Rotate text?

Office(publisher) 2K.

Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence?

L.

Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message
> Office(publisher) 2K.
>
> Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence?
>
> L.

0
jl_paules1 (1069)
11/29/2005 10:10:40 PM
Thanks for the info.

L.

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" <jl_paules@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Not if it's part of the sentence rather than being a separate text box.
>
> --
>
> JoAnn Paules
> MVP Microsoft [Publisher]
>

> "L." <ofallon12320@yahoo1.com> wrote in message
>> Office(publisher) 2K.
>>
>> Is there anyway to rotate a specific word in a sentence?
>>
>> L.

Text box outlines and images won't show on page
Ok, I laid out the publisher page and all was fine. Today when I went to make some changes to the design on the page, I can't get the images to show, including text box outlines and color filled text boxes. I even tried to start another file and when I inserted a picture, it still wouldn't show. I tried moving objects around, changed the way the picture displays, nothing is working! HELP!!!!! PLEASE!!!! weimerent wrote: > Ok, I laid out the publisher page and all was fine. Today when I went to > make some changes to the design on the page, I can't get the images ...

text line spacing in a textbox
Hi there, I want to change the line spacing inside a Texbox. I don't see any menu option available to do this. What I�ve tried to do is, do it in word, then copy and paste th textbox into excel, it copies well but it losses the line spacing!! I can�t do the whole thing in word because I also need to be able t use a mosaic of pages, and I don�t know either how to do this in word :-( Any help will be very much appreciated. Martin -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Putting blank lines with Alt + Enter any good -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I'm n...

Changing cell format
I've been using excel for quite sometime and there has been one thing that seriously irks me. Say, for example, I have a field (or for my purpose I have a column of 20000 fields) and the data as it is now is in text format. A field for example is "29.665" (w/o quotes of course). If I choose to copy this field into a new field it will bring it over as text or whatever format the cell is originally will transfer over. This is fine and understandable, however, if I change the field format to numeric with 2 decimals for instance, the field is still in its original format u...

Text in brackets [xxxxx] after a <return>
Hi, Frequently, when writing a message or editing an answer, Outlook inserts my first name in brackets [xxxxx] into the text, after I push a <return>. This occurs if the message is written in plain text or html, but not always. Where can I find the option to avoid it? I'm using Outlook 2003. Thanks Santistas Dear Santistas, Go to: Tools, Options, and click on the Email Options button. At the bottom of that window, you will see a check box next to "Mark my comments with". "Uncheck" the box. Bob Sullivan "Santistas" wrote: > Hi, >...

Formatted text in QuickParts/AutoText
Word 2007 I'm back with another issue. I cannot seem to get my saved QuickParts to hold its formatting, specifically, underlining. So, in reading the boards, I decided to use AutoCorrect instead, and apply formatted text settings. While the text shows up formatted in the little window in the AutoCorrect tab, when I insert it into my document, the underlining ONCE AGAIN is gone! Is anyone else having these issues with autotext / quickparts functionality? This entire feature in Word 2007 just does not work properly in so many ways for me. Of course I'm not discounting us...

Right to left text input in Office 2008 for Mac?
Is office 2008 for mac now able to read and input Arabic type languages like Uyghur? This is available in open office working in x11. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3283701399_2283074 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit On 20/1/08 6:12 PM, in article ee8986a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "veli@officeformac.com" <veli@officeformac.com> wrote: > Is office 2008 for mac now able to read and input Arabic type lan...

Excel text data in a cell HELP HELP HELP
I am making a spreadsheet. In Column A, I have a name. In Column B, I have two lines of data that need to be separate, i.e. ARCH 323 and ARCH 545. The problem is, I want the data in Column A to start at the first line of data in Column B, not the bottom of Column A. Does this make sense? I don't know the vocabulary so I can't do a search for any Help. I'm using Excel 2003 Assuming Excel 2003 or lower: From the top Excel menu, select FORMAT then CELLS... then ALIGNMENT then VERTICAL then TOP. -- Hope this helps. Thanks in advance for your feedback. Gary Brown "...

