Saving Problem in Publisher 203

I pulled up a template that I wanted to use from the Brochure section that is
easily found when you first open the program.  I made the changes I needed to
it and went to save as.  Typed in a new name and changed the path to save it
to a file folder on my desktop.  After hitting save an error type sound
occurred and a message popped up asking me if I wanted to save it elsewhere
(I am not sure exactly were), I clicked no.  Went back to pull the same
template up again to use for another project and it was gone.  Can't find
this template anywhere in the list.  Now my Brochure I created from the
template is exactly where I put it, but the original template is gone.  Where
did it go?  How did this happen? and How do I get it back?  I did the same
procedure I always use in Word, Excel, or any other office program.  Save as
/ rename / change path to where I want it saved, and have never seen this
behavior before.
--
KM1
0

The Brochure Wizard?
The wizards are in a folder similar to this
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\PUBWIZ
Find the files on your setup disk and drag a new instance over.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
"KM1" <KM1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I pulled up a template that I wanted to use from the Brochure section that is
> easily found when you first open the program.  I made the changes I needed to
> it and went to save as.  Typed in a new name and changed the path to save it
> to a file folder on my desktop.  After hitting save an error type sound
> occurred and a message popped up asking me if I wanted to save it elsewhere
> (I am not sure exactly were), I clicked no.  Went back to pull the same
> template up again to use for another project and it was gone.  Can't find
> this template anywhere in the list.  Now my Brochure I created from the
> template is exactly where I put it, but the original template is gone.  Where
> did it go?  How did this happen? and How do I get it back?  I did the same
> procedure I always use in Word, Excel, or any other office program.  Save as
> / rename / change path to where I want it saved, and have never seen this
> behavior before.
> --
> KM1

0
gsauer (5093)
4/12/2005 5:54:29 PM
Thanks for the help I will try this when I get home.  However, why did this
happen, is this a problem in Publisher 2003 or do I have to do something
different when using these templates in order to save the changes I make to
my "Brochure" without losing the template

KM1

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> The Brochure Wizard?
> The wizards are in a folder similar to this
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\PUBWIZ
> Find the files on your setup disk and drag a new instance over.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> "KM1" <KM1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I pulled up a template that I wanted to use from the Brochure section that is
> > easily found when you first open the program.  I made the changes I needed to
> > it and went to save as.  Typed in a new name and changed the path to save it
> > to a file folder on my desktop.  After hitting save an error type sound
> > occurred and a message popped up asking me if I wanted to save it elsewhere
> > (I am not sure exactly were), I clicked no.  Went back to pull the same
> > template up again to use for another project and it was gone.  Can't find
> > this template anywhere in the list.  Now my Brochure I created from the
> > template is exactly where I put it, but the original template is gone.  Where
> > did it go?  How did this happen? and How do I get it back?  I did the same
> > procedure I always use in Word, Excel, or any other office program.  Save as
> > / rename / change path to where I want it saved, and have never seen this
> > behavior before.
> > --
> > KM1

0
KM1 (5)
4/12/2005 7:32:36 PM
I don't know why you lost the brochure wizard.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Thanks for the help I will try this when I get home.  However, why did this
> happen, is this a problem in Publisher 2003 or do I have to do something
> different when using these templates in order to save the changes I make to
> my "Brochure" without losing the template
>
> KM1
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> The Brochure Wizard?
>> The wizards are in a folder similar to this
>> C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\OFFICE11\1033\PUBWIZ
>> Find the files on your setup disk and drag a new instance over.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>> "KM1" <KM1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I pulled up a template that I wanted to use from the Brochure section that is
>> > easily found when you first open the program.  I made the changes I needed to
>> > it and went to save as.  Typed in a new name and changed the path to save it
>> > to a file folder on my desktop.  After hitting save an error type sound
>> > occurred and a message popped up asking me if I wanted to save it elsewhere
>> > (I am not sure exactly were), I clicked no.  Went back to pull the same
>> > template up again to use for another project and it was gone.  Can't find
>> > this template anywhere in the list.  Now my Brochure I created from the
>> > template is exactly where I put it, but the original template is gone.  Where
>> > did it go?  How did this happen? and How do I get it back?  I did the same
>> > procedure I always use in Word, Excel, or any other office program.  Save as
>> > / rename / change path to where I want it saved, and have never seen this
>> > behavior before.
>> > --
>> > KM1

