Sorry for all the posts

Each time I pressed POST, it told me there was an error and it didn't go
through and that technical would be advised

So I reposted again.  But it looks like they all went through.

Sorry.
Pam
0
Pam1 (264)

Pre & Post stored procedures. Please explain these.
Hello, can someone explain to me what the Pre & Post stored procedures are and how to use them? Are these user modifiable? Can I add my own parameters? I guess I can't understand how I can use these parameters to make customizations to GPs built in sps unless I can update whatever I want. For example, what if I need to make a change to say ACTINDX and there is no input parameter for ACTINDX. Do I just add it? I'm confused on how to use these procedures. I'd appreciate an explanation and examples. TIA G GiJeet, I would assume you are talking about the eConnect pre and po...

voiding a posted batch
Hi everyone, A month ago, we depreciated several fixed assets items in our database, batched it and posted it. Now, apparently, they do not want to depreciate these items during that time. Is there a way to void the already posted batch and bring everything back to the way it was before the depreciation while still maintaining all the work that has already been completed during the month time span? Thanks, Ian No, you cannot un-post a batch. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check ou...

macro for post editing: can't close loop
I am trying to write a macro to post-process machine translated files. One of the issues with translation from EN to ES is that "please"+ command normally is translated without please, just the command. It would be a tedious task for post editors to delete every occurrence of "please" translation and the upper case the next sentence. ...

An unofficial FAQ for this newsgroup is available at http://umpmfaq.info. The source FAQ was last updated Saturday, December 4, 2004. You may save yourself and those willing to spend their time helping you both time and hassle by consulting this resource before posting what may already be a FAQ. The unofficial FAQ answers 159 of the most frequently asked questions in this newsgroup. Note that only a limited number of FAQ items have been added or modified for Money 2005--those that are derive from my limited experience with the product and on very high profile items in the newsgroup. If you are...

sorry. test

**ERROR: Posting to table IV10001. Restore from a backup if possib
Hi all, I have a client that is new on GP 9 (sp2) . Recently, the PO Receiving posting is giving them this error: "**ERROR: Posting to table IV10001. Restore from backup if possible." It does allow them to post to GL. I ran a checklinks on Purchasing and Inventory series and nothing appeared on the error log report. I checked KB and found no matches on articles. Does anyone know what this is and / or have any other ideas on what to do? Thanks, -- Developer IV10001 is the Inventory Transaction line table. Did the transaction properly update the Item quantity tables...

Posting Fails / Restore DB-?
Hi, We have been using GP in production for 3 months now and NOW we are starting to see all the bugs that everyone had been posting here. So I have two questions. #1. Sometimes we experience error when posting Various transactions. Could be Project -> Billing entry. Sales -> Cash receipts or Purchasing -> Receiving Transaction entry. I am not saying they all fail at all times, but once in a blue moon one of the posting will fail with random error message. ie (string length error, Batch error. etc... ) Question: Whenever posting fails what is the normal proced...

Lockbox CR posted to the wrong customer
Anybody know the easiest way to delete a posted lockbox CR for a particular customer and apply it to a different customer? Thanks! ...

Forget Both of My Postings
I'll get my head together yet! What is really happening in MSPublisher when I attempt to open the website .pub file is the Warning message that says it has to close, and asks me to send a message to MS, which I have done a couple times, but with not response, per usual. I now click Don't Send, and MSPublisher closes. When I look at the "Details" it contains a host of info that I would never understand. I am hoping that someone may have experienced what I am experiencing, and could help me out. I believe that I previously said that my other .pub files are opening, ...

Update periodics based on posting date for PA trx
I've been working with Dynamics GP for over 10 years. To my surprise, I couldn't believe that all the summary tables for Project Accouting data is updated based on document date NOT posting date. Though there is an option to setup Purchasing and Billing to update the periodic tables based on posting date versus document date, the remaining cost trx types cannot. As with any subledger, reconciliation back to the general ledger is near impossible based on the existing functionality. The posting engine should update all periodics based on posting date OR an option to update the ...

Award BIOS Post Codes
I have a couple of years old hp I am rebuilding for a friend. The model is an Pavilion m8124n with an OEM Asus mobo. I just went to test it before installing it back into its case using the bare minimum (processor, heatsink, monitor, psu, one stick of ram and a keyboard). As I powered it on, it began beeping. One short beep followed by one long beep then a short pause then it repeats. I did not see anything on the monitor. I tried to google the code but was unsuccessful. I need to know what the issue is whether be ram, video or mobo. Please help!!! 'Motherboard Specifica...

Sorry to bother
I was trying to post a question. Only the comments Icon did anything but bring me right back to where I started. -- Chuck Card -In Sunny Arizona Unlimited sunsets ...

I can't post a message in newsgroup
Hi every one; I am not able to post anu message in newsgroup by MS outlook, here is error message: Outlook Express could not post your message......................Protocol: NNTP, Server Response: '440 Posting not allowed', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 440, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9 any body knows why ? Thanks. Faram. Sounds like the newsserver in question requires you to log-in or only accepts posts from users on their own network. That said.... This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlo...

Mutipul Question "NULL and Post"
Hi everyone, I am creating a variable start up form where I store the Primary Company information to tbl_Primary_Company. This form will hold several test boxes and one cbo to select zipcode and add city and state. Very simple. What I want to do with this is to have the company name, address, city, state, and zip to be added to tbl_Company, this could be done with a cmd button or just simply by being added but I am not sure on how to do this. My next question is I would also like this form to open only if the company name is null and if not, then go to my actual startup frm Main_Menu.I am not...

