speaking serif family fonts are easier to read (Verdana is sans
> serif) for body content.
>

> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> "Art" <artypan@iol.ie> wrote in message
>> Mary,
>> Thanks for your advice.
>> I decided to use Verdana 8 point Bold.
>>
>> Anything bigger would have needed more pages.
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Art
>> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I suspect the font is a matter of taste. I was sent a Catholic service
>>>booklet for Lent, it was all done in Arial 10 pt. Eight points seems
>>>small, hopefully your parishioners are young with excellent eye sight and
>>>your church is well lighted.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Mary Sauer
>>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>>
>>> "Art" <artypan@iol.ie> wrote in message

0
artypan (6)
11/9/2009 9:55:09 PM
Georgia, Courier,  Times New Roman, Bookman are just a few.

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Rob,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion.
>
> Could I be so bold as to ask you to name two or three serif fonts that are
> available in Publisher that I might consider
>
> Art
> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
>> Generally speaking serif family fonts are easier to read (Verdana is sans
>> serif) for body content.
>>

>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>

>> "Art" <artypan@iol.ie> wrote in message
>>> Mary,
>>> Thanks for your advice.
>>> I decided to use Verdana 8 point Bold.
>>>
>>> Anything bigger would have needed more pages.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> Art
>>> "Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message

0
webmaster911 (1600)
11/10/2009 5:24:06 PM
Thanks for your advice.

I have used Georgia and it looks very satisfactory

> Georgia, Courier,  Times New Roman, Bookman are just a few.
>
> --
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Rob Giordano
> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>

> "Art" <artypan@iol.ie> wrote in message
>> Rob,
>>
>> Thanks for your suggestion.
>>
>> Could I be so bold as to ask you to name two or three serif fonts that
>> are available in Publisher that I might consider
>>
>> Art
>> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
>> message news:OEsZPjLYKHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> Generally speaking serif family fonts are easier to read (Verdana is
>>> sans serif) for body content.
>>>

>>> --
>>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>> Rob Giordano
>>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>>

>>> "Art" <artypan@iol.ie> wrote in message

0
artypan (6)
11/11/2009 1:45:35 PM
I'm partial to Georgia as well :-)

--
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

> Thanks for your advice.
>
> I have used Georgia and it looks very satisfactory
>
> Art
> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in message
>> Georgia, Courier,  Times New Roman, Bookman are just a few.
>>
>> --
>> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>> Rob Giordano
>> Microsoft MVP Expression Web
>>

>> "Art" <artypan@iol.ie> wrote in message
>>> Rob,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your suggestion.
>>>
>>> Could I be so bold as to ask you to name two or three serif fonts that
>>> are available in Publisher that I might consider
>>>
>>> Art
>>> "Rob Giordano [MS MVP]" <webmaster@siriussystems.invalid> wrote in
>>> message news:OEsZPjLYKHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

0
webmaster911 (1600)

Blank Pages in Flier
I produce a monthly sales flier for the company that I work for. This coming month, my flier is 10 pages. I have it formatted as a booklet, 8.5x11, landscape, with a paper size: tabloid. However, when I go to print the flier on our color printer, it produces 2 blank pages between pages 5 and 6. I've tried changing the settings to 4 17x11 inch sheets, landscape, with a single fold to 8.5x11 inches and stapled, but I have the same result as I started with before. Any suggestions? I dont want to produce the flier with 2 blank pages in between. PublisherRookie <PublisherRookie@d...

IE steals focus from the page I am writing!
First there was the sticky web: MS and most webmasters make any page = reloads whenever you come back to it, even by hitting "Back" just 2 = minutes after you left, thus defeating the very purpose of a cache. As a = result, users are forced to open each page in a new IE window (to avoid = any "Back"), so you quickly have 60 IE windows open (at least in case = you check your infos before posting). But this regression apparently wasn't enough: now IE suddenly steals the = focus from the window you are writing, and gives it to another window = you left a few doze...

Horizontal Line font
Kind of a weird question. The CEO of our company asked us to change the default font of his Outlook 2003 client to Arial 11 point. We completed this task for him. Sometimes when he replies to a message he scrolls down to the horizontal line above the From To area and starts typing. When he does this the font changes to Times New Roman font. I have told him not to scroll down but he seems to keep doing it by accident. Is there any way to change the font of the horizontal line?? If so, where do you change it? I have scoured Google but cannot seem to come up with a solution. Any ideas?? ...

Font size for drop down validation list
When I am in 60% zoom (to see all my worksheet data) I can't read the text on a validation drop-down list--the font is too small. I have tried everything and can't find how to change it. I also tried using "zoom selection", but it make the validation box too big--full screen. Any ideas? Terry Using selection zoom makes it too big and it forces the 8 people using the project files jump around between zooms too much. Several are in their late 50's and aren't very computer literate. If I use 75% it is acceptalbe in the drop down list but then they have to ...

Strange problem with verdana font
Hi Since some of our users have MS Office 2007 we have a huge problem with Verdana font. When a user gets or writes a new document message with verdana font, characters are shown like boxes or squares. This also happens when users receive mail into Outlook 2007 that is written in Verdana. All other fonts look ok, the only problem is with Verdana. So the only way to view a document is to select all text and change font to anyting else as Verdana, but it's very annoying. This happens on all computers running MS Office 2007 or just MS Outlook 2007, also with new machines (clean insta...

