Showing number of pages, in a document ....

Hi ... a basic question, which, for reasons unknown, is beyond me ...

for years, the number of pages in a document have been showing, on the
bottom left of the Publisher screen. This is how I navigate from page to
page. A glitch has occurred, and now the pages are not showing as before.

Q: how do I return the "number of pages in document display" to the
Publisher display?

Am using Office 2007 and XP Pro. Both are up-to-date.

Thanks in advance.
0
drgeorgep (12)

You need the registry fix.
Look at the sixth FAQ here:
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"drgeorgep" <drgeorgep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi ... a basic question, which, for reasons unknown, is beyond me ...
>
> for years, the number of pages in a document have been showing, on the
> bottom left of the Publisher screen. This is how I navigate from page to
> page. A glitch has occurred, and now the pages are not showing as before.
>
> Q: how do I return the "number of pages in document display" to the
> Publisher display?
>
> Am using Office 2007 and XP Pro. Both are up-to-date.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
mary-sauer (6479)
6/14/2008 6:52:45 PM
Hi Mary ... thanks and it definitely seems what I need to do to fix the bug.

That said, I have no idea what a .reg file is, where I can find it or how I
can run it.

Where can I find explicit and simple instructions about editing the .reg file?

Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks.

george

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> You need the registry fix.
> Look at the sixth FAQ here:
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "drgeorgep" <drgeorgep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi ... a basic question, which, for reasons unknown, is beyond me ...
> >
> > for years, the number of pages in a document have been showing, on the
> > bottom left of the Publisher screen. This is how I navigate from page to
> > page. A glitch has occurred, and now the pages are not showing as before.
> >
> > Q: how do I return the "number of pages in document display" to the
> > Publisher display?
> >
> > Am using Office 2007 and XP Pro. Both are up-to-date.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

0
drgeorgep (12)
6/14/2008 8:23:00 PM
drgeorgep wrote:
> Hi Mary ... thanks and it definitely seems what I need to do to fix
> the bug.
>
> That said, I have no idea what a .reg file is, where I can find it or
> how I can run it.
>
> Where can I find explicit and simple instructions about editing the
> .reg file?
>
> Sorry to be a pain.
>
> Thanks.
>
> george
=====================
On the page Mary directed you to...
http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
               scroll down to...

Q: Where is the Page Sorter in Publisher 2007?

Click on the highlighted word...Single File...

Click the "Save" button and save...
"ShowStatusBar.reg" on your Desktop.

Once you have the file on your Desktop...
all you have to do is double Left Click the file
to open it then left click the "Run" button. it.

If it asks if you are sure you want to add this
info to your registry...click Yes.

Now open Pub 2007 and see if your page
sorter has returned. (Even if a multi-page
document is not open you should see the
icon for Page 1)

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
6/14/2008 10:59:17 PM
Hi John,

Although the file seemed to implement, per your instructions, the page
sorter didn't appear. I did a cold reboot, too.

Wonder what else I might try? Should I reinstall?

Thanks a bunch.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> drgeorgep wrote:
> > Hi Mary ... thanks and it definitely seems what I need to do to fix
> > the bug.
> >
> > That said, I have no idea what a .reg file is, where I can find it or
> > how I can run it.
> >
> > Where can I find explicit and simple instructions about editing the
> > .reg file?
> >
> > Sorry to be a pain.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > george
> =====================
> On the page Mary directed you to...
> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>                scroll down to...
>
> Q: Where is the Page Sorter in Publisher 2007?
>
> Click on the highlighted word...Single File...
>
> Click the "Save" button and save...
> "ShowStatusBar.reg" on your Desktop.
>
> Once you have the file on your Desktop...
> all you have to do is double Left Click the file
> to open it then left click the "Run" button. it.
>
> If it asks if you are sure you want to add this
> info to your registry...click Yes.
>
> Now open Pub 2007 and see if your page
> sorter has returned. (Even if a multi-page
> document is not open you should see the
> icon for Page 1)
>
> --
>
>        John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>       I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

0
drgeorgep (12)
6/14/2008 11:28:00 PM
drgeorgep wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Although the file seemed to implement, per your instructions, the page
> sorter didn't appear. I did a cold reboot, too.
>
> Wonder what else I might try? Should I reinstall?
>
> Thanks a bunch.
Hmmm, that's the first report I've seen
that the .reg file did not solve the issue.

