Shortcut in Start Menu not working - any idea ?

This happened once before - "pin to start menu" - yep, did that - use it
constantly, no problem, then - bang. It stops working. Delete it, pin it
again, still no go. A shortcut on the desktop works though.....

0
philk001 (9)

There is help here, could be you need to do a registry fix. This is a Windows
problem.

http://windowsxp.mvps.org/pinfolder.htm

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Phil" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message
> This happened once before - "pin to start menu" - yep, did that - use it
> constantly, no problem, then - bang. It stops working. Delete it, pin it
> again, still no go. A shortcut on the desktop works though.....

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/20/2008 12:06:00 PM
Thanks Mary - it truly puzzles.

"Mary Sauer" <mary-sauer@mycolumbus.rr.com> wrote in message
> There is help here, could be you need to do a registry fix. This is a
> Windows problem.
>
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/pinfolder.htm
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Phil" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> This happened once before - "pin to start menu" - yep, did that - use it
>> constantly, no problem, then - bang. It stops working. Delete it, pin it
>> again, still no go. A shortcut on the desktop works though.....

0
philk001 (9)

shortcut keys
I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of essbase to retrieve my data and given i have 50 sheets i was wondering if i could write something in VBA that would simulate selecting the sheet and then kicking of essbase Thank youi You can use the sendkeys method however it's not always 100% reliable! dstiefe;717401 Wrote: > I wanted to know if their was a way through VBA to simulate using the shortcut keys I am trying to loop through several sheets and kick of ...

Can a older Server CU (say DEC 2008 CU) work with newer client CU?
Concerns Project Server 2007. Question: Can a older Server CU (say DEC 2008 CU) work with a newer client CU (say SP2+Aug2009CU)? We are at Dec 2008 CU, planning to go to SP2+Aug2009 CU in the next month. To to satisfy our Desktop engineering group who have asked for a UAT test of SP2-Aug2009CU Client ActiveX update. They want to verify prior to deployment that client update does not break existing apps on the workstation. My concern is if we deploy client update (SP2-Aug2009CU), before server update, they would not be able to access the production system. Valid concern? Is...

$6.00 Money-making Opportunity (Believe me it works!)
The $6 Dollar PayPal Money Making Method As Seen On OPRAH & 20/20 - TURN $6 into $24600. Earn money using PAYPAL. EARN HUGE $$$$$$$$ All you need is: 1) An email address 2) A PayPal account 3) $6.00 THIS IS A 2010 "CURRENT EMAIL LIST" What do you have to lose being you are only sending 1 dollar to six people. I WAS SKEPTICAL AT FIRST, but over a few days hundreds starting appearing in my PayPal account! It was like Christmas morning!!!! INSTRUCTIONS: STEP 1: The first thing to do is highlight and SAVE this entire post in word or notepad on your computer so you can come back to it...

public folder calendar not working properly
recently added a new user for a small company that I work with. Everything seems to work fine for her except for the public calendar. When she tries to open up and edit an appointment that someone else has created she gets an access is denied, you don't have permissions error. >From what I can see it appears that she has the correct permissions though. Also, if I try to check the properties on the public folder itself I get an error stating that the http service isn't available or the information store might not be mounted, but both services are running. ...

IMAP4SVC doe not work
I have MS Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. After last power outage IMAP4SVC does not work. Microsoft IMAP4 service sown as STARTED in services, but Virtual IMAP4 server in System Manager is down. When I'm trying to start it I see the message, that IMAP server shows specific error and can not be started. There is a Warning in Event Log with Source: IMAP4SVC and Event ID: 1036 "An error occured while starting the Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Service: server instance number 1 failed to start with error 0x36b7" Please advise, thank you, Gary Uber ...

Cannot get graph to work properly
i have never used the graph wizard in access before, always excel, but really need to do it in access. i tried the chart wizard, but it does not set it up correctly. Basically i need a line graph, that on the x-axis shows the hours of the day (in hour increments-24 hours), the y-axis to show a flow value (mg), there will need to be 2 lines on the graph (weekend and weekday shown seperately), and there are multiple sites that will each need a graph hopefully all in the same report with each monitor site on a different page. My table that the graph is running off of is set up wi...

