saddle stitch stapling a booklet

printing a half A4 booklet, side folding. When select saddle stitch it
staples in the centre but as for a top folding book not a side folding? Can't
select any other position in the options as they are greyed out.

Are the options dimmed in the print setup or your printer setup? Usually this
will be a printer option. What version Publisher are you using?

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> printing a half A4 booklet, side folding. When select saddle stitch it
> staples in the centre but as for a top folding book not a side folding? Can't
> select any other position in the options as they are greyed out.

0
Mary
3/5/2010 11:25:06 AM
The options are dimmed in the print setup - using Publisher 2007

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Are the options dimmed in the print setup or your printer setup? Usually this
> will be a printer option. What version Publisher are you using?
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > printing a half A4 booklet, side folding. When select saddle stitch it
> > staples in the centre but as for a top folding book not a side folding? Can't
> > select any other position in the options as they are greyed out.
>

> .

Does your printer have a booklet setting? When you do a print preview is the
preview correct? Have you gone to the printer's web page and looked around for
support documents or an updated driver?

--

> The options are dimmed in the print setup - using Publisher 2007
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Are the options dimmed in the print setup or your printer setup? Usually this
>> will be a printer option. What version Publisher are you using?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > printing a half A4 booklet, side folding. When select saddle stitch it
>> > staples in the centre but as for a top folding book not a side folding?
>> > Can't
>> > select any other position in the options as they are greyed out.
>>

>> .

0
Mary
3/8/2010 11:55:27 AM
As Mary pointed out, the stapling isn't a function of Publisher, it is a
printer/copier function (or the drivers for the device).

Are you using some type of digital copier to print/staple?

If so, can you manually do that type of stapling right at the machine?

If you can, then perhaps it is a driver issue, you might check with the
printer manufacturer for an update.

If not, then you are probably not going to be able to automate the process.
--
James
Orlando (Goofy says "Hey"), Florida

"jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The options are dimmed in the print setup - using Publisher 2007
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Are the options dimmed in the print setup or your printer setup? Usually
>> this
>> will be a printer option. What version Publisher are you using?
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > printing a half A4 booklet, side folding. When select saddle stitch it
>> > staples in the centre but as for a top folding book not a side folding?
>> > Can't
>> > select any other position in the options as they are greyed out.
>>

>> .

0
Jaime

how do I set up publisher to do a tri fold booklet?
how do I set up microsoft publisher to do a tri fold booklet (on A4 paper)? Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from incompetent fletch <incompetent fletch@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > how do I set up microsoft publisher to do a tri fold booklet (on A4 > paper)? Use a template? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm Hi incompetent fletch (incompetent fletch@discussions.microsoft.com), in the news...

Milly Staples, where are you?
Hi, Just wondering what else you thought I should do. I sent a reply on Feb 15 at 8.17 PM to my thread "Cant send a message with Outlook XP." I'm really stuck here, what can I do? Thanks, Aquinas ...

Booklet printing
I created a 12 page booklet. When I print "All" pages, only page 7 prints on the right side of a sheet. When I print by page, 12,1; page 11 printed on the right side of the sheet. When I tried to print pages 3,10, page 12 printed on the right side of the sheet (shich is the incorrect side for an even page number.) I've tried printing to both my Epson Stylus:Photo printer and my HP printer, only p. 7 prints. When I printed to Primo.pdf - only page 7 printed. Luckily, when I emailed it to the professional printer, he was able to print the whole document. Why can'...

booklet to pdf
Is there any way to save a booklet document (40 pages, double spread) to a pdf with only 1 page per page so that pages 1 & 40 don't show up on the same pdf page? I'm new to publisher so I hope I've explained my question clearly (and please answer in newbie language). Thanks, Seagull What size is your booklet? If you are using letter or A4, create a custom size in the PDF application for half a page. 5.5 X 8.5 if you are using letter stock or 13.97cm X 21.59cm if you are using A4 stock. On the Publication page change the page setup to the sizes above. If your document is ...

saddle stitch stapling a booklet
printing a half A4 booklet, side folding. When select saddle stitch it staples in the centre but as for a top folding book not a side folding? Can't select any other position in the options as they are greyed out. Are the options dimmed in the print setup or your printer setup? Usually this will be a printer option. What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "jaycee" <jaycee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:647B75BC-6370-4467-900C-42E6F9926162@microsoft.com... > printing a half A4 booklet, side folding....