Here's the original info we had before
Ed made the .reg file available...
(This is all I have on the subject...if the
Status Bar still does not appear in Pub
2007it may be worth a try to contace
MS Support)

How to restore the missing Status Bar
(page sorter) in Publisher 2007.

The following solution was posted in the
Publisher newsgroup on 10-01-2007
by:    JimmyJohnson

===
"How do I view the Page Sorter in
Publisher 2007."
===

Hey gang,

I'm glad someone else was having the same problem I was - not for the
frustration it causes, but to know that I was not alone.  And I say "was"
because I've found a solutoin to the Page Sorter issue.

Since my purchase of Micrsoft Office Professional 2007 was less then 90 days
ago, I was able to take advantage of free Microsoft Office tech support from
their on-line service center.  Therefore, the solution you're about to read
is a bona fide Microsoft Office solution, as it came directly from one of
their techs to me.

To fix the Publisher page sorter issue, simply follow the steps below.  But
beware, because this fix takes you into the Registry window to edit a
specific part of the Publisher program, and Microsoft takes great pains to
warn you that making a mistake here may corrupt your program altogether (or
corrupt certain program files that my cause your version of Publisher not to
function correctly).  So please be careful as you follow these steps to fix
your page sorter issue.

O.K., now that the nice big warning is out of the way, you'll have Publisher
2007 up and running as it should be in 10 quick steps.  But before you
begin,
please take a moment to close all programs on your computer, then...

1. If you're using Windows Vista, Click on the start button, and type
"regedit" into the "Search" field under the "All Programs" link.  If you're
using XP or earlier versions, click on the start button, then on "Run," then
type "regedit" into the field, then click "O.K."

2. When the registry window opens, your going to next make a quick back-up
of these files before you attempt to change anything (in-case that
detrimental mistake we discussed earlier is accidentally made).  This you're
going to do by:

     a. Clicking on "File"
     b. Then on "Export"
     c. Then on "Desktop" in the left-hand task pane
     d. Then by typing "Backup" in the "File Name" field
     e. Then clicking on "Save"

3. Now that that's out of the way, your going to start at the top of the
Registry window and look down till you find the branch "HKEY_CURRENT_USER"
Click on it, and a new sub menu will appear.

4. When the new sub menu appears, go down and click on "Software."  Again, a
new sub menu will appear.

5. Next, click on "Microsoft," then on "Office," then on "12.0"  This will
bring you to the place where you can choose the specific Office program
you're having issues with and fix the program-specific issue.

6. Next, click on "Publisher," then on "Preferences"

7.  If you don't see a "ShowStatusBar" string, you'll need to create one by
following the steps below.  Otherwise, move on to step #8.

     a. To create a "ShowStatusBar" string, start by right-clicking on the
        right pane of the window and choosing, "New"
     b. Then click on "String Value"  It will create a new string called
        "New Value #1"
     c. Rename the new value string "ShowStatusBar" and it will create the
        "ShowStatusBar" string.
     d. Now move on to step #8.

8. Right-click on the "ShowStatusBar" string, then click on "Modify"

9. When the "Edit String" window opens, simply change the value data to "1"
(if you're like me, the value data was probably set at "0").  Once you've
changed the value data to "1" then click "O.K."

10.  Exit from all registry related windows and launch your version of
Microsoft Office Publisher 2007.  You should see the page sorter in the
lower
left-hand corner of your Publisher screen right where it always should have
been.

And that's it.  Like I said, worked like a charm for me!  But if this does
not work for you, please take a moment to contact Microsoft Office tech
support directly, because that means that you have another issue altogether.

Thanks gang!  May this small piece of advice help any and all the rest of us
who cannot find the Page sorter in Publisher 2007!

JimmyJohnson

===

More input...

