Rotate text?

Office(publisher) 2K.

Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence?

L.

Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message
> Office(publisher) 2K.
>
> Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence?
>
> L.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
11/29/2005 10:10:40 PM
Thanks for the info.

L.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message
>> Office(publisher) 2K.
>>
>> Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence?
>>
>> L.

Seperating Text Out Of All Text Fields
can I use the "find" function using no special text? I need to seperate the names out of the following string: first JIM mi T. last JOHNSO -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Vato Loco! Easiest way will be to use Data > Text to Columns using the space as the delimiter. Then discard the bits you don't want. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au "Vato Loco >" <<Vato.Loco.17v7fo@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Vato.Loco.17v7fo@excelforum-nospam.com... > can I use the "f...

text autoshaped
How do I make the text flow around the autoshape edge? What is the shape? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "skunk" <skunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:452F13D5-F410-4135-9F64-88F9801DFC24@microsoft.com... > How do I make the text flow around the autoshape edge? anyone of the autoshapes, let's say a hexagon. "Mary Sauer" wrote: > What is the shape? > > -- > Mary Sauer MS MVP > http://office.microsoft.com/ > http://msauer.mvps.org/ > news://ms...

rotation
Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees? Thanks Yep ............... Format>CELLS>alignment select the required orientation "mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message news:e5u7s8NZEHA.2972@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way in excel to rotate the contents of the cell to 180 degrees? > Thanks > > Your system clock appears to be off since I show receipt at 7/9 @ 4:31 am -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "mireillea" <mireillea@newhorizons.com.lb> wrote in message new...

how to add prefix '>' to orig text on reply in OWA ?
In Outlook we have the advanced options menu, where a prefix can be added to plain text of the original message received, in case we want to reply to them in plain text - Does a similar option exist in Outlook Web Access ? If not - How can I enable such feature to reply mail to people who hate top-posting. "Pavan Savoy" <Pavan Savoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:41BD67A4-C79A-4108-B2F2-4FE5CB46AB34@microsoft.com... > In Outlook we have the advanced options menu, where a prefix can be added to > plain text of the original message received...

Text to column #5
I have a text file of data that i get on a daily basis and have to perform the 'text to column' function on each time. Is there a way that i can just place the new text data in column A and have it automatically updated starting in, say, column C. Alternatively, if that isnt possible is there a function i can write to extract the data from the text file myself. Example: Text in A1 abc 123 def 456 ghi How can i extract abc, 123, def, 456 and ghi into cells c1 through g1? If your text string is always the same length and format, one clunky solution would be to write ...

bodlfacing text within larger text string
I have put together a test string with ="xyz"&text(celld4,"0.00")&"xyz" I would like to boldface the number (celld4) only. Can I add some kind of formating to the text( ) where I tell it a decimal format with 2 places ("0.00") as well or some other way? Thanks Hi no, not possible with formulas -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany hovendic wrote: > I have put together a test string with > > ="xyz"&text(celld4,"0.00")&"xyz" > > I would like to boldface the number (celld4) onl...

Not all of the text is visible when looking at the cell.
Not all of the text in a cell appears when looking at the cell unless I double click the cell or look at the formula bar. Autofit the row height is on and shows a lot of white space. No special styles are applied. Wrap text is on. Cell number is formatted as normal but have tried it as text also. It's an Excel limitation: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211580 -- Jim "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F8E4A2D-F263-4C05-8465-7686ED771800@microsoft.com... | Not all of the text in a cell appears when looking at the c...

Excel wrasp text
Can I get Excel's "wrap text" to work on merged cells like it does on a single cell. If I try to pick merge cells and wrap text for several cells, the text wraps as it is typed but once entered I only get one line unlike a single cell where the cell height increases to accomodate the text. You're right! As you probably know, Merge Cells doesn't automatically click the Wrap Text box in Format | Cells. But even if you click it manually, the Format | Rows | Autofit that works for individual cells doesn't seem to work if the text is in a set of horizontally-merged c...

