Saving Publisher

I can't publisher to save to anything but an outside source. No s drive, no c
drive, only thumb drive. Says my disc is full, however I can save other
applications on share, etc. What can I do to fix?
--
Sassy Cassie

Why can't you save to your local drive?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"cassieannone" <cassieannone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I can't publisher to save to anything but an outside source. No s drive, no
> drive, only thumb drive. Says my disc is full, however I can save other
> applications on share, etc. What can I do to fix?
> --
> Sassy Cassie

0
jl_paules (2767)
8/26/2008 6:16:54 PM
Certainly looks like you need to run Disk Cleanup.
Start>Programs>Assessories>System Tools > Disk Cleanup

Move as many files as possible to an external drive.

This is not a Publisher problem.

"JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
> Why can't you save to your local drive?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "cassieannone" <cassieannone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I can't publisher to save to anything but an outside source. No s drive,
>>no c
>> drive, only thumb drive. Says my disc is full, however I can save other
>> applications on share, etc. What can I do to fix?
>> --
>> Sassy Cassie

0
Anthemwebs (309)
8/26/2008 7:14:53 PM
This error will come up with some versions of Publisher if the network
connection is lost. This article addresses 2000 but it very well could be true
with later versions.

PUB2000: Cannot Save Publication After You Lose Network Connection
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198244/en-us

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Charles W Davis" <Anthemwebs@lvcoxmail.com> wrote in message
> Certainly looks like you need to run Disk Cleanup.
> Start>Programs>Assessories>System Tools > Disk Cleanup
>
> Move as many files as possible to an external drive.
>
> This is not a Publisher problem.
>
> "JoAnn Paules" <jl_paules@hotNOSPAMmail.com> wrote in message
>> Why can't you save to your local drive?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "cassieannone" <cassieannone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I can't publisher to save to anything but an outside source. No s drive, no c
>>> drive, only thumb drive. Says my disc is full, however I can save other
>>> applications on share, etc. What can I do to fix?
>>> --
>>> Sassy Cassie

0
mary-sauer (6480)
8/26/2008 9:12:55 PM
My problem is kind of like the following, but different.

Using Windows XP; MS Office 2007.

It's been working fine for weeks.  I can even save new files, but: recently
went to work on a file I've not used for about 1 week and now I can't save
it.  When I try it says:

"The disk is full trying to write c:\Documents~\me\Locals~\Temp\pub15.tmp"

I've run the disk clean up and that didn't help.
I've got 20GB of free space on this drive.
It doesn't save to external hard drive either.
I couldn't say if I have any permission problems with my temp drive as one
guy suggested in an earlier posting of a similar question.  How would I know?
I re-started Windows and deleted the loose files in the Windows Temp folder
as an earlier posting suggested.

Something I read suggests an OLE object problem?  Could that be it?  Is
there a way to search the file for OLE objects and remove them?

"JoAnn Paules" wrote:

> Why can't you save to your local drive?
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>

> "cassieannone" <cassieannone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I can't publisher to save to anything but an outside source. No s drive, no
> > drive, only thumb drive. Says my disc is full, however I can save other
> > applications on share, etc. What can I do to fix?
> > --
> > Sassy Cassie

About the only way you can save this publication is a copy/paste to a new file.
You are lucky to be opening the file. Most damaged files cannot be opened.

How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Frank Simpson" <Frank Simpson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My problem is kind of like the following, but different.
>
> Using Windows XP; MS Office 2007.
>
> It's been working fine for weeks.  I can even save new files, but: recently
> went to work on a file I've not used for about 1 week and now I can't save
> it.  When I try it says:
>
> "The disk is full trying to write c:\Documents~\me\Locals~\Temp\pub15.tmp"
>
> I've run the disk clean up and that didn't help.
> I've got 20GB of free space on this drive.
> It doesn't save to external hard drive either.
> I couldn't say if I have any permission problems with my temp drive as one
> guy suggested in an earlier posting of a similar question.  How would I know?
> I re-started Windows and deleted the loose files in the Windows Temp folder
> as an earlier posting suggested.
>
> Something I read suggests an OLE object problem?  Could that be it?  Is
> there a way to search the file for OLE objects and remove them?
>

> "JoAnn Paules" wrote:
>
>> Why can't you save to your local drive?
>>
>> --
>>
>> JoAnn Paules
>> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>> Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies"
>>

>> "cassieannone" <cassieannone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I can't publisher to save to anything but an outside source. No s drive, no
>> > drive, only thumb drive. Says my disc is full, however I can save other
>> > applications on share, etc. What can I do to fix?
>> > --
>> > Sassy Cassie

0
Mary

How can I update my "Publisher for Windows 95"?
I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? one_thing_303 wrote: > I have "Microsoft Publisher for Windows 95," and I'd like to update it to a > more recent version. Currently, my OS is Windows XP. How can I do this? The current version of Publisher is Publisher 2007, available at most software stores as well as online. Check that your computer meets the system requirements before purchasing. Publisher has undergone rather a substantial number of chan...

