SETUP BOOTSTRAPPER PROBLEM OFFICE 2000 prevents CD 2 installati...

I'm using Office 2000 Word, Excel and Access and have installed or
reinstalled it from CD 1 three times on 8-month old XP Home Edition, no
problem. Now I would like to install CD 2 programs and use Publisher. When CD
2 is inserted I get message, "MS Office setup bootstrapper has encountered a
problem and needs to close. I can read some files on CD 2 but not the
setup.hlp. I installed CD 2 on previous computer but never used programs. My
latest reinstall of CD 1 was for purpose of getting a prompt to continue with
CD 2, which didn't happen. I think when I installed CD 2 on old machine I
must have had an offer prompt to install CD 2. FYI: I have "Premium" version
with Publisher, Small Business and Shared Clip-Art on CD 2 and Photo Draw on
CD 3 and 4. With my limited knowledge, it does not seem like a bad disc to
me. Thank you. Scott
0
ScottS833 (16)

OFF2000: Description of the Enhanced Copy of Setup.exe Available in the Office
Resource Kit
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;232501
Supported installation methods for deploying Microsoft Office
Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301&Product=off2003

Might try copying Disk 2 to your hard drive and installing from there.

How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;329820

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"ScottS" <ScottS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm using Office 2000 Word, Excel and Access and have installed or
> reinstalled it from CD 1 three times on 8-month old XP Home Edition, no
> problem. Now I would like to install CD 2 programs and use Publisher. When CD
> 2 is inserted I get message, "MS Office setup bootstrapper has encountered a
> problem and needs to close. I can read some files on CD 2 but not the
> setup.hlp. I installed CD 2 on previous computer but never used programs. My
> latest reinstall of CD 1 was for purpose of getting a prompt to continue with
> CD 2, which didn't happen. I think when I installed CD 2 on old machine I
> must have had an offer prompt to install CD 2. FYI: I have "Premium" version
> with Publisher, Small Business and Shared Clip-Art on CD 2 and Photo Draw on
> CD 3 and 4. With my limited knowledge, it does not seem like a bad disc to
> me. Thank you. Scott

0
gsauer (5094)

formula percentage problem
Hi everyone. This is my first post. I am a relatively new user of excel I am able to devise simple formula {eg. =sum(A1+B1)] but I now have th need for something way outside my ability and I was hoping someon might be able to help. I am developing a spreadsheet to monitor share trading. I want one o the fields to represent the current imputed per annum percentage gai or loss of a trade. In other words I have bought but not yet sold th shares but I want to know what itheir p.a. percentage increase o decrease would be if I sold today at their current price. In simple terms here is an example...

importing old address book from office 2003 to office 2007?
How do I import my old address book from my old computer with Office 2003 to my new computer with Office 2007? "Bevin" <Bevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:996FA761-46C9-4F7C-AF44-0E54D95A8327@microsoft.com... > How do I import my old address book from my old computer with Office 2003 > to > my new computer with Office 2007? You don't. You migrate your CONTACTS. As posted at least daily: How to backup and restore Outlook http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm htt...

Moving multiple profiles from outlook 2000 on win98 to outlook 2002 on XP pro machines
We are in the process of upgrading our computers from win98 with outlook 2000 to XP pro with outlook 2002. We are changing out all of the workstation hardware. I have all of the workstations set up with outlook 2000 with as many as 20 profiles, for different users, on each machine. All of the profiles are pop3 accounts, and the .pst files are located on a central file server (not on the workstations). Is there a way to export the user profiles and import them onto the new machines. When the original accounts were set up the users changed thier passwords, so I would have to hunt down and si...

The best Exchange setup in a small hosting setup
I need to set up at small hosting setup where the users can access their email through RPC-HTTPS and webmail. But what do I need? One ISA server? One front-end server? One back-end server? Some clustering or is it overkill? Best Regards Martin - You can do it with as little as a single Exchange server and a firewall. - In a single server environment, FE/BE topology doesn't really buy you much... - Clustering can be an overkill or not, depending on what your goals are. If high-availability is a valued goal, you could look at clustering (and the investments that go with a clustered ...

Page Setup
Hi, I have a problem with Excel XP in that when I preview a page which is in Landscape, it automatically displays as portrait. When I resize it, it goes back to landscape but then back to portarit again ! Any ideas ? Many thanks. Colin. If you change printer drivers, does it happen? If no, then I'd download a newer/fresh printer driver for that troublesome printer. Any chance you have some helpful macro jumping in to fix the page setup for you? If you open the workbook with macros disabled, does it still happen? Colin wrote: > > Hi, > > I have a problem with Excel X...