Text to Columns Macro
Have a large spreadsheet, approximately 1000lines, exported from pdf to xml, then merged from multiple files using Ron deBruin RDBMerge Add-in (thanks, good macro, easy to use) - every third row is a some unformatted data in approx. 5 lines. I want to convert this to columns; I can do this manually by using text to column BUT - a) it is time consuming and I'd prefer to do it by macro; and b) after about 50 or so iterations, the Text to Column Wizard LOSES something, and says it is delimited instead of fixed column, and if I click fixed column, it loses the columns and I am expected ...

How can I delete ALL text boxes in Excel worksheets?
Somehow we have hundreds of text boxes, which you can not locate unless you are lucky enough to select one. Then we can remove them, is there a way to remove ALL text boxes easily? Hi Genesis, > Then we can remove them, is there a way to > remove ALL text boxes easily? > F5, special, Objects, del? Regards, Jan Karel Pieterse Excel MVP www.jkp-ads.com Works great. Thank you. "Jan Karel Pieterse" wrote: > Hi Genesis, > > > Then we can remove them, is there a way to > > remove ALL text boxes easily? > > > > F5, special, Objects, de...

sorting by text
I have a list of domain names. from .com .net .org etc etc. they are scattered throughout the the list and i want to organize them. any help on this.? ryan --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You might do Data > Text to columns on the list and seggregate the elements of the "names" into separate columns. Then it would be a simple matter to group them by .com, .net, etc.........with multi-key sorts. hth Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "rneedham >" <<rneedham.105m1r@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:rneedham.105m1r@excelforum-nos...

Text not continuing to wrap for large block of text in Excel cell
I'm trying to enter a large block of text into a cell. I have the cell formatted to wrap text, but after I've typed in a certain amount of text it stopps wrapping and all the text entered after that point continues on the same line out of the visible cell. Dragging the bottom of the cell down does not make the text appear. Line breaks in a cell can be enforced by <Alt>+<Enter>. Pls note the max cell width is 255 chars. "Mandra" wrote: > I'm trying to enter a large block of text into a cell. I have the cell > formatted to wrap text, but after...

Links in Text Boxes
Is it possible to add links to text boxes? I am using a 100% stacked column graph, but I need to show the total number of items that each column consists of. I've been told to add text boxes (which I really don't want to do because it will require manual updating all the time and look really bad), but I can't find a good way to display the count. If I add text boxes with links, it wouldn't be so bad. Any suggestions appreciated! Thanks. Figured it out. Just have to press F2 before you enter the cell reference. :) ...

how to know the offset of title in text file
Dear All: here ,I have a text file. In my text file,have some paragraph and each paragraph has a Title. Question: How Can I know what each paragraph's offset and is in the text file and length is . It is appreciated for someone answer! You have to know what defines a paragraph. If it is a special character, you can parse the file looking for said character. "terrcy" <terrcy@cn-finet.com> wrote in message news:OAq5oz2KEHA.624@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Dear All: > > here ,I have a text file. In my text file,have some paragraph and each > paragraph has a...

Sorting Text Fields Containing Letters and Numbers
To whom it may confuse. I have a query with a text field that needs to be sorted in descending order. The field name is "ContainerNumber" and the data will always have at least a letter in the begining. As you can see the data sample "D100/07" comes after "D10/07" and that is not what I need. I need "D11/07" to come after "D10/07" and so on. How can I fix this? ContainerNumber D03/07 D06/07 D07/07 D08/07 D09/07 D10/07 D100/07 D101/07 D102/07 D103/07 D104/07 D105/07 D106/07 D107/07 D108/07 D109/07 D11/07 D110/07 D111/07 D112/07 D113/07 D114...

Parsing text containing a tilde "~"?
I have text in column A which I want to manipulate. The format of the text on the left, text on the right, seperated by " ~ " (space-tilde-space). The text on either sides of the space-tilde-space may contain spaces, slashes, backslashes, pound signs, ampersands, etc. What I'd really like to do is swap the positions of the the text on the other side of the tilde and replace the tilde with a hyphen. In other words, all the left-side text up to the space-tilde-space delimiter moves to the right of the space-tilde-space delimiter and the right-side text moves to th...

