Shapes/Text

How can i make words in the shape of a heart (for example) I want my words to
illustrate a shape. Please help.

You really can't, Publisher can add text to a shape,
but only as a rectangle. If you have patience I have a
method on my web page that shows how to do text in
shape of a heart. Takes some work. Scroll way to the
bottom of the page.

http://msauer.mvps.org/more_graphics.htm

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"ShapeUser" <ShapeUser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
> How can i make words in the shape of a heart (for
> example) I want my words to
> illustrate a shape. Please help.

0
Mary

How do you anchor a figure/illustration to text?
when I paste a figure in the text... and then the text changes (as in I add something) the rest of the text moves along as it should.... but the figure stays planted where I first put it, so it's now out of alignment How do I anchor the figure to the text paragraph? The text is not in a text box, it's just typed into the doc. Thanks!!! All text in Publisher is in a text box. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Yael" <Yael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:732F5D27-0115-...

Error for Textbox text
I have developed a Report in Reporting Service. I have text box taken on Report. In that text box's Expression section i have following hardcoded text like : = "NOTE: �Senior Officers� for the purpose" While compiling this report it gives me error like [rsCompilerErrorInExpression] The Value expression for the textbox �textbox1� contains an error: [BC30205] End of statement expected Plz suggest the solution From http://www.developmentnow.com/g/115_2006_8_0_2_0/sql-server-reporting-services.htm Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups http://www.developmentnow.com/g/...

Alter position of "Duplicate Receipt" text on receipt
Hi, I'm not too familiar with XML, but I'd really like to be able to move the position of the text "Duplicate Receipt" into the main body of the receipt- below the store address- as opposed to having it as a header and footer. Can anyone help? Thanks. hi Tara, you can do so, Open the receipt.xml file and find there are 2 boolean paramter <SET name="ShowDuplicateBefore" custom="false" description="Show Duplicate At Top" type="vbBoolean"> True </SET> <SET name="ShowDuplicateAfter" custom="true&q...

Shape inside a shape
I know its gonna sound weird but i have an extense network and we have various networks inside the buildings what i want to do its put make a diagram for my main network and then when double-clicking or doing something the subnetwork pops up or double clicking shows in a side the sub network ; and is there an tooltexttip option for shapes?? Thanks. the usual advice is to have a page for your highlevel view and separate pages for your detailed views, using hyperlinks or off page connectors to move around. The tooltip/comments is documented in the help facilites on how to add them to th...

Linking from shape to shapes in Visio
I can link from shape to shape in Visio and these work fine but when I 'save as Web Page' these links don't work. Any ideas!!!!!!!! On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:24:05 -0700, Dave R <Dave R@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can link from shape to shape in Visio and these work fine but when I 'save >as Web Page' these links don't work. Any ideas!!!!!!!! Web pages don't have that degree of granularity for destinations, there is just the page destination or the name destination, there is no mechanism to link to a part of an image. -- Regards, Paul Herb...

How do I make 11.800 convert to 800 as a number not text
I want to drop the 11. and have the cell next to it be 800. I want to then be able to use that 800 and add other numbers to it. I am having two problems, 1) the 11.800 always becomes 11.8 ( I have tried increasing the decimals) and 2) if I have a different number like for example 11.255 by using RIGHT I succeed in getting 255 but as text. Please help. Thank you all in advance --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Nave, =MOD(A2, 1) * 1000 will give you the 800 from 11.8 -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net -----------------------------------------...

text alignment
How can I align text to the bottom of cells in Excel 2007. The bottom text alignment button places text only in the center. Make the Cell higher and then look at Center vs. Bottom. BillCT1984 wrote: > How can I align text to the bottom of cells in Excel 2007. The bottom text > alignment button places text only in the center. ...

on_change() event for text fields
Is there really no way to assign an event to a text field? We want to be able to have the format saved correctly for phone numbers when they're entered in (###)###-#### I've read some threads about this already and it looks like it cannot be done unless you write an app to constantly check and replace the phone numbers within the database itself. I can do this but it would be nice to know if there was any simpler way of going about this. Thanks in advance. nope, not at all,.....only picklists its kinda stupid too because under text boxes they have the ability to select &qu...

