Splitting a cell within a table

I'm attempting to split a cell within a table.  I click within the cell that
I want to split and then click Table but "split cells" is grayed out.  Please
assist.

Thanks.

Anthony
0
Anthony2219 (255)

You can only split previously merged cells.
"Anthony" <Anthony@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm attempting to split a cell within a table.  I click within the cell
> that
> I want to split and then click Table but "split cells" is grayed out.
> Please
> assist.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Anthony

0
Chuck

Headers based on Cell Values
I would like to have my header variable based upon the value of certai cells. If there is a way to do this without VBA, that would be the best way However, if it is only in VBA, then that is what I will have to do -- kralj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- kraljb's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=995 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27791 Hi not possible without VBA. You have to use the BeforePrint event of your workbook. So try putting the following type of code in your wo...

CM logical tables checklinks
When posting a transaction in Bank Transaction Entry today, we received the following message: An unexpected error occurred while posting this transaction. Use the Check Links window to check links on the CM (Bank Reconciliation) logical tables. We ran check links for the CM Setup and CM Transaction, but when we go to post the transaction, we receive the same message again. Does anyone have any thoughts on what else could be done to allow this to post? Thanks, Dan Dan, Have you ran a DEXSQL.LOG file yet? 1) Exit GP 2) Open Windows Explorer and locate the DEX.INI file. It will be ...

How can I retrieve the format of a cell?
Dear all, A cell A1 is conditionally formatted so that it is either red (FF0000), green (00FF00) or blue (0000FF). May I know if I can write a function for another cell B1 such that it shows a word "RED" if A1 is red, a word "BLUE" if A1 is blue and a word "GREEN" if A1 is green? Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Chris You can use programming to determine the colour. Chip Pearson has instructions on his web site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CFColors.htm Chris wrote: > Dear all, > > A cell A1 is conditionally formatted so that it ...

Pivot Tables as Data Source
Does anyone know how to create a Pivot Table with multiple Pivot Tables as it's source? The source Pivot Tables retrieve data from different locations and are structured in the same way as each other, with the same dimensions - I would like to produce a summary Pivot Table. Thanks Stephen ...

Merge Cell Problem
I have created a new worksheet which is very basic with no formulas. I want to merge some cells however the Merge' button on the tool bar is grey'd out. It does not function. I have never come across this before and do not know how to fix. Does anyone have any suggestions please. Any reply appreciated. Les Jetrascal Sounds like your worksheet is protected. Check tools>Protection, if there is an option to "Unprotect" you have a protected worksheet. You need to have an unprotected sheet to make this kind of change. Another option rather than merging ...

copy and pasting in 5000 records referencing cells
I have a file that is 5000 records long. example Column A Column B namea nameb namec Transit number associated with (a,b,c) What I want is to have transit number appear in Column a beside each of the individuals. The issue is the transit number is different for all 5000 records some may have 5 per transit number and others just 3 and some have 7 depending on size of the branch. Is there a formula to populate this without copy and pasting in each cell? thanks Yes "Fawn Lagi...

Delete an image from the cell
Delete an image from the cell Hi I am transforming html report content (which is generated using XML and XSLT) into Excel wroksheet. I opened the excel file and delete the image from the cell but the excel does not allow to delete an image. I could not able to find the properties of the cell. How could i delete the image from the cell? Thanks Yuva. Cells can contain constants, formulae, or errors. They cannot contain images/shapes. Images exist in the drawing layer above the sheet, and can be accessed via the shapes or pictures collection. In article <B6561E41-1068-477B-99E3-A...

Auto update of Pivot table
C. Pearson's website includes VBA code for automatically updating a Pivot table upon opening the worksheet. Does the code need to be inserted in "This Workbook" or set up as a Module? Hi, I believe it needs to be in a module and the calling macro named "Auto_open"; (you can use "Auto_Close" also to clean up if needed.) jeff >-----Original Message----- >C. Pearson's website includes VBA code for automatically >updating a Pivot table upon opening the worksheet. Does >the code need to be inserted in "This Workbook" or set up &...