===

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
6/15/2008 12:05:55 AM
Is there any chance that you are running
an earlier verison of Publisher? 2003,
2002, ??

If you are...open the program and go to...
View / Status Bar.

--

       John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
6/15/2008 12:33:37 AM
Hi John,

Thanks for the more detailed information.

I worked through the ten steps, and nada. In fact, the "Edit String" window
had a "1" in it. The problem is obviously elsewhere. The page sorter did
work, until yesterday, so I'll contact Microsoft Tech to see what's what.

Thanks a bunch.

george

"John Inzer" wrote:

> [...]
>
> More input...
>
> ===
>
> Jon Kaye wrote:
> > Not sure you got this resolved. It is a Registry issue.  You need to
> > go into the REGEDIT and change the Status Bar from 0 to 1:
> >
> > START
> > RUN
> > regedit
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Software (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Microsoft (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Office (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Publish (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Preferences
> > Right mouse click on ShowStatusBar
> > Select Modify
> > Change the Value from 0 to 1
> > Click Okay
> > Close RegEdit
> >
> > Start Publisher - Status Bar & Page Sorted should be on the bottom

0
drgeorgep (12)
6/15/2008 12:40:00 AM

"John Inzer" wrote:

> [...]
>
> More input...
>
> ===
>
> Jon Kaye wrote:
> > Not sure you got this resolved. It is a Registry issue.  You need to
> > go into the REGEDIT and change the Status Bar from 0 to 1:
> >
> > START
> > RUN
> > regedit
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Software (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Microsoft (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Office (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Publish (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Preferences
> > Right mouse click on ShowStatusBar
> > Select Modify
> > Change the Value from 0 to 1
> > Click Okay
> > Close RegEdit
> >
> > Start Publisher - Status Bar & Page Sorted should be on the bottom

0
drgeorgep (12)
6/15/2008 12:40:01 AM
drgeorgep wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thanks for the more detailed information.
>
> I worked through the ten steps, and nada. In fact, the "Edit String"
> window had a "1" in it. The problem is obviously elsewhere. The page
> sorter did work, until yesterday, so I'll contact Microsoft Tech to
> see what's what.
>
> Thanks a bunch.
>
> george
==================================
Maybe Support can help you.

MS Support
http://support.microsoft.com/common/international.aspx

Choose country...click arrow...

1) Contact a support professional by phone or e-mail

2) More Office Products

3) Publisher 2007

Good luck...

--

      John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

            Notice
This is not tech support
      I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
6/15/2008 1:29:32 AM
You should be able to run the file and it will automatically go into your
registry.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Hi Mary ... thanks and it definitely seems what I need to do to fix the bug.
>
> That said, I have no idea what a .reg file is, where I can find it or how I
> can run it.
>
> Where can I find explicit and simple instructions about editing the .reg file?
>
> Sorry to be a pain.
>
> Thanks.
>
> george
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> You need the registry fix.
>> Look at the sixth FAQ here:
>> http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "drgeorgep" <drgeorgep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi ... a basic question, which, for reasons unknown, is beyond me ...
>> >
>> > for years, the number of pages in a document have been showing, on the
>> > bottom left of the Publisher screen. This is how I navigate from page to
>> > page. A glitch has occurred, and now the pages are not showing as before.
>> >
>> > Q: how do I return the "number of pages in document display" to the
>> > Publisher display?
>> >
>> > Am using Office 2007 and XP Pro. Both are up-to-date.
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.

0
mary-sauer (6479)
6/15/2008 10:09:14 AM
Disregard my answer... I didn't read the entire thread.

Did you get this to work?  In the past there has been reports of broken profiles
that caused the sorter to fail. You might think about repairing your profile.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> [...]
>>
>> More input...
>>
>> ===
>>
>> Jon Kaye wrote:
>> > Not sure you got this resolved. It is a Registry issue.  You need to
>> > go into the REGEDIT and change the Status Bar from 0 to 1:
>> >
>> > START
>> > RUN
>> > regedit
>> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER (click on the + sign on the left)
>> > Software (click on the + sign on the left)
>> > Microsoft (click on the + sign on the left)
>> > Office (click on the + sign on the left)
>> > Publish (click on the + sign on the left)
>> > Preferences
>> > Right mouse click on ShowStatusBar
>> > Select Modify
>> > Change the Value from 0 to 1
>> > Click Okay
>> > Close RegEdit
>> >
>> > Start Publisher - Status Bar & Page Sorted should be on the bottom

0
mary-sauer (6479)
6/15/2008 10:12:45 AM
That worked for me.... Thank you.  I had to get out of Publisher and come
back in...... THANKS!!!!

