Small Publication, Huge File Size

Win98SE, Pub2000, HP LJ2100.

Some publications suddenly increase in size for no
apparent reason. For example, a two page brochure created
with the wizard starts out at about 310kb, but then
suddenly becomes 56mb. Then it takes a couple hours (or
more) for the printer to print it. Nothing fancy - just
plain old wizard pubs.

Anyone seen/heard this?

Thx,
Scott
0
scottaz (1)

Part of the problem is the way that Publisher 2000 handles pictures. Pub
2002 keeps your file size down a bit. I'm sure one fo the otherc would be
able to explain it clearer but that's the easy to understand version.

(I'm really surprised that your file is THAT big!)

--
The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting
on dead branches.

JoAnn

"ScottAZ" <scottaz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Win98SE, Pub2000, HP LJ2100.
>
> Some publications suddenly increase in size for no
> apparent reason. For example, a two page brochure created
> with the wizard starts out at about 310kb, but then
> suddenly becomes 56mb. Then it takes a couple hours (or
> more) for the printer to print it. Nothing fancy - just
> plain old wizard pubs.
>
> Anyone seen/heard this?
>
> Thx,
> Scott

0
jl_amerson (3088)
8/24/2003 3:40:29 PM
This is caused by Blends in the publication and printing to a laser printer.

Remove the Blends and replace with solid colours and your problems will be
over.

donotknock (1942)

Additional info re: Word 2007 will not open files when you double click them
I should have mentioned... I am running XP 32 bit SP3 Neil ...

small query
if constructor is private, can i create object thru mfc ...

Money 2004 Small Business: Adding Discounts
I have looked and looked for how to add discount items into my invoices, i.e, 10% discount, etc. Anyone know how to do this? I have run search after search under the Help files and haven't been able to come up with anything. On this note, how easy is it to enter a partial payment? Thanks for your help!! Jessie :) Click Invoices on the top toolbar. Click create new invoice. Enter the customer then click add item. You will see the discount box on the left-hand side under the description input field. You can enter a % discount or a $$ discount. >-----Original Message-----...

Public folder permissions issue
Hello, The permissions on a public folder got messed up by someone applying NTFS ACL's to the public folder instead of applying permissions through Outlook. I followed MS technet article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx? scid=kb;en-us;270905&Product=exch2k and this did not work. I can not delete this folder and I can not get the permissions to work properly through Outlook. Using Outlook 2000 and Exchange 2000. Any ideas on how to delete this thing? Thank you, Mark ...

Permissions on Public Folders
Running Exchange 2003. I am unable to create a new public sub folder from within Outlook 2003, despite setting full directory rights and author permissions on the parent folder to the user. TIA Maurice On Fri, 29 Jul 2005 13:06:11 +0100, "Maurice Bishop" <office@nospam-here-please.mjbishop.com> wrote: >Running Exchange 2003. > >I am unable to create a new public sub folder from within Outlook 2003, >despite setting full directory rights and author permissions on the parent >folder to the user. > >TIA > >Maurice > Author Rights by default do...

can't open this item with password protected files
Hello, I can't open an email in Outlook 2003 with an attachement that is password-protected. The email is placed in the folder Server failures and if I try to open it, I get the following message : Can't open this item. The operation failed. Does anyone know how to fix this. Thanks in advance. Raimond Does it work when you save the attachment first? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Raimond van der Meer" <raimond_cdmi@hotmai...

CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition
We are looking to deploy the above CRM version from Microsoft Action Pack - but are encountering some difficulties. Does this application have to be installed onto an SBS server directly? Can it not be installed on a server which participates in a SBS domain? Regards -- Mark Baker Operations Manager SITOC Ltd Must be installed on SBS server. Ian "Mark Baker" <MarkBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E202DEC8-C1A5-4A3E-86F3-094D462ECBE8@microsoft.com... > We are looking to deploy the above CRM version from Microsoft Action > Pack - > but are ...