Booklet Layout
I have designed a 14 page booklet, A5 size for each page. The other side of the front cover and back cover are designed to be blank, which is Pages 1 and 14. They Print OK. The problem is that when I print the pages, which are not in multiples of 4, they do not print in the order that I require. For example, instead of Page 3 and Page 12 printing on the same sheet, Page 3 prints on it's own and same with page 12. Any help would be appreciated. Note that each sheet of paper is four pages; therefore you have to work in with groups of four pages. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Rog...

Change A5 booklet to A4 booklet?
I am trying to change a 24-page A5 booklet (i.e. using 6 X A4 sheets with double-sided printing) to a 24-page A4 booklet (i.e. using 12 X A4 sheets with double-sided printing). When I change paper size etc. the content on any page appears as A5 size in the middle of an A4 page. I want the text/graphics to enlarge to fill the A4 page so that the booklet does not need to be re-designed. ...

Question for Milly Staples Out of Office Assistant
The mailbox is internal. We have a .com and .net structure=20 to our domain. Com for external use and Net for internal=20 use. Both are being handled by an Internal Exchange 2000=20 server. >-----Original Message----- >Is the sender internal or external to your Exchange=20 organization? If >external, this is by design for your own good. Depending=20 on the version of >Exchange, you can change this to allow replies and=20 forwards to the Internet, >but it is a BAD idea. > >--=81 >Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] > >Post all replies to the group to keep the discussio...

publisher 03. make full pages into booklet and auto fit
Under page set up I clicked on booklet and all my full pages are now not fitting. How do I auto resize everything to fit into the new boundries? The auto fit text is grayed out so I cannot use it. The pages have both pictures and typings and do re-do everything would not be very fun. If it would be easier I could email it to you. Its my program for my wedding. How many pages are you doing? If you select a text box, auto fit text will work (Shrink text on overflow or Best fit.) I'm afraid you will have to redo this yourself, only you knows how it should look. If you have a large f...

Publisher 2003 booklet printing
The booklet is set to 2 pages per A4 landscape. My printer is not a duplex type so I can print double-sided using the manual paper tray and turning the printed page over and feeding for the next side. However, if I use Word, I can print odd pages first, reload all into the auto tray and then print the even pages. Why doesn't Publisher allow that procedure in its printer dialogue? Brian. Brian Salt. For email reply, replace all before '@' with briansalt. www.rafharrowbeer.co.uk View, uncheck 2 page spread. Page 1, Print, current page, click "no" to the query. Tur...

to milly staples
Thanks for your reply Milly. I mean the tool bars that contain the sen/recieve buttons and such. In outlook express they can be placed in any order. Can this be done in outlook? THANK YOU ...

Milly Staples
Iv'e been away a few days. I found your reply concerning blocking email somewhat criptic. Depends on what? Could you quote the original posting? You might get an answer sooner that way ;-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Khan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c03201c451e4$4c773290$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Iv'e been away a few days. I found your reply concerning > blocking email somewhat criptic. Depends on...

How to merge or stitch 2 publications
I have several files in a MS Publisher 97. I'd like to "stitch" them back to front. Is there a way to do so? -- Ilya Zeldes Fort Myers, Florida Please explain, not sure what you are asking. Are you trying to create a booklet or are you asking about joining separate publications together? Stitching usually refers to binding not joining files...so you got me confusted. :-) -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "ilyaz" <ilyaz33@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ov0QYSyWJHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I have several file...

creating of a booklet
I have a blank problem. I want an example of a booklet but its not the ones that im looking at to help me to creat one. Ive got it set out but go blank every time I think of an idea. Can I have an exmple of one if any one has one availble. I wont tell you what im doing I might get the answer and copy it. hehe. Can someone help with an example of one, or any suggestion please. Are you talking about a template? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "reizhurleina" <reizhurleina@discussions.m...