"John Inzer" wrote:

> [...]
>
> More input...
>
> ===
>
> Jon Kaye wrote:
> > Not sure you got this resolved. It is a Registry issue.  You need to
> > go into the REGEDIT and change the Status Bar from 0 to 1:
> >
> > START
> > RUN
> > regedit
> > HKEY_CURRENT_USER (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Software (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Microsoft (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Office (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Publish (click on the + sign on the left)
> > Preferences
> > Right mouse click on ShowStatusBar
> > Select Modify
> > Change the Value from 0 to 1
> > Click Okay
> > Close RegEdit
> >
> > Start Publisher - Status Bar & Page Sorted should be on the bottom

0
sirphsup (1)

page numbers disappear
Page numbers disappear after page 10 whenever I do a booklet. On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 02:03:26 +0000, 4Av wrote (in article <C5C8808C-2FA7-4019-93DF-24FA9FAB21C3@microsoft.com>): > Page numbers disappear after page 10 whenever I do a booklet. And we're supposed to guess what version you're running are we...? We're not psychic - please elaborate on 'disappear' - do they just vanish as soon as you enter them, or is this resuming a saved document, or what? Or do they not appear at all... The devil's in the details... ;o) Do you have a Master page? Have you ch...

Outlook shows offline during dial up
Having a problem with outlook 2002. Over the WAN everything works fine. Dial up and connect to the network (VPN) internet work fine. Outlook will sync up however, a red x shows up in the bottom right hand corner. Outlook shows offline, I can send and receive but must hit send and receive. I have reloaded the computer from scratch and still have the same problem. Could it be a Excange setting? Any Ideas? Thanks for the help, If you hit File | Connect to Exchange Server what happens? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize ...

Need ability to print all tracking numbers on invoices
We need the ability to print *all* tracking numbers on invoices. We can have literally hundreds of tracking numbers associated with one invoice and under the present setup (using rw_CreateSOPTrackingNumberString) we can only show 4 1/2 numbers. -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the sug...

analytical accounting lookups should only show valid codes
When entering AA transaction distributions, the code lookup window should only show valid code combinations. It's not intuitive for the user to have to select a code and get an error message to discover which codes are valid. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the mess...

getting more columns and data onto one page in Crystal
Hello: Since you can only place so much data onto a "piece of paper", likely the answer is "no". But, even after choosing "Landscape" in Crytal (10.0), there's not a way of getting as many columns of data onto a report as I want--is there? Ideally, I'd like to get 14 columns on there but am running out of room on the right. Also, I have placed a cross-tab on my report that prints on multiple pages instead of just one. Of course, since the cross-tab has 83 rows of data, my guess is that there is nothing that I can do about this either. Is there? ...

reminder still shows up
when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am running Vista "Toppro" <Toppro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7AE8DBF7-6BE3-454A-82F9-5A040566026C@microsoft.com... > when I run Outlook.exe /cleanreminders it simply opens Outlook, I am > running > Vista Outlook version? The Windows version isn't as important and that of Outlook. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Adding a new part number.
If we choose "edit item" and to make a new part number everything is fine. When we choose "New Item" from the Items menu, then choose "standard Item" I get a run time 94 error "invalid use of null" Any thoughts? SJ This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014A_01C4B158.92936C70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1252" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Run-time Error 94 "Invalid Use of NULL" When Editing Items in QuickSell = 2000 (869936) Confidential Article (The information in ...

