Splitting a cell within a table

I'm attempting to split a cell within a table.  I click within the cell that
I want to split and then click Table but "split cells" is grayed out.  Please
assist.

Thanks.

Anthony
0
Anthony2219 (255)

You can only split previously merged cells.
"Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm attempting to split a cell within a table.  I click within the cell
> that
> I want to split and then click Table but "split cells" is grayed out.
> Please
> assist.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Anthony

0
Chuck

creating forms with multiple tables
I have Access 2002, I created two tables, one that has all our customer information and the other will put in information pertaining to services rendered on a customers' pc. My question is, I created a form combining these two tables. I did it all as one form instead of using a sub form. When I go to the form to start entering information it will allow me to add the information for the customer but not the information for the computer. The table with the customer information has all the information in it, the table that will have the computer information gets added as the forms ...

Excel 2007: Sort by Cell Color
Hi, I have Excel 2007 with a fairly new computer and 2gb of RAM. When I try to sort a spreadsheet by cell color, the program locks up and I have to quit. There are 46000 records in the sheet - I understand this is a big ask for the computer but with 2gb of RAM it should be able to do it. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can make this work better? Thanks. I hadn't tried sorting by color (cell fill color) before (new XL2007 feature) so I created a 46000 row by 3 column 'database' with two fill colors in the first column. It sorted in less than 5 seconds on a les...

Pivot tables Excel 2007
After making a connection to a cube, and the Pivot table boxes show up in Excel - all my Dimensions show up UN-collapsed - and there seems to be no easy way to collapse them all at once. Does anyone know how to collapse them at start up or collapse all ? Does anyone have a solution to this? When you have a cube with 30 dimensions and all the attributes are expanded - it's scroll hell trying to find things. Is there any way to make all the dimensions all be collapsed? "Joe" <hortoristic@gmail.dot.com> wrote in message news:0A03019E-4540-407D-8588-0FC0D238957F@mi...

Split tasks a splitting headache
Inherited another Project IMS. I am noticing right off that the previous scheduler has been starting tasks without their FS preds completing. Yeah, it does show up as a spit bar in the gantt chart. But, does anyone know a way to filter out just task that started before predecessor completion? I'm dealing with several thousand lines. Thanks. -- trailerpup ------------------------------------------------------------------------ trailerpup's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/116596.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/microsoft-project/1290853.htm ...

Pivot table/chart
Is there a way to categorize data by named ranges of the column headings rather than individual column headings? Excell will not allow me to group the data. I need to be able to pivot between certain ranges rather than eliminate or add one column at a time. Or perhaps someone can suggest a different way to do it. I need to create 1 chart to pivot between the first 5, 7, 9 and 11 data columns. ...

Table-data transformation
I would like to take data from 3 different columns of data and recombine to a different format in another column. The original data is a series of numerical and text codes. first column, second column, third column 12,30,1245CF I would like the new column to contain the data in this form: 12-30-1245CF Can this transformation be automated? Can I set up a form to just collect the individual numbers and make the table transform them to this new form and unique identifier (key) ??? Or perhaps the form transforms and puts the data in the table. I need the data in both formats and don't wan...

How to randomly split a whole dataset into two sub-dataset?
Hi, At your possible convenience, might anyone please kindly answer my question? Thank you very much. How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Thank you very much. Please take care Caroline zencaroline <zencaroline@gmail.com> writes: > How to "RANDOMLY" split the whole data set (n=2000) into two sub > dataset (n=1000; n=1000) in SPSS or Excel? Create a new variable whose value is randomly distributed. Sort the data on this variable. Take the first 1000 cases ...

Unwanted replicated split screen
I know I could re-install excell but before I do, is there anyone here who can help me disable a setting that I have no idea how it came about. I can only describe it as 2 identical execl grids on the same worksheet. Accompanying image will show you. Help. Thanks. +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: excel_display_duplication.GIF | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3855 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -- BoyLeroy -----------------------------------...

how to copy cells data in every 7th row?
Hi, I have a column of data from A2 to A65000 and I am only interested in every 7th data point (e.g. A2, A9, A16....). Is there a way to get those selected points and store them in the next column (B) consecutviely (b1, b2, b3, b4, ...)? Thanks, Jeff Jeff, Sub Get7() Dim outrng As Range Dim i As Long Set outrng = Range("b1") Lastrow=cells(rows.count,1).end(xlup).row For i = 2 To lastrow Step 7 outrng = Cells(i, 1) Set outrng = outrng.Offset(1, 0) Next i End Sub HTH "Jeff" wrote: > Hi, > I have a column of data from A2 to A65000 and I am only interes...