How do I create a 4-d chart?
I am trying to create a chart with 4 dimensions. In effect, I need a 3-D column chart where the vertical bars are "stacked" colmns. How can I do this? Evanr Have you heard about Tufte's "small multiples" or Cleveland's "trellis" displays? These approaches create a series of small plots instead of trying to put everything into a single overly complex chart. I would stay away form 3D charts in Excel. Trellis is a trademarked by Insightful software. I use the term "panel charts" to reflect trellis and small multiple charts in Excel. I have...

What Fonts does Outlook Use?
I'm running Outlook 2003 under Windows XP. I have a large number of fonts installed, and to make life easier, I found a font manager and uninstalled those I rarely use. But I apparently uninstalled some fonts that Outlook uses, because it started substituting other fonts. In some cases the substituted fonts work OK (but look strange); in other cases, particularly in its pop-up windows, the substituted fonts are bigger and bolder than the originals — sometimes overfilling the windows. Can anybody tell me what fonts Outlook uses by default so that I can ensure that I have all the ...

Can anyone suggest a suitable control?
Hi, I am working on a statistical collection system for collecting soccer statistics. As part of the collection software, I need to allow users to click on a goal mouth view to place where the ball went into the goal (coordinates). Does anyone know of a control that will display a BMP and when clicked on, will place an image (of a football) on top of the bmp and output the coordinates of the balls placement. Cheers, Toby Toby Russell wrote: > Hi, > > I am working on a statistical collection system for collecting soccer > statistics. As part of the collection software, I nee...

Page titles displayed on google??
Hi all, When I search for my website on google, the pages that display in the natural listings are appearing with the titles 'How to find us' and 'Contact us.' I want the pages that are listed to say something like 'Welcome to One2one' etc but no matter what I try, I can't seem to get this to work??? I have changed the title in 'Webpage options' but the natural listings are still displaying 'Contact us'. No one is going to click on that as there is no reference to the who the hell we are?!? The text in the blue bar at the top of a navigation...

#value error #4
I am getting #value error in a formula.comparing a text string(using wildcard) in a column range with a text string(wild card) I want extract row numbers that matches that string in a range as array formula.While checking in formula evaluation,to find where I did wrong,I found results are coming correctly at all steps except final step.At last stage of formula evaluation I find =if(false,false,true,false,# value,false,true,#value) like this.The true values are the results what I desire.Then I used the function if(iserror,.That also didn't work. Any body please help me to how can I ...

Changing font colors based on a field value
I am programming in Access 2007 but it has to be compatible with Access 2003. I have a master report that has a field called txtTribe. There are two subreports on this report as well (and two lines, and a memo field). The report is grouped on txtTribe. I have the following code in the Report_Load and Report_Page events: txtFamilyName.ForeColor = RGB(0, 0, 0) txtTribe.ForeColor = RGB(0, 0, 0) If txtTribe = "AAA" Then txtFamilyName.ForeColor = RGB(0, 0, 175) txtTribe.ForeColor = RGB(0, 0, 175) End If If txtTribe = "BBB" Then txtFamilyName.Fore...

Fonts not displaying correctly
I have just reinstalled my Office 2003 and now most fonts (all except the standard Arial, Times New Roman, etc) are not displaying correctly. They look like they are really low resolution, the edges are jagged instead of smooth and the text is illegible if the size goes below 10 points. These same fonts are displaying as they should in other software applications that do not belong to the Office suite, so it has nothing to do with screen resolution. This problem only started after I reinstalled Office last week. Can anybody help me please? ...

is access suitable
i have just started working for a truck company that uses a lot of excel spreadsheets saved in all sorts of places. i have experiance with excel but not a lot with access. i need to set up an ordering system that will generate orders first by selecting a few basic options to make a base model then adding selective options to complete the order. some selective options will remove a base model option. eg to add the option red paint, the option white paint needs to be removed automatically. is access capable of this or are there more suitable programs to use Yes, Access is totally capable...

Paycheck #4
I am using Microsoft Money 2005 and I would like to set up my paycheck, so that it will add the appropriate amounts to my accounts automatically. Derect Deposit. Anyways I can't figure out how to do this. Any suggestions? Is it roght under my nose? Depends on what you mean by "automatically". Money lets you enter a transaction of type Paycheck that provides places to enter data right off your pay stub for all things like insurance and transfers to 401k and taxes and so forth--a Paycheck transaction is just a smart form of split transaction that ends in the net amount depo...

Font of Formula
hi, I have problem in changing the font of word formula. I would be glad if you could tell me how I can change the the font of formula which I have put them in the text by menu of INSERT in Microsoft Word. Thanks a lot. Mehrad Kamalzare In Word 2007, select the characters whose font you want to change and then go to the Home tab of the ribbon and use the Format Font utility. In Word 97-2003, use the Define item on the Style and Size items on the menu that appears when you are using Equation Editor 3 -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish t...

