Small Publication, Huge File Size

Win98SE, Pub2000, HP LJ2100.

Some publications suddenly increase in size for no
apparent reason. For example, a two page brochure created
with the wizard starts out at about 310kb, but then
suddenly becomes 56mb. Then it takes a couple hours (or
more) for the printer to print it. Nothing fancy - just
plain old wizard pubs.

Anyone seen/heard this?

Thx,
Scott
0
scottaz (1)

Part of the problem is the way that Publisher 2000 handles pictures. Pub
2002 keeps your file size down a bit. I'm sure one fo the otherc would be
able to explain it clearer but that's the easy to understand version.

(I'm really surprised that your file is THAT big!)

--
The problem with resting on your laurels is that eventually you are sitting
on dead branches.

JoAnn

"ScottAZ" <scottaz@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Win98SE, Pub2000, HP LJ2100.
>
> Some publications suddenly increase in size for no
> apparent reason. For example, a two page brochure created
> with the wizard starts out at about 310kb, but then
> suddenly becomes 56mb. Then it takes a couple hours (or
> more) for the printer to print it. Nothing fancy - just
> plain old wizard pubs.
>
> Anyone seen/heard this?
>
> Thx,
> Scott

0
jl_amerson (3088)
8/24/2003 3:40:29 PM
This is caused by Blends in the publication and printing to a laser printer.

Remove the Blends and replace with solid colours and your problems will be
over.

donotknock (1941)

Money 2005 Small Business Edition
I was curious whether anyone knows if Money 2005 Small Business is now capable of doing Recurring Invoices? In other words, enter the details of the invoice, save it in a "recurring invoices" list and go back to that list to generate a new, identical invoice the next month without putting all of the detail in. Thank you Paul ...

2gig pst file
I have a user that has a 2gig pst file. I have run the microsoft tool to trim some off of the end and then run the Inbox Repair tool on it multiple times. Nothing works to bringing this file back to life. Any ideas? Trimmed it a bit more already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Marty" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09da01c4a620$e19be0b0$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have a user that has a 2gig pst file. I...

Reconstitute Money file from information synced to the web?
I recently had a horrible system crash during which I lost (among many other things) my Money file. I was using Money 2003 Deluxe and was religiously synchronizing my file with the web. When I restored my system, I downloaded and installed Money 2004. When I started it up and logged in using my Passport, Money seemed to notice that there was some inconsistency, as it offered me a dialog box with 2 options that I don't exactly understand. Neither of them was "Would you like Money to download your file from the web?" What I'm trying to find out is, is there any way fo...

How to I send a publisher email with an excel file embedded?
I am trying to create an email with an excel file either attached or embedded and can not make it work with a link (hotspot). Any help? Carvie <Carvie@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I am trying to create an email with an excel file either attached or > embedded and can not make it work with a link (hotspot). Any help? Use a table or a picture. OLE objects cannot be used in HTML email. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

Using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files?
I using 2 versions of Mac Office 2004 (Japanese and English). How do I set the default for which version my machine uses to open office files? It would of course be better if MS allowed users to switch menu languages within the program just as Mac does with its OS and associated software. But since that is not the case, I have had to purchase install the English version of Office 2004 (at great expense both monetarily and memory wise). When I open files already on my computer it always opens them with the "default" version of Office 2004 which is in Japanese. I can't seem to ...

LINQ
Given a list of files, how can I specify the 'where' in a LINQ query to return the name of the most recent file name? e.g. var queryLatestFile = from file in Directory.GetFiles(@"c:\mypath", "*.JPG")) where file.CreationTime== ?? select file.FullName; Thanks for your help. AA2e72E wrote: > Given a list of files, how can I specify the 'where' in a LINQ query to > return the name of the most recent file name? > > e.g. > > var queryLatestFile = from file in Directory.GetFiles(@"c:...

Printing jpg file???
Hi all, with a non-Doc/View mfc project I have to print a jpg file. It is going to be so simple. When I cl�ck a button, the application will open a pre-defined jpg file and it will send it to default printer? I need help and sample code about this issue??? Help please... Thanks in advance Brav "BravoX" <puero@kornelya.com> wrote in message news:%23FxzyzlPFHA.1268@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > with a non-Doc/View mfc project I have to print a jpg file. > It is going to be so simple. When I cl�ck a button, the application will > open a pre-defined jpg...