Document Assembly in Word 2007
I am trying to assemble a big document in Word using VBA. The document already on the screen has footers and headers. I want to add another document to follow it which does not need those headers or footers. Here is my code, which is intuitive, but clearly wrong: With Selection .MoveEnd Unit:=wdStory, Count:=1 .InsertBreak Type:=wdSectionBreakNextPage .InsertFile FileName:="n:\WordForms\Driving Instructions.docx", Range:="", ConfirmConversions:=False, Link:=False, Attachment:=False End With I am attempting to have VBA insert this already-exis...

number formatting #4
Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to numbers. I have a colunm with number lemgths between 1 and 7 digets and need them all to be 10 diget's long. I have no trouble with adding the zero's as headers but needt hem as trailers. Thanks. Hi zuraan, You could put the following formula in a column beside the numbers and then Copy, Paste special, Values over the original numbers. =A1*10^(7-LEN(A1)) The formula assumes that the number is in cell A1 -- Regards, OssieMac "zuraan" wrote: > Hi. I was woundering how I can add trailing zero's to number...

Show Window
I am currently developing a MFC SDI application. I want to integrate a tray icon with it. When the application is minimized it hides by ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) and then when double clicked on tray icon shown by ShowWindow(SW_SHOWNORMAL). But the problem is if some other application is activated after my application is minimized, ShowWindow shows it but it's behind some screen. I have tried with SetFocus didn't work. Please help me to solve this problem. Thank you. Varuna Try BringWindowToTop. ---- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com In addition to Ajay's idea you can also use SetFor...

Information Stores show dismounted yet mail is still flowing...
Background: Windows AD Mixed moded. Exchange 2003 installed on to a 2 node Microsoft cluster. 1 Front End server...connecting to the primary cluster node. Windows 2003 Standard on, FE Windows 2003 Enterprise Server on BEs (<---cluster) no service packs on either. Exchange has SP1 installed on both nodes and the FE. There are still Exchange 5.5 servers in the environment although they are not being used. The Issue: .....the information stores and public folders all show that they are dismounted...yet email is still flowing into and out of the server without any issues. I just...

Using ajax call to fetch multiple results from multiple queries and showing them 1 by 1 as the results comes.
Hello, I've 20 labels in a 2x10 table on a page. for each label, data comes by individual queries. (total 20 queries for the page.) and it takes about 30-40 seconds for the page to load, and it's not comfortable for the user to see blank page. I want that each cell will show loading.gif images. As and when data comes from query, the images should go visible=false, and the label should display the values one by one. How do I do this task using ajax? Some ASP.NET code example will be helpful for me, as I'm a kind of beginner. Thanks ...

"Page #" footer doesn't display the # on Page 1. It only displays "Page"?
"Page #" footer doesn't display the # on Page 1. It only displays "Page"? It works on fine on the following pages, just not the first. Driving me nuts. Does anyone know what I'm dong wrong? Thanks in advance, John. EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice SQL Performance Tuning http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/8cc771eb-44bc-4808-8ad2-ea33508a48f1/sql-performance-tuning.aspx Is the text box wide enough? -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA <John Gilmore> wrote in message news:2009117113243iam10001@yahoo.com... > > "...

Results show as a minus. WHY?
I have an application that was developed by another developer using VB.net which reside in a SQL table. I need to use some of the data from this table, however the data shows as -0.5 or - 0.99 or -1.70 etc in my Access tables. How can I get those numbers to show as a percentage with only one decimal point to the left? Example: 3.6% or 31.4 %. Any help would be greatly appreciated. No matter what I do it shows that dang "-" at the beginning. You can use the Abs function to strip off the negative Abs([YourTable].[YourField]) And you can format that as percentage either using th...

show comments when cell is highlighted Vs when cursor runs over? #2
How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? You can press Shift/F2, or Insert/Edit Comment. If you wanted to see it "automatically", when you select the cell, you'd need a macro, but I don't think this is what you're asking. Bob Umlas Excel MVP "Don" wrote: > How do you make the comments appear when the cell is highlighted opposed to > when the mouse cursor runs over the cell? To at least Excel 2000, if you have the Tools, Options, Comment Indicator Only you will see the co...

page layout
i need the toolbar to stay & the page to be below it And what are you getting instead? -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "billy" <billy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:67422DF4-6B5A-49C6-836C-9E6B466EE3ED@microsoft.com... >i need the toolbar to stay & the page to be below it > ...