0
gsauer (5093)

Where is Microsoft Publisher 2002?
Microsoft Publisher 2000 was included in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional. I installed Microsoft Office XP Professional, but I can't find Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP). Did Microsoft Publisher 2002(XP) have to be purchased separately? If it is part of the Office XP bundle how do I load it. Not all versions of Office are the same as other versions - just like the different editions vary. You need to read the box to make sure you are getting what you need - or to see what program are included. Pub 2002 had to be purchased separately because it wasn't included with any retail s...

Problems saving a worksheet with Links
Does anyone know how I can resolve this issue ... I have a directory which contains 129 worksheets which have links to external data (in a Master Spreadsheet) -- I need to copy these files into a New Directory, but kee the Master Spreadsheet (which they are linked to) in the original location. If I do a simple Cut & Past, the Reference Link to the Master Spreadsheet gets moved to the New Directory (where the file does not exist), but if I open the worksheet (in the original directory/location) and Save As to the New Directory, the worksheet saved in the New Directory maintains its link t...

RPC over HTTP problem #3
Hi, All! My network configuration: DC1, DC2 and MX (MS Exchange 2003, sp1). All of them Windows Server 2003. What was done: In the registry on dc1 and dc2 was created a new key: "NSPI Interface protocol sequences" with value: ncacn_http:6004. MX was promoted to be a GC. Installed RPC over HTTP windows component. MX was changed to be RPC-HTTP back-end server. On the MX Default Web Site was installed cerificate from the local authority running on DC2. On the RPC virtual directory anonymous access and integrated windows authentication were disabled. In the registry of MX the key HK...

Saving User Settings in Outlook...
Hello everyone, Does anyone know how to save the user settings for MS outlook 2003? Thanks to all who reply, Ismael The reason I would like to be able to save the user settings is so I'll be able to restore these settings should I need to in case I had to do a clean install of WinXP and office 2003 either on the same computer of on another newly bought computer. Thanks to all who reply, Ismael "Ismael" <I_Tena@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ueqwqfaHGHA.2948@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello everyone, > > Does anyone know how to save the user setting...

Publisher 2000 changes default font
Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have discovered fonts used by Groupwise have changed. This implies that P2000 has changed the default font somewhere - any ideas please? How do I change the fonts in GroupWise http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10061270.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "PS" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1be4401c45220$f2b1b4a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Having loaded Publisher 2000 onto a Win98 m/c I have > discover...

email set up in publisher

Save As using contents of Cell in Name

Send/Receive Problem
I am using Outlook 2002 on an XP platform. I cannot get Outlook to check for Email at regular intervals. I have the my Outlook set to Send and Receive all my accounts every 10 minutes but nothing happens. The only way I can receive Emails is by manually using the Send/Recv button or pressing F9. Can anyone offer any help. In case it is relevant I am using Norton Internet Security 2003. PWS Not sure it it Yor problem, but Outlook has some problems with Noroton Antivirus runing and chekking e-mails. As far as I know, Outlook may stop recieving e-mails from POP3 servers due to very le...

Excel problem #3

Sync net folder problem
I am sharing my calendar to my workmate with net folder. My PC is Win XP and Office 2000 and my workmate's is Win 98 and also Office 2000. I always find that My calender can't be updated from my workmate when I return office after I've taken my notebook for a few days. Can't net folder sync. data offline? Thx. your attention. Ken So Net Folders uses e-mail messages to send updates between computers so naturally you would have to be connected to your e-mail to get any updates. When you leave the office and are not connected you won't get any updates but as soon as ...

chart line style problem
I am making a scatter chart (with lines) in Excel 2007 under Vista. I can select a line style, for example, long dashes. However, if I try to change the axis (change from "automatic" to "fixed" on the horizontal axis), the line on the chart immediately becomes solid again. The legend still shows the proper dashing. I can get the dashing partly back by making the line thinner, but only where the variation is fastest - regions where the derivative is near zero are still solid even for thin lines. I'll appreciate any help! frank I was not able to reproduce this. Can you...

