spell checker is not finding spelling errors, any suggestions?

Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed its
review.  Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the
spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words.  I am thinking
that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any
dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own.  Any suggestions?

Spellbound wrote:
> Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has
> completed its review.  Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in
> order to test the spell checker, and it is not finding these
> mis-spelled words.  I am thinking that spell checker is not being
> pointed to the right dictionary, or any dictionary, but I can't seem
> to troubleshoot this on my own.  Any suggestions?

And are we to guess what version of Publisher you are running...?
lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
10/22/2004 8:25:01 PM
PUB2002: Spelling Checker Misses Misspelled Words
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;322088
PUB2000: Enhancements and Bug Fixes in SR-1
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;255526

--
Mary Sauer MS MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"Spellbound" <Spellbound@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed its
> review.  Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the
> spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words.  I am thinking
> that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any
> dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own.  Any suggestions?

0
gsauer (5094)
10/22/2004 8:38:50 PM
Could it be that the words you've mispelled actually spell words?

stop - pots
rats - star
cat - act

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Darned ADD reduces inhibitions.)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Spellbound" <Spellbound@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed
> its
> review.  Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the
> spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words.  I am
> thinking
> that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any
> dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own.  Any
> suggestions?

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/23/2004 12:17:45 AM
For the record, a word spelled incorrectly is misspelled.

Mike

JoAnn Paules wrote:
> Could it be that the words you've mispelled actually spell words?
>
> stop - pots
> rats - star
> cat - act
>
> (Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Darned ADD reduces inhibitions.)

0
wordwiz (948)
10/23/2004 2:22:30 AM
ROTFLMAO!!! Perhaps I should turn spell check on?

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mike Koewler" <wordwiz@fuse.net> wrote in message
> For the record, a word spelled incorrectly is misspelled.
>
> Mike
>
> JoAnn Paules wrote:
>> Could it be that the words you've mispelled actually spell words?
>>
>> stop - pots
>> rats - star
>> cat - act
>>
>> (Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Darned ADD reduces inhibitions.)

---

jl_amerson (3088)
10/23/2004 2:27:30 AM
JoAnn Paules wrote:
> Could it be that the words you've mispelled actually spell words?
>
> stop - pots
> rats - star
> cat - act
>
> (Sorry, I couldn't help myself. Darned ADD reduces inhibitions.)

JoAnn! As an English major, that first sentence is an affront! It makes
absolutely no sense whatsoever! ;o) <eg>
lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)
10/23/2004 6:38:15 AM
Mike Koewler wrote:
> For the record, a word spelled incorrectly is misspelled.
>
> Mike

Good catch Mikey! ;o) Two 'Ss' otherwise it's 'mi-spelled'. And no, it does
*NOT* require a hyphen!

lose his marbles?

0
misstick (379)

Where do I find these "special papers?"
Some of the design sets in Publisher call for "special papers", ie green marble & acropolis. How do I find these papers? They are from PaperDirect. You buy the paper with that design printed on them - you don't print it. http://www.paperdirect.com/ -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Susan" <Susan @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6EBF697C-D980-4886-AE56-2642D7BB3247@microsoft.com... > Some of the design sets in Publisher call for "special papers", ie green > marble & acropolis. How do I find these papers?...

A how to, just can't find the answer anywhere! Please help me!!
Okat, a spreadsheet with two tabs. Let's say tab one has | UID | DOB | NOSE SIZE | (for example), tab 2 has |UID| No of Ears | Nose hair | I would like to take duplicates where UID is the same out of tabs 1 and 2 and put into a new tab with | UID | DOB | No of ears | Nose hair | so third tab has all people from tab one and two which exist in both and a cross section of information from tab 1 and 2. Have I confused anyone?!? Thank you all because you're bound to be much cleverer than I is. You should be abole to adapt this Public Sub ProcessData() Const COL_TAB1_UID As String...

spelling script
Hi Guys, I'm trying to write a small spelling script that will do the following: Read a word from a text file: show it to the user then needs to type it without any spelling mistake if OK, he gets the next word in the text file if not than he needs to type the word again until he gets it right. Can any one help me with this ? Cheers, Simon "Type each word as it appears then hit enter. Type quit to exit." foreach ($word in (get-content words.txt)) { $correct = $false do { $answer = Read-Host $word if ($answer -ceq $word) {$correct = $true} if ($answer -eq &...