Need new font
I have publisher 2003 installed. My partner has the same but different fonts. I NEED TypeUpright BT installed to share the same info with her. I can not find it online to purchase. Can anyone tell me how to get it? Go to http://www.geocities.com/karrollyn/Misc/Fonts/FontsIUse.html. It'll take a few moments to fully load. Scroll down to Type Upright BT and click on it. It'll start the download as a .zip file. Send payment in the form of two cans of Fancy Feast Grilled Salmon to: Topaz and Phil c/o JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Lorrie" <pnutservr@yah...

Excel fonts how to recover them
I was deleting some programs on my computer, none of them dealing with Excel. When I done deleting them I clicked back on Ecel to a bvudget I was doing in HumanST521BT font, and that font was deleted and rep[laced by some other font and my Japanese font was also deleted all-in- all I believe that about 1/5 to 1/4 of all of the fonts I had were deleted. Is there anyway can recover the fonts I really liked the two fonts mentioned in this message. Sincerly, Nicolas Finstad P.S Please email me when when you have a solution. Check your recycle bin. Reinstall the font. Your next chall...

How the heck do I plot 'my text' for the X axis? (instead of 1, 2, 3, 4 etc.)
Hi, I'm using XL2002 & Win2000Pro. How can I display the week numbers (as shown) in the x axis, rather than 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. that M$ uses. Here's my data Week 11 12 13 14 Sales A 43 55 48 32 Sales B 32 36 41 29 Here's what I want the axis's to look like 50 40 30 20 10 0 11 12 13 14 How do I do it? Many thanks!!! Norm Father Guido ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ I plan on living forever... so far, so good Option 1: Del...

Page Break if next value of field in previous record is not consec
I have a report used to display box numbers by category (record series). I have the report grouped by RSNo, then sorted by BoxNo with a page break forced when a new RSNo occurs. Additionally, however, there should be a new page if the box numbers within the RS are not consecutive. For example, if the box number in RS1 are 1235, 1236, 1237, 1240, 1241, and 1242 I should end up with two pages. The first page should have 1235, 1236 and 1237 and the second page should have 1240, 1241, and 1242. I thought I could do this using VB and an if...then...else statement such that If BoxNo.Curr...

Offline Files - An official stance
Hi there, I've been looking for a whitepaper, or an official line from Microsoft which defines the capabilities of Offline Files in a client/server environment. As we all know, in a XP Client<=>Windows Server 2003 environment, once Folder Redirection has been established by Group Policy, the redirected folder is automatically made available offline. This is what Microsoft only seem to explicitly refer to in white papers. From my experience of Offline Files & Windows networking in general, I strongly feel that Offline Files is not suitable to be enabled by multi...

Change font in Outlook Today screen?
Outlook 2003 When I am in the Outlook Today screen the appointments show up much too small for me to read easily. How can I set them to a larger size? Thanks in advance... Bob Bob <none@nobody.net> wrote: > Outlook 2003 > > When I am in the Outlook Today screen the appointments show up much > too small for me to read easily. How can I set them to a larger size? Write your own Outlook Today page. Instructions can be found in the Microsoft Knowledgebase. -- Brian Tillman ...

Incomplete Support for Unicode fonts for Excel 2000 embedded in Wo
Both Excel 2000 and Word 2000 seem to individually support Unicode fonts fully. However this support seems incomplete when Excel is embedded in Word. For instance, if I embed an Excel chart in a Word document, and include the Unicode character for square root (Arial font) in an x-axis label cell for any categorical chart, then the character appears as the square root symbol while I am editing in Excel, but as soon as I return to Word, it displays as a question mark. This does not impact all Unicode characters, for instance the lowercase Greek mu and sigma display correctly. My guess...

Font colour does not print as chosen
Hi, If I create a document in MS Publisher useing red font colour it actually prints in blue Any explanation why this should happen? -- Peter Did you read the previous answer to this identical question? Did you try the solution given? Have you queried your printer manufacturer for a solution? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Peter Piper" <PeterPiper@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8FA9CF3-3E91-4A02-A59B-C9AD8795EA84@microsoft.com... > Hi, If I create a document in MS Publisher useing red font colour it > actually > prints ...

Change Font Color Based on Classification
Can I have the Font color in a specific row be a certain color based on a value in one cell in that row. I am looking at data for different room types classified as A,B,C,D or E. Each row is for a different room with one of those classifications. I want the whole row to dislay one or five different font colors (respectivley) based on the classification. How can I do this, Scott for 5 colors you need to use VBA to get it If four were acceptable use Conditional formating (one default and three conditional) I "sip8316" wrote: > Can I have the Font color in a specifi...

Location Location Location? No, Traffic Traffic Traffic! #4
Do you want a great backend product that is selling like crazy this week? My readers are running to get this NEW CONCEPT! I�m selling more this week than I ever did in the past months with any other program. My commissions are climbing very fast. I�m really excited! This is the best ad copy I�ve read in months! It sells. If you haven't felt the shockwave yet, stop everything you are doing and read this to be one of the first promoters. The inner circles of the shockwave are raking in the profits like fury. This will pay us for years to come as it is the first �Wave� of the NEW I...