Saving multiple pages as web pages in Publisher 2003

I have been send a Publisher 2003 document from another person. I wish to
convert it to web pages so that I may load it so that other people can view
it via a browser.
I have tried to save it as single file web page or web page but only page 1
is saved as html. If I try to save each page individually, giving them an
unique name, but only page 1 is saved, each time with  the unique name.
The on-line help does not appear to help much here.
Does anyone have an idea what to do? I'm sure that I must not be the 1st to
ask this.
Alternatively is it possible to save the whole publication as a single web
file?

0
Tigers (3)

Elongate the web page, copy/paste the pages. Your best answer is if you ask this
in the Publisher web design newsgroup.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Tigers!" <Tigers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been send a Publisher 2003 document from another person. I wish to
> convert it to web pages so that I may load it so that other people can view
> it via a browser.
> I have tried to save it as single file web page or web page but only page 1
> is saved as html. If I try to save each page individually, giving them an
> unique name, but only page 1 is saved, each time with  the unique name.
> The on-line help does not appear to help much here.
> Does anyone have an idea what to do? I'm sure that I must not be the 1st to
> ask this.
> Alternatively is it possible to save the whole publication as a single web
> file?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
3/10/2008 10:11:29 AM
If you truly want to convert your print publication to web pages, reference:
Convert a print newsletter for use on the Web:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011030981033.aspx
And for more information: Converting publications:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504391033.aspx

Once you convert your document to a web publication, you can, if you must,
copy and paste all the content from the other pages to the first page,
delete the old pages, and Publish to the Web" to produce a single web page,
or to save as a .mht file.

Alternatively and probably easier than converting your print publication to
a web publication is to convert your Pub doc to a PDF, upload that file to
your website, and write a link to it from your site. This is assuming that
you already have a site and are just planning on adding this material. The
PDF file will in most cases automatically open in a viewer's browser when
they click on the link to the file. The advantage to a PDF is that you won't
have to worry about how the publication format will be changed when you
convert it to html, and it will be faster.

For more information reference: Including external files in a Publisher web:
http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx
Though this talks about a Pub web, the process is the same to upload your
pdf file to your existing website, and link to it.

If you need a pdf tool, www.primopdf.com is a good freebie.

If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group
and we will try to help you there:

DavidF

"Tigers!" <Tigers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have been send a Publisher 2003 document from another person. I wish to
> convert it to web pages so that I may load it so that other people can
> view
> it via a browser.
> I have tried to save it as single file web page or web page but only page
> 1
> is saved as html. If I try to save each page individually, giving them an
> unique name, but only page 1 is saved, each time with  the unique name.
> The on-line help does not appear to help much here.
> Does anyone have an idea what to do? I'm sure that I must not be the 1st
> ask this.
> Alternatively is it possible to save the whole publication as a single web
> file?

0
Nope8657 (939)
3/10/2008 2:58:58 PM
When you say elogate the web page do you mean whilst in publisher i.e. in web
publication mode  or via the html?

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Elongate the web page, copy/paste the pages. Your best answer is if you ask this
> in the Publisher web design newsgroup.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Tigers!" <Tigers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been send a Publisher 2003 document from another person. I wish to
> > convert it to web pages so that I may load it so that other people can view
> > it via a browser.
> > I have tried to save it as single file web page or web page but only page 1
> > is saved as html. If I try to save each page individually, giving them an
> > unique name, but only page 1 is saved, each time with  the unique name.
> > The on-line help does not appear to help much here.
> > Does anyone have an idea what to do? I'm sure that I must not be the 1st to
> > ask this.
> > Alternatively is it possible to save the whole publication as a single web
> > file?