How I do I rotate text in an excel cell? The rotate commands is g.
I am trying to flip some text in an excel worksheet either as a block or opne cell at a time. However the rotate command in the Draw toolbar is greyed out. Anyone help? Thanks Mick Go to Format -> Cells - then go to the allignment tab - you will see that there is a control set in the bottom right for doing this tt5fn benm If the text is in a cell, you can rotate it up to 90 degrees using Format/Cells/Alignment... In article <4984E244-3011-4A69-8648-86F6A8BA85F0@microsoft.com>, "MickG" <MickG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to flip some t...

Excel
Hi, If i have a formula where the end result is "405|AA|105.00" If I cop that to a text then the result that is copied is "405|AA|105" What forumla do I use that it copies the decimals also ? Lucas Nazaret -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi how is the original value created?. Do you use a custom format for this? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "lucas0802 >" <<lucas0802.16nckk@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:lucas0802.16nckk@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hi, > > If i have a formula where the e...

Text file IO
I have a class that inputs data from a text file. The files can be very large, and I'd like to display a progress bar to the user. Of course, to determine this I need to know the total number of lines in the file. What's the most efficient (i.e. fastest) way to get it? Right now I use brute force: I read through the entire file, counting the lines but not processing the data (code below). Then I reset the ifstream to prepare for reading the data. Is there a better way? Thanks, Chip // Construct ifstrem object for file input ifstream File(Filename, ios::nocreate); ******** // Coun...

Convert all form fields to text.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel How to I convert a form field in a document into the text that has been entered into the field? I want to be able to convert a document that contains fields into a document that looks the same but that does not contain any fields. I could do this in Word 2003, but do not know how to do it in Word 2008. Command+A to Select All, then Shift+Command+F9 to Unlink the fields. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 4/22/10 11:10 PM, in article 59bb7545.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Mike_Moroney@of...

Reading text from text field.
Hi and Hello Everybody, A very Good Morning to all the members. Please help me in solving my query.... The requirement is to take just the contents/data (i.e. values) a plain text. Store the two columns information as text.. suppose, in excel file. We have some "Topic names" and corresponding "values", shown in text-fields coming in browser window. If we give 'Select all' option under 'Edit' menu-option in browser (Internet Explorer) window, the contents ofcourse get copied. Now If we, suppose, open blank sheet in Excel or a blank document i word, an...

Bottom alignment with baseline in text box
Hi, I have a one-line text box and I'd like the baseline of the text to align with the bottom border. I set the vertical alignment of the text box to "Bottom" and the internal bottom margin to 0, but, of course the descent space still appears between the baseline and the box border, so that the text does not exactly "sits" on the border. As the text is in capital in sans serif font, I don't have any descent in my glyphs, so is there a way to force alignment with the baseline, or do I have to fine-tune manually (not fitting my text box to my guides)? Thanks! Raph...

Info text box
Hello, I'm using Excel to do my budget and I'm trying to figure out a way to create a macro the, when launched, will give me a box in which I will enter some details: Field 1- Date (MM/DD/YYYY) Field 2- Description Field 3- In (enter an amount of money in section 3, 4, 5 or 6) Field 4- Out [Paiements] (enter an amount of money in section 3, 4, 5 or 6) * Field 5- Out [ATM] (enter an amount of money in section 3, 4, 5 or 6) * Field 6- Others (enter an amount of money in section 3, 4, 5 or 6) * * By default, I would need to see "0.00" Once I click on DONE, it would take th...

can I sort text data into bins?
Hi, Here's my problem - I hope you can understand it & help: Let's say I've got a column, A (or row 1, it doesn't matter) tha contains cells, each with a single word/category that I'm interested i [example: dog, cat, bird, fish, gerbil] - we can assume that this is m list of category headers/titles. Plus I've also got various other columns, A-D (or rows) next to m column A titles that each contain a list of items, one per cell: [eg B1=dog + B2=cat, C1=bird + C2=cat + C3=gerbil]. Perhaps it would be clearer if I drew it out (ignore the dashes they're just t...

Text Rotation
Hi, In Word 2007, I can rotate the text left or right but I need the upside down text (180 degree) in edit able format i.e. able to update in Mail Merge process. Any one now how this task can be accomplish without an option of Word Art or using Paint software to flipping the text. Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated I use a shape box. Go to Insert, Shapes, then select a square. Type your text. Now go to the Text Box Tools tab and click Format (if it is not already showing). From here you will be able to remove the Shape Outline/Fill and will be able to rot...