PDF icon in calculated cells
I have a calculated column and a PDF icon has appeared. If I delete the contents of the cells, the PDF icon remains. How can I delete the PDF icon? Right click on the icon and select cut from the popup menu. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "Texas Bald Eagle" <Texas Bald Eagle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEBE1E3D-762B-43DE-8A60-99A86F8A8A20@microsoft.com... > I have a calculated column and a PDF icon has appeared. If I delete the > contents of the cells, the PDF icon remains. How can I delete the PDF icon? ...

Can't find my Front End Folder after database split
I just split my database base to allow for ease of use for multiple users. Ererything, it seemed, went smoothly until i try to find the fron-end folder. It is nowhere to be found. Should it be label ****_fe.mbd like the back end? Please help. Thaanks. It will be called that, unless you typed something else in the save as dialog. I thought it ended up in the same folder as the backend after splitting. Easiest way is to go back to the original and split it again, this time take note of where you save it before you press the button. Jeanette Cunningham "Joe" <Joe@discussi...

Count Cells in a particular row w/ text
Hi, Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any text in them what so ever? Hi, =Counta(A1:A100), will count cells that are not blank if this helps please click yes, thanks "wotanthewanderer@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way I can total up all the cells in a range which have any > text in them what so ever? > Try this: =COUNTIF(A1:A10,"*") That counts TEXT only, ignores numbers. =COUNTA(A1:A10) That will count all non-empty cells regardless of data type. -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP <wotanthewanderer@gmail.c...

Why is my text hidden behind other cells?
I changed my text to be 90 degrees. When I type, the text only shows in that box. I cannot make it appear OVER the other cells. I need to learn how to 'bring it to front'... if that makes sense. HELP! I don't think you can. The only ways to show all the text would be to either increase the height to the row or merge some cells together. -- Ian -- "dANA" <dANA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:694DF522-46B4-4D66-A1F9-08469E5A7C50@microsoft.com... >I changed my text to be 90 degrees. When I type, the text only shows in >that > box....

cells
Ok im trying to grab names from one cell to transfer to another cell on a different sheet but when I do the = and click on the cell that I want the information to come from it just places a 0 in that cell and no text. I changed the cell to make sure the properties are in text format but that didn't work, when I start a completly new worksheet it works! Ok anyone know what im talking about ;-0 Nick ...

Display Data On Split Form
Not sure how to ask this but here goes. In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value that will show regardless of the row I select in the datasheet. This is the number of vacation days one will have through-out the year and of course it changes as vacations days get used up. Any help will be appreciated, James "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:6A4DFFD9-3302-4A10-B51A-153373D266FD@microsoft.com... > Not sure how to ask this but here goes. > In AC 2007 I have a split form that I want to display a value > that will show regardl...

Split data into new sheets
I have a (very) long list, sorted by account code. I would like to write a macro that splits the list into separate sheets in the workbook, with a separate sheet for each account code. Ideally, I would also like to rename each sheet to show which account code the sheet contains. I have no idea, though, where to start. Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Hi bernard How many different accounts are in the list (more or less than 250)??? below some code that I use to split files by account numbers where the user has to select a cell within the column that contains the account number... Hope thi...

How can I separate items from one cell into two?
-- bootsy here's two ideas 1) use data / text to columns 2) use a formula such as =LEFT(A1,3) or =RIGHT(A1,4) if you'ld like more assistance please post back with additional details and type out two or three examples of your data. Cheers JulieD "Bootsy" <Bootsy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:14CF8AC7-AF0E-47E3-8B04-E3C95A9ADEF5@microsoft.com... > > -- > bootsy Peo Sjoblom wrote: <NOTHING>! http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordo...

