Strange import problem -- dropping letters

Win7, Pub 2010 (but it also happened under XP/20007; I don't remember if it
happened with 2003)

When I import a Word file with some text that is "xxx.org" or .com or
similar, Publisher drops that last letter (it comes out .or or .co)
This also happened with a list of URLs -- dropped the last letter of each
address (which was a / or two & some words beyond the .com)
Sometimes but not always the last letter before a paragraph or new-line
break.

Any idea why this happens?

I have learned to remember to proofread for these missing bits of web/email
addresses, but still....
bj

0
bjones441 (10)

Strange Output
Hello, everybody !!! Why this fragment of code shows : ac cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; Thanks All !!! "Alex Dmitriev" <firejump@mail.ru> wrote in message news:ecTgPp8pEHA.3800@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hello, everybody !!! > Why this fragment of code shows : ac > > cout<<"a\??/??/bc"; http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elconTrigraphs.asp '??/' is a '\' so you end up with "a\\\bc" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dv_vccelng4/html/elc...

Problems with sharing a workbook
We've got a weekly accuracy check spreadsheet that's on another drive and accessible to me and another co-worker. Normally, we work on it at different times of the day, but this week we decided to make it accessible to both of us for simultaneous editing. The data was first filtered to hide duplicates, then sorted by Employee ID and Date. I then went to Tools>Share Workbook, checked the box for sharing, and saved the workbook to our "G" drive. Then, the trial run: we both accessed it, I had him color-fill the last row and save. I then saved it on my computer. ...

Excel Object showing strange behavior
Hello, I have a sheet that I created that contains an Excel object (small spreadsheet) that when double clicked, will open up and allow it to be populated. After they populate it, and close it,...the data is automatically reflected in the object on the original sheet. This is shared with everyone and it's working great. BUT.....(always the but) Why have a few people sent the form back to me saying that when they double click the object it opens up a "Format Object" dialogue box rather than the editable sheet that it was supposed to do? They sent it back to me and sure enough...

Import/Export Tasks and Roles
Is there a way in GP 10 to import/export tasks and roles? I'd like to create and test my new tasks and roles on a test machine, then export/ import them to the production machine. Thanks, G.A. Not from within GP. However, you will first need to get a hold of the necessary tables: SY09000 - Security Task Master SY09100 - Security Roles Master SY09200 - Security Alternate/Modified Group Master SY09400 - Security Resource Descriptions SY10000 - User Security SY10500 - Security Assignment User Role SY10550 - Security Assignment User Alternate/Modified SY10600 - Security Assignment Role Ta...

Installation problem with Outlook 2000: 'The operation failed due to an installa
I installed Outlook 2000 on a laptop, which already had some of the Office 2002 products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). When I try to open Outlook I get an error message 'The operation failed due to an installation problem. Restart Outlook and try again. If the problem persists, please reinstall'. I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook a couple of times, but still the same problem. Does anyboday have an idea what the problem could be and how it could be solved? ...

Import large text file
Hi, Which options do I have to import a text file to Excel, with more than 200.000 records. Thanks Luis Hi Luis, Did you try opening the file from Excel (file,open) then after going through the file import wizard and you have what you want you can use file, save as, ...) Since you are not used to this suggest you start with a copy of your flat text file. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "L. A. M." ...

Exchange Permissions--Strange One
Hi by default, domain admins (and ent. admins) are denied "receive as" and "send as" permissions to the mailbox store. additionally, by default, on the exchange advanced tab under the mailbox rights button, domain admins are DENIED Full Mailbox Access. However, if you look at the security tab for each user object, by default domain admins are allowed "send as" and "receive as" permissions. now i know that the "receive as" right is ignored on the ad user object, but i ran a small test. i logged on as a domain admin, opened up the domain admin...

