Still losing pictures

I am still losing my graphics!

Here is what has happened:

Originally, I started to edit an existing file. Most of the pictures
were already there. I added some pictures and text using the insert
picture from file method. After saving and re-opening the next day, I
had lost all of the old images but still had the ones that I had just
added. I replaced all of those pictures using the graphics Manager by
clicking on the empty picture in the Graphics Manager and selecting
replace picture. After saving and re-opening the next day, now they
are all gone. I am using windows metafile images.

Today, I placed several pictures using the insert picture from file
link to file method, and they all dissapeared after saving and
restarting. I tried to repeat it again, but they stayed. It is very
inconsistent.

I still wonder if it is in my saving process....

Are you still using an edited old publication? Have you thought about starting
from scratch?

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

<cwilliamson@jgbowers.com> wrote in message
>I am still losing my graphics!
>
> Here is what has happened:
>
> Originally, I started to edit an existing file. Most of the pictures
> were already there. I added some pictures and text using the insert
> picture from file method. After saving and re-opening the next day, I
> had lost all of the old images but still had the ones that I had just
> added. I replaced all of those pictures using the graphics Manager by
> clicking on the empty picture in the Graphics Manager and selecting
> replace picture. After saving and re-opening the next day, now they
> are all gone. I am using windows metafile images.
>
> Today, I placed several pictures using the insert picture from file
> link to file method, and they all dissapeared after saving and
> restarting. I tried to repeat it again, but they stayed. It is very
> inconsistent.
>
> I still wonder if it is in my saving process....

0
mary-sauer (6480)
11/30/2007 1:39:20 PM
Mary,

I read the other thread, and all the suggested fixes. Is it possible the
problem is associated in some way with cwilliamson using Pub 2000 or older
clipart, *.wmf files? Is there a KB about not being able to view the old
clipart in Pub 2003? Just an idea...

DavidF

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> Are you still using an edited old publication? Have you thought about
> starting from scratch?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> <cwilliamson@jgbowers.com> wrote in message
>>I am still losing my graphics!
>>
>> Here is what has happened:
>>
>> Originally, I started to edit an existing file. Most of the pictures
>> were already there. I added some pictures and text using the insert
>> picture from file method. After saving and re-opening the next day, I
>> had lost all of the old images but still had the ones that I had just
>> added. I replaced all of those pictures using the graphics Manager by
>> clicking on the empty picture in the Graphics Manager and selecting
>> replace picture. After saving and re-opening the next day, now they
>> are all gone. I am using windows metafile images.
>>
>> Today, I placed several pictures using the insert picture from file
>> link to file method, and they all dissapeared after saving and
>> restarting. I tried to repeat it again, but they stayed. It is very
>> inconsistent.
>>
>> I still wonder if it is in my saving process....

0
Nope8657 (939)
11/30/2007 2:09:05 PM
 I read the article, and I almost suggested the poster read it. It suggests
setting the monitor to 16-bit color.  Maybe it is Mr. Williamson's solution.

The icon is blank when you insert an object or a file into a document,
presentation, spreadsheet, or other Microsoft Office file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/925082/en-us

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"DavidF" <Nope@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Mary,
>
> I read the other thread, and all the suggested fixes. Is it possible the
> problem is associated in some way with cwilliamson using Pub 2000 or older
> clipart, *.wmf files? Is there a KB about not being able to view the old
> clipart in Pub 2003? Just an idea...
>
> DavidF
>
> "Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Are you still using an edited old publication? Have you thought about
>> starting from scratch?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> <cwilliamson@jgbowers.com> wrote in message
>>>I am still losing my graphics!
>>>
>>> Here is what has happened:
>>>
>>> Originally, I started to edit an existing file. Most of the pictures
>>> were already there. I added some pictures and text using the insert
>>> picture from file method. After saving and re-opening the next day, I
>>> had lost all of the old images but still had the ones that I had just
>>> added. I replaced all of those pictures using the graphics Manager by
>>> clicking on the empty picture in the Graphics Manager and selecting
>>> replace picture. After saving and re-opening the next day, now they
>>> are all gone. I am using windows metafile images.
>>>
>>> Today, I placed several pictures using the insert picture from file
>>> link to file method, and they all dissapeared after saving and
>>> restarting. I tried to repeat it again, but they stayed. It is very
>>> inconsistent.
>>>
>>> I still wonder if it is in my saving process....

