sizing and printing a tiled file

I want the printed file to fill up the tiled pages like they appear on the
screen when the file is saved. In Publisher 2003 you could figure your
printed file covered the pages like they appeared on screen and as shown on
print preview. In 2007 I tried to fill a poster with a picture, but both the
print preview and printed files leave a very large border aroung the picture.
Adjusting the margin and overlap settings makes no difference. What can I do.
Thanks.
0
K (139)

I've never created a poster in  2007, but now that I have I can see your
problem.
My suggestion would be to convert the publication to a PDF and print from it.
Microsoft has a save as PDF add-in.
https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=4D951911-3E7E-4AE6-B059-A2E79ED87041&displaylang=en

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Preacher K" <Preacher K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I want the printed file to fill up the tiled pages like they appear on the
> screen when the file is saved. In Publisher 2003 you could figure your
> printed file covered the pages like they appeared on screen and as shown on
> print preview. In 2007 I tried to fill a poster with a picture, but both the
> print preview and printed files leave a very large border aroung the picture.
> Adjusting the margin and overlap settings makes no difference. What can I do.
> Thanks.

0
mary.sauer (2018)

Printing single record
HELP! I am using the following code under the ComandButton to print the current report from my form: Dim strWhere As String If Me.Dirty Then 'Save any edits. Me.Dirty = False End If If Me.NewRecord Then 'Check there is a record to print MsgBox "Select a record to print" Else strWhere = "[Num] = " & Me.[Num] DoCmd.OpenReport "Check Request", acViewNormal, , strWhere End If However, I keep getting the following error: The expression On Click you entered as the event property setting produced...

Page Size Sheet Size Not The Same
Hi - I'm having trouble with printing in Publisher 2007. I have a 5.5x8.5 page size and I want to print that size paper. I've tried to set the sheet to custom size in the printer setup, but Publisher still want a 5.5x8.5 Publisher size printing on a full 8.5x11 sheet. I don't get it. I never had this problem with the Publisher 2003 or anyother MS product including the other Office 2007 programs. Can anyone help clue me in? Even if I create a document as 5.5x8.5 size it will publish a 8.5x11 .pdf file. Please Help! Jerry The new Publisher page setup is not user friendly. ...

Mission Impossible
I've been given the project of comparing a current Excel Spreadsheet against a historical Spreadsheet. They both have the same Employee ID.( Or new ones added on the Current File ) My task is ( should I chose to accept - Mission Impossible ) Is to determine the following: * How many new records are added on the Current File * Identify any changes that occur on the either file This could possibly involves creating something called a - Changed File. I've used a program called ExelDiff, but it failed miserably , when the inform...

Cen an Excel file be set up to no longer open after a certain date????
Any help would be very much appreciated. Is there a way to set up an excel file to not open after a certain date or after a certain amount of time? Thank you in advance!! Lou Blah wrote: > Any help would be very much appreciated. > > Is there a way to set up an excel file to not open after a certain > date or after a certain amount of time? > > Thank you in advance!! > > Lou This could be done with a VBA Macro but you would have to take security measures to keep the user from tampering with the code. Maybe even incoporate code that deletes all of the data includ...

E-mails Don't Print Correctly
We transferred our Entourage X Main Identity on a PowerBook G3 to Entourage 2004 on a MacBook Pro. The only thing that is not working properly is the printing of some (but not all) e-mails. Some of them will only print with about 7 blank lines between every printed line. Thus a one page e-mail becomes a seven page e-mail when printed. It happens both on old (prior to transfer) and new (after transfer) e- mails and on both sent and received e-mails. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to when it does happen and when it doesn't. Does anyone know how to correct this? The f...

Runtime Printing Problem
Hi all I have an Access2002 db with a Form and Subform in a one-to-many relationship. In addition I have a report base on a query which has 2 parameters which in turn point to the form and subform. On the subform I have a cmd button to trigger the report to run. In Access 2002 full version it works fine in Runtime version it prints the report less data. Anyone met this before or know what the cause is? TIA Regards johnb It would really help if you would post the code your are usong to open the report. johnb wrote: >Hi all >I have an Access2002 db with a Form and Subform in a on...