Text not date
How do I change the settings so that if a number like 1-10 or 1/10 is entered into a cell, it will stay like that rather than turning into 10-Jan for Excel 2007? I know I can add a space before the number (which affect sorting and alignments) or set the cell to text, but is there a way to change the defaults to always prevent this from happening. I rarely enter dates and if I do I would rather change it myself. Also, this can be problematic when doing pasting from one source into Excel while keeping links, etc. intact. Thank you. On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 11:53:01 -0800, Bio...

How to SUM only numbers in a range with Text?
Hello, I'm a new user to excel and forumlas. I have a column that has a total number of units in C9. In column C8 are names of people. I have to either put next to the names T 2, T 4, E 2 or E4 (F9 to AD9). I am using the following formula to subtract from the total number of units for each day in the month. Formula in Cell AE9: =(C9-(SUM(F9:AD9))/2) This works perfectly for me when I only insert number 2 or 4. In column AE,it gives me the number of UNUSED UNITs. Well now my boss wants me to enter the letter T or E with the NUMBERS, and I don't know how to adjust this...

Keyboard shortcut to take cursor from QAT back to text?
I like to use the Alt+4, etc., to take the cursor from the text to select styles and fonts. But is there a keyboard shortcut to go back? Shft+F5 doesn't do it. The cursor should return to where you were in the document once you make your selection on the QAT. If you change your mind and do not want to make a change, pressing Esc will take you back to where you were. You may have to press Esc more than once. Cheryl On Dec 15, 7:28=A0pm, PRR <psaulm...@aim.com> wrote: > I like to use the Alt+4, etc., to take the cursor from the text to > select styles and fonts. ...

Why can't I format digits as text?
I have a CSV file with a column of product codes of the form: 9311662126351. When I open the file in Excel, it formats the cells as numbers and displays them like: 9.31166E+12. I have selected the column and formatted the cells as text, however despite the help text telling me that "...cells are treated as text even when there's a number in the cell", Excel refuses to display them as text and keeps the scientific notation. This is really annoying, is there a work around for this bug? -- Rob Format as number with zero decimals as long as you don't use more than 15 digi...

Create shape, name shape, add text to shape
Hi, I decided to burst as many brain cells as I can working with shapes. Its working. ;) I am trying to add "Oval" shapes (msoShapeOval) tn image on a worksheet, the problem I am having difficulties with is naming the shape or renaming the shape as it is created. I want to start with "Oval 1" for the First shape and continu counting, Oval 2, Oval 3, etc. What I get is what seems to be a random starting shape name such as "Oval 6" when there are no shapes other than a picture shape on the sheet or in the entire workbook. Lets say It started with &qu...

Linking text
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Is it possible to link two areas of a document so that the text (say a date) that is entered in one area appears in another area and when one changes the text in the first area the text in the text in the second automatically changes? If so can these links be made between text in the document and and a header or footer? Yes, they can. You need bookmarks, cross-references, and the StyleRef field. All of them were carelessly left out of the Word 2008 help, so you need to look them up in Google. Here are the ...

How to allow "if then" text?
Looking for a way to allow only three possible entries into a field and using a one letter entry to spell out the full word of that entry, Example: If "P" then (the word) "Pass" is entered. If "F" then "Fail" If "N" then N/A I believe this can only be achieved using a macro, which I have no clue how to write. Thanks! Ken -- Kenshe ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kenshe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28850 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/...

Can Text in an InputBox appear as asterisks?
Hi All, When an input box appears on the screen I want the text the user types in to appear as asterisks. Is this possible? Basically the effect I want to create is 2 types of user for my workbook. One that can edit all of the workbook and another that can only edit one worksheet. The InputBox will have a message title saying " Type in the password to edit this workbook" hence I do not want others to see what they type in! The worksheets are already protected with a password which I want only me to know so I cant use this! Please help, need a solution by the weekend!! ...