Double click xlsname in explorer doesn't work.
My recent foray into automating excel via its com interface went fine as far as the program is concerned. Unfortunately, somewhere along the way I've messed up its ability to function interactively from my desktop. In particular, when I double click on a xls file in Windows explorer, excel starts up with the message "Windows cannot find "+ the name of the xls in question or a similar dialog with a "Microsoft Excel" caption which reads "<xyz> could not be found. Check... ", where xyz is a garbled form of the name of the directory in which the xls i...

SMTP Service will not start.
(I have installed the hotfix mentioned in another thread and tried the trick of removing all fhe messages from the VTI folder. I have also tried the suggestion of creating another SMTP instance) The SMTP service will not start. When telling it to start from within exchange administrator after several moments an error dialog says "The Service has returned a Service-Specific error code. See the event viewer for details". The event Viewer gives the message "The service could not bind instance 1, the data is the error code." nd the data section reads 0000: 40 27 00...

How to append a menu to system context menu?
Can any one tell me how to append a menu to system context menu? Tortoise SVN does it. Is there any sample code available? please help me.. <doublemaster007@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1193287591.951070.80810@e34g2000pro.googlegroups.com... > Can any one tell me how to append a menu to system context menu? > Tortoise SVN does it. Is there any sample code available? please help > me.. > You need to write a "shell extension" for context menu. Lookup in google. -- David Michael Dunn's articles are a great place to start: http://www.codeproject.com/...

Mailbox Manager "would" work according to the report ???
Hi, I'm using Exchange 2003 SP1 on Server 2003 SP1. I've got all the latest patches. We built a new server recently and moved all our mailboxes to the new server. It's been running fine, except for Mailbox Manager. When it runs, I get a summary like this: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2005-08-22 11:20:23 Stopped at: 2005-08-22 11:20:39 Mailboxes processed: 94 Messages that would be moved or deleted: 16867 Size of messages that would be moved or deleted: 993.62 MB Mailbox Manager (MM) is not actually deleting the...

System menu customisation
Hi to everyone. We are not planing to use Service-module in our company, so we removed it from sitemap. But still we are able to create Service-objects (cases, KB articles, contracts) from system menu. Can we customise it in any way? Besides, in an Account or a Contact form, we are able to access Service module from the left list of related objects. Can we completely remove Service from all menus, forms and so on? Thanks in advance! Removing entries from the site map only hides them from the user. If you want users to not be able to access these entities at all you will have to fiddle wit...

How do I turn off keyboard shortcuts in Office 2007?
I need to turn the short cuts off permanently. I keep deleting text amongst other things! As far as I know, there is no way to "globally" turn off keyboard shortcuts in Word. What you can do is remove the specific shortcuts that you don't want. For that purpose, use the Customize Keyboard dialog box (Office button | Word Options, Customize: Click the Customize button). However, instead of changing the keyboard shortcuts, I would recommend making use of Undo whenever you make a mistake. For example, if you delete something accidentally, click the Undo button on...

Time Card week start / end dates
I need to modify the time card report so that the week starts on Monday and ends on Sunday. Just want to know if there is a quick option or area to change this. If I have to modify the report using a text editor I will. I just would rather change it through the program if at all possible. Thank you Jeff Thanks for the report. It looks great except for on thing. When I go to run the report I click on the Additional Details Tab and put a check mark in the List Time Card Activities. This way the person checking the hours can verify the employees times clocking in and out. These times are n...

Working with dates
I've spent far too long on a seemingly simple problem, calculating date windows. I have a cell that calculates a date based on another date. This is a template with no data entered yet. So for instance A1 is a column where a date will be entered, A2 adds 15 to that date and A3 adds 30 to that date providing a "window." Being that this is a template and no data has been entered, when the formulas are written in to A2 and A3 the value is 15-Jan-1900 and 30-Jan-1900. Is there anyway to leave these fields Blank until a value is entered in A1? -- matt330 ---------------------...

