Send pages as Message

I use Publisher to create the letter that has two pages.  Please show me how
I can send two pages of the letter as once. I would like to use the “Send
This Page As Message” option because people don't have to open the attached
files.

Thanks
Chi

0
Chi (34)

If the letter is all text, copy and paste into the email body.
PDF? There are free converters around, most folks have the Acrobat Reader.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Chi" <Chi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I use Publisher to create the letter that has two pages.  Please show me how
> I can send two pages of the letter as once. I would like to use the "Send
> This Page As Message" option because people don't have to open the attached
> files.
>
> Thanks
> Chi

0
gsauer (5095)
3/9/2006 5:54:18 PM
If you check the archives, I posted a way to do exactly what you are asking.
I posted it on March 4. Search for "How to send a multipage newsletter in the
body of an email".

You will need a program to create .pdf files and SnagIt. Both are used in
the process.

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Publisher

"Chi" wrote:

> I use Publisher to create the letter that has two pages.  Please show me how
> I can send two pages of the letter as once. I would like to use the “Send
> This Page As Message” option because people don't have to open the attached
> files.
>
> Thanks
> Chi

You can put a pdf file in the body of an e-mail?

--
Don
Vancouver USA

"JoAnn Paules - MVP Publisher"
<JoAnnPaulesMVPPublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If you check the archives, I posted a way to do exactly what you are
> asking.
> I posted it on March 4. Search for "How to send a multipage newsletter in
> the
> body of an email".
>
> You will need a program to create .pdf files and SnagIt. Both are used in
> the process.
>
> --
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Publisher
>

> "Chi" wrote:
>
>> I use Publisher to create the letter that has two pages.  Please show me
>> how
>> I can send two pages of the letter as once. I would like to use the "Send
>> This Page As Message" option because people don't have to open the
>> attached
>> files.
>>
>> Thanks
>> Chi

0
Don
3/9/2006 6:40:20 PM
No. E-mail handles plain text, rich text, HTML and images that are linked to
a server location.
"Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
> You can put a pdf file in the body of an e-mail?
>
> --
> Don
> Vancouver USA
>

> "JoAnn Paules - MVP Publisher"
> <JoAnnPaulesMVPPublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> If you check the archives, I posted a way to do exactly what you are
>> asking.
>> I posted it on March 4. Search for "How to send a multipage newsletter in
>> the
>> body of an email".
>>
>> You will need a program to create .pdf files and SnagIt. Both are used in
>> the process.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Publisher
>>

>> "Chi" wrote:
>>
>>> I use Publisher to create the letter that has two pages.  Please show me
>>> how
>>> I can send two pages of the letter as once. I would like to use the
>>> "Send
>>> This Page As Message" option because people don't have to open the
>>> attached
>>> files.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Chi

0
Chuck
3/9/2006 8:53:18 PM
No, but you can use SnagIt to capture the entire document as a single image
and insert it into an email. It really is pretty cool.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
> You can put a pdf file in the body of an e-mail?
>
> --
> Don
> Vancouver USA
>

> "JoAnn Paules - MVP Publisher"
> <JoAnnPaulesMVPPublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> If you check the archives, I posted a way to do exactly what you are
>> asking.
>> I posted it on March 4. Search for "How to send a multipage newsletter in
>> the
>> body of an email".
>>
>> You will need a program to create .pdf files and SnagIt. Both are used in
>> the process.
>>
>> --
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Publisher
>>

>> "Chi" wrote:
>>
>>> I use Publisher to create the letter that has two pages.  Please show me
>>> how
>>> I can send two pages of the letter as once. I would like to use the
>>> "Send
>>> This Page As Message" option because people don't have to open the
>>> attached
>>> files.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Chi

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/9/2006 11:10:27 PM
JoAnn seems to know a way.  ???

--
Don
Vancouver USA

"Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
> No. E-mail handles plain text, rich text, HTML and images that are linked
> to a server location.
> "Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
>> You can put a pdf file in the body of an e-mail?
>>
>> --
>> Don
>> Vancouver USA
>>

>> "JoAnn Paules - MVP Publisher"
>> <JoAnnPaulesMVPPublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> If you check the archives, I posted a way to do exactly what you are
>>> asking.
>>> I posted it on March 4. Search for "How to send a multipage newsletter
>>> in the
>>> body of an email".
>>>
>>> You will need a program to create .pdf files and SnagIt. Both are used
>>> in
>>> the process.
>>>
>>> --
>>> JoAnn Paules
>>> MVP Publisher

0
Don
3/9/2006 11:17:25 PM
Don - Check your email   ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

> JoAnn seems to know a way.  ???
>

> --
> Don
> Vancouver USA
>

> "Chuck Davis" <newsgroup at anthemwebs dot com> wrote in message
>> No. E-mail handles plain text, rich text, HTML and images that are linked
>> to a server location.
>> "Don Schmidt" <Don Retired Engineer@PNB.1987> wrote in message
>>> You can put a pdf file in the body of an e-mail?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Don
>>> Vancouver USA
>>>

>>> "JoAnn Paules - MVP Publisher"
>>> <JoAnnPaulesMVPPublisher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
3/10/2006 12:43:25 AM
Assuming that you have Pub 2003, then you can send it as a html formatted
email, but Publisher is set up to only send one page. You will need to
convert your two pages into one, which is not that hard.