0
Tigers (3)
3/11/2008 12:02:00 PM
Thank you for that. I will try primoPDF.

"DavidF" wrote:

> If you truly want to convert your print publication to web pages, reference:
> Convert a print newsletter for use on the Web:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA011030981033.aspx
> And for more information: Converting publications:
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/CH010504391033.aspx
>
> Once you convert your document to a web publication, you can, if you must,
> copy and paste all the content from the other pages to the first page,
> delete the old pages, and Publish to the Web" to produce a single web page,
> or to save as a .mht file.
>
> Alternatively and probably easier than converting your print publication to
> a web publication is to convert your Pub doc to a PDF, upload that file to
> your website, and write a link to it from your site. This is assuming that
> you already have a site and are just planning on adding this material. The
> PDF file will in most cases automatically open in a viewer's browser when
> they click on the link to the file. The advantage to a PDF is that you won't
> have to worry about how the publication format will be changed when you
> convert it to html, and it will be faster.
>
> For more information reference: Including external files in a Publisher web:
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/dbartosik/archive/2006/01/07/80561.aspx
> Though this talks about a Pub web, the process is the same to upload your
> pdf file to your existing website, and link to it.
>
> If you need a pdf tool, www.primopdf.com is a good freebie.
>
> If you have more questions about Publisher webs, then post in the web group
> and we will try to help you there:
>
> DavidF
>
> "Tigers!" <Tigers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have been send a Publisher 2003 document from another person. I wish to
> > convert it to web pages so that I may load it so that other people can
> > view
> > it via a browser.
> > I have tried to save it as single file web page or web page but only page
> > 1
> > is saved as html. If I try to save each page individually, giving them an
> > unique name, but only page 1 is saved, each time with  the unique name.
> > The on-line help does not appear to help much here.
> > Does anyone have an idea what to do? I'm sure that I must not be the 1st
> > ask this.
> > Alternatively is it possible to save the whole publication as a single web
> > file?

0
Tigers (3)

Can't setup multiple smart hosts
Trying to setup all my servers to forward their externally bound internet mail to 2 servers so we can better control the mail flow outbound. On the SMTP virtual server, if we enter in the smart hosts names or IPs as follows we get an error saying "The Domain Name Is Not Valid": FQDN1;FQDN2 or [1.2.3.4];[1.2.3.5] If we put just 1 of the FQDN or the IP it will accept that, but not multiples of either. Any ideas why? Thanks Don't configure Smarthosts on the SMTP Virtual Server, for starters. Create an SMTP Connector to do this. Assugn the connector the address space of &q...

Multiple Currency
Thanks in advance for the help. CRM ver 1.2 does not support Multiple currency. One of the customers requirment is to have Multiple currency support. He buys products from various countries and sell them in his local currency and in dollars. The current version only supports one currency. Can any one provide us with a sutiable alternative solution regards sai You can use post callouts to callout to currency conversion sights to do a live conversion for you. I have not see any multi-currency solutions beyond adding code to do it yourself. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http:/...

Publisher File #3
When I insert aphoto into a publisher file it looks "mosaic" not all photos only some what kind of image file? how big is the file? does it look normal if you look at the image with an image editor/view = outside of pub? could be a lot of things...need more info. "Chloe" <Chloe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:11CC693A-D976-487E-A76E-EEE051D67B32@microsoft.com... | When I insert aphoto into a publisher file it looks "mosaic" not all = photos=20 | only some ...

Outlook Web Access not operation after disasterrecovery
Replaced and exchange 2003 box (followed MS article - downed the old server, brought new one online with same, name, ran setup /disaterrecovery, restored the databases from backup, mounted IS, installed service packs). Everything's fine after quite a few messes regarding Exchange 5.5 connectors still in ADSI, which took some work to clear out. Now event logs are completely clean, not even warnings showing. However, somewhere in the process, Outlook Web Access isn't operational. I've checked permissions on all folders (per MS' knowledgebase articles), ensured IIS is ope...

Upgrade Procedures from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003
Your insight would be greatly appreciated. I am currently testing the upgrade procedures from Windows 2000/Exchange 2000 to Windows 2003/Exchange 2003. The upgrade testing for Windows 2000 to Windows 2003 is going very well. However, I came across an unexpected message when attempting to upgrade Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003. During the upgrade, a message appeared stating the following: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Service" can not be assigned the action "upgrade" because: - Setup has detected that at least one front end server in thi...

Multiple Credit Scores
I registered and set up the "My Credit Scores" and "My Credit Alerts" for myself and was wondering how to set it up for my spouse? I started to set up another account but was afraid it would remove mine. Any ideas? Thanks, Ryan ...