Spell Check preferences?
Hi all, I have a user that is having problems with spell checking in Office 2004. When I set office up I did a full install with proofing tools, etc. The user is running OS 10.4.1. Here is the problem: spell checking never works unless he manually sets it up (he has to got through the tools->language & uncheck "do not check spelling or grammar..") routine for every single document he creates. My question is: Is there a way to set this to default for all documents? Thanks, burn01 jacobbehrnes@gmail.com I'm guessing you're talking about Word here. In Word, go to F...

Error Message on Startup
Since I upgraded to Norton Internet Security 2004, every time I start Outlook I get an error message upon logon. Then, starting it is OK. Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.4510.0, faulting module skchui.dll, version 1.0.1038.0, fault address 0x00030a63. What's the problem, folks? ...

Spell check anomaly
When I REPLY to a message, WLM always checks the spelling on the original message even though I have selected the option to ignore the original text in a reply. What gives? Is that a bug in WLM? Tom If you save a message to Drafts or an EML file or open while in the Outbox, that will happen since it lost track of what was original and what was new. Or is this happening when you just start a new reply? If so are you interspersing your reply with the original message? Or using stationery? -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Tom Brown" <Bu...

MSGPDocumentExchange (DX) Errors after installing Integration with Great Plains
I am getting MSGPDocumentExchange (DX) Errors after installing Integration with Great Plains. My application log contains 3 messages, all pertaining to errors (An Information, Error, and Warning message). The errors continue to repeat and fill up the Application Log. Any ideas how to fix? Please email me at "ivan AT kairoscorp DOT com". The errors are as follows: INFORMATION Event Type: Information Event Source: MSGPDocumentExchange Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 9/1/2004 Time: 11:26:02 AM User: N/A Computer: NU Description: An exception was thrown from Doc...

Date Change and other OS-errors. XP or RMS?
Since upgrading to RMS 1.3 we have encountered some really strange errors. The last one is the best. Right in the middle of the day, yesterday, ONE of our computers changed its own date from 12/30/06 to 12/15/06. Both dates showed up in the journal and the incorrect dates printed on several receipts. Today, one of our computers changed its own date to 12/31/2007. I KNOW no one changed it. Please, no jokes about the Y2K06 bug. Unless they're really funny. Anyone else seeing anything like this happen since the 1.3 upgrade? All our machines are running XP Pro with automatic update t...

OUTLOOK ERROR 550
HI all, I am using Microsoft Outlook XP and I m getting the following error: "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: FW: Mailing Sent: 9/15/2004 2:21 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'manoj_singh13@hotmail.com' on 9/15/2004 2:21 PM 550 not local host hotmail.com, not a gateway" Thanx in advance Strangy....? strangy <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am using Microsoft Outlook XP and I m getting the > following error: > "Your message did not ...

Find if a Form is Open
If this is not the correct newsgroup please direct my to the right one. I'm extending a legacy application at my work and I've created a macro that perform a specific task, there are two different forms that can call this macro, only one of them will be open at the moment the macro is called, for the macro to perform his task the first query of the macro needs a ID number from one of the forms. So is there a way to test which one of the forms are open? Something like: case when IsOpen(Forms.Form1) then Forms.Form1.ID when IsOpen(Forms.Form2) then Forms.Form2.ID end as ...

search did not find all such emails
When I did a search of emails for "invitation" the search did not find all such emails. I tried again, and same results. Why did the OE search function fail to find emails with the word "invitation" included in the subject? So is the search function typically unreliable? Jack How did you perform the search? Try Edit | Find Message and not Find message in this folder. steve "Jack B" <jslimp01nospam@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:e9JuJnGlKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > When I did a search of emails for "invitatio...

find cell that has compability issues
I am having a compability issue with going back to 97-2003 for my palm pilot Is there a way to find out what cell is he culprit so I can look and make necessary corrections to avoid a problem Eric ...

formula error
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel =COUNTIF(DIARY!$I$2:$I$3068,1) <br> The above formula does not automatically update to increase the range of cells as new data is being added to sheet diary. How do I correct this. Also the sheet has over 200 items. Do I have to correct the formula for each cell or is it possible to correct the range in all at one go? <br> Thanks You need to format the range as either a List or a Dynamic Range. A List is simpler. See the Excel Help topic "Create a list". For Dynamic Ranges, see here: ...

spell check #9
The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it up , if that is what needs to be done. Teri wrote: > The spell check is not working. I click on it an nothing > happens. No errors messages. I don't know how to set it > up , if that is what needs to be done. And what version of Outlook are you running? ...