Feature Request-Need the ability to attach files to KnowledgeBase articles.
This is a big feature need. Lots of times articles need screenshots. Since you can't really do screenshots via the web, let us attach documents to articles. ...

I am not able to send a publication as an email message, help?
I am trying to send a document that I have created in Publisher as an email message. When I go to the File menu then down to send email, I don't have the option "send as an email message" I only have "send as an attachment." Does anyone know why I am not able to do this? 1. What version of Publisher are you using? 2. What version of Outlook are you using? 3. What version of Outlook Express are you using? 4. What is set as your default email client? Publisher requires Outlook or Outlook Express to be set as your default email client (Start > Control Panel >...

Controlling Workbook File Size?
I have a workbook that has recently increased from 5meg to 30 meg. There are no pivot tables -- only a couple small macros that involve a few lines of vba. What could have caused the jumped.. and what can I do to fix it? Just guesses... The last used cell on each worksheet is way past where you think it should be. See Debra Dalgleish's site to reset this last used cell. http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Any chance you have objects (pictures/buttons/textboxes) in your workbook? Sometimes pictures get duplicated by error. Mark wrote: > > I have a workbook that...

How do you convert visio files.
How can you convert vsd file to either Word or Excel files short answer, you can't. What are you really trying to do? al "golf4dee" <golf4dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:92380D88-2FB7-45AC-ADDA-A1EFC08EB8BC@microsoft.com... > How can you convert vsd file to either Word or Excel files What I'm trying to do is bring my developed drawing into another application.VISIO can not be used, but Word or Excel can be used in this other application. "Al Edlund" wrote: > short answer, you can't. What are you really trying to do? &g...

shared excel file #3
Hi, I know that it is possible but i don't know process to do it. I have several users (5) who should have access to the same XLS file (under Excel 2002). They would like to open it at the same time, and to have the possibility to save the modifications. However, if user A and B opened the XLS file, if B modify the file without saving (still open) and A update it and save it. B should be able to be inform of new version and save his update. at the end, XLS has both updates. how can i do this ? thanks a lot, Maileen There's an option that allows you to share a workbook. Tools...

How to reply to an email in a public folder, using a general email address
Hi, I'm working on a support desk which handles incoming enquiries via a public inbox which can be viewed by the whole support team. What I want to be able to do is reply to these messages using a different email address to normal (ie. changing the from address). This is very easy in Outlook Express but I'm not sure how to do this in Outlook 2000. Thanks "Charles" <cwilson@rm.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:099d01c36bbe$041773f0$a601280a@phx.gbl > Hi, > > I'm working on a support desk which handles incoming > enquiries via a public inbox whic...

Public Folder default setting
By default all new Public Folders are hidden from Exchange GAL in Ex Svr 2003. Is there any way to change this property so new Public Folders are NOT hidden by default? Thanks. Hmm, I thought pf's were not hidden by default. It does not appear that way when I test. Try to verify if your pf store in adsiedit has the msexchhidefromaddresslist is set to true. If it is put it back to not set. This may be propagating the setting. James Chong Tim wrote: > By default all new Public Folders are hidden from Exchange GAL in Ex Svr > 2003. Is there any way to change this property so new Pu...

How can I select printer in a vbs-file?
Hi. I have a vbs-file, which prints me word-document. I would like to print it to different printers some times and I would like to have a possibility to select printer during the code. What is the code for that? Thanks! On Aug 18, 7:31=A0am, hannu <hannutlappalai...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi. > > I have a vbs-file, which prints me word-document. > > I would like to print it to different printers some times and I would > like to have a possibility to select printer during the code. > > What is the code for that? > > Thanks! WSH has...

Regarding DLL Files
hi, I am working on an MFC application that requires me to support two different types of hardwares. One of them is a DSP board connected to PCI slot of the PC and the other is a firewire camera. Some of the machines have both camera and DSP board while others have only one of them. I have developed the entire software that implements the functionality. The problem is that the PCs on which DSP board is not present they donot have its drivers installed on them. Since, my software requries DSP DLL files to be present on the system, it gives a runtime error Unable to locate Files ...

excel files do not open
When i click on an Excel file, Excel loads but i get an error meassage saying " Cannot find the file C:/..... (or one of its components). Make sure the path and file name are correct and that all liberaries are avialable" I have Excel XP ...

