Revert to old version of a file?

I clicked Save instead of Save as, can I get back the old version
0
c (162)

Might be lucky and find it in the temp folder. Type %temp% in the address bar in
Windows Explorer. Find files with the prefix "pub", change the .tmp to .pub.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Eva C" <Eva C@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I clicked Save instead of Save as, can I get back the old version

0
gsauer (5094)

Multiple VS versions
Hi all. I've had VS 2008 for about six months, installed alongside VS 6 (well, I only installed VB 6 and omitted the rest). I'm developing on Vista and deploying to Vista and 7, but I only have one machine available for development. Now, I've just taken delivery of VS 2010 (June 2010 MSDN shipment) and I'm not sure how to proceed. I need VB6 because I haven't finished converting all the old projects yet. If I install VS 2010, and all my VS 2008 projects convert OK, I would then want to uninstall VS 2008. I've seen a few problems mentioned uninstallin...

Outlook Autosignature Revert to Previous
Running Office 2000 but Outlook 2003. Following Office 2003 patch updates applying to Outlook, the autosignature reverts to a previous version despite there being only one being updated. Any ideas why!?!? ...

Old emails reappearing as new
I have one exchange 5.5 SP4 running on W2k server. From last few weeks some users are receiving old emails again as new. Senders (same as original) are local on exchage server. Problem is getting worse. More and more old emails are reappearing as new in more mailboxes. I appreciate any help on this issue. Thanks Gurmit ...

Flat File
I need help, I have an excel file that has Prov. Nums, Addresses, and specialties, in multi-rows. I need to move the Addresses and Specialty rows to be columns reflecting the Prov. Num. For example: Provider Num Address Specialty 125126 360 95th Internaml Medicine 125126 320 85th Cardiology Change to: Provider Num Address1 Specialty1 Address2 Specialty2 125126 360 95th Internaml Medicine 320 85th Cardiology Max, Here is one way Dim cLastRow As Long Dim i As Long Dim rng As Range cLastRow = Cell...

IE 6 SP 3 Version
Hello, I've a question regarding a Patchlevel from IE 6 on a WinXP SP3 machine. I've updated a WinXP SP2 machine with WinXP SP3 (just SP3, no other patches) and got following build/patchlevel under IE Info: Version: 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp.080413-2111 Now, I have another machine with WinXP SP3 installed and also IE 6 but another IE 6 build/patchlevel. It has following version: Version: 6.0.2900.5512.xpsp_sp3_gdr.080814-1236 Can anyone tell me the difference between the two builds/patchlevels. What is additionally installed on the second machine to get this specific build/pat...

Outlook settings from old Windows profile
Hi, All of a sudden Windows decided to create a new profile, causing my Outlook settings to disappear into oblivian. I have more than 12 e-mail accounts with corresponding rules stored in this old account. Is there a util available which can extract these settings from my old profile and restore them into my new? Thanks in advance! Sjaakie Helderhorst <wont@_invalid_tell.you> wrote: > All of a sudden Windows decided to create a new profile, causing my > Outlook settings to disappear into oblivian. I have more than 12 > e-mail accounts with corresponding rules stored in...

File Attachments
Hi, I have a user that needs to be able to send a file attachment with the extension .m1. How can I tell E2k3 to allow .m1 attachments to be sent? Right now he can't send this email with this attachment ext. type. Thanks, Pete >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > > I have a user that needs to be able to send a file >attachment with the extension .m1. How can I tell E2k3 to >allow .m1 attachments to be sent? Right now he can't >send this email with this attachment ext. type. > >Thanks, > >Pete >. One solution: http://www.slipstick.com/...

Remove old Exchange server
Hi, I replaced a 2000 Exchange server with a 2003 Exchange server and had planned to removed the old one properly, as in transferring roles, and then using the Exchange 2000 CD to uninstall Exchange. Well, I got as far as transferring roles and mailboxes and then the old server died on me. I'm confident that everything was transferred across, and all is working fine with the new server. How can I go about deleting the old server from Exchange System Manager and AD? Can I just right click the server in ESM and select delete? And then delete the server from AD? Thanks, Gary. Hi, Alre...

Importing Address File
Is there any utility to import/export addresses, account info, etc. from Excel to Money 2002?. I can convert Excel files Amount, Payee, Date Check Number to a QIF format and then import to Money, but I can't convert and import to the address table. ...

Importing PST Backup File
I am trying to import my data from a previously exported to a pst file, and i keep getting the same error "Error copying file or folder - cannot copy data error (cyclic redundancy check)" Please HELP - i've got a lot of data that i b/u and now can't access. I'm running XP. Thank you. It seems very much like you have a harddrive error, nothing to do with Outlook........ >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to import my data from a previously exported >to a pst file, and i keep getting the same error "Error >copying file or folder - cannot ...

