spread a picture across 2 pages

Hello,

The newsletter I produce (publisher 2002) is in A5 format. It prints 2 pages
per A4 sheet, double-sided, which is folded in half. I've set up the page
and print options OK.

I want to include a map which is quite large, too big to fit sensibly on an
A5 page. I would like to spread it across 2 adjacent pages, probably as a
'centrefold'. Can I do this within the publisher file using a single picture
box, or must I split the map into 2 pictures and put one on each page?

With thanks

KK

0
trebor (88)

After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from KK <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk>...
> I want to include a map which is quite large, too big to fit sensibly
> on an A5 page. I would like to spread it across 2 adjacent pages,
> probably as a 'centrefold'. Can I do this within the publisher file
> using a single picture box, or must I split the map into 2 pictures
> and put one on each page?

Publisher should handle this for you.
I would print a test copy before your final print though, to make sure.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
8/23/2003 1:46:04 PM
That's not really necessary.  I did this with a company diversity brochure
and it worked fine just spreading the image across the center two pages (12
page doc).

Randall Arnold

"Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngr@BabyBell.fake_address> wrote in message
> I believe you can do this but it may be a bit tricky.  Here's one way I
> would try it.
>
> Lets say your booklet is 8 pages. Create pages 4 and 5 as black pages. In
> separate file create the map as a full sheet and run it through the
printer
> where pages 4 and 5 are.
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America!
>

> "KK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > The newsletter I produce (publisher 2002) is in A5 format. It prints 2
> pages
> > per A4 sheet, double-sided, which is folded in half. I've set up the
page
> > and print options OK.
> >
> > I want to include a map which is quite large, too big to fit sensibly on
> an
> > A5 page. I would like to spread it across 2 adjacent pages, probably as
> > 'centrefold'. Can I do this within the publisher file using a single
> picture
> > box, or must I split the map into 2 pictures and put one on each page?
> >
> > With thanks
> >
> > KK

0
rgarnold (90)
8/23/2003 6:19:19 PM
I've done this many times, if you are really good you can use facing pages. Adjust
the map across the page, crop to the fold, copy the picture, crop the other side to
the fold. You'll have to fold carefully of course.

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://dgl.microsoft.com/
"Randall Arnold" <rgarnold@cathartis.com> wrote in message
> That's not really necessary.  I did this with a company diversity brochure
> and it worked fine just spreading the image across the center two pages (12
> page doc).
>
> Randall Arnold
>
> "Don Schmidt" <RetiredEngr@BabyBell.fake_address> wrote in message
> > I believe you can do this but it may be a bit tricky.  Here's one way I
> > would try it.
> >
> > Lets say your booklet is 8 pages. Create pages 4 and 5 as black pages. In
> > separate file create the map as a full sheet and run it through the
> printer
> > where pages 4 and 5 are.
> >

> > --
> > Don
> > Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America!
> >

> > "KK" <trebor@yeleek.nospam.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > The newsletter I produce (publisher 2002) is in A5 format. It prints 2
> > pages
> > > per A4 sheet, double-sided, which is folded in half. I've set up the
> page
> > > and print options OK.
> > >
> > > I want to include a map which is quite large, too big to fit sensibly on
> > an
> > > A5 page. I would like to spread it across 2 adjacent pages, probably as
> > > 'centrefold'. Can I do this within the publisher file using a single
> > picture
> > > box, or must I split the map into 2 pictures and put one on each page?
> > >
> > > With thanks
> > >
> > > KK

0
laserdog (1122)
8/23/2003 6:51:03 PM
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message
from Mary Sauer <laserdog@mycolumbus.rr.com>...
> I've done this many times, if you are really good you can use facing
> pages. Adjust the map across the page, crop to the fold, copy the
> picture, crop the other side to the fold. You'll have to fold
> carefully of course.

It's even easier if you use an outside printing service - although if you're
using a perfect bind things get a lot harder.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)

picture
Whenever I send a picture to someone, on Hotmail or Gmail, they try to open the picture and they just see a red cross - why is this? dbib wrote: > Whenever I send a picture to someone, on Hotmail or Gmail, they try > to open the picture and they just see a red cross - why is this? You're not attaching the picture - you're attaching a LINK to the picture. ...

Display Name #2
I am trying to correct a mis-spelled name in Outlook. Our Adminstrator said it is correct on the system. I can find where the mistake is. It is in display name within properties. I make the change but it does not take the change. I send an email and it still has the mis-spelling on the display name. What type of account? Exchange? See if the X400 address also has the right display name. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- <anonymous@discussions...

Auto Archiving #2
I'm trying to change the Auto Archive setting for multiple (500+) users on a w2k server running as part of a Citrix farm. Currently default to c:\doc and settings.....etc Looked for reg key in current_user\soft\MS\WNT\CurrVer\Wmesssubsys\profile\*user name*\0a0d020000000000c000000000046 Didn't exist on the server's reg though. Help! Any idea's???? ...