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Publisher 2000 will not import JPEG picture
I have several JPEG photos that I can import into Publisher 98 but refuse to import into Publisher 2000 (SP3) any ideas? I have tried converting the pictures to other formats but get the same results. Could be your filter(s) is/are corrupt. Look on your hard for a folder similar to this: C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Grphflt Rename the JPEGIM32.FLT to something else such as jpegim32.old, from your Publisher CD drag a new instance of this file into the same folder. If you think more than one filter is bad, remove all the filters and replace them from the CD. -- Mary Sa...

Linking Pictures
Is there anyway in a cell to link to a picture? You may enter text (or select the cell that already has text) and Insert>Hyperlink>*follow the wizard*>OK You may also specify the text to display. You may also Insert>Hyperlink>*follow the wizard*>OK and the linked path will appear in the cell. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Julie" <jabraden21@tntech.edu> wrote in message news:2ab8301c3927b$fe521210$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is there anyway in a cell to link to a picture? On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 10:52:54 -0700, "Julie...

How to set CEdit to ReadOnly but the background color still White?
I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2. I want to set all my CEdit controls to read only but I want to keep the WHITE BACKGROUND appearance. How to do that? Thank you very much. Handle WM_CTLCOLORSTATIC. -- Ajay "Landon" <Landon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3C081A07-E979-42C5-B56B-8F151B440757@microsoft.com... >I use Visual C++ MFC 4.2. > > I want to set all my CEdit controls to read only but I want to keep the > WHITE BACKGROUND appearance. > > How to do that? > > Thank you very much. I've tried it and it works. But I've got 2 M...

Outlook still hanging
I have followed the advice from my last message - I have renamed the file to outcmd.old and I have disabled messenger in the Options. The problem only occurs when I try to send/receive. If I turn off send/receive every thing is OK but as soon as I try to manually receive or on opening, Outlook freezes still. please help Peter ...

RAID 10 still best for DB's?
We run Exchange 2003 Enterprise. We have 3 Mailbox stores which had 1-2 databases in each and each maiailbox store in on a RAID 10 partition. We use to have them on RAID 5 at it was very slow sometimes, our average writes/reads to disk per second were sometimes hitting > 50 msecs. Now on RAID 10 we sometimes get the odd >30 msecs but many when backups are running. We are going to be upgrading our server soon, would RAID 10 be the best way? Plus we will eventually upgrade this new server to Exchange 2007. On Fri, 13 Apr 2007 08:00:11 +0100, "Gonzo" <no@no.com> ...

how do I add extra crop handles to pictures?
I used to be able to add extra crop handles to clip art in Publisher 97 to crop uneven shapes but I can't see how to do that in Publisher 2002. Please can anyone help? Do you mean "edit wrap points?" In the picture menu click the dog icon, edit wrap points. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "The Real Milly" <The Real Milly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D8F644FE-F44F-478C-8F4A-16EF572FF07E@microsoft.com... >I used to be able to add extra crop handles to clip art in ...

pictures of antiageing creams
anybody have pictures of antiageing creams What does this have to do with Word? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "natasha" <natasha@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4EE6295-8BEE-4654-A047-81572E66F6E2@microsoft.com... > anybody ...

Still losing pictures
I am still losing my graphics! Here is what has happened: Originally, I started to edit an existing file. Most of the pictures were already there. I added some pictures and text using the insert picture from file method. After saving and re-opening the next day, I had lost all of the old images but still had the ones that I had just added. I replaced all of those pictures using the graphics Manager by clicking on the empty picture in the Graphics Manager and selecting replace picture. After saving and re-opening the next day, now they are all gone. I am using windows metafile images. Today,...