Font problem with Office 2004 for mac
I have Tiger, whenever I try to Launch any Office program, as the the menu loads to 'optimizing font menu performance' It pops up with 'The font " " has been corrupted and should be removed'. It does this with MANY fonts, many of which I don't even have in my font folder. It does this every time during the program start, and most times even if I go through clicking ok 40-60 times it will sometimes freeze up anyway. Anyway to fix, get around this problem? Please email me at madefornothing@yahoo.com. Hi, this problem affects quite a few users, and there'...

auto forward problems
I setup a 'contact' for 5 existing users in Exchange 5.5 Administrator. I give the contacts the desired SMTP address where they want their mail forwarded to. I set the corresponding 'contact' as the 'alternate recipient' for each of the 5 as detailed in Q255697. 2 of 5 work, the other 3 do not. When sending to each of the 5, 3 return undeliverable stating "A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients." Any ideas? -adam Adam SK wrote: > I setup a 'con...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Active Directory/Exchange problem
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two bo...

small problem
hi every body; i wrote a program that it has error ;plz help me :( using System; namespace ConsoleApplication45 { class Program { static void Main(string[] args) { Console.ForegroundColor = ConsoleColor.Red; Console.WriteLine("***********"); for (int i = 0; i < 1008; i++) { Console.BackgroundColor = ConsoleColor.DarkCyan; Console.Write(" "); } move(); // ***********error is for here***********************************************...

save as version 2003 problem
I'm working in vba in Access to create and save an Excel file. All's good except that one of the workstations this is runnign on is using Office 2007. I'm developing in 2003 and all the other workstatiosn they have are using 2003. It's very important that the files be saved in 2003 format. When I do this, it runs fine and saves as 97/95 objExcelBk.SaveAs sTempPath & sExcelFileName, xlExcel9795 ','56 = xl 2000/2003 I read online in a forum post that "56" is the correct code for saving as 2003 but that's when the code is written in 20...

how do i recover data in publisher
i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked the "ok" button in the window and lost all data . can i recover it Look in a folder in My Documents named "My Data Sources". Publisher data is saved as .mdb(Access) file. Did you try selecting "Edit Address List" in the Mailings and Catalog menu (Tools)? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dee" <dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:690430F1-36DE-47EE-8B7D-DD12A096C075@microsoft.com... >i have been entering addresses to set up a mail merge. i cllicked ...

form and query problem. please help.

Article published by Microsoft reg. 'Event' custom entity
Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen it and can provide a hyperlink? I will really appreciate it. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.aspx you'll probably find it in the above link "mkatsev" wrote: > Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a > sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I > bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen...

Publisher 2003 #42
I am working on a 50+ page document in Publisher 2003, which I imported from Word. Suddenly, pages that were previously consecutive are "jumping" when I scroll through the document, jumping from page 19 to 33, etc. The text box links at the bottom of each page are working. I've tried cutting and pasting into a new document in case this one is corrupt, but with no success. I'd hate to have to start again, because I don't know what I could do differently, but this document is useless the way it is. Any ideas? Thanks. - Eldeem Description of the "Import Word Document...

Hidden log on problem
On our XP Home laptop I have 2 users on the welcome screen, while my admin account uses (ctrl alt del) x2. All is fine until it goes into standby when I am in admin. Then on wake up the welcome screen comes back, but (ctrl alt del) x2 does nothing. I can't see a way to get back into my account without rebooting. Is there another way (opening one of the other accounts is as slow as rebooting)? Cheers, S On Mar 30, 9:26=A0am, "spamlet" <spam.mores...@invalid.invalid> wrote: > On our XP Home laptop I have 2 users on the welcome screen, while my a...

Publish as PDF or XPS plug-in
I am using Publisher 2007 on a Windows XP Pro 2002 SP3 box. When I go File > Publish as PDF or XPS and publish a document using the default settings for high quality printing with the "Open file after publishing" option enabled, the PDF opens in Adobe Acrobat 4.0. In the Windows Tools > Folder Options > File Types window, I have configured the file type PDF to open with Adobe Reader 9.0. When I double click a PDF on the desktop, the PDF opens in Adobe Reader 9.0. When I use the publish as PDF or XPS plug-in to create a PDF, the PDF opens in Adobe Acrobat 4.0. Why? Ch...