Pictures on Forms
I have a recipe database, with a picture of each recipe stored with each record. I add the picture by right-clicking the OLE frame on the form and inserting it from file. Any reason why, once I reach 57 records, the new pictures suddenly become icons with the picture name displayed, instead of the full picture (as per the previous 56 records)? I haven't change ANYTHING in the program settings, and I do not have the 'display as an icon' box ticked...? On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 09:36:01 -0800, RicM wrote: > I have a recipe database, with a picture of each recipe stored with each...

locked up spread sheet
I am having trouble with my Excel with frontpage. I have used it successfully in the past but now.. when I chose a cell... I cannot enter data into it. When I try to move to another cell, I get the "drag"thing going...where all the cells behind it are highlighted. If I dont try to enter data from the get go... I can get into the task bar...but after I try to enter data...the only way to get out is control alt delete because the only thing that happens is the drag.... anyone have any answers... pleeeaaassssssse thanks Nellie Hi Nellie, Perhaps you have Extended selection on...

HTML Help #2
Hello, I converted a project from VC6 to VS .NET 2003 (umanaged). After the help file gets created, I receive a "Project Error" message (I did not receive any error message with VC6). The help file gets created OK, but the failure message causes VS to stop, and the application never gets compiled/linked. How can I determine what the Help file failure is? Or, how can I bypass the failure, so that VS continues and builds the application? TIA, -Jacques Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'onmconsole', configuration 'Release|Win32'. Compiling HT...

Looking for a golf league scheduling spread sheet for 18 teams of
I had hoped to find an Excel spreadsheet with the ability to take 18 teams and peir them up to play each team in the league 1 time over 18 weeks. I can develope this, but I thought that it would have been done over and over by now. Look here: http://www.golfsoft.com/sports_schedule_templates.htm "ThursdayGolfer" <ThursdayGolfer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:82FC2EC0-0326-4163-9D31-48CBAAB801F5@microsoft.com... >I had hoped to find an Excel spreadsheet with the ability to take 18 teams > and peir them up to play each team in the lea...

Double E-Mails #2
I am recieving double e-mails when people just send me one copy. It is not every time and I can't figure a pattern out. Any Ideas! Thanks for any help, Ryan ...

Insert picture in a comment
Is it possible to insert a picture in the comments? Everytime someone mouses over a comment, I would like the picture of the model number in the cell to show. Even better, I would like to put a formula in the comment to do a lookup in a table and match with the cell and then show the picture. I think creating a hyperlink for every cell will be too time consuming. Or does anyone have any other ideas? Joe Hi Joe AFAIK it is not possible to include formulas or pictures in this comment field. so you would have to develop this kind of shape on your own. I would use a hyperlink to your file in ...

clearing pictures copied from websites
Hello, I posed this question a couple of years ago and someone helped by providing a macro which I unfortunately lost. I often create spreadsheets with prices I copy from pricewatch.com. I want to keep the product image but I want to get rid of the buy now button. I can't delete that row or column - the image remains. Thanks Try rightclicking on that button and hitting the delete key. Boe wrote: > > Hello, > > I posed this question a couple of years ago and someone helped by providing > a macro which I unfortunately lost. I often create spreadsheets with ...

Export to Excel #2
When I export to excel 2007, why do I only get a limit of 10,000 names? Is there a update to fix this issue? Fran - I ran into this a few weeks ago and wrote an internal article - here's the nuts of it: First, the Legal: a) This, or any other direct update of the CRM database, is unsupported. b) You should ensure you have a valid database backup before performing any updates against the database. Solution: Connect to the database server as a user with permissions to update data tables in the organization_MSCRM database. Open SQL Management Studio and create a new Query - sele...

First Occurence #2
I have dates with hours 1/1/03 0:00 through 23:00 (24 per day) for several weeks in column A. Column B has 0 or 1. I want to identify in column C the first occurence of a 1 with a 1 all other occurences with a 0. Thus in column C for any 24 hour period I would have only one 1. I've been trying ifs and ands with day function, but still struggling. Thanks in advance ...

Blocking picture
Hi, Using outlook 2003 windows xp Prof with SP2. Outlook has taken to downloading the picture contained in spam email, I cant seem to stop it! I have gone to Tools/Options/Security/Change Automatic Download Setting and ensured that the don't download pictures or other content automatically in HTML email is ticked.. but outlook keeps downloading the pictures any ideas. dogo See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/bec.htm for an explanation. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide)...

Age Calculation #2
I want to calculate my age in MS Excel Sheet. Is it possible? For example : My birth date is 12-12-1960, today is 26-08-2003. How old am I, today ? I want to insert today's date in cell A1 and my birthdate in cell B1, then what will I write in cell C1 to find out my age? Let me know please. Thanks put your birthday in cell A1 put =TODAY() in cell A2 put =YEARFRAC(A1,A2) done! >-----Original Message----- >I want to calculate my age in MS Excel Sheet. Is it >possible? For example : My birth date is 12-12-1960, today >is 26-08-2003. How old am I, today ? I want to ...