Excel Pivot Table Refresh Question
Hi, I hope there is someone that can help me with another question regarding refreshing Pivot tables I have a spreadsheet with: -Some worksheets storing lookup information and a data input sheet -A worksheet containing pivot tables showing results from the input and lookup sheets -A report worksheet with a summary of the data using Vlookup on the Pivot tables worksheet, and performing additional calculations on this pivot table derived data. Whenever someone uses the report worksheet the data should be refreshed from the Pivot tables as this is going to be a shared workbook with possibly onl...

Custom Cell Formatting #2
Okay, I know you can enter in @*- in the custom formatting for continued dashes across the cell, Invoice--------- but what if I want dashes on both side of the text? For example, ----------Invoice---------- Can this be done in the custom format or do I have to manually enter in all the dashes? Any help is much appreciated. Corey Corey I don't know of a format that will do this. If you have a great whack of these to do you could enter a few dashes in a cell by itself, say A1 has ------- Assuming Column B contains Invoice or any other non-custom formatted text. In C1 enter =$...

Transfer cell data from one worksheet to another === URGENT
bello ALL, I do I transfer a cell data from one worksheet in Workbook A to another cell in another worksheet in Workbook B. Thanks, Raj Please stay in your thread You have an answer there already -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "rajesh" <rajesh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DFD6622-7C55-4E29-9D2A-7E3F7B4BD2DC@microsoft.com... > bello ALL, > > I do I transfer a cell data from one worksheet in Workbook A to > another cell in another worksheet in Workbook B. > > Thanks, Raj ...

Form creates unwanted rows in table
I've created an asset database which keeps track of computers, laptops etc. There is one company which has many departments and every department has many rooms. (surprise, surprise) There are four tables: tables Department and Asset and two "middle" tables DepartmentRoom and AssetRoom. The table structures are as follows: DEPARTMENT id name dep_type dep_num etc... ASSET id name a_type ip_num vendorID serial_num etc... DEPARTMENTROOM id name depID (foreign key to department) ASSETROOM id assetID (foreign key to asset) roomID (foreign key to depa...

losing date format when referencing date cell on another sheet and
I need to reference a date cell in another sheet in my workbook. I select the cell that needs to display the referenced content. Then in the formula bar I type = . Then I move to the sheet containing the cell I want to reference. I select this cell and then click the green checkmark next to the formula bar. The desired date value now shows up in my display cell in the correct format. But I need to add text to this cell. Now my display date loses its format and becomes a plane number. Here is my reference =Sheet1!B15 Here is what I want to do = "(" & She...

Search within a single cell for a character
Using VBA I want an If/Then statement to search within a single cell (D59) to find if the ":" (colon character) exists after the fourth character. If not "Then: Wrong = True" In an adjacent worksheet cell I could just enter =iserr(find(":",D59,4)) and if the result is True then I know it doesn't exist. How do I write this in VBA? If Instr(5, Range("D59"), ":") > 0 then Wrong = True "AZSteve" wrote: > Using VBA I want an If/Then statement to search within a single cell (D59) to > find if the ":&...

No page #s appear on 1st 2 pgs after section split in Pub2K3
After creating a section split in Pub2K3, the first 2 pages of the new section do not show page numbers, although the master page has the "#" sign on it. All other subsequent pages display the page number in the correct order . . . what gives? You have to insert page numbers on both the left and right. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "GPSIS" <GPSIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFB52036-7845-428C-98BB-361744742551@microsoft.com... > After creating a section split in P...

pivot table filters
Hi, I have a pivot table and i would like to clear the filters because everytime new data comes into the pivot table, in the filter is displayed results from previous data in the pivot table. I have tried to 'clear filters' but this doesn't seem to work, is there another way? thanks Hi Take a look at http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot04.html -- Regards Roger Govier "Dal" <Dal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3740113F-223B-4594-ACD9-54AA9E6A1A8E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a pivot table and i would like to clear the filters b...

WORD: Table of Contents with latin numeration
If have got a document dividedin sections. The first sections use latin page numbering and the rest normal arabic numbering. For each section this is working all fine. The only trouble appears when I create the TOC. The reference to the page numbers of those sections that use latin page numbering appears with arabic numbering. THe example will surely clarify the problem: It appears as ****************** Table of contents..................................2 Foreword ...................................4 Summary ...........................................5 1 Introduction ......................