Create Shortcut
Hi all, I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an application to the desktop. That works fine for exe-File but not for bat-Files. For bat-Files the shortcut will be created, but if I want to start it -> it will be executed in the desktop path and not in the path of the original batch file. Any suggestions? Regards, Matthias "Matthias" <ichwarteaufmail@yahoo.de> wrote in message news:1118914939.268367.271110@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I use the CreateLink function of the msdn to create a shortcut of an > applicati...

Receiving duplicate of email messages
I have a new laptop (windows7) and have set up my emails to all download through windows live mail. I have 3 email accounts, one is hotmail and the other two are pop3 addresses (such as btinternet, etc). My problem is that the emails which are sent to one of the pop3 accounts are ALSO downloaded in my hotmail account, so in other words I am getting emails double - every time - It is very annoying, yet I do not know how to fix this. I have checked with my webmail for that pop3 account and there is no forwarding set up to my hotmail, so really not sure why it is doing this. ...

Filter out tasks before their due or start dates
In Outlook 2002 Tasks, is there a way to create a Task with a particular Start or Due Date, and Filter my Tasks View so that this Task doesn't appear until that date? And that other Tasks with other dates don't appear in my Tasks View until their specific dates? tia ...

xlt start book
I opened the xlt file in my start folder and added a defined name. I must have done something else because now whenever my Excel 2003 opens it gives me the Microsoft Excel 4 macro warning before it loads Book1. After Book1 loads (either enabling the macros or not), I look for the macro and cannot find it. How do I resave my starting XLT file so that I don't have any macros attached and don't get this message? Thanks for your help. ...

I cannot get my wizard to work in publisher #2

Is Paypal working with money ?
Hi, I dont able to use my paypal account with money 2006. Do you know if it's possible ? Even with msn.money, this dont work (money still searching for paypal acount but nothing happen). Thnaks for your help :) ...

Multi Select List Not Working
The following code works perfectly for a multi select list. I've used it for several years on many applications. I'm encountering a strange error however on this code that takes criteria from three different lists and enters the data into a query. The first two list's criteria work fine but the third list has a strange quirk. Here's what it is doing. Let's say the third list has choices, 1,2,3,4,5,6. If I choose 3,4,5 in the list and run the code, it returns 1,4,5. If I choose 2,4,5,6 the code returns 1,4,5,6. It always returns the first value in my list wh...

2 Servers, OWA, SSL, works on one, warning message on another?
Hello, We're in the process of setting up OWA for some of our customers. I've installed SSL certificates on the server, and to test things out, I'm hitting OWA from the server locally. One one server (SBS 2003), everything works great. On the other server (also SBS2003), I get a message stating "This page contains both secure and non-secure items. Do you want to display the non-secure items?" If I say Ok, everything works properly, but I can't for the life of me figure out what's different between the two I've gone through the configs in IIS, and e...

Work Order
1) Does anyone know a way to print a work order with the original date rather than the date it was printed up on? Currently I am using the comment field to encompass that but is there a way for the date to print up as the date the work order was created? Thanks. Don't believe there is... Here are the dates available for a receipt: Transaction.Date Transaction.DateTime Transaction.OrderDueDate Transaction.OrderDueTime Maybe the DueDate would be useful? -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com -------------------------------------------...

Formating Cells to Calculate Hours of Work
Can someone help with a small problem that I'm having. I'm trying to format a group of cells so I can calculate hours of work , then multiply that by my hourly wage. I'd like it to read so that I can add a list of hours and then multiply it by the hour rate of pay. (I.E. 8.30 hr + 8.30 hr + 8.30 hr = 25.30 X $10.00 = $253.00 ) (@ @) ----------o00o-(_)-o00o---------- Use real time format like 8:30, just sum the total, assume =SUM(A1:A3)*24*10 with 8:30 in all cells format as General, number or currency will return 25...

shortcuts
How do I put a shortcut that leads to a document outside of Outlook (on my C: drive) onto my Outlook shortcuts bar? Position Outlook and Windows Explorer windows so you can see both. Go to the location where the file is. Right click on the file and drag to the Outlook shortcut bar. You'll get a prompt "Add to Outlook bar" or "Cancel". Click on Add to Outlook Bar. >-----Original Message----- >How do I put a shortcut that leads to a document outside of Outlook (on my C: drive) onto my Outlook shortcuts bar? >. > ...