First go to File > Convert to web page. You will see a dialogue box that
will allow you to save a copy of the print publication if you want. > Next
You will then get the option of adding a navigation bar. In this case choose
no. > Finish.

Then if you want the document sent as HTML vs. as an image, go to Tools >
Options > Web Tab, and unselect "Send entire publication page as a single
JPG...". In this way your text will be more crisp and clear and can be
copied, your hyperlinks will survive, and your overall file size will be
much smaller and easier to email. In the one test I did using a letter
template in Pub, the file size jumped from 79 KB to 212 KB. If you have a
lot of images in your publication, you might optimize them before you insert
them or at least use the Compress images function prior to sending to reduce
the file size further.

You will notice that your page is much longer than it used to be, as the
default length for a web page is 48", or about 4600 pixels. Go to page 2 of
your document. Click anywhere on the page, and "Ctrl + A" to select all the
elements on your page (or draw a box around all the elements). Scroll to the
bottom of the last element on your page, and click the "two box" grouping
icon which will group together all the elements on your page. Then right
click > Copy.

Then go back to your first page, and paste. Move the group of elements
around until they are lined up, or use the Arrange functions.

Then also assuming that you are using a newer version of Outlook or Outlook
Express, go to File > Send Email > Send this page as a message. You will
then see the same heading appear above the page as you would see in Outlook
or OE, so fill out the fields as you would normally, and Send. The page that
will be sent will be only as long as the last element on your page and will
print as any other message.

One caveat, this method requires the recipient to be able to read html
formatted mail, and see pictures.

DavidF

"Chi" <Chi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I use Publisher to create the letter that has two pages.  Please show me
how
> I can send two pages of the letter as once. I would like to use the "Send
> This Page As Message" option because people don't have to open the
attached
> files.
>
> Thanks
> Chi

0
Nope8657 (939)
3/10/2006 4:24:11 AM
David,
Thank you. It works !!!

I also thanks for the suggestions from all of you.
"DavidF" wrote:

> Assuming that you have Pub 2003, then you can send it as a html formatted
> email, but Publisher is set up to only send one page. You will need to
> convert your two pages into one, which is not that hard.
>
> First go to File > Convert to web page. You will see a dialogue box that
> will allow you to save a copy of the print publication if you want. > Next
> You will then get the option of adding a navigation bar. In this case choose
> no. > Finish.
>
> Then if you want the document sent as HTML vs. as an image, go to Tools >
> Options > Web Tab, and unselect "Send entire publication page as a single
> JPG...". In this way your text will be more crisp and clear and can be
> copied, your hyperlinks will survive, and your overall file size will be
> much smaller and easier to email. In the one test I did using a letter
> template in Pub, the file size jumped from 79 KB to 212 KB. If you have a
> lot of images in your publication, you might optimize them before you insert
> them or at least use the Compress images function prior to sending to reduce
> the file size further.
>
> You will notice that your page is much longer than it used to be, as the
> default length for a web page is 48", or about 4600 pixels. Go to page 2 of
> your document. Click anywhere on the page, and "Ctrl + A" to select all the
> elements on your page (or draw a box around all the elements). Scroll to the
> bottom of the last element on your page, and click the "two box" grouping
> icon which will group together all the elements on your page. Then right
> click > Copy.
>
> Then go back to your first page, and paste. Move the group of elements
> around until they are lined up, or use the Arrange functions.
>
> Then also assuming that you are using a newer version of Outlook or Outlook
> Express, go to File > Send Email > Send this page as a message. You will
> then see the same heading appear above the page as you would see in Outlook
> or OE, so fill out the fields as you would normally, and Send. The page that
> will be sent will be only as long as the last element on your page and will
> print as any other message.
>
> One caveat, this method requires the recipient to be able to read html
> formatted mail, and see pictures.
>
> DavidF
>

> "Chi" <Chi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I use Publisher to create the letter that has two pages.  Please show me
> how
> > I can send two pages of the letter as once. I would like to use the "Send
> > This Page As Message" option because people don't have to open the
> attached
> > files.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Chi

0
Chi (34)
3/10/2006 4:26:36 PM
Thanks for the feedback...we all appreciate it.

DavidF

> [...]
> > then see the same heading appear above the page as you would see in
Outlook
> > or OE, so fill out the fields as you would normally, and Send. The page
that
> > will be sent will be only as long as the last element on your page and
will
> > print as any other message.
> >
> > One caveat, this method requires the recipient to be able to read html
> > formatted mail, and see pictures.
> >
> > DavidF
> >

> > "Chi" <Chi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > I use Publisher to create the letter that has two pages.  Please show
me
> > how
> > > I can send two pages of the letter as once. I would like to use the
"Send
> > > This Page As Message" option because people don't have to open the

0
Nope8657 (939)

No message in outbox

Sending a macro to another PC-how?