Incorrect Public Folder Count, Hotfix 836686, and Service Pack 1
Prior to SP1 for Exch2003, Hotfix 836636 fixed a problem with the unread message count in public folders. After SP1, the problem returns. This undocumented feature is fixed in a subsequent, unrelated Post SP1 hotfix for Exch2003. The date of the files in hotfix 889680 is 10-December-2004 , store.exe is version 6.5.7232.60 Obviously, the earlier hotfix is based on a pre-SP1 version of store.exe and SP1 didn't include the code from the hotfix. A uncharacteristically useful undocumented feature of hotfix 889680. Of course, install at your own risk, blah blah blah, yadda yadda...

Got "file could not be accessed" error while opening an .xls file through IE
I was creating a text data file named ne.xls under public_html directory so that any user can use IE to access the file and view it as excel file. For some reason, I am getting the "file could not be accessed" error message if I access the file through Internet Explore (IE). And there is no error if I directly open up the file through excel program. I am sure the file is in the right directory, has read and write permission, has no special characters in the filename, the full path is less than 218 characters. And I am sure it has something to do with the data contents. ...

NK2 files
Article Q287623 asks us to clear the NK2 files on the system to get my automatic address completion to work. I have searched and searched (with display hidden files option turned on) and am unable to find any *.NK2 files on the system. Any thoughts would be appreciated. This may be a dumb question, but you are using Outlook 2002, correct? Do you have the option to suggest names while completing... checked in Tools | Options | E-Mail Options | Advanced E-Mail Options? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstic...

Files Publisher cannot open.
After creating files in Publisher 2003, most will not open. I get the message"Publisher cannot open this file". ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=cbbcbdd8-ef0a-412a-9a74-65ca4bb16...

paper size in page setup
I am using Access97 and I want to change all the report paper size in page setup from letter to A4. How can I do this automatically instead of going to every report and change it? Please let me know. Thanks. Paper size is set at the printer in Windows, not at the report level in Access. Changing the physical size of each report can be accomplished in code by opening the report in Design View and changing the Height and Width properties. That can be done in code, but the results are most likely going to be disappointing, since nothing at all will be properly centered, and controls to...

Missing SBS 2008 INFO.XML file
My migration from SBS2003 to SBS2008 has been a struggle. I created the SBSANSWER.XML file on the Source server and put it on removable media, but the Destination server didn't convert that into an INFO.XML file during the migration. Unfortunately I'm too far into the migration to back out and try it again. I've been able to copy the SBSANSWER.XML file to the INFO.XML file, but the Migration Wizard is failing on the Destination server. I suspect there's more to the INFO.XML file than what's int eh SBSANSWER.XML. Does anyone have an INFO.XML file they can sh...

Pub files won't open
Hi, Some Publisher 2002 files I created on a Win 2000 sp4 NTFS system will not open on a Win 2000 sp2 Fat32 system. Publisher keeps crashing. Text files open ok but files containing text and tables crash Publisher. All the Office updates have been loaded. The file sizes are 17 mb and 16.1 mb respectively. Pc is a PIII 1,133 Ghz with 512 mb ram. Any advice??? Thanks. Bert. (Yes, I had a terrible system crash!) Hi Bert (noname@nonamebrand.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || Hi, || || Some Publisher 2002 files I created on a Win 2000 sp4 NTFS system || will not open on a ...

.pst file maxed out
So I should have been using autoarchive. So I should have know there was a limit to the .pst file size. But now I have a whole section of outlook that is completely locked up. I cannot delete anything to reduce the file size. What now? Is Outlook totally useless to me? No way of repairing? Reversing? No forgiveness? Jan Outlook will work - rename the old pst and make a new one. To recover the data in the old pst, see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.asp http://www.slipstick.com/problems/scanpst.asp -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tip...