Excel 2007 counting numbers
In Excel 2007 I have a question... I have a cell in a column B1: MJTB1001 I need to paste to approximately 235 new rows in the column B1 as follows MJTB2002 MJTB3003 MJTB4004... etc. What formula should I use to accomplish this task? Also I have the cell MJTB2044 and I need to make 235 new cells in column to fit like this... MJTB2044 MJTB3044 MJTB4044 MJTB5044 ... etc... 235 times.... Any thoughts? Thank you. In B2 put ="MJTB"&1001+(ROWS($B$1:B1)*1001) copy down 235 rows, select the range and copy and paste special as values in plac...

I need to type numbers into an excel spreadsheet some of them begin with a zero some do not. How can I have excel show the 0 in the numbers that begin with 0. If I type 0236547 the number shows as 236547. I don't want all the numbers I type to begin with zero. I am using Excel 2003. Thanks very much for your help. Best regards, Dee use a custom format with how ever many digits you need, 000000 -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Dee" <Dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA60FC8A-C7CB-432A-B2B2-EEEBF86D2646@microsoft.com... >...

Substracting numbers in non contigous cells
Hi! I need a formula to substract numbers in non contigous cells THAT ARE IN ONE COLUMN and have the result in other cell, for example: ..=2E.....................A...................B R1..................................BLANKCELL R2..................................BLANKCELL R3..................................15 R4..................................BLANKCELL R5..................................BLANKCELL R6..................60.............75 R8..................................BLANKCELL R9..................................BLANKCELL R10................................BLANKCELL R11...............

Report Server shows 'Service Unavailable'
Hi, before install, the SRS setup, send me a warning, some like "the Windows Sharepoint Services are install and not permit initialize a Reportserver component" i skip wiht the installation, so.. I can't run http://<localhost>/Reports and http://<localhost>ReportServer show a message "Service Unavailabe", but the ReportServer service is running How initialize that or what do i do? ------=_NextPart_0001_09E699C9 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Miguel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > before install, the SRS set...

Comments not showing
When a SharePoint workflow is edited and a comment is added. The comment does not display in the workflow status screen under workflow history. It shows as follows: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Instead of: Task assigned to Andre Wessels was completed by System Account. Comments: Please update to the new company logo. This happens for all standard SharePoint workflows (Approval, Collect Feedback). Any custom workflows does show the comment. The comment field is update in the task item. It just does not show. There is no error in t...

Show more time in weekly view?
Outlook 2007 On default the weekly view is only showing until 4 PM without scrolling down. I know there is a way to let you see into the evening hours also without scrolling. Help please. Thanks... Bob ...

TransparentBlt doesn't show the bitmap in ME?
The following doesn't print the bitmap on ME while it works on 2k/xp, can someone help me? Though the status returns TRUE. Thanks. Jiac. CDC *hdc, bghdc; CBitmap bgBitmap; BITMAP bmpInfo; //loads bitmap into memory bgBitmap.LoadBitmap(IDB_BITMAP5); // this bitmap has no needles // get bitmap info bgBitmap.GetBitmap(&bmpInfo); hdc = m_obj->GetDC(); bghdc.CreateCompatibleDC(hdc); bghdc.SelectObject(&bgBitmap); BOOL status = hdc->TransparentBlt(0, 0, 80, 80, &bghdc, 0, 0, 80, 80, TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR); //TRANSPARENT_KEY_COLOR if (st...

Footnote number formatting changes spontaneously
Word 2003 Using the dialog at Insert menu > Reference > Footnote, I inserted the first footnote in my document with the asterisk/cross/etc. "number" formatting and set the numbering to Restart Each Page. Thereafter, I used Ctrl-Alt-F to insert subsequent footnotes, and the same formatting appeared, no problem. When I close and reopen the document, however, the footnote references become numerals and are Continuous throughout the document. How can I make the formatting I want stick? Thanks. This is very strange. You should treat the document as corrupt; see ...