Scratch area #2

Mary and posted a alternate methods of moving pages around in Pub 2000. This
made me think about the scratch area and its uses. We all work a bit
differently so this should be fun.

What do you use the scratch area for?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

0
jl_paules (2767)

JoAnn Paules [MVP] wrote:
> Mary and posted a alternate methods of moving pages around in Pub 2000. This
> made me think about the scratch area and its uses. We all work a bit
> differently so this should be fun.
>
> What do you use the scratch area for?

When I do a photo montage, I drag-drop a folder of pictures into a blank
Publisher document, and spread them all over the scratch area, just like
normal people would on a pasteboard with real pictures, with their
scrapbook or whatever in the middle. Then I resize them and lay them out.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://ed.mvps.org

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> Mary and posted a alternate methods of moving pages around in Pub 2000. This
> made me think about the scratch area and its uses. We all work a bit
> differently so this should be fun.
>
> What do you use the scratch area for?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

0
mary-sauer (6480)
10/23/2006 8:02:01 AM
JoAnn

I use the area to place graphics images that may or may not end up as part
of the publication while I decide what to do with them..

--
Mike Hall
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

Mary Sauer wrote:
> You have to be careful with the scratch area in 2000, if you leave objects there
> they may print, especially if you are doing a booklet. Drag the objects to the
> bottom or top of the publication.

Ditto with Pub 2002. (Learned the hard way) :-)
0
erikakatz (293)
10/23/2006 1:32:55 PM
I mail out USPS Postcards to some of our lodge members who do not have
computers.  The members who do have Internet Service get a gif picture of
the Postcard and may contain additional information pertaining to
information available only via Internet.  This information is stored in the
scratch area, and then provided in the e-mail by cut/paste.

Also use the scratch area for a reference of font and size used in things
like ID cards, Name badges etc.

Also notes on special formulated color, nnn Blue, nnn Red,  nnn Yellow.

--
Don
------

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> Mary and posted a alternate methods of moving pages around in Pub 2000.
> This made me think about the scratch area and its uses. We all work a bit
> differently so this should be fun.
>
> What do you use the scratch area for?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

0
Don
10/23/2006 2:30:11 PM
I publish a monthly church magazine which uses the same graphics on a fairly
regular basis. I store these in the scratch area. I also import the Word doc
file into the scratch area and then I don't have the problem of the space at
the start of every paragraph.

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> Mary and posted a alternate methods of moving pages around in Pub 2000.
> This made me think about the scratch area and its uses. We all work a bit
> differently so this should be fun.
>
> What do you use the scratch area for?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>
> ~~~~~
> How to ask a question
> http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Autofilling information based on 2 other fileds
Hi. I have created a form for entering production data. I have a query which will autofill an expected production value (standard) based on the product being produced. This is working well. However, I now need to autofill the standard field not only based on the product, but also on the machine it is being produced on. Is it possible to create a lookup table (or query) that will view 2 different inputs in a form and then autofill another field's value? Machine Product Standard example: A1 soda 100 (bottles per minute) ...

emoticons #2
Is it possible to get emoticons with outloow express? This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office family for Windows PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress for OE 5.x http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx?ICP=GSS3&NewsGroup=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexpress&SLCID=US&sd=GN&id=fh;en-us;newsgroupsmicrosoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie55.outlookexpress...

CountIf #2
I am trying to do a countif formula that will count all the cells in a range that is a certain color.:confused: ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You'd have to create a user-defined function to get the color of a cell -- XL doesn't include any standard function that return the color of a cell. Is the color of the cell dependent on some criteria? If so, you could do a sum(if()) using that criteria instead... Post if you need help constructing ...

Default Global Address List #2
Have a few Contacts in the AD that are external to the domain. Getting ready to add more and want to separate them from the GAL. Have established a new Address List, with the appropriate filter to just show accounts with an external address. I am now wanting to edit the default GAL so it only shows internal accounts, but the modify button is not active when I go to the properties of the default GAL. Any ideas? Thanks. Thats wierd. I don't remember seeing this. The query/filter is stored in the purportedSearch attribute of the GAL object in AD. You can just edit the filter an...

