source of mock latin for dummy layouts

I need precisely spaced mock verbage for sample layouts of brochures,
newsletters, etc.  In examples MS Publisher uses a "mock latin" to show copy
flow without meaning, but I've not found a source to download this
"language."  Any suggestions for source?
0
bfox (1)

http://www.lipsum.com/

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"bfox" <bfox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I need precisely spaced mock verbage for sample layouts of brochures,
> newsletters, etc.  In examples MS Publisher uses a "mock latin" to show copy
> flow without meaning, but I've not found a source to download this
> "language."  Any suggestions for source?

0
mary-sauer (6480)

SUMIF Returns a #VALUE error when external source is closed
Can you help me out with this? if works fine if the external source i open but returns a #value if its closed. is there anyway of correctin this so that it will pull from the external when it is closed -- ghyne ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ghynes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2658 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39856 No, the formula requires the second file to be open. -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "ghynes" <...

Source code library.
My company has finally decided to upgrade from Visual C++ version 6 to Visual Studio 2008. Is there a newer version scheduled for release anytime soon? What source code version control should we use? Is SourceSafe good? Are there alternatives that people would recommend for a small company with only a few developers? With SourceSafe are there any concerns or things we should know from the start? "TomChapman" <TomChapman12@gmail.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:O#3oXJafKHA.2596@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > My company has finally decided to upgrade from ...

Cannot set the LOCALE IDENTIFIER of the data source #2
In order to use the "translations" feature of Sql Server Analysis Services 2008 we need to set the locale identifier of the OLEDB connection string. However, it doesn't seem to be possible in Excel 2007. Here are the steps to reproduce the problem. 1- Open Excel 2007 2- Data > From other sources > From Analysis Services 3- Select a server and a database (it doesn't matter which), click next, click finish 4- Click properties, clear the "retrieve data and errors in the Office display language" checkbox, go to the definition tab, add "Locale Identifier=105...

More background sources for MSPub 2003
Is there a site for more background patterns on the internet? Go here http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ Input background in the search, there are many. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Carygee" <carygee@aol.com> wrote in message news:%23iXftofmDHA.1004@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Is there a site for more background patterns on the internet? > > Hi Carygee (carygee@aol.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Is there a site for more background patterns on the internet? As an FY...

Single value for Control Source
I have a combo box for which I want the control source to be a single value in a table that has several rows and columns, like DLookup works. What would the control source look like? Sorry, Stu, but I can't figure out what it is you want to do. What does "a single value in a table that has several rows and columns" mean? This is what makes no sense. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Stu" wrote: > I have a combo box for which I want the control source to be a single value > in a table that has several rows and columns, like DLookup works. What woul...

MS POS 2.0 Taskpad Layout Editing with XML
I want to edit my taskpad layouts. For some wierd reason there isn't a gui way to do this, but there are XML files that are for the taskpad layouts. In C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics - Point of Sale\Database\2.50\SeedData\Files (and a couple other places if you change 2.50) There are files for each taskpad layout, for instance "Combo_Button_pad.xml". I should be able to turn off pos, edit this file, and get a different layout when i turn it back on, but this doesn't work. The taskpad just refuses to change, even if i replace every instance of this file. It work...

Pivot table data source #4
Hi! I had some pivot tables in my computer. How can I find the data source name or the database name where the data is coming from? I went to the get data and view SQL but it did not show me the database name and location. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. John I normally right click on the pivot table, select wizard and then the back button until you get to the window with the source data range in it. Laurence "John Rozario" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bd5301c48952$2f46f700$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi! > > I had some pivot table...

Message Source
In Outlook Express I can view the message source of an email. How can I do the same in MS Outlook 2003? Diana Zaganjori <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In Outlook Express I can view the message source of an > email. How can I do the same in MS Outlook 2003? I find the besk way is with this tool: http://www.xintercept.com/pkpeek.htm -- Brian Tillman ...

How to get a different page layout for each tab
I have about 4 office layouts, they are each on a different tab. 2 should be landscape and 2 portrait, but when I change the layout on one of the tabs, it changes all the tabs. How can I change the layout for each tab???? I needed the same help with 25 pages and tried your suggestion and changed each page so that the setup does not say "same as printer". However, now I cannot print all pages at the same time because now the others don't match the printer and I have to print each individually. Thank you. >-----Original Message----- >Make sure the page setup for tha...

Updating the chart source data
i have many charts in a sheet. i want to make their souce data dynamic. the source range of charts are like sheet1!$B$9:$CN$13 where $B$9 is starting range and " $CN$ " is ending range. for every chart the starting range is different but the ending Datarange is of same Column "$CN" . i want to make the column Letter dynamic ,Row number are Static ... from "CN" it has to change it to "CO" in all the charts.. Every occurence of CN DataRange has to be changed to CO .Every month one column gets added up. i.e from co to cp and so on. this change...

Dexterity
How I can make script (or some changes of script) for events (PRE, POST, CHANGE...etc) Where ScriptName is "(No Source)" ? Looking into writing a trigger that fires off those events. Clint "Misa Simic" <MisaSimic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:920EADEC-B26F-4337-9225-694062370441@microsoft.com... > How I can make script (or some changes of script) for events (PRE, POST, > CHANGE...etc) Where ScriptName is "(No Source)" ? ...

Source for automatic name completion
Dear Folks, Using Outlook 2003 and Windows XP. On my previous installation, Outlook 2000,I was able to specify the first source of data for automatic name completion in email. I can't seem to find that option in Outlook 2003, and the program seems to look first in my secondary data source. Any ideas? thanks Outlook 2000 never had autocompletion. It only had autoresolution, for which you could determine the order in which your folders were checked. Outlook 2002 and 2003 have autocompletion, which will only reference the cache created from messages you have sent, never your Contac...