Strange Email failure error
Can anyone help? Using Outlook 2002 and POP3 mail. I've always been able to send emails to my wife's work email address until this week, when I get this very strange failure notice. "Connected to 213.2.49.230 but greeting failed. Remote host said: 421 reppsrv01.repp.co.uk is not accepting new connections. Please try later I'm not going to try again; this message has been in the queue too long." Does anyone know what the hell this means? thanks -- Google is your Friend Email address deliberately false to avoid spam: gordonATgbpcomputingDOTcoDOTuk www.gbpcomputin...

Re: Importing Messages Into Mail.app 03-28-10
In article uvOaP3jzKHA.3884@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Michel Bintener at mbintener@NOmvpsSPAM.org wrote on 3/28/10 2:13 AM: > Hi Rick, > > this appears to be a problem with Mail, not Entourage, so you might be > better off asking the question on Apple's discussion boards. > > However, if the number of folders you are trying to import is rather > small, you can simply drag the folder from the folder list in Entourage > to the desktop; you can then import the resulting mbox files into Mail > when you're done (via File>Import Mailboxes). > A...

Printing Problems in Entourage
I have no problem printing a monthly calendar, but if I print a weekly format, the program crashes every time. Any one else having that problem? Any suggested solutions? This is a known issue. To work around it, Try removing multi-day events that cross the weekly boundary. On 9/29/05 5:20 PM, in article 1128032452.981239.31830@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com, "Tony" <tonystinson@bellsouth.net> wrote: > I have no problem printing a monthly calendar, but if I print a weekly > format, the program crashes every time. Any one else having that > problem? > > Any su...

Money 2002 backup restore problem
I had a corrupt system file (or something) that required me to reformat my hard drive. I always backed up my Money file to a floppy disk on a routine basis. When I tried to restore the file I received an error that the file "was corrupt or not a Money backup file." I'm pretty certain the file is not corrupt and this is a problem with the restore process. Anyone have a similar problem? (Yes, I've read all the procedures on how to do it.) TIA, Dave Many people who get themselves in this situation installed a different version of Money than the one they were actually u...

Very Strange
Hi I have a Word 2007 document. In this I am using 3 different heading styles. I want to use the feature 'Select Text with Similar Formatting' but it is not working. I have 5 headings that are all Title Case, size 10, Times New Roman, Left aligned and Bold there is exactly the same formatting applied to all 5 headings - I even checked the paragraph spacing - all headings are 0pt before and 12pt after. I checked show and hide - everything I repeat everything is the same - can you tell me why oh why will this feature only select 3 of my headings and not the 5???? ...

Stubborn Link Data/Value Problem
Hello, I am having a problem with a link in one of my Excel worksheets and I'm hoping that someone can help me with it. Here's the situation... I have two separate workbooks that are connected via a link such that an update in one workbook is automatically (and immediately) reflected in the second book. There is a cell (say A1) in the second book (the destination) that contains a link with the following format: =Excel.Sheet.8|'C:\Folder\Source.xls'!'!Sheet1!R2C1' [I created this link by copying the source cell from the source workbook and pasting (using Past...

import mailboxes
Is there a way to import a user's mailbox from an exchange server that is on a different domain? Both exchange servers are 2003, and both are on same network. The servers just have different domain names. Thanks. Hello Glenn, Use Exmerge for 2003. It exports the mailbox as .pst file which you can import to the other exchange server. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=429163EC-DCDF-47DC-96DA-1C12D67327D5&displaylang=en Best regards myweb Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. > Is there...

Problem using a report from Access2003 to Access2007
I am trying to use a database created with Access 2003 in Access 2007 but have come up with a problem. The database contains a report which produces invoices for sales between two dates. When the report is run the user is asked to input sale date From and To (this is set up in the Invoice Query), Invoice Date and Invoice Start Number - these two are set up as text boxes on the report. Invoice Date conrol source has [Enter Invoice Date] and Invoice Start Number has [Page]+[Invoice Start Number]-1. This works fine in Access 2003 and the invoices come out correctly but in 2007 invoice ...