Post SP2
Lab environment Windows 2003SP1 with Exchange 2003SP2 all servers Front End - Backend Cluster ISA2000 -firewall Post SP2 Issues are as follows on front-end server 1. Messages sent to front end server Inbound and Outbound get stuck in the "Messages Awaiting Directory Lookup" queue 2. Get 404 error when attempting to use OWA (internally and externally to front end server) Any help would be appreciated GJG On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:34:09 -0800, "Greg" <Greg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Lab environment >Windows 2003SP1 with Exchange 2003SP2 all servers ...

Problem while posting a cash receipt
Ok, new one for me (somewhat, but not extremely experienced with GP.) I used the unapply to remove a receipt posted incorrectly. Voided the original payment, and began a new receipt. Posted a single receipt (no batch) and it printed a CR Posting Journal showing the proper application of funds to the invoice. Now it gets hairy. System did not crash, but also seemed to stop the process. The CR shows up against the invoice (which shows fully paid now) but when I drill into the receipt, an error shows up "This document does not exist" for the receipt. There is nothing to pos...

Calendering post continue...
thank you lee, i'll have a look at it.i just tested it in my outlook profile. can i assume that i have to setup a seperate outlook profile for evryone to log on.example setup a "public calender" profile and give everyone the credentials to log onto the profile and read, write, edit the calender. will this be how everyone will access the calender? craig "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> wrote in message news:eJiDiz66GHA.4304@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > You can do it in Outlook. Expand your Public Folders tree in the > left-hand pan...

Blocking attachments, sorry this is ridiculous
I just want to go on record to give my opinion of this "always block" garbage that has apparently recently been incorporated into the full version of outlook. I'M SORRY MICROSOFT, I DO NOT NEED YOU TO PROTECT ME FROM MYSELF, I WILL BE DITCHING YOUR PROGRAM JUST AS SOON AS I CAN BECAUSE I WILL NOT HAVE YOU OR ANYONE ELSE TELL ME WHAT KIND OF ATTACHMENTS I'M ALLOWED TO HAVE ON MY EMAIL. I AM NOT YOUR TYPICAL BRAINLESS IGNORAMOUS COMPUTER USER THAT BRAINLESSLY OPENS UP EVERY ATTACHMENT. I WANT, NO DEMAND, THE ABILITY TO CONTROL WHAT HAPPENS ON SOFTWARE THAT I HAVE PAI...

httputility.urlencode(doc.outerxml) as a http xml post
Hi I'm not sure whether I should send this as a new message or use the one I've been using but... I'm using vb.net 2.0 - My problem is I need to send something like this: 'dim encodedstring = "test=" + httputility.urlencode(doc.outerxml)' as a http xml post and then need to receive it on other end for a test. It needs to be sent as a stream. I need some sample code on how to post it and then receive the request on other end so I get the information from the xml. Been playing around with all kinds of code and not getting anywhere. Thanks, Cindy ...

sorry !
Hey everyone, Sorry about so many posts, new to newsgroups ... I apologize ! and thanks for your help, Jason ...

Daily posting of amount to a table
Hello. This may be difficult or impossible, but I would like to add a daily record to a table in my database that would contain a balance in one of my accounts. The balance is calculated using a sum table. I could do this with an append query, but i wanted to know if it could be setup to be done automatically each day, and if it could be done whether or not I opened the database. Thanks in advance. On Oct 31, 8:49 pm, "wesley.al...@gmail.com" <wesley.al...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello. > > This may be difficult or impossible, but I would like to add a daily > rec...

Better to be safe than sorry
It is better to be safe at first instance than regret later. To be safe on internet visit www.mysafelinks.com and see how to be easily safe while being on internet and banking websites. ...

Posting to an account that has the "allow account entry" de-select
Has anyone encountered an issue where GP 8.0 allows them to post an otem to an account through A/P processing even though the account was not selected to "allow account entry?" If the account is the default posting account on vendor cards (or vendor class or posting accounts setup), it will allow posting. "Allow account entry" only stops you from being able to select the account or enter the account. It will still post if it is the default account. "Erik B" wrote: > Has anyone encountered an issue where GP 8.0 allows them to post an otem to > an acc...

Merged Post Cards
Hi I have previously asked the question and I thought I had the answer from Mary Sauer but it is still not right. I am trying to create an A4 sheet landscape with 4 invitations on each sheet. This is merged with a spreadsheet so I have a number from 1-150 on each card. Each printed sheet needs 4 cards with different numbers. I also print information on the reverse so when the reverse is printed it needs to line up. I am either getting only 1 card on each page or all the numbers are the same. I can either use 2007 or 2003 whichever is easiest. Thanks Debbie Phippsy, If you have your d...

Financial Series Posting
Hello, While trying to use : Transaction => Financial => Series Posting while trying to post some of the batches, i get the following message: A get/change operation on table 'SY_Posting_Journal_Destination' cannot find the table does anyone has an idea if this does effect the posting action?? does anyone has a solution? Thank You, Fadi Tawakol Fadi, You might need to perform more investigations about this issue, use SQL Server profiler and find the command being excuted and generating this error, it will clarify your situation. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP,...