Sending mail from remote location

cannot move messages
Sometimes when I attempt to move a message from the inbox to a storage folder I receive the following error message - "An unknown error has occured. The selected message(s) could not be moved." Why am I receiving this message and how can this problem be corrected? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks What kind of mail account is it? POP3, IMAP or HTTP? Both IMAP and HTTP accounts synchronize with the mail server, so moving a message from the mail account to the storage folder requires that WLM tell the mail server to delete the message from the server ma...

Send and Recieve Fix

Unable to send?

Full Page X-Report
Hello, Does anyone out there have a full page X-Report? I looked around on the Dynamics site and others, but I didn't find. I wound up just modifying the X-Report to be a 2 columned fullpage report. However, I would like to see if anyone else out there has done it differently. Yeah, Mine hasn't been tested extensively. I also removed the hourly sales in order to make it all fit on one page. Mine is on my website here <a href="http://www.nicholausmalone.com/">www.nicholausmalone.com</a>. Incase anyone wants to see it. "Jeff" wrote: >...

Sending messages in Outlook

No Permission to Send/Receive Email???

urgent (high importance) messages #2
Is there a way to remove the high importance flag from messages sent through Exchange 2003? We have a number of users that always set this flag even though the subject matter of the message is not important at all. Thanks Might be, in one of the policies that are Outlook/Office based? Sorry can't be more specific than that... JeffG On Thu, 10 Feb 2005 04:53:03 -0800, "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to remove the high importance flag from messages sent through >Exchange 2003? > >We have a number of users that always set ...

Send Do Not Send

What was Outlook sending?

master pages #2
I have a two-sided Master Page in a booklet publication that I am using for the cover page. In Master Page view, both sides of the page appear just fine. But when I exit Master Page view, the publisher page only shows up as one page. I am not using a Web publication, and I have selected two-page master when I created the page, and I have applied the master page to the publication. Why does the two-sided master page only show up as one page in the published pages? Hi - Try adding two pages. You must have four pages for 2 facing pages to "work." The front "cover" sh...

Sending on behalf... Exchange 2003

Outlook Can't Send Messages

'SEND' just sends it to the OUTBOX

Rules Wizard and Send/Receive error
A couple of days ago, I received an alert from Norton Antivirus software that the file "belt.cab" was corrupted but could not be deleted. Fearing the worst, I manually deleted the file. Since then, Outlook appears to be completely disabled, with the symptoms being that several commands have disappeared from the Tools menu including Send/Receive (both), Rules Wizard, Out of Office Assistant. I can compose an email, but it will not send. I have checked my email accounts and all appears to be in order. Even after a complete reinstall, I cannot send/receive email. The on...

sending Access files
Is there a quick and easy way to send access files without Outlook blocking them. I exchange files with a limited selection of people so am happy that what I am sending and receiving is OK. I know that I can use WizZip but the knowledge database also suggests changing the .mdb extension. I don't know how to do this. Do I just right click over the file and choose open with Word? Or maybe there is a simpler way. Thanks When you send a file type that on Microsoft's potentially dangerous list, you get a message informing you that the recipient may not be able to access the file on...

Trying to send emails from an external program
I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a reliable source for sending emails?? tammy0005 wrote: > I am trying to send email from my accpac software and it makes me allow the > email everytime. Is there a way I make my Outlook 2007 accept Accpac as a > reliable source for sending emails?? MapiLab's security add-on (free) ...

Multiple Send to
Dear Experts, In any Document Library you have a Send To drop down option. This can only be configured once that is only one entry. I have to have 7 Custom Send To options. Does anyone know how to create more than 1 Sent To? Best Regards, -- Girish J Bhatia MOSS Certified, SharePoint Certified, MCSE2003, MCDBA, CCNA, CCNP, CCSA ...

Posting Excel Spreadsheet on a web page.
I need to put an spreadsheet on a web page and allow users to save th entered data directly to the online sheet for others to access. Ho would I do this? Garlin -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Microsoft Outlook Connector Error: x no available message stores
When setting up Sync via USB with Blackberry Curve Bold 8900 with Blackberry Desktop Manager. Details: Outlook 2007 (Enterprise Edition) on Vista Home Premium 64. Have tried: Re-naming Mapi32.dll to Mapi32.dll Tried to do fixmapi in System32 but when I clicked on it nothing happened. No exe file extension. Mail app in Control Panel has disappeared so I could try to build new profile. Full System restore. No joy. Just a lot of work. Uninstalling Outlook 2007 and installing Outlook 2003. Uninstalling Office 2007 and installing Office 2003. Any help would be much appreciated... -- b...

Automatically sending with outlook 2002
I am running Outlook 2002. When I click send, to send an email, it goes into Outbox. I then need to click send/receive from Inbox. Is there anyway the email can just send automatically from the outbox to avoid having to click send in 2 steps? Thanks. Check Tools | Options | Mail Setup Is the option to send messages immediately selected? Also, check the Send/Receive Settings | Define Send/Receive Groups. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Ronk"...