Serialization Problem
Hi, I am trying to use the following code to make xml serialization to a file. The following error is being given: "An unhandled exception of type 'System.InvalidOperationException' occurred in system.xml.dll Additional information: There was an error generating the XML document." The problem should be due to inheritance. Can someone help me solve the problem out. Thanks in Advance ICommunicationTuple ict = new MessageQueueCommunication("test"); XmlSerializer ser = new XmlSerializer(typeof(ICommunicationTuple)); StreamWriter writer = new StreamWriter("c...

How to import from QuickBooks
I have been using QuickBooks for a while and want to convert to Money. However, I don't see how that can be done. Money doesn't seem to understand either QuickBooks files directly nor be able to import the only format that QB seems to know how to export to (IIF). Does anyone know how to get my QB data moved over to Money? ----------- "We child proofed our home but it didn't do any good. They're still getting in." Richard Lewis Haggard ...

Import missing recieved date
I had inadvertantly copied my inbox from my office (outlook 2000) to my home (outlook 2003). I was able to make an export to a .csv file and found that when I imported the inbox, all the mail had todays date and time. Is there a way to get the file to export and import the receive date also? Thanks, Tom. Why didn't you just File, Open , Outlook data file? Or File, Import? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) ...

How to import cels from another workbook
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C42A37.632E19B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hallo, In my workbook "Contacts.xls" I want to import cells from "Sales.xls" I work with macro's, but can't find the formula. Hope someone can give me an text example=20 Thanks Ruud ------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C42A37.632E19B0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4...

Formula for Capital Letters
I am working on a Validation List In cell D13, I want user to key in only letters A, B, C, D, or E and all should be in CAPITAL LETTERS. I use the formula below in =(EXACT(D13,UPPER(D13))) I got the Capital Letter part, but other letters can still be keyed in other than A-E. Please advise me, thank you. One way: =AND(CODE(D13)>=65, CODE(D13)<=69) In article <442a7d90$1_1@news.tm.net.my>, "Zainuddin Zakaria" <salza@tm.net.my> wrote: > I am working on a Validation List > > In cell D13, I want user to key in only letters A, B, C, D, or E and ...

Problem Resolving Email Addresses to Contacts in CRM via Outlook
When creating a new email and inserting the email address I am sending too which does map to a CRM contact in CRM 3.0. I get the following error. "The sender does not have an e-mail address in Microsoft CRM. Do you want to send the e-mail? If you click yes, the e-mail will be sent out, but no corresponding activity will be created in Microsoft CRM. What am I doing wrong here? I also noticed that Microsoft CRM contacts do show up when I click the "To:" however the contacts that I've added in CRM are not showing up? Thanks! This is due to your CRM user record not h...

Search Form Problems
I have a form that has two fields in it. The first field is for a ID number, and the other is for the projects name. I am having a problem with using the form for as a search tool. Some of the values are duplicates in the drop down, I wanted to know how to properly filter the combo box so that the values can only be seen once. The Row Source is the name of the table that the fields are from, however this only words for the ID combo box and not the project name one. For some reason the values are from the ID column in the project name's combo box as well. To counter this problem, I si...

Excel combobox problem
I'm using a combobox populated from rTest (a 4 column, 60 row named range) and linking it to a cell named Test. My problem is that it only displays the first 41 rows of that range in the dropdown. The following are the properties that I've changed for the combobox: LinkedCell = Test ListFillRange = rTest ListRows = 20 SelectionMargin = false BorderStyle = fmBorderStyleSingle This is excel 2003. -- aoeui ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aoeui's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26603 View this thre...

Problem: new calendar entries land on wrong date

Simple calculated field problem
Hi, I am very new to Access and am trying to do something I think should be reasonably simple, but can't work out the syntax I need. My database is to track weight loss. I have only one table at the moment (this will grow but my problem only involves a single table), which is called 'Measurements'. The table has only 3 fields, 'Date', 'Weight' and 'Fat%'. I would like to be able to track weight loss from one day to the next, so am trying to make a query that shows, for each day, the values in the Weight and Fat% fields, and a calculated field tha...