Importing Text File #3
Did ya ever have one of those lucky accidents that you like and would like to replicate? I created a simple excel workbook based on imported text data. Later, when I reopended the file, I noticed that the "refresh" button was activated and would auto import when I clicked. The best part is that the import specs were retained. I have no idea how I did this and have not been able to replicate the functionality. Can someone help? Thanks Bean, It sounds as if you used Data - Get external data. It remembers all the paramaters you specify, and you have only to do a refresh, ...

Why is pointer and keyboard control is lost in certain Excel file.
When using certain Excel files, keyboard control and mounse pointer control is lost. Excel must be terminated using the Task manager in order to regain control of mouse and keyboard. Please help! ...

How do I stop triple images printing of my photos in publisher?
I am publishing a calendar with mutiple images throughout the job. All my photos are in jpeg format. However, when I print the job, some of the photos are fine, but there are many that print in triple or double images in the same space that one photo should print. lav50 <lav50@discussions.microsoft.com> was recently heard to utter: > I am publishing a calendar with mutiple images throughout the job. > All my photos are in jpeg format. However, when I print the job, some > of the photos are fine, but there are many that print in triple or > double images in the same spac...

Screen Size
Dear All, I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of the message is huge! The font looks as though it's size 20 and it's driving me absoultely mad...... However, the emails in my sent / deleted files are normal size. Does anyone know why the view is so huge on my composing view and how I can get it back to normal? I've tried everything to no avail..... Many thanks! Sarah Grange, you wrote on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 02:05:00 -0700: > I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of > the message is huge! ...

File level backup of transaction logs
I run a full backup of server drives before doing an Exchange online backup. The transaction log directory is selected but none of the logs are backed up. It appears that there is no attempt to back up the files. I do not use an open file agent but I would have thought that all but the most recent logs would not be in use anyway. This isn't causing any problems as the online backup commits and flushes successfully but was just wondering why this is happening?? On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 14:41:02 -0800, "Pete Kelly" <PeteKelly@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I run a f...

Mailbox size
Hi, for some time i noticde that my live mail doesn't receive new messages unless i delete some old messages. i would leik to know if ther eis a maximum mailbox size in Live Mail. thank you. The mail box capacity is controlled by your isp. Check your account in the web interface to ensure you have not maxed out = your isp limit for your account If your account in WLM and a prior email client is/was configured to = never delete from the server, you may have over an extended=20 period of time reached your limit -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Mirogzy" wrote...

Post Card printing #3
Am in Australia and using Publisher Trial 2007 - I can not get 4 post cards all the same to print on A4 paper. The options are one in the middle of the page or a folded card. Neither of which I want. It was so easy in 2003 and I am getting very frustrated. I have read the "threads" and nothing seems to work. Use the postcard setup that is listed in the Avery A4/A5 templates in page setup. The pre-designed templates seem to work every time. C2353 is one that will print four to a page. There are others. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mv...

Print A5 pages on A4
I produce a small booklet for our church. I've tried publisher, but it seems to work a bit easier in Word with the A4 page set up as 2 columns to represnt the A5 pages. The booklet has several sections, each of which fit nicely in 1 A5 page. Once it is created, with each A4 page holding two A5 pages, it prints duplex OK. The problem arise in editing the pages for the next issue. If I exceed the A5 size, all following pages are sti]uffed up too. Is it possible to actually set the page size to be A5 in Word, but have it combine each odd & even page into one A4 page? Th...

speed up mailbox size increases
we have an AD structure with a NLB EXCH 2003 FE and a clustered 2003 BE. We have a developed application that manages mailboxes, assigns the mailbox quota, and manages the email addresses. If a user asks for a larger mailbox quota, we change it within the application, and the application immediately changes it in AD. Unfortunately it seems like quite a lengthy process between when AD knows about the change and the Exchange server starts to act on the new quota amount. Is there a way I can tweak either AD or Exchange so that the changes occur on a more regular basis. Typically it tak...

Outlook Identity Files Changing PCs
How do you copy the old PCs identity files to the new one? Just copying doesn't work at all. If you're really talking about Outlook (which doesn't use "identities"), then look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm If you're talking about Outlook Express, which is not supported in this forum, you can find the help you need at this OE website: http://insideOE.tomsterdam.com -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- pleas...