Reply text is not seen
When I send a calendar invite from Outlook 2003 (Stu Teach Ed) to my wife who uses Outlook 2000, when I open the reply e-mail, I cannot see any text that she types in her reply. We have tried this with other users in her office with the same result. This is strange since if I open her reply e-mail in IE 6 using my web-based e-mail I can see the reply text. It's only when I open it in Outlook 2003 that it cannot be seen. ...

I want guidelines on top of images and text
I'm using Publisher 2003. Is there a way to show the guides on top of images and text boxes? I can see the part of the guide that is uncovered, but how am I supposed to see the part that is covered by images and text boxes? Thanks You can create lines on top of the guides and bring those to the front, just don't forget to delete them before you print. Keep your text boxes transparent. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "audball" <audball@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B83E...

mail merge inside text box.!
hi all! i am working in word2003. i am having a main document with address inside a text box..! while i am trying mailmerge for fields inside the address box i couldn't succeed..! my fields for address are in a seperate xl file.! how can i achieve this..? any hlp.? -via135 I've no idea -- works fine here. Of course I'm using the Mac version of Word, which is the group you've posted to. Things might be different in the Windows versions. I seem to recall something about fields in text boxes not working properly on the Dark Side but you'd do bet...

CTreeCtrl Drag&Drop Text problem.
When I do drap&drop tree item in a CTreeView derived window, the text does not show, only has the image icon. When I put a CTreeCtrl in a CFormView, the drag and drop has icon+ text(label). The codes for BeginDrag and moving are all most the same. I wonder what is wrong in CreateDragImage(). It assumes that this will create a bitmap with Icon and Text by call: HIMAGELIST hImageList = (HIMAGELIST)::SendMessage(m_hWnd, TVM_CREATEDRAGIMAGE, 0, (LPARAM)hItem); Are there any differences in Drag& drop between CTreeView's CTreeCtrl and CTreeCtrl localted on CFormView ? Thanks f...

Outlook 2007
Hi I have a problem with my outlook 2007 install on Vista Ultimate SP1. I get sent lots of information in plain text emails. It appears as if there is an extra blank line inserted between each line of text now. However - if I forward the email and try to place the cursor on these lines I can't - its like the line spacing for plain text emails has increased. The same email received by another client - looks ok. The same email in outlook web access - looks ok. So its just a visual thing on my machine. HTML emails look fine. Any ideas? Problem only appeared in the last few days. Befor...

Avoid double text when using Select.Bookmark
I have a template were the user should write what department he/she is working on. The script works OK with Document_New but if the user is miss-spelling or just want to change the name of the department (I do this manually in testing mode by running the script again) there will be to departments at the bookmark. I have tried to use a textfield but that disappear after using. Here is my code (were Enhet is Swedish for Department): Option Explicit Dim Enhet As String Sub Document_New() Enhet = InputBox("Vilken avdelning?") ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("Enhet&...

Locking Text
Hello :confused: Is ther any way of locking a document so that if i was to burn it to CD and distribute it, the receivers would not be able to edit it? :confused: Any help will be greatly appreciated!!! :) -- beng120 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ beng120's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23188 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=482511 Not if you want it to be an excel file, if you use something like Adobe's PDF format yes -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private e...

Spontaneous Text Replication in Word & Entourage
Initially, it was only in Word. Arbitrary portions of text spontaneously replicate throughout my documents as I work on them. My documents balloon to their twice length because of this unwanted replication of words, sentences, and paragraphs. It doesn't necessarily replicate while I'm at the computer either. Sometimes I return to the computer and discover that text had replicated in my brief absence. But now it's spread to Entourage. I've trashed the Microsoft folder in my Preferences folder with no luck. Anyone else experiencing this bug? Any suggestions for a fix? I...

Integration Manager does not show Columns in Text Files
I am attempting to add a single new GL account to 82 branches. I have tried CSV, Tab-delimited and space delimited text files. The column headings are not being recognized. When I open the files within Notepad everything looks fine. It is cleaner than the Accounts.txt example included with Integration Manager. To make this recurring process (Adding new accounts to 82 branches) as simple as possible I have done the following, I have constructed an Excel workbook, with 2 worksheets. The second worksheet is a template with all Branch numbers and the regions, our account setup is GLA...