MS Word Drop-Down list linked to outside source?
I was wondering if it is possible to link a word drop down list to an outside source such as an Excel list or and Access table. My Scenario: I have created 70+ locked templates that use some similiar drop down lists. These lists include Judges, Lawyers, and Arbitrators names that can change monthly. So i was looking for a better solution than me editing every drop down list on each template. I would like to be able to link a drop down list to say an MS Access table and so i can just edit the table and each drop down would just pull the info from that. Is this possible...

Partner Source / Customer Source
What is the best way to do searches? It seems as if I can only find KB articles or hotfixes when I am searching for any information on a module including sales information or help manuals etc. Thanks ...

Outlook Client error on CRM 4.0 (Event Viewer Source: MSCRMOfflineSync)
Hi, With the completion of CRM 4.0 implementation, we setup Outlook Clients to 15 users. 13 uses it normally but we encounter serious problems with the rest 2. They can not use their Outlook until we disable the CRM add-in. The Outlook continuously restarts itself. Please find couple of Event Viewer messages below. ------------------------- Message #1 Event Type: Error Event Source: MSCRMOfflineSync Event Category: None Event ID: 6000 Date: date Time: time User: N/A Computer: <CRM server> An error occurred during Offline Synchronization. Try going offline again, or restart Micro...

Text Box, Control Source Help
On my Report I have a text box that shows the total of Invoice/Payments =IIf(subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount.Report.HasData,subChildOwnerInvoiceAmount.Report.tbAmount) What I would like to do is have another text box that will show what [tbAmount] is showing < 30 days back using the date in [tbInvoiceDate] Any help would be appreciated............Bob Bob, if there can be more than one record involved in calculating the amount, take a look in vba help at the DSum function. If only one record is involved, DLookup might be faster. UpRider "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrot...

Missing Data Sources (Resend)
Hi there When I click Data, Get External Data, New Database Query..., there are no data sources listed in the Database list under <New Data Source>. Even the defaults e.g. dBase Files, Microsoft Access Database, Excel Files, etc are not listed. I am using Windows XP Professional with Office 2000. How can I fix this? Thanks Michael ...

same x-axis with two sources of data
I am having trouble using different columns of data on the same x-axis. When the a new series is added it swaps to one or the other x-axis column rather than each having its own sepatate data. Any suggestions? Jeremy wrote: > I am having trouble using different columns of data on the > same x-axis. When the a new series is added it swaps to > one or the other x-axis column rather than each having its > own sepatate data. Any suggestions? Sorry, but I do not have any idea what you mean. Can you try again? Dave dvt at psu dot edu ...

Data in pivot table not mirroring with data in source
I created a pivot table and since I was not able to protected, I inavertly typed some data into one of the cells in the pivot table, since then every time I enter a number in the source of the pivot table the pivot table now gives me the wrong number. Per example in one of the cells of the pivot table I change the number 3 for the number 4.10 now every time I type the number 3 in the table source, the pivot table writes 4.10, in any cell that contains the numeral 3. Is there a way to revert back? I try by typing the number 3 into the pivot table to match with the source and it seams to work, b...

Holiday Source
I'm using the calendar for Outlook 2000. I do not want to upgrade to another version of Outlook. However, my calendar does not have the US Holidays for 2005. I tried the update route and it says I have them installed and do I want to install again. I say yes BUT they are not installed. Memory tells me I had to down load them in 2003 or 4 and then install but I forgot where I found them and what I had to do to get them installed. Can anyone help me on this. Thanks Don Jacobs http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=7d4d9017-8d4e-4963-8ba7-d2e91d491f5e&Disp...

Pivot Table Row Field Format (OLAP Source)
I have a pivot table linked to an OLAP cube. In this instance, my only row field contains numbers (the number of days taken to complete a task) and all I want to do is display a count for each total (i.e. 234 items took 1 day, 345 took 2 etc). The problem is that these numbers are listed as text, therefore 1,10,100,11 instead of 1,2,3. In view of the number of days, I'm trying to avoid manually adjusting the list. Apart from importing the source data into Excel rather than using the cube, is there any way to get around this? The problem is in your cube. Edit the dimension in your...

How to bring 50 lines in Latin with 50 in English L1 under E1
I want to combine 2 chapters of the same book one is in Latin and one is in English. Each translation has many lines each line has a number. How can I insert line nr.1 in English after line nr 1 in Latin, without using the Clipboard.It only holds 12 lines and I have to copy each one separately and paste it one by one. Does anyone know of a quicker way? =?Utf-8?B?U3BlZWR5IEdvbnphbGVzJyB5b3VuZyBjb3VzaW4=?= <Speedy Gonzales' young cousin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:582A738F-78F9-4994-9EF7-D843C51B5E06@microsoft.com: > I want to combine 2 chapters of the same book on...

How can i set the source-data-range of pivottable2 to the source .
In order to save memory for excel files with multiple pivot-tables, I should be able to reference to the source-data-range of pivot1 for the source-data-range of pivot2. Any idea how (apart from the 1-time question at first creation of the new pivot)? ...

Data source object wizard
Hello, if i connect my gridview to a datasource with the wizard, i don't see my datasets in the dropdown. Can anyone help me? Simon ...

Including custom layouts with an add-in
Hello all, Question: How do I distribute custom layouts with an add-in I've created? Details: I am writing an add-in which retrieves data from a database and creates a slide or slides based on the results. The add-in is pretty much complete and seems to work fine. As part of this process I created several custom layouts and added them to the default slide master. Now when I try to test the add-in machines other than the one it was developed on I embarrassingly notice the layouts are not available. My assumption was if the macro-enabled powerpoint I used to generate the...