How do I increase font size in the reading pane in Outlook 2007?
Previous versions had a command button to cycle through font sizes tiny > small > normal > big > tiny > ... The nearest I can get in Outlook 2007 is to open the received email in edit mode and then select all and then choose a font size via a font dialog. Silicon.Com sends a weekly newsletter out in HTML using a very small font, which I need to enlarge for comfortable reading. Surely I've missed a very simple command button, but searching local and on-line help for "increase font size" etc. brings no help. ...

Backup file size
I run a script to backup my databases. The critical lines of code are: OSQL -U sa -P password -S ServerName -Q "BACKUP DATABASE StoreOps TO DISK = 'C:\RMS Backup\DailyBackup1.bck' WITH FORMAT, STATS And a second line just like the first for database HQ and filename DailyHQBackup.bck The files generated are 107MB (Store Ops) and 196MB (HQ). Recently I executed a 'no going back' query so I manually backed up my database. I don't normally check the file size when I do this sort ofthing, but last night my backup media (DVD-RW) ran out of space... The HQ Admin-ge...

Email an Excel file (automatically) or scheduled
I need to be able to send an automated email everyday to one address, with an Excel file as an attachment. I do not want to have to rely on Outlook, it's installed on our computers, however we use Lotus Notes (with an intranet) to send email. Are there any tools that can do this? JO Hi wojo Try the CDO option http://www.rondebruin.nl/cdo.htm Use Ontime to run the macro http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "wojo" <wojo36@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1121001336.696767.260810@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com.....

Excel file very large in size?
I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet with graph, and also 4 pictures of size 300Kb. Why excel file is over 3100 Kb in size, or this is ok? Thanks in advance Marc Excel is noted for over-estimating the actual used range on a sheet. See Debra Dalgleish's site for info and instructions for resetting. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:37:45 +0200, "Marc" <marc5@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet >with gra...

What file type can publisher open and edit?
Hello Everyone, I'm using MS Publisher 2007 and would like to know what other type of files it can use and edit other than *.pub files? If it can only use *.pub files, how can a person convert a *.PDF file to a *.Pub file? what other file types can be converted to a *.Pub file? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael By the way I'm using MS Publisher 2007 (12.0.6527.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6529.5000) "Ismael" wrote: > Hello Everyone, > > I'm using MS Publisher 2007 and would like to know what other type of files > it can use and edit other ...

priv1.edb still has large size even no mailbox on it
Dear all, I have an Exchange 2000 mailbox store on W2K SP4 which has priv1.edb file size is 27 GB. Last month I create new mailbox store with the database name is priv2.edb and move the mailbox on the old mailbox store to the new one. But after there is no mailbox anymore on the old mailbox store, I wonder because priv1.edb file size still have the same size. Please help. Thanks. regards, Nita A priv.edb file will not dynamically shrink when you delete or move mailboxes from it. If you want to recover the saved space immediately you will need to run eseutil in defrag mode to compact...

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style
Hi, We have an dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 import/export of mailbox size limits
I need to do an import/export of an Ex5.5 directory that would change the mailboxes size limits. Basically, I need to replace whatever is in the Issue Warning Prohibit Send Prohibit send and Receive .... account fields, and change these "manually" via a spreadsheet. I have several 100's of these to do and would like to do it via a CSV file in the Exchange admin export/import. What should the header of csv file be ? obj-class,directory name,Issue Warning?,Prohibit Send? Prohibit Send Receive? Thank You, SRP 2 of the column headers will be: Issue warning storage limit...

Cataloging forms galery for print
I need a printed catalog with all my visio symbols (forms) for quickly view. I would like a program or function looks like de truetype cataloging utilities to make a galery book. Thanks Cada vez que quiero hacer un esquema me veo obligado a revisar los simbolos de cada galeria dentro de formas, me gustaria hacer como se suele hacer con las fuentes TrueType, y es hacer un catalogo en papel, y claro todo esta de manera automatica. A ver si sabes de alguna aplicaci´┐Żn o funci´┐Żn para hacer esto. ...