Visio 2010 beta and BCSRuntime.dll problem
I recently downloaded Visio beta 2010 and now, upon opening Outlook (From office 2003), I receive the BCSRuntime.dll missing error. Seems to work ok but I'd like to resove the problem and eliminate the notification. I also run full Office 2007 suite. -- SP ...

Highly annoying namespace problem
I've the following code, taken from http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnexxml/html/xml02172003.asp to select a node from RSS file. However, I'm always getting a null returning for the SelectSingleNode(), when trying to load a RSS 1.0 document, (which has a default namespace) why? if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals("RDF") && feed.DocumentElement.NamespaceURI.Equals("http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-s yntax-ns#")) { NamespaceUri = "http://purl.org/rss/1.0/"; } else if(feed.DocumentElement.LocalName.Equals(&qu...

excel page setup
Hello, I have a spreadsheet and I am using cells a:k50, but when I go to see the end of my spreadsheet it tells me I have used cells a:ak 295. I have 35 sheets like this and is is making the file bigger than it has to be. I have tried deleting, clear, page preview setup but nothing seems to clear and make my page a1: k53. Any suggestions. Thank You Select the row following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow to select all rows beyond your data and Edit>Delete. Select the column following the end of your data. Ctrl+Shift+Right Arrow (US) to select all columns beyond your data...

Problems adding hyperlinks
I developed a database that includes using DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdInsertHyperlink to link to a file on the network. The file was stored in My Documents. I split the database, and still it worked as it should. I moved the mdb file (the data) to a network folder (the mde file is on my local machine), and the wheels came off. I can open the Insert Hyperlink dialog, but it seems to assume that the starting location is My Documents (the Add Hyperlink starting location is the folder containing the data file, but any attempts to link to a file in that folder leave out any network path inf...

Toolbar problem
Can somebody please help me before I really hurt my head ageist a wall. I have an Excel worksheet that contains a toolbar that I have created. When I change or add anything to this toolbar and open the worksheet on another PC in the office (from a shared drive) none of the changes or additions to my toolbar are shown. I have tried attaching and de-ataching the toolbar through right clicking the toolbar and selecting customize. In fact here is the process that I perform Right click on the toolbar and delete my toolbar from the workbook Amend the toolbar Right click on the toolbar and ad...

Office 2003: Outlook windows do not respond when communicating to
I use Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 for mails as part of my work as our corporate requires us to use the same. The Outlook windows stop responding to any user interface events (mouse click/keyboard) when outlook application is contacting the Microsoft Exchange server and the exchange server is offline. Till the communication times out the outlook windows cannot be minimized, closed, used. The worst thing is since Microsoft Word is used by outlook for mail editing. Even Microsoft Word stops responding during the above said period. I cant understand how Microsoft can overlook such a simp...

Query Problem
I have 3 tables, 06-07 projects, 07-09 projects, project construction. All three I set School District Name as the primary key. When I go to relationships, I pop up the three tables and hook them up with School District Name, no problem. When I build a query with two or three of the tables, no matter what I do it acts like I don't have good relationships set because I get 10,000 - 100,000 records which is 9500 - 95,500 more than I need the query to produce and there will be 30-50 copies of the same record of each all the way through. It acts like my relationship is not ok but I am ...

How can i produce a 2 sided graphs
I need to produce within the same graph two y scales one on the right and one on the left I have just put up a file for you at:- http://www.pierrefondes.com/ It is item number 61 towards the top of my home page. This is one example on one way in which to do what you want. There are, of course, various ways to do this depending upon your requirements. Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "GuyMac" wrote: > I need to produce within the same graph two y scales one on the right and one > on the left Sorry, I should have said i...

Problem with CSocket
Hi all. I wrote an MFC application to make an HTTP file transfer between a client and a server. The application receives as input the list of servers to call (in this case, servers are remote devices with an embedded web server), and one by one it sends the file and closes the connection. The sequence of the operations made is this: 1) Dial-up call to device X 2) Open socket on port 80 3) HTTP POST of the file to the device 4) Wait for the response, and analysis to understand if the transfer has gone well or not 5) Open a new socket (after the response, the old socket is closed) 6) HTTP ...

Best POS/Inventory System for Grocery Stores #2
Hi All, I was wondering what in your opinioin is the best POS/Inventory system out there. And how does RMS rank up? Thank you My apologies for the identical messages! I was having connection problems and got errors after pressing the Send button. Obviously it got posted multiple times. "Tom Bombadil" <Genius_Poster@Yahoo.com> wrote in message news:219DB89A-D8E0-4926-8762-4B3107C0635B@microsoft.com... > Hi All, > > I was wondering what in your opinioin is the best POS/Inventory system out > there. And how does RMS rank up? > > Thank you This woul...

merging values to word
i am merging numbers to word documents and the formatting will not stay. e.g. 45698723.2365879 is what shows up in my merge, however in excel i have formatted it so it appears as $45,698,723.24 can anyone help on this issue? ...

Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using money '02. I have been getting this message for TWO WEEKS now. I set up three accounts with no problem, then this message over and over every day. I have tried starting a new account and I still get the same message. Surely MS's server has not been down this whole time, so I guess the problem is on my end. Please Help! In microsoft.public.money, lostmymirth wrote: >I just upgraded to money '05 because my bank no longer allows acess using >money '02. I have been getting this message for T...

MFC-app starting WINDOWS Screensaver window z-order problem
Hi! I wrote an MFC-app using VC++.NET 2003, which starts a screensaver using CreateProcess(). It also terminates the screensaver using TerminateProcess() / CloseHandle(). If the user activates mouse/keyboard before my app terminates the screensaver-process, the screensaver terminates itself and the z-order and focus-handling of open windows somehow gets mixed up. this just happens when I use CreateProcess(), when I use PostMessage(WM_SYSCOMMAND, SC_SCREENSAVE, 0) for the standrad-screen-saver, everything works fine, but I dont want to use this approach. maybe the system uses different CreateP...

Problem querying a XSLT stylesheet
I loaded a XSLT stylesheet into a XMLDocument to retrieve some of the data. I received an exception when the SelectNodes method was invoked. The message was "System.Xml.XPath.XPathException - Namespace Manager or XsltContext needed. This query has a prefix, variable, or user-defined function." Q324899 I queried MSDN for Namespace Manager and found this article: "Manage namespaces Using the XmlNamespace Manager" http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpguide/html/cpconManageNamespacesUsingXmlNamespaceManager.asp So, based upon the article, I mod...

[ANN] The Entourage Help Blog: "Updated Exchange setup script supports Entourage 2008"
I've posted version 2.0 of my EntourageExchangeSetup AppleScript on The Entourage Help Page that includes support for Microsoft Entourage 2008's Kerberos feature as well as some minor additions and bug fixes. This AppleScript is intended to be modified by an administrator to assist his Entourage users with the setups of their Exchange server accounts. It has been tested specifically with Entourage 2004 11.2.6, 11.3.3, 11.3.7 and Entourage 12.00, 12.0.1 and 12.1.0 but should work with any version of Entourage 2004 SP2 (11.2.0) and higher. Every company's network is different...

How to prevent trend line info in legend?
For an XY (scatter) chart, if I add a trend line then the trend line information is automatically added to the legend. Is there any way to prevent this? Excel 2003 Thanks, Don Culp Hi, To the best of my knowledge you can prevent it from being added, but you can remove it once it has been added. Click the Legend once, then click the Trendline entry in the legend once and press Delete. I suppose you could code the removal of the trend line to make it automatic, but that seem like overkill to me. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "Don Culp" wrote: > For an XY (scatter) ...

Problems with Public Folder
Hi, We're using Outlook 2000 and Exch 2003; I've set up a public folder for an internally developed application to post emails to, the idea being that when the app sends an email to a client it BCC's it to this public folder's SMTP address for future reference. However, the messages are coming in to the folder in Note format, so you can't see the original recipient of the email. Yet if you use Outlook and send to the folder it appears in normal Message format. Is there any reason for this and is there any way we can set SMTP emails to come through in Message? Th...

Can't write DVD's or CD's
I ran the MS diagnostic, and it tells me my dvd R/RW is not capable of writing. (I checked the DVD ROM also). I can read CD's and DVD's in both. I'd never used this function before. My kids wanted to burn a CD, and when I put the blank CD in the drive, I kept getting the message "put a CD in". I tried multiple different CD's, then DVD's. Then I used the Mr Fixit diagnostic. I'd sure appreciate some help. I'm suspecting someone is going to tell me to check that the drive is connected? If that means opening the computer, you'll ha...

Outlook scroll problem
Outlook XP used to be able to scroll the folders list window but now only the mail in the folder will scroll. Is there a setting or fix for this? ...

Uninstall office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I've been having problems with my office install for a while now, it just refuses to update, saying the version of office required for the update isn't available. So i decided to uninstall the whole thing and reinstall it. However, the remove office app doesn't find any versions of office on my system :S Even though it's quite clearly there. I'm on snow leopard, but had these problems before i upgraded, too. Any ideas how i can remove it completely and reset everything so i can install it properly ...