Counting Texts
If cell A1 contains a paragraph of texts and if I want to count just letter "W"s (Upper or lower case), How can I achieve this? Example: A1 contains "How now brown cow" the formula should return "4". Thank you. Write a macro and use the VBA functions Instr(strName, "w") together with Split(strName, "w") and count the number of times that it finds "w" or "W" Chris "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC60AA13-B569-4C55-BDC7-1B6295CDAFB9@microsoft.com... > If cell A1 co...

Trying to display number and text in same cell
Hi, I have a basic question which I still can't resolve even after finding the specific section on the subject in the Excel 2002 help file (Grrr!). I want to enter a number in a cell, and have it treated by Excel as a number, and after the number in the same cell, write free form text appropriate for that particular number alone. If I do that for 3 rows for example, I want the ability to add the numbers in the resulting column, such as the following: cell A1 says: $5 value of John's cars cell A-2 says: $2 value of Sue's stock cell A-3 says: $7 value of Bill's comp...

Why do certain shapes don't fall into place in an org chart?
Hello, Using XP, Visio 2003. In an org chart, using the Org Chart stencil, why is it that certain shapes do not fall into place? For example, I've created an org chart with one executive, 3 managers, etc. and when I drag an assistant shape onto one of the managers, it goes right in the middle, on top of any shape that's there. Thanks! Helene ...

Shape properties
I have created a drawing of our server racks. I have also gone into the custom properties of the shapes as they are laid out in the racks and I have entered the server names, serial numbers, BIOS versions, etc. of each shape and I want to display it in a table on a master list sheet. How do I do this? I know the data is usable, I just don't know how to effectively display it. Thanks Have you considered starting with Tools => Reports => New??? Al "Mark Hauschild" <mark.hauschild@remove.acc.af.mil> wrote in message news:O40OwRkfEHA.2764@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

Text on a Circle, version 2
Howdy Folks! I've posted a new version of my text-on-a-circle generator. The new features allow you to: - Position text inside or outside of the circle - Change the direction that the text flows to clockwise or counter-clockwise - Shrink or grow the spacing between the characters for tighter or looser text You can find it here: Circular Text Generator (version 2) http://www.visguy.com/2008/01/05/circular-text-generator-version-2/ -- Enjoy, Chris Roth Visio MVP Register for the 2008 Microsoft Office Visio Conference! http://www.msvisioconference.com/ Visio Guy: Smart Graphi...

Finding text
I am using Excel 2007, I have a column containing formulas that would return a name if true and a zero if false. I want to search the column for the text entry and return that text as the answer. Can I do this or should the column formulas be changed to something else? The "T" formula seems to work only for one cell not the whole column. It's not real clear what you want to do. Here's my best guess... Assume you want to know if John is in the range. =IF(COUNTIF(A1:A100,"John"),"John","not found") Better to use a cell to hold the criter...

Use a text box to calculate and show results in a user form
I think this is a simple operation but I can not find the way to do it. I have a excel user form with 3 text boxes, tb1, tb2 and tb3. I want to use tb3 to show the results of the enteries made in tb1 & 2. For example tb1 = Maximum tb2 = Minimum tb3 = Maximum - Minimum After the entry is made in tb2 then tb3 will automatically show the calculated result as the user will not be allowed to move onto that textbox. At this point the record wil is part of a larger form and not updated to the worksheet. Regards In the change event for the first two textboxes, put the formula: tb3 = tb2 ...

Dynamic text
Hi, I would like to add a serial number to a publication I'm designing. Is there a way to get a different number (sequential or otherwise) on a publication? Thanks Brian W Mail merge, create a data file. Read the help files, it is the way to all knowledge. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Brian W" <brianw@gold_death_2_spam_rush.com> wrote in message news:eFVmhdGUDHA.2008@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I would like to add a serial number to a publication I'm designing. Is there > a way to get a different number...

Default shape text size
Is it possible to change the default shape text size before starting a flow chart or organisation chart? Also, is it possible to autofit the shape to accommodate the entered text. Both of these are possible in Igrafx Flowcharter. I can't answer that question, but I am looking for someone who can help me convert an old .abc file to visio. I no longer have a copy of ABC Flowcharter so i cannot update the file to a .af3 format that visio can import. any ideas? -- Texan "mhall@insightconsult.co.uk" wrote: > Is it possible to change the default shape text size before s...