CRM3.0: Small Business Edition only with Small Business Server?
Hi folks, if i have CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition, do i need mandatory the Small Business Server, or can i use the Windows Server 2000/2003 as well? thanks in advance, taxi Hello, Microsoft CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition is intended to run on the Microsoft Windows Small Business Server 2003 r2 (latest release). Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "taxi007" wrote: > Hi folks, > if i have CRM 3.0 Small Business Edition, do i need mandatory the Small > Business Server, or can i use the Windows Server 2000/2003 as well? > > thanks in advance, > taxi Hi, i m...

Can not open Excel file from Outlook 2000
I can open Excel file from Excel no problem, but I can not open attatchment excel file from outlook 2000. I have reintsall Office twice. I am running Windows 2000 Pro. Help Jimmy ...

.pub file to .doc
"John" <johnmc@myrealbox.com> has asked a question that I need the answer to as well. "Does anyone know if there is a way to save or convert a Publisher file to Word format? I sometimes need to email a publication to others who do not have Publisher, but they do have Word. I can find no way to do this within Publisher." Please help. What version of Publisher do you have? I know that the 2003 beta has the Save As option for MS Word. In addition, the RTF format works very well for Word. Finally, Publisher can export HTML which Word can also import. PDF expo...

file skipped
HI,All The following file is being skipped, should I be concerned..???? Backup - \\USFIN2KEX1\D: Data Unable to open the item \\USFIN2KEX1\D:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.dat - skipped. thanks Do online, exchange aware backups of the store. Do not do flat-file backups of the exchsrvr dirs and you wont see that error. :) On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 10:35:33 -0400, "Darren D" <Darren@somewhere.com> wrote: >HI,All >The following file is being skipped, should I be concerned..???? >Backup - \\USFIN2KEX1\D: Data >Unable to open the item \\USFIN2KEX1\D:\exchsrvr\imcdata\queue.da...

importing .pst files into Outlook Express
I have .pst files that I would like to import into a new computer. This new version of Outlook Express 6 is not allowing me to import the files. It give me a MAPI error. Can you tell me how I can fix this? "Dawn" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e93501c43cda$8f404ef0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I have .pst files that I would like to import into a new > computer. This new version of Outlook Express 6 is not > allowing me to import the files. It give me a MAPI > error. Can you tell me how I can fix this? Have you got Outlook installed o...

remove public folder
I have migrated exchange 2000 from one server to exchange 2003 in other servers. after i uninstalled the old exchange 2000, i found the old exchange 2000 public folder still exists in the exchange 2003. when I try to delete it, it ask for the user name and password even I enter the administrator user. Any idea? how to delete it? Thanks! ...

Help with reading from XML file...
I'm using the following to pull a string from an XML Log file: Public Sub ReadXMLFile() Dim xmlDoc As New XmlDocument xmlDoc.Load("d:\test.xml") Dim DriveError As String =xmlDoc.SelectSingleNode("/joblog/backup/set/directory/directory/directory/drive_error").InnerText MsgBox(DriveError) End Sub However, the "drive_error" part of the node could be any number of "directory"'s deep depending on where the error occurred during the backup. Is there a wildcard or some other way I could grab the drive_error text regardless of how dee...

Distribution List Size Limit?
I have a department that has a Shared Contact List in our Public Folders. Within this contact list there is also a Distribution List that they use. There is not many contacts in the DL, under 40. When anyone tries to add a contact to that DL a error message displays "Distribution list too large to save on your network email server. Please remove some memebers or put some of the names into a seperate smaller distribution list which can then be added to this one". Is creating a seperate DL really the best answer to this? Is there a place where I can set size limits for D...