Create Stacked column of multiple values across categories
Current Excel is able to create stacked column bars charts only on a single value across categories, eg, X-axis - Jan, feb, etc, only one stacked bar. Any advise if it is possible to create "stacked colums" comparing "valueS across categories"? (Eg, X-axis - Jan will consite of a few stacked column, feb same few stacked columns, etc) Hi, Links to cluster/stacks can be found here. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy Elynn wrote: > Current Excel is able to create stacked column bars charts only on a single > value across categ...

Badmail folder #2
Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with outlook and they mail messages are just empty, I have even tried renaming to .eml. There are three different extension, which one should I be looking at for email incomming to a bad address, thank you You should be able to open these files in Notepad and check the email header Regards. Philip wrote: > Please can somebody tell me how to read the bounced email > in the badmail folder, I have tried associating them with > outlook and they mail messages are just e...

Print Reconcilliation #2
Is it possible to print a reconcilliation when you are done with it? I could always do this in Quicken but can't see how to do it in Money. Money doesn't have a reconciliation report. This, and many workarounds and near workarounds have been discussed numerous times in the last month or so. (These things come in cycles--this is the cycle for reconciliation report, apparently.) Get more headers or search archives of this group at http://groups.google.com. "Thomas Schiessl" <Schiessl@athenet.net> wrote in message news:319901c37573$1a2d6fa0$a301280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Rounding Up #2
I have cells formatted to time, hh:mm. What I'd like to do is be able to round up the minutes part of this cell to the nearest 10 minutes. So, for example, if the cell has 01:12, this would change to 01:10. If it had 05:19, this would change to 05:20. Any ideas? =ROUND(A1*144,0)/144 -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Neil Greenough" <scrivomc@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:YQBgf.7153$Hm2.6264@fe1.news.blueyonder.co.uk... > I have cells formatted to time, hh:mm. > > What I'd like to do is be able to round up t...

Trace common material in 2 sheets
I have sheet1 and sheet2 both sheets have same data but there are some new material # in sheet1. Problem is when apply Vlookup formula in sheet2 then quantities of new material numbers do not comes because these new materials numbers do not exist in sheet2. Is there any method? To trace new or diff. materials numbers those are exist in sheet1 Regards Zafar Not sure whether I have understood your query correctly. Try the below formula which will lookat Sheet1 and return whether the material # exists in Sheet1 or not...Reoplace the exist comment with your VLOOKUP...

Focus on a picture
Hello all, Last ? for today, I promise. I have a picture in cell A1 and I want the focus to be on the picture, not the cell it occupies when the workbook opens. Is this possible? -S I figured out how to do this with the following code: Sub Workbook_Open() Set myDocument = Worksheets(1) myDocument.Shapes("Picture 1").Select End Sub I had to first give a name to the picture from Insert Menu: <Insert> <Name> <Define> -S "Scientific" wrote: > Hello all, > > Last ? for today, I promise. > > I have a picture in cell A1 and ...

Master Posting
I am new to GP - I have entered about 10 transactions in the Sales Transaction Entry, and posted each one of them. After entering/posting, I realized I had made a couple of mistakes. Somehow - in looking for the solution to how to correct the mistakes, the 'Master Posting' was deleted. So, I have receivables showing the enteries I made, but I can not post to them all the other accounts that need to be posted to by using the 'Master Posting' function. Is there some way to delete the posted transactions, or alternatively, 'manually' do the master posting on the...

viewing page spreads
Creating a newsletter. Currently I can only view pages in two page spreads. Is there any way to view a full spread of multiple page newsletters? Rachel After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Rachel <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Creating a newsletter. Currently I can only view pages > in two page spreads. Is there any way to view a full > spread of multiple page newsletters? In Publisher 2002 and 2003 you can use the Print Preview to accompish this. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ B...

Reinstalling Money 2005 #2
Hi -- I purchased Money 2005 on CD as a promo thing with tax software (I think it was 2-3 years ago). Unfortunately, I recently re-formatted and re-installed everything on my computer, and discovered that I have since managed to lose the installation CD. I tried downloading the trial copy and opening up my files, but since I didn't purchase it with a Passport, it doesn't upgrade it to a regular version. Is there any way to get a new copy, or do I need to purchase the current version at this point? Thanks! Karena The latter is probably the path of least resistance. Please bu...

Picture in Footer
We want to print on every page a company's logo in the footer (EPS, JPEG, ...). This is possible in MSWord, but seems us not to be possible in MSExcel. Thanks, Jan Jan, This is possible in Excel 2002, but not earlier versions. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel www.cpearson.com chip@cpearson.com "Jan Decroos" <jan.decroos@groepvanroey.be> wrote in message news:1c1001c37391$affd96b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > We want to print on every page a company's logo in the footer (EPS, > JPEG, ...). > This is possible in MSWord, but seems us not to be ...

View Pictures in emails
How can I make the attached pictures in incoming and outgoing emails viewable in the email? Right now all pictures that I get in my emails come like any other attachments - I have to save them in order to view them. Is it possible to view the attached messages in the email I know in Outlook Express you can do it, I just can't find anything about this in Outlook's Help. I would really appreciate if someone helped me with this issue. Thanks in advance, Kamran In Outlook 2003 click Tools | Options | Security and click 'Change Automatic Download Settings'. If an e-mail...