Why does my Picture It software lock up when I try to open a docu.
This question is for Picture It Publishing Platinun 2002 users. Why does my Picture It software lock up when I try to open a document and sometimes when I am in the middle of editing? This newsgroup is for user of Publisher, not Picture It Publishing. You may wish to post your question to the appropriate group. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "mmmc" <mmmc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F672FB4E-4F51-4332-9D17-14B19B7F1B9F@microsoft.com... > This question is for Picture It Publishing Platinun 2002 users. Why does > my > Picture It...

CRM 3 STILL NOT GOOD
Just tried CRM 3 on the demo servers provided by Microsoft. After ALL THE TIME they spent on it . . . and it's STILL NOT AS GOOD AS IT SHOULD BE! It lacks basic functionality found in earlier versions of ACT. And much is not intuitive (such as searching for accounts). I will not enjoy rolling this out to the sales reps as they will say that it's still not good. Even if you add a module like marketing, and yet neglect the basic problems with the software, you still don't have a truly good product. -- Brandon What sort of search functionality were you looking for ?. ...

Picture File
Hello, I have a problem that just started for no apparent reason. I have been using photo's edited in Picture IT 2000, I cut-out a part of a photo and then save it in either JPEG or Picture it format then insert it in my Publisher projects, no problem. However this last time I try to do the same and for some reason the photo keeps a white background around the object that I cut-out. Example : I cut out a picture of a hat in Picture it and then I insert it on someone's head in a publisher project. This used to come out ok and then for some reason the "cut-out" hat had a white ...

repeat question....still looking for an answer
how are people handling the situation of no salesperson ID being transferred over from CRM to Great Plains on the customer card? Also how are people handling the situation of no tax schedule ID available in CRM? I'm told that my customer class ID in GP will have to be set up with a default tax id - THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE. Without a salesperson ID or a tax schedule ID it creates a lot more work for my accounting dept. they will have to go into every card in GP and add in the correct tax id and then they have to go to crm to find out who owns the account, go back to GP and ...

Outlook 2007 (RTM) New Mail Notification still not fixed?
I've searched the groups and found people experiencing problems with the new mail notification in Outlook 2007. The main problem is that the mail icon in the system tray will only appear when new mail arrives in the DEFAULT store inbox and stays there. If a rule moves the email to a different folder, no mail icon will show up, nor will it show up if email is delivered to an INBOX, but one that is not the default store (i.e. when using an exchange account and a POP account). So....I'm using the final Enterprise version, and the problem still exists. Rules can be created to show the...

insert picture
One of my workbooks requires the user to insert a picture into a worksheet by pressing the insert picture button and finding the directory the pictures are in and selecting and inserting it. How can I make sure the directory is available every time the insert picture is pressed, because right know when ever the workbook is opened and the insert is selected it always goes to mypictures directory instead of the directory that we want. dave Maybe you could give the user a macro to insert the picture. Then you'll have more control over what happens: Option Explicit Private Declare Functio...

Microsoft's Mactopia site loses links to promotions and downloads
What a mess! Microsoft launched it's new updated web site for Office for Mac today and the links to promotions are messed up. There is no way for users that are purchasing Office for Mac to view the offers or coupons at this time. When you log into Mactopia you get the new link http://www.microsoft.com/mac/comingsoon.htm. This includes the Mac Downloads page! Clicking on the Preview Office 2008 for Mac link offers a link to the Suite Deal that just returns you to the main page. IMHO Heads should roll over a mistake like this! -- Diane, Microsoft Mac MVP (MVPs are not Microsoft Employees...

Update in progress
When I upgraded to MO5, it duplicated a lot of my accounts. I kinda know why, but that's not the issue. In the Account List, those duplicate accounts indicated they were being updated. But it never goes away and manual updates won't work because another update is already in progress. I'm stuck in an endless, catch 22 loop. I even restarted the software and the updating remained. I deleted all the duplicate accounts, that were supposedly still updating, but there is one left "updating" which is not duplicate. So I can't delete it. How can I get MO5 to st...

Blocking picture
Hi, Using outlook 2003 windows xp Prof with SP2. Outlook has taken to downloading the picture contained in spam email, I cant seem to stop it! I have gone to Tools/Options/Security/Change Automatic Download Setting and ensured that the don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML email is ticked.. but outlook keeps downloading the pictures any ideas. dogo See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/bec.htm for an explanation. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)...