Safe way to check what is in a cell
Hello, I am writing an application that is supposed to parse a spreadsheet file into individual files dependent on what is in the first column. Each block of rows with the same numeric string or number is used to create a new file, i.e. a change iin number signals end of a file. Lines with anything else are to be ignored. For this reason, I need to check the first column for one of the following: 1. A string of numerals, f.ex. "014" 2. A number, f.ex. 610 3. #N/A 4. Blank 5. Anything else So, I need a safe way to tell if I have either 1 or 2, or one of the rest. I have code that ...

Totalling seperate cells from a HLOOKUP function
is it possible to sum the product of 2 or more cells, 1 cell being the result of a HLOOKUP function, without creating a third cell for individual results? Here is my problem: Row A contains a list of different locations Row B contains wether the delivery has failed or completed Row C contains the quantity of items on Invoice Is there a formula I can use to have the total quantity from all of the failed deliveries for that day? As the failed delivery locations may vary from day to day, I cannot just total those cells from each location I have tried this formula, but it re...

copying content of cell into other cells casually
I preparing about 3000 tickets for an Italian tombola. A row of 15 randomly chosen different numbers from 1 to 90 (e.g. 8, 20, 22, 34, 40, 43, 51, 55, 62, 72, 74, 84, 85, 90) needs to go nicely into a table quite casually. The table (three rows high and ten columns long) which are the tickets that will be sold at the tombola will look like the following: | | | 20 | | 40 | | 62 | | 84 | | | | 22 |34 | 43 | 51 | 63 | 72 | 85 | | 8 | | | | | 55 | | 74 | 90 | Numbers needs to be in these columns as players can see easily if they have go...

split column
I have a column of data in the following format column A John B. Smith What I want to do is split this column into three separate column so that it will appear as below Column B Column C Column D John B. Smith. Is there a formula that can help me do this. TIA Tlee, If all the names follow the same format (you don't say), you can use Data - Text to columns, using a space as the separator. Make sure that the columns to the right are empty before you start. -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ---------------------------...

How to pick a specific cell within a macro .... ??
I receive spreadsheets with data from a number of different sources, in different formats, but with essentially the same type of information. I need to name about 5 ranges for my macro, but each range begins in a different cell reference i.e. one range from one source may start at A4, whereas the other source may have the same data beginning at B2. I would like to tell my analysis spreadsheet which specific cell to start in to name the data range. Is there anyway of doing this? What would be ideal would be some little message saying "Select the cell containing the f...

all long column of cells equal to whatever I put in B2
For some reason I am getting nowhere trying to do a very simple thing. I have a column with many of the cells for a long stretch that I want to be equal to whatever number I put in B2. As I'm building this spreadsheet, it seems to me that it should be a very simple matter to "tell" all those cells to just be equal to whatever is in B2, they using format painter, etc.,.... they don't copy "=B2" part of the previous cells, but instead just copy whatever the number is .... which means that when I change the number in B2, it won't change them. Any ideas? th...

Count cells in range that restarts at intervals
I have a table like this: Row Name Y/N? No. of Y 1 Adam Y 1 2 Adam Y 2 3 Adam N 2 4 Adam N 2 1 Brian Y 1 2 Brian N 1 3 Brian N 1 4 Brian Y 2 Is there a formula I can put for "No. of Y" that counts the no. of times "Y" appears for Adam from the first "Adam" row up to the current row? The counting should restart for Brian and not accumulate from Adam's total. Note that the starting point for each person is when "Row" = 1. Can a pivot table help? The -- is a double unary minus which forces the Sumproduct function to Convert True and False answ...

row fields in pivot tables
I was wondering if you could answer a question about formating information on Pivot Table spreadsheets in Excel. You know how one can alloacte column headings in the pivot table layout to either Page , Row, Column, or Data. Well, when you assign more than one column heading to Row it creates a hierarchy of levels on different rows. How does one get it not to do this so you can have this information on the same row? Please reply when you get a chance. Thank you. Best Wishes, Saeed I don't think you can and still keep it a pivottable. I copy the sheet and then fix that up the w...