Find the maximum value in a row or column with text and numbers
would someone be able to help me out in finding the maximum value in a row or column containing letters and numbers. letters in this case would be a lower value compare to the numbers. for example in a row: A B C D <- returns the value D as max A B 0 1 <- returns the value 1 as max thanks for A B C D use array-entered (i.e. insert the formula with CTRL+SHIFT +ENTER): =CHAR(MAX(CODE(A1:D1))) for A B 0 1 use: =MAX(A1:D1) On 17 Lis, 09:26, bengles <beng...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > would someone be able to help me out in finding the...

Keyboard shortcut won't copy zero text value?
I'm using XL2003. According to the Help file for Keyboard Shortcuts, Ctrl+" copies the value of the cell above into the active cell. The value I'm trying to copy is '0.0 (apostrophe+"0.0", since the sheet is set to not display zero values, so I use the ' to make the zero value display). The "0.0" shows up when I hit the keystroke, but disappears as soon as I hit enter. Is there a different keystroke for this function that will accomplish this? Ed Ctrl + d will keep the text format -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ed from AZ" <prof_ofw...

Numbers formatted at text
I am having a problem converting text fields to number fields in Excel XP. I have to go into each field and edit it to convert a text field to a number. Changing the formatting of a column does not work. Does anyone else have this problem, or a way to make the automatic formatting work? Number formats have no effect on Text (as you've discovered). You need to force XL to coerce the "text numbers" into real numbers. One way: Set the format of your range to General or another number format. Copy an empty cell. Select the cells to be coerced. Choose Edit/Paste Spec...

Writing Text over a picture watermark
I would like some assistance in writing text over a picture watermark. I am able to add the watermark and send it to the foreground, but I am having problem figuring how to add text over this picture. If I draw a text frame, I loose the picture. If I try it in word art, that didn't work either. Please help me solve this. (I have Publisher 2000) Thank you, Rosie You can make your textboxes transparent by clicking on the textbox and holding down Ctrl and strike the t key. Your watermark will show through. I am having trouble, however, getting the watermark to print on my docume...

Null in text box

Count number of times a text occurs
I want to count the number of times a text occurs in a range and then put 1,2,3,ect in a cell adjacent to the occurance. Apple 1 Apple 2 Apple 3 Apple 4 Banana 1 Banana 2 Banana 3 I can use the count function but it doesn't seem to help with the numbering. It seems like it should be simple but it probably isn't. Thanks for any help. -- Lee Try this, copied down =COUNTIF($H$2:H2,H2) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Lee" <lee@nospam.jjlgreenhouses.com> wrote in message news:%239S0dY8KJHA.4292@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl......

Importing text file into Excel 2003 - C#
Hi all, I am a newby in Excel programming so my question could be an easy one. I found lots of VB code snippets on this issue but almost none in C#. I want to import in a new Excel 2003 doc a character delimited text file. Here is my code: Excel.Workbook lWB = this.excelApp.Workbooks.Add(System.Reflection.Missing.Value); Excel.Worksheet lWS = (Excel.Worksheet)lWB.ActiveSheet; string myfilename = "TEXT;C:\\tmp\\test.txt"; Excel.Range lRange = lWS.get_Range("A1","A1"); /////// the following call generates: System.ArgumentException - The p...

Pasting text with double quotes
I'm trying to paste text that contains double quotes into Excel. Example: "Bob Anderson" 36475tmmn8766 Excel is stripping out the double-quotes upon pasting. I've look everywhere for an option or setting to override this but have been unsuccessful. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks - Bob A. Some additional info...the stripping only occurs when a double-quote is the first character in the string. If there is more than one quote it will strip out the first two it encounters. On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 18:30:00 -0800, Bob Anderson <banderson1962@yahoo.com> wrote: >...

Extract only text from column
How do I extract just the text portion of a column? For example if column contains: "123 abcd", how do I get just the "abcd" in a new column? On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:29:01 -0800, Ryan D <RyanD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I extract just the text portion of a column? For example if column >contains: >"123 abcd", how do I get just the "abcd" in a new column? Please give more information about the possible format of the first column. Is the "text portion" always preceeded by a space? Is the "text ...