Function to check if CWnd still created
Hi, I'm looking fur a function to check if a CWnd pointer is still valid, what means that he window has not been closed. Thanks, Markus Hi, you can try ::IsWindow (HWND) or CWnd::GetSafeHwnd () "maka3" <maka3@punjabi.net> escribi� en el mensaje news:9f73cf3f.0407200129.62d8a73@posting.google.com... > Hi, > I'm looking fur a function to check if a CWnd pointer is still valid, > what means that he window has not been closed. > Thanks, > Markus That is very difficult. You are faced with two questions here: (a) is the CWnd pointer valid (very hard) an...

Focus on a picture
Hello all, Last ? for today, I promise. I have a picture in cell A1 and I want the focus to be on the picture, not the cell it occupies when the workbook opens. Is this possible? -S I figured out how to do this with the following code: Sub Workbook_Open() Set myDocument = Worksheets(1) myDocument.Shapes("Picture 1").Select End Sub I had to first give a name to the picture from Insert Menu: <Insert> <Name> <Define> -S "Scientific" wrote: > Hello all, > > Last ? for today, I promise. > > I have a picture in cell A1 and ...

deleted mailbox still showing up
I deleted an account in AD and marked the mailbox for deletion but it is still showing up on Exchange. What do I need to do on the Exchange server to get it removed fast. Brandon wrote: > I deleted an account in AD and marked the mailbox for deletion but it is > still showing up on Exchange. What do I need to do on the Exchange server to > get it removed fast. Purge the mailbox. In ESM goto the mailbox right click and purge. does it appear with the red "x" on it? if so, you can right-click in the ESM and select "purge"...if it doesn't have the red &q...

Lifetime Planner still has loan payments after loan ends
I have a home loan that Lifetime Planner still has loan payments after loan ends in the forecast "what expenses will I have" screen. If I show "when will my loans be paid off" it shows it correctly paid in the correct year 2037. Stranger still is that say my payment is 1300 which includes 250 prop tax and 50 ins. I thougth well yes you would still have to pay the 300 a month even after you pay off the loan right. But the load amount after payoff for 2037 is 1400 a year so that isnt right either. ...

still not sure about graphics
1. new computer with pub 2003 2. very few graphics installed 3. have pub 98 on program installation disk 4. can i move graphics from disk to pub 2003 so i can use them Mary and I both responded how you can use the Clip Art Gallery and Pub 2003. Since you've asked this question again, specifically what don't you understand? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "huday2" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1e86601c45571$03614bf0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > 1. new computer with pub 2003 > 2. very few graphics installed > 3. have pub...

CRM client for Outlook uninstalled but still there!
Hello, I'm trying to uninstall the Microsoft CRM laptop client for Outlook from my computer. I'm running Vista, Outlook 2007 and the CRM V3C client. I had some trouble uninstalling the CRM client without local admin privileges, but my friendly sys admin has now made me a local admin and I've used Control Panel > Uninstall Programs to uninstall the CRM client. However, the CRM toolbar and menu option are still available in Outlook. The toolbar looks active but doesn't do anything. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Outlook 2007, but the toolbar reappears. ...

Still not working
I am trying to tally the life time hours of a piece of equipment taht the hour meter has quiy working on. I know the hours on it when new meter was installed. What I want is to have the total hours displayed in the same cell for referance. The problem is everyday the formula needs to change. Example day one the formula would be (A1+4000), the next day (a2+4000) and so on. I guess what I want to know is there a formula that will take the last cell in a colum that has data in it and add 4000 to it ? =INDEX(A:A,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A)) + 4000 -- HTH... Jim Thomlinso...

Still not working
I used your method and I get the error- An internal error occurred on the report server. See the error log for more details. (rsInternalError) Get Online Help The source of the report definition has not been specified. My .Net command- Process.Start("http://localhost/ReportServer?/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fLegReviewRS%2fReviewDetail&rs%3aCommand=Render&RevID=" & CurrentRevID) It is a hidden parameter. This has always worked with the following parameterized command- Process.Start("http://localhost/Reports/Pages/Report.aspx?ItemPath=%2fLegReview...