No pst listed in Outlook 2007 "import a file"
I need to import data from an Outlook PST file stored elsewhere on my computer. When in Outlook 2007 I use: File/Import and Export/Import and Export Wizard/ Import from another program or file/ ..... now there is no vertical slider bar fro me to move down to select "pst file". Some lines of text in this Import a file window are truncated at the right hand side and to me it looks as if the text font is larger than normal. Hope someone can assist? regards, "nobody" You never use import to transfer data form a native file. Just open it to get what you need. --...

How to check for dupes on 2 files, and ? about csv file ext
I have two files, one has a csv ext and the other one a Excel 2003 extension. both open up in my 2003 Excel. How can I strip the duplicates out of the file. One is 4400 names and one about 1100. I tried to do it on the csv file, and then when I tried to save the file I got all kinds of replies that made me nervous and I cancelled the operation. What is that csv file, (I know the name comma separated value????) someone said it is the same as the excel file, they just changed the extension. Is that true? Supposedly the people that will write invitation cards from this list wanted it in t...

Compress Excel File Format?
My regular Excel file is 29 KB. When I added 2 Pivot Tables and 1 Macro, the file ballooned to 2.51 MB. I was able to use Zip to compress it back to 34 KB (amazingly). But I don't want to manually do this all the time. My Question: Is there a setting in Excel that can compress its Pivot Table and Macros within the Excel file so I don't have to use Zip? The reason I don't want to manually use Zip because some computers I work with don't have Zip/Unzip and sometimes I'm in a rush to e-mail a file. Manual Zipping seems like another unnecessary step. Hi Sarah, Use Ctrl+End...

Keep losing Outlook.pst File
I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, except that I seem to lose my outlook.pst file every few months for no apparent reason. I have configured all autoarchiving to NO ARCHIVING so I don't think this is my problem. When I search PC for OUTLOOK.PST it ca't be found. Can anyone shed some light on how to fix or stop this happening & where the file is going. JohnT wrote: > I am running Outlook XP with all current service packs & > updates installed on XP Pro PC which all works fine, > excep...

Restoring outlook.ost file
We had a major email failure last week, and it may take days to recover everything in Outlook before 12/5. I had synchronized a lot of the folders I need beforehand, but now I cannot access my outlook.ost offline folders. Any ideas? If your company found it necessary to blow away Exchange store and create new mailboxes, your .ost backup is now useless as it relies on the same mailbox under which it was created. You will need to synch to the new Exchange mailbox and create a new .ost. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to ...

Public folder contents keep deleting automatically
I am using one Exchange 2003 Enterprise back end server and one Exchange 2003 Standard front end server. I have tried to change the Age Limit from 0 to any larger numbers, but the public folder contents just keep deleting automatically after a certain period. Do you know the reason and any solutions so that the public folder contents can be kept permanently? Thanks. Let me clarify my problem, I mean no matter how many days I entered in Age Limit, the public folder contents would be deleted automatically after around 7 days. How can I disable this automatic deletion. Thanks. "B...

receiving credit card payments in MS Money Small Business Plus
Is there a way to receive credit card payments for specific invoices and automatically have the percentage rate and transaction fee deducted from the invoice? -- Christopher Fazio VMD ...

Prevent file delete no password
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to protect a document from bein deleted without making it required to have a password to be opened? I'm trying to fix some files I've made and save to a network drive however, I don't want anybody "accidentally" deleting them and the still have to be accessible without a password. Thanks so much in advance Bdun -- bdun ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bdunk's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=50 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...

All files are read only and I'm unable to change the properties
All my files are read only and even though I change the properties it reverts to read only I'm unable to save the document with the new changes. It says to save a copy click ok then give the workbook a new name and save as dialog box, then i select the file and save, cannot save see user/clarence/documents xls, folder is marked read only and author of the document is Pepino. Attempting to save doc under user Clarence. What am I doing wrong? Vincent. ...

Small business version
There appears to be a Schedule C bug in MS Money 2004 Small Business. If you run a tax report to display Schedule C transactions, and you have selected the CASH (rather than accrual) method, Money will still list open - unpaid - invoices as revenue. Open invoices should not show as revenue on the cash method. I will report this to MSFT. ...