i couldn't open my excel files,it gives location couldn't find err
Hi, i am trying to open my excel files but it gives me the following error: "If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the file menu,make sure that the file has not been renamed,moved of deleted." But if i renamed the same file to some other name then it works.so please tell me how can i fix this problem. Thanks & Regards, Hozefa How are you trying to open the file? Are you double clicking on it in windows explorer? Or are you using File|Open and choosing the file? Or are you using File, then clicking on one of the files at ...

cyclic redundancy error in outlook?
i had this error once before and had to revert back to a .pst file that was 2 years old (my bad for not backing up my data). well, a year later it has happened again. it is totalling screwing up my outlook. is there any way to repair/fix this file? what is causing this? we normally always leave our computer on. it is on 24 hours a day with outlook running. both times that this problem has happened is after we have shut down our computer before going away on vacation. the problem appeared both times right after we returned and booted up the computer. thoughts? What is the exa...

Outlook/Word Email Editor Reply error
When using Word as your email editor I receive a message stating "Title: Microsoft Office Outlook (Message: Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead) I was running a beta version of Office prior to this and that's the only thing i can recall. I have since then done a total uninstall of any office component and a full reinstall to see that the problem still exists. I've tried reregistering word with a winword /r. I've tried r...

run time error
When I attempt to import a text file (.txt) in to Access, an error occurs. Run-time error �3163�: The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data When I click the Debug button this pops up: .Fields("TranType").Value = rs("MoveType").Value A different error occurs when save it to my desktop, and this is what happens.Run-time error �2185�: You can�t reference a property or method for a control unless the control has the focus. When I click the Debug button this pops up: MsgBox "Import File Not Found:&quo...

Print Driver / Error
Hi I have played around with the winddk and built the xpsdrv sample. all works fine and no errors while compiling. installed correct as printer. but if you want to print something on it, it just says in the spooler window "Error - Printing". What can I do? whats wrong? Can somebody help me :( ? I'm using the latest winddk & vista. thanks, martin ...

Memory error when you open excel files from network
Hi please help me... Anyone!! I have a shared folder containg lots of excel spreadsheets. The machiune that shares this folder has a problem opening the files. However, mt machine and a few other can open them fine. The error message is 'Microsoft excel cannot open any more documents because the is not enough memory or disk scace'. I know the HDD space and memory isnt an issue because there is loads spare. The error normally appears after you open about 6 spreadsheets after you map the drive. If you disconnect the network drive and re-connect it, it will then open another 6...

Finding/Removing Duplicate Numbers In A Column ?
Hi, I have a long list of numbers in a column. How would I determine if there are duplicates, and "flag" them ? How would I remove all the duplicates in a single, perhaps, step ? Thanks, B. See http://cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm In article <36idnf4-o6alGPTYnZ2dnUVZ_rydnZ2d@comcast.com>, "Robert11" <rgsros@notme.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I have a long list of numbers in a column. > > How would I determine if there are duplicates, and "flag" them ? > > How would I remove all the duplicates in a single, perhaps, ste...

Unknown Error
I have seen this issue before but cannot find the answer. I have run 1.3 with a Star TSP100 at two different stores for about 6 months. Now at one location I am receiving an "Unknown Error" message when I ring up customers...not every transaction but several times a day. At the other store--no problems. The only difference is the type of cash drawer. Anyone ever found a solution for this issue? Thanks This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0451_01C70A44.DF648830 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quot...

Find and Replace #5
Hi All, Happy New Year to everyone!!! Hey, I have a question: i have a spreadsheet in which several cells in one row have the sameinformation, let's say letter "N", as non-paid. the columnsare dates. And also i have columns with "StartDate" and "EndDate". like for example, an employee has "N" (non-paid) days from 9/1/08 through 9/15/08, but after the research the first 2 days are paid. so i need to change the first "N" days to "0". How do i make excel to do that operation for me? Thanks in advance. Hi, Select all the cell...

spell checker is not finding spelling errors, any suggestions?
Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in order to test the spell checker, and it is not finding these mis-spelled words. I am thinking that spell checker is not being pointed to the right dictionary, or any dictionary, but I can't seem to troubleshoot this on my own. Any suggestions? Spellbound wrote: > Spell checker finds no spelling errors and tells me that it has > completed its review. Yet, I have deliberately mis-spelled words in > order to test the spell checker, and it is not...

predictive spelling
Does anyone know of a predictive spelling add- in for Excel 2000 or later? Other than the built in one, that is. I'd like something which refers to a separate worksheet that I can specify. TIA Greg Little ...