Merging 2 columns..area code- phone #
I have 2 columns..1 being area code, the other being phone #....how can i merge the 2?? Hi Stover try =A1 & "-" & B1 and copy this down. you may replace the seperator Frank Stover wrote: > I have 2 columns..1 being area code, the other being phone #....how > can i merge the 2?? thanks Frank..but where do I put =A1 & "-" & B1 ----- Frank Kabel wrote: ----- Hi Stover try =A1 & "-" & B1 and copy this down. you may replace the seperator Frank Stover wrote: > I hav...

Help with Conditional Format #2
Spiderman--189 | --Spiderman ---210 Hawkman---165 | | | -- Spiderman --220 Hulk -------175 | | | --Vision --------209 | Vision------177 | | | -- Spiderman Batman-----202 | ...

Sync errors #2
i have one user that's on outlook 2003, W2K Pro w/SP4, that's getting sync errors. i have removed and replaced the profile and still get these errors when using dialup. We have all updates for the operating system and office loaded. any suggestions? 1. 18:57:44 Synchronizer Version 11.0.5604 18:57:44 Could not connect to public folder server. 18:57:44 [8004011D-526-80040115-0] 18:57:44 The Microsoft Exchange Server computer is not available. Either there are network problems or the Microsoft Exchange Server computer is down for maintenance. (/O=CAST/OU=LosAngeles/c...

strikethrough #2
I lost the strikethrough icon in the toolbar and it doesn't appear in the add or remove buttons list so that I can restore it. Tools|Customize|commands tab|format category Scroll down the list until you find StrikeThrough and drag it to your toolbar. herbzee wrote: > > I lost the strikethrough icon in the toolbar and it doesn't appear in > the add or remove buttons list so that I can restore it. -- Dave Peterson right click on the grey area of a toolbar select customize select the commands tab select format scroll down until you find the strikethrough button grab and...

Duplicate Personal Folders in Outlook 2003 #2
I have transferred all my files from my PC (WinXP Pro, Office XP) to my new laptop (WinXP Pro, Office 2003), including outlook.pst. When I open Outlook on my laptop I have 2 copies of "Personal Folders" with identical folder structures & contents. I can't remove either folder following instructions found in the Microsoft KB. I don't want to simply rename 1 of them; I want to get rid of it. Outlook seems to be working fine, but it's a pain having 2 sets of Personal Folders. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance, Bill You somehow corrupted your ma...

Convert Word to excel #2
Is there a way I can convert a word document (rich text) into an excel file? In Word type CNTRL-A and CNTRL-C. In Excel select A1 and type CNTRL-V. -- Gary''s Student "sostabarak" wrote: > Is there a way I can convert a word document (rich text) into an excel file? ...

Report type
Hi, How do I publish report in .pdf file format. Database - sql 2000 GP - 7.5 Business Portal -2.0 documentation that comes with GP specify that If I have acobat(not reader) install on report publishing workstation I should be able to publish report ..pdf however in GP, Report Scheduler Setup - Export File Type. I only have option of Text file, Tab - delimited, Comma - delimited and HTML file. Once I post the report and view it on Business Portal. The report is not in format, even though all dates are there. Please advise. Thanks, Jay ...

Returned Mail #2
Hi, Our SBS2003 Exchange server getting lots of mail returned to us saying it was undeliverable, but we know that the email addresses exist and as we can send mail to them from other SMTP accounts. Any Ideas as to why they don't get our mails sent through the exchange server? Thanks Keith You need to provide more information. Perhaps post the contents of the NDR. There are lots of reasons that mail can't be delivered - NDR's are usually pretty helpful in indicating what the problem is. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Keith Ward" <keith@crystalreef.com> wro...

starting from scratch
Hi. I've been using RMS for a few months now. Now that I am comfortable using it, I am ready to stop playing around and officially go live with it. However, my database is full of useless configurations, bogus transactions, messed up receit formats etc. So I want to start again from scratch with a new database. I want to create a new database through the Administrator program and just import the stuff I need. The only problem is that I want to retain my item,category,department,customer and supplier list, which is for the most part correct. i don't want to have to re-enter a...

No Sound no volume control in notification area
I updated to a new driver from Windows and my sound is gone and the volume control icon by the clock is gone. I tried to roll back but no drivers to roll back too. System restore also did not work. Shoots. What now? This is not a Windows group. Do not upgrade a driver from the Microsoft web site. Go to the manufacturer's web page and get the update there. Have you re-booted? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "RiderDubs" <RiderDubs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D617B57B-6C3...