Resize the Data table in the Pivot chart.
I have a prepared a chart where there are count of 15-20 items displayed in the chart and I have also shown the data table for the same. But the data table do not fit in all teh 15-20 items. Could some one help in with a method where I can fit all the data in the data table along with the chart. Earliest help much appreciate. Regars GS Hi, You have very little control of data tables - your only solutions are to make the font size smaller, and to enlarge the entire chart. I recommend you place the equivalent of a data table below the chart, in the spreadsheet, where you have 100% contro...

Update table with data from rows with previous dates from specifie
I need to update a table where if a row contains a specified stat value I need to change a date value to the date value of a row with the same subID but a different stat value. My primary question would be if I need a cursor to perform this operation or if it can be done without a cursor (Sql Server 2000 Tsql please). In the sample data below if a stat value is in ('A', 'E', 'U') I need to update that row - I need to update the date2 column with a date1 value from the closest row with the same subID but the stat is in ('N', 'R') and ...

update check box fields in the table using array based on certain value
One of my table has _Ct values and I want to update other relevant fields in the same table ( basically check box) with ‘yes’ or ‘no’ depending on the _ct values. Can some one show me how I can do this in Access and correct the following logic? Public Const ct = "H1_Ct H3_Ct H5a_Ct H5b_Ct RP_Ct swInfA_Ct swH1_Ct" Public Const test = "H1_Tested H3_Tested H5a_Tested H5b_Tested RP_Tested” Public Const result = "H1_Result H3_Result H5a_Result H5b_Result RP_Result" Dim objDB As DAO.Database Dim mytbl As DAO.Recordset Set objDB = CurrentDb() Set myt...

Highlight rows with certain condition in some cells
I want to highlight every row that has a certain word in one column and a different word in another column of the same row. How do I do this? SteveK Here's a great site to learn about conditional formatting :) http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/condfmt.htm -- davesexcel ------------------------------------------------------------------------ davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=31708 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=520844 "SteveK" wrote: > I want to highlight every row that h...

My Pivot Table ??????????????
Hi All, I have a pivot table in excel which it datas comes from a database. I've just perform user level security wizard to my db. The user level security wizard causes my pivot table unable to to connect/read data from the database.How to solve this problem? It sends me error message when trying to pen my excel pivot: "[Microsoft][[ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]Record(s) cannot be read ;No read permission on 'Pivot Excel" Hope somebody would like to help." Regards, shiro Well it looks like you should give the user the reading rights in your user level securit...

Setting a cell to not go below an X value, or above a Y value
Hey, This may be very easy to do, but I just don't have a clue, I've look a most excel variables and they just seem to choose MIN and MAX fro columns or tables. What I want to do is I've got the sum adding up say cells A2 and A3 i cell A4. I want cell A4 to never go below 80, or above 200. (Formula in cell A would be =SUM(A2:A3)) Anyone think they can help -- Snake ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Snakey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2785 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

How to make the cursor stay in the cell when entering data.
I do not want the cursor to go to the cell immediately below the cell I have entered data in. I want the cursor to stay in the cell. Tools > Options > Edit > Uncheck Move selection after entry > OK HTH Regards, Howard "Comet" <Comet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B6EF27C0-4F12-4E72-9FAE-93B79515AB1F@microsoft.com... >I do not want the cursor to go to the cell immediately below the cell I >have > entered data in. I want the cursor to stay in the cell. Tools - Options - Edit tab - uncheck the box "Move selecti...

Excel 2002 : How to eliminate _ before a cell address in a formula
Hi, I am working on a report generated by a business system In Excel Format. The table in the Excel file is a Sub Total Table that is expandable. I need to manipulate on the data of the expanded table, however noted that the formula below could not work as I copy downwards. The second and third argument of the formula is fixed by "_" before the cell address E17 and D17. =IF(LEFT(P10,1)="5",_E17,-_D27) Also I find that when I move the cursor to the cell for the 2nd and 3rd argument, the resulting cell address that appears in the formula is not the...