Publisher File #3
When I insert aphoto into a publisher file it looks "mosaic" not all photos only some what kind of image file? how big is the file? does it look normal if you look at the image with an image editor/view = outside of pub? could be a lot of things...need more info. "Chloe" <Chloe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:11CC693A-D976-487E-A76E-EEE051D67B32@microsoft.com... | When I insert aphoto into a publisher file it looks "mosaic" not all = photos=20 | only some ...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Publisher 2007 #35
Why does it keep crashing when I minimise it? Is your video/graphics driver current? Are you getting an error message? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "comicool" <comicool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BAA1E8A-1A18-4C5A-8652-C7A3F3E30F1B@microsoft.com... > Why does it keep crashing when I minimise it? ...

Saving Images

HELP I havbe been moved to Publisher from Printshop Help Convertin
How can I get MS publisher2003 to open my Printshop.sig files ??????please help I believe you are out of luck. Do you still have PrintShop? Copy and paste. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Chris Atwell" <ChrisAtwell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D2D44049-4B39-4C6B-B0C3-3B9A8662B5EA@microsoft.com... > How can I get MS publisher2003 to open my Printshop.sig files ??????please help Is there no way of converting printshop files like .biz to publisher? "Chris Atwell" wrot...

Publish Survey
I created a survey in Sharepoint but can't figure out how to get it to display on a page/part. Whe i pull it over from 'design page' i only get a section but no link or survey questions. Hope someone can help (survey function is very new to me). -- Thank you ------=_NextPart_0001_B4CABC24 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit http://vspug.com/ssa/2006/11/01/creating-a-survey-in-moss-2007/ http://vspug.com/ssa/2006/11/03/creating-a-survey-in-moss-2007-programmatica lly/ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6OFlk8X-Yc&feature=related Hope this ...

"Unattainable" savings goals

can publisher increase gift certificate numbers
Is it possible when using Publisher 2003 to create gift certificates, to have the number on the gift certificate automatically increase by 1? Thanks Chris Sure can. Check out the following link: http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=95 -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "chris turner" <chris turner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1D3E690-6F0E-4090-9DEB-967FC5C48D11@microsoft.com... > Is it possible whe...

Saving default tabs

lost pictures in a Publisher document
I recently opened a document created in 2006 and found that all of the pictures I inserted are missing. The correct spacing is there, but no picture. How do I get them back (if possible). Thanks Read the third FAQ here Q: Why can I not see images/shapes/lines when editing my publication? http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Cidmar" <Cidmar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4B89472C-BE72-4F62-BC65-81BA0F761652@microsoft.com... >I recently...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Save csv format to dbf format

Daylight Savings Time #2

Automatic save of all messages from a known contact
Hi, I'd like to store automatically all messages from a known CRM Contact. If for example my customers email-address is somebody@somhow.com, I'd like to store automatically all his emails via the Exchange<->CRM Connector regardless to who they are sent to. Is that possible? regards Juergen Tolksdorf Hi Juergen. My company has a product called Effective Email that does exactly what you are asking for. There is a sync event that gets installed on the users inbox. When emails come in, it checks the senders address against the CRM database, and if a match exists, it creates a...

Why won't my Publisher documents print in draft mode?
I set my printer preferences to print in Draft mode. I'm using a document that has simply words and one clip art graphic. The preference commands all "stick." Yet my printer prints some documents in draft but the majority in normal. Also, if I ask the system to print more than 2 copies of the document in draft mode, it thinks there is a paper jam after the second copy. Why? How can I correct this to print multiple copies in deraft mode without having to sit by the printer and watch each page roll out? Might ask this at the printer manufacturer's web site. Look f...

How to get saved old saved work that was saved over?
I typed up some History notes and saved it. I wanted to use the same format from those History notes for some new History notes and I saved over on my old work. How can i retrive my old saved work? My work was in Word not Excel But I could not find a place to ask a question in the Word help section. If you saved over the original file, it is gone forever. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Maral" <Maral@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0ADFEF9-6A46-4589-8923-4BFC07D9C61F@microsoft.com......

Pages in Microsoft Publisher
Can you create pages in one publisher document that are different sizes, eg, Page 1 A4, Page 2 business card? Only if you setup each page manually. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Colleen" <Colleen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F661EEB6-FF82-4ACA-83ED-231ACDE8A981@microsoft.com... > Can you create pages in one publisher document that are different sizes, eg, > Page 1 A4, Page 2 business card? ...

control recording saving
I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will be used by other workers i want the form to update records using a update button but if the user enters data and then decides that they don't want to update the information. hqw can i prevent the update of the information entered on the form when the user closes the form using the close button "904allen" <904allen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote > I designing a form the feilds are bound. the form will > be used by other workers i want the form to update > records using a update button but if the user ...