Printing booklet

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Booklet
We are using a Ricoh Aficio MP C6000 printer/copier. I am trying to print multi-page booklet on 8 1/2 X 11 paper, folded in the center with two staples in the center using a Catalog template. When you open up the publication, it is like opening a book with information on the left side and more information on the right side and you keep turning pages. No matter what we do with the set up, we cannot get the publication to print correctly. If I select Booklet, we get 4 pages on a side. If I select Duplex, it shrinks it down. If I leave everything as is, it won't duplex. When we d...

crease and saddle stitch stapling of booklet
My MS Publisher document is an 8-page (landscape oriented) booklet on 8,5 X 14" paper. My new Copytronix Bizhub 350 is able to crease and saddle stitch staple booklets, but only when in booklet mode. The Copytronix then moves around my pages to where I do not want them. Now I have to convert my document to 8 singlesided, 8,5 by 11", portrait oriented pages that the Copytronix machine then can put in booklet mode, crease and staple. Anybody out there who has had the same problem? -- Annemieke This is a printer issue, you would do better asking Copytronix. Are you setting ...

Can Publisher print phone directory in booklet format?
I need to publish a small membership directory in booklet format with two-sided pages. Can Publisher merge the data and collate the names to maintain alphabetical order? Yes, it can quite easily, but what you need to do is setup the size of the information you need to print as a label. Whatever you do, *DO NOT* use the Publisher built in database as it is a mega dog. If you have a version of MS Works preferably Works 4.5a, use the database from that. The Works database is magic for your needs. Double sided pages is a tad more difficult. Do they have to be double sided? Always post the...

A4 folded booklet
2007 Publisher 1. Attempting to make a booklet. A4 folded in half. Landscaped but when folded is Portrait. 2. I have a front cover with picture and Text. My Logo on the back of the cover. 3. Also need to include 14 pages inserts (7 x A4 folded pages). 4. Pages don't necessarily need to be numbered. 5 I have used Birthday Card A4 folded twice to prepare all of the text for the 8 pages (16 pages when folded) Saved every page separately in readiness:-) saved them 1 to 16. 6. I did it this way as I make loads of cards and am familiar with the format.(Middle of...

Stapling Reports
Hi, Does anybody have any experience on how to get an Access report to staple the pages in a group together? Is there an API in the printer driver? Regards Bj=F8rn A bit printer-specific, no? Most printers don't even do stapling. "Bj�rn" <bjornsuneandersen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185866091.590436.146060@w3g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... Hi, Does anybody have any experience on how to get an Access report to staple the pages in a group together? Is there an API in the printer driver? Regards Bj�rn As Baz points out, stapling is a function of the printer....

Publisher prints booklets upside down
I just bought a duplex print add-on for my HP Office Jet 6110 so I can print out my product catalogs on both sides of a page. I'm using Publisher 2002 and trying to print out a booklet (catalog) of products double sided. It does two products on one side of a page and two on the other. You then fold it in half and have a complete catalog. The problem is that some pages are printing upside down on one side, and the page numbering doesn't work. Is this a problem with my catalog or my printer? Ed B. buch75@comcast.net There is a driver on the HP site with an April, 2004 timestamp, a...

booklet
How can I print an excel spreadsheet as a booklet? minty wrote: || How can I print an excel spreadsheet as a booklet? What precisely are you trying to do? -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk I have an excel spreadsheet 16 pages long that I want to print double-sided in booklet format. I'm sure it's to do with printer settings but I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. "Gordon" wrote: > minty wrote: > || How can I print an excel spreadsheet as a booklet? > > What precisely are...

Created a booklet 11x17
created a booklet on 11x17 paper, generating 2-8.5x11 sheets; is there a way to "shrink to fit" the text/photos to fit on 1-8.5x11, givign 2-5.5x8.5 sheets without having to reformat all of it? origer wrote: > created a booklet on 11x17 paper, generating 2-8.5x11 sheets; > > is there a way to "shrink to fit" the text/photos to fit on 1-8.5x11, givign > 2-5.5x8.5 sheets without having to reformat all of it? The easiest way is to create a PDF at 11×17 (using PrimoPDF from www.primopdf.com for older versions of Publisher, or built-in in Publisher 200...

printing booklets collated on a HP 1100 printer
We just bought an HP Business Inkjet 1100 dtn printer. We print s small brochure double sided with two pages on an 8-1/2 x 11 paper. This all works fine. We cannot get it to collate when printing more than one copy. Can anyone help? Thanks Check to see if there is a later version of the printer driver on the HP website. This is an HP issue as there are no known printing issues in Publisher - any version. The large majority of those small printers will not collate more than one copy. Read the instruction manual and check. Next time buy a quality brand of printer. -- "If you...