Distribution List to use multiple emails for contact
I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to include all email accounts setup for that contact when sending a message out. Currently I can only send out to the default email account. Is there a way to get this to work? The sending account is chosen at the time you send a message. It is not a property of either a Contact or a DL. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tiffany" <tslaton@nuvox.net> wrote in message news:1783701c41deb$2ad1a940$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to setup a Distribution List and want to > include all email accounts setup for that conta...

Unable to save password in Outlook 2003

Save and save as

Multiple Quarantine Folders in Outlook 2003
A user showed me that her folders list has recently grow multiple quarantine folders: Quarantine, Quarantine1, Quarantine2, etc. The is not a shared computer. The only reference I can find is something to do with the Cached Mode. But is there something I am missing? Client PC Windows XPSP2 Office Outlook 2003 Server (Internal) Windows Server 2003 Standard SP2 Exchange Server 2003 SP2 IMF with regular updates to filter file Thanks in advance, Mike "M" <nothing@nospamplease.com> wrote in message news:OliqA7IfJHA.504@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... >A user showed me that her...

ATTN: Need to import data from access database, hosted on web.
This should be fun. I can use the import data feature to get data into excel from a loca access database, But i need a central access dbase on the web, and when someone open the excel workbook, it auto updates from the access dbase hosted on th web server. Im assuming this has something to to with the connection strings et that i need to write, could anyone point me in the right direction o post a solution, many many thanks in advance. Pau -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Counting Multiple Records by specific criteria
Hi, I'm having problems getting the right formula to suit what I need. Basically I have a large spreadsheet containing many records and I want to count the number of records that meet three specific types of criteria. e.g. Column A = Type Column B = Status Column C = Ref No. (i.e. 1.06) The above columns have many different entries, therefore I would like to count the number of records which meet the following criteria. No of Records = Type A, Status X, Ref 1.06. I have used SUMProduct, CountIF and etc but I don't seem to be doing it correctly. I have do...

Saving Images

Publisher 2007 #35
Why does it keep crashing when I minimise it? Is your video/graphics driver current? Are you getting an error message? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "comicool" <comicool@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1BAA1E8A-1A18-4C5A-8652-C7A3F3E30F1B@microsoft.com... > Why does it keep crashing when I minimise it? ...

Background Banking Setup on 2003 Canadian
I have set up MS Money so that I use my .Net passport to logon. However when I go into File, Password Manager, Financial Institution Settings there aren't any accounts. The accounts are setup, online banking is enabled for them and I have even downloaded transactions manually. Any ideas? Marina ...

Multiple ActiveX Controls
We have an ActiveX control that is built in VC++ and being used in VB and VC++. We are trying to use it in applications where there will be multiple instances of the control. When we attempt to use the control in this way, some, not all, of the events are passed to the wrong control. Ex: If there are three instances placed on a form and the third instance fires an event, the interface for the first control in the form will be the one that receives the event. When we've examined this closely, we have found that the handle of the control is being lost. Has anyone else seen anythin...

"Unattainable" savings goals

Saving default tabs

Exchange 2003, Sender ID and MSGFILTER.DLL
We are in the process of enabling Sender ID on our Exchange 2003 SP2 system. During testing we ran into an issue with Sender ID, SPF records and subnet masks mentioned here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/910272 I have applied this Hotfix and it appears to have resolved this issue. I have since discovered there are numerous other Hotfixes that update MSGFILTER.DLL and the most recent that I can find is: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/951639 This updates MSGFILTER.DLL to 6.5.7653.37 Is it safe to assume that this updated DLL contains the changes in the previous updates? ...

Save to unProtect a Document?

Z Report for Multiple Days/weeks/months
Does anyone know where I can get a report that will give me the daily Z report data but in column data by date? Right now I have to manualy enter every Z report into a spreadsheet. The data is obviously in the database but there is no obvious way of getting it out. I DO NOT want to just REPRINT Z Reports. I want a full month or quarters worth of data in a single report but still broken down by day. This will allow me to save as a CSV file then import into Excel where I can then massage the data as necessary. Please help, I get a lot of info from this data like the ability to analyz...