Combo x-y chart and background areas for blood pressure chart
Hi All: I'm doing a blood pressure chart, which consists of simple x-pairs (for systolic and diastolic, natch). Behind these pairs I'd like coloured areas (rectangles) representing the bounds for normal, hypertensive, etc regions. Like so: | | * |____________________________________ | * | | | |______________________________ | | | | | * | ...

Printing Problems in Publisher #2
Hi! I created a publisher file in a older version. The custome file size is 3x9. I had 2 printing on a page. When bringing to over to Pub. 07 the file is not longer printing 2 up. I recreated the file and chose multiple pages per sheet. I have also turned on crop marks so FedEx Kinko's doesn't ruin another 150 color cardstock sheets again. When I print this new file, side one is all the way to the left of the page, side two they are to the left of the page as well. To cut correctly they need to be to the right of the page. What am I doing wrong?? Please help!! Thank you! ...

Weekdays #2
Hello, I have in column "A" row "10" the date as follow: 15-Feb-05. It is possible to get in column "B" row "10" the day of the week as follow: Monday ? Regards, Hi Jeff Try putting in B10 =CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A10),"Sunday","Monday","Tuesday","Wednesday","Thursday","Friday","Saturday") However, you may find that it is a Tuesday, rather than a Monday - at least in the UK!!! -- Regards Roger Govier "Jeff" <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:790A5...

Quickbooks #2
Does MRMS support the class field somehow for integrating with QB2003 or higher? Multiple SO's to connect to the same QB file but need to know which SO the information came from. Since we're looking to integrate with QB what G/L entries may be created at the HQ level that we may need to be concerned with? Thanks, Mike McCormick RMS does not integrate with QB at the HQ level only at the store level as far as I know... mt "Mike McCormick" <mike@muellercpa.net> wrote in message news:OsfSLlr7FHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Does MRMS support the class fiel...

Publisher scratch area
Is there any way with Publisher 2000 to reduce or eliminate the scratch area? I've checked out all the command options and I even resorted to using "Help" with no success. The Public KB has nothing on this. Any ideas? David wrote: > Is there any way with Publisher 2000 to reduce or > eliminate the scratch area? I've checked out all the > command options and I even resorted to using "Help" with > no success. The Public KB has nothing on this. Any ideas? Not quite sure what you wish to achieve. If you don't wish to see the 'scratch area' t...

RMS certification #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C79898.29CB2AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, do you know how to get contact microsoft for RMS certification. I passed = the exams but I do not know how to get the certification. Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C79898.29CB2AA0 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http...

Watermark #2
When printing a brochure (Pub 98) with a watermark in the background watermark will not print. If you have ignore background ticked, you are right, it will not print. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://dgl.microsoft.com/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "KOG" <koglim@aol.com> wrote in message news:068301c36114$15d3fb40$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When printing a brochure (Pub 98) with a watermark in the > background watermark will not print. That will be a printer issue, not a Publisher issue. There are no known printing problems/issues in any version of Publisher. -- ...

aligning dates #2
I have dates in the format yyyy mmm dd. If I use a font like Arial the = days(dd portion) don't line up. How can I align them without using a = fixed width font; maybe via number formatting codes(just a shot in the = dark)? 2004 Sep 01 2004 Jul 01 Vivek -- [Rewrite email id to reply in person] They sure seem to line up for me. If you change the zoom factor to 100% does it look ok? If yes, then maybe this post by Debra Dalgleish will help: You can change a registry setting to prevent this from happening (make a backup copy of the registry first): 1. From the Start button, choose Run...

2 questions
Why is my browser telling me this is not a trusted site, it had never done that before today. vb question This might be a silly question but, how do you make the labels variables change while the program is processing something. Foe example, when you do a search The path changes as it searches through the directories C:\something\else\docs\stuff.txt In the line above the file will change as it lops through the directory, then the diirectory will change from docs to some other directory. I hope that makes sence Thanks "Viper900" <Viper900@discussions.micros...

thanks #2
thanks Jase it worked thank you thank you!!!! allie ...

scratched disk
I would like to install my version of Publisher on my new computer, but the cd is scratched. Anyone know if Microsoft has some kind of return program where I can send them the scratched one in return for a new one? Or is there some way to get it from my desktop to my laptop? Thanks. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;CNTACTMS -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com "Colleen" <clutz@enter.net> wrote in message news:03ca01c3de95$d69331d0$a001280a@phx.gbl......