Combine portions of multiple xml files into 1 xml file using xsl i
I'm building a windows app using C#. The goal is to merge portions of multiple xml files into one. I currently have an .xsl stylesheet that pulls in the required sections of multiple xml files and combines them into one xml file. This xsl works correctly. I'm now trying to utilize this xsl in my C# application, along with the required xml files, to merge them into the one document. Basically I'm looking for a code example of how to apply the xsl style sheet to the documents and create a single xml file. I started working with the XslTransform.Transform method, but it&...

Excel file won't open, launches NAV2005
I have to give the person a new C:\ drive and set his old hard drive as a slave/data drive. He re-installed his Office XP (Even though he only has windows 98) He says he can't open a couple of excel files and that when he tries to do it, it launches the NAV2005 scan and never stops scanning. The file never opens. Joe Does this occur with all Excel *.xls files or just the two? File scanning would be a function of NAV2005. Possible to open it and go into its options and exclude *.xls files from scanning? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 20:03:02 -0800, Joe <Joe@disc...

PDF file
I am working in excel2000 and want to save /create an existing file in PDF format so that when I sen it by email it cannot be edited or changed Please help Do you have Adobe Acrobat (not Reader) or one of the other applications to create PDF's? If so, you may save your spreadsheet as a PDF. If not, you may need to consider a different approach. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Steve BB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E46C185B-9AB3-4433-8F93-82CB024656E9@microsoft.com... > I am working in excel2000 and wa...

Disappearing file
I run two checking accounts and a credit card account through Money. I reconcile the checking accounts monthly and they always balance...then I back them up both to my hard drive and to an external hard drive. Today I opened one of the checking accounts and the last entry showing is 3-29-08; I went to the external drive, selected the latest backup (8-4-08) and did a Restore. Last entry is still 3-29-08. I know that I could take the check registers for the last four months and re-enter everything, but just in case.....any ideas? Have to note that once in awhile the other checking account will l...

moving Office 2007 from old PC to new PC
Hi, On my old PC, I had upgraded Office 2003 to Office 2007. I bought a new PC and I want to move Office 2007 from the old to the new. I still have the installation disc for the upgrade version, but the new PC won't allow me to load the upgrade on the new PC. The error message is that an old version of Office must be installed on the new one before the upgrade is loaded. So I have a double challenge -- moving an upgrade version of Office 2007 from one PC to another. Any suggestions? Thanks. -- WTL Simple, you need a qualifying version cd, eg Office 2003, to point ...

Saving to NFS shares reverts permissions to umask
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel My setup: - Intel Macs running Leopard 10.5.4 in a corporate environment - Office 2008 12.1.1 - Macs authenticate users against NIS - Many work directories, including home directories, are mounted over NFS using the automounter (Sun autofs in Leopard) working from NIS maps. NFS shares are on NetApp filers. The problem: when opening and saving Office files stored on these NFS network shares, existing file permissions are lost, and replaced using the default umask (022), as if, instead of opening and saving the original ...

Cal Learner......restore ms money file
Hey Cal thanks for the suggestion but I'm not sure I understand what you meant. I originally tried to restore by following the instuctions listed below which I found in MS money help. To restore a backup file 1 Quit Microsoft Money. 2 Switch to Windows Explorer and highlight your backup file. 3 On the Edit menu, click Copy. 4 Go to the MSMONEY directory (or wherever your Money files are) and on the Edit menu, click Paste. 5 Start Microsoft Money. 6 On Money's File menu, click Open. 7 Locate your backup file, and then click the Open button. You may be prompted to back up your...

EDC Settings Reverting
Running RMS 2.0.0123 SO and HQ I have a register that after I: 1. Updated the Merchant account information in Administrator using a Window Admin ID 2. Verified with Regedit that the changes were in fact made. 3. Rebooted the Machine and logged back on using a casher id 4. Reverified that the EDC changes were in place through regedit 2 hours later the EDC merchant settings reverted to the old nolonger valid settings. This has now occurred twice. Any thoughts on how to fix this problem? Thanks, TomT This may sound dumb but make sure you are logged in as an administ...

Bulk Import Wizard: Source file is corrupt error message
When trying to upload a .CSV file, after selecting the file, choosing Leads, and then click next, it say the Source file is corrupt. I am able to open the file in Excel with no problem. I got this message when I tried to import a file with 5,000 records in it. I found that if I cut it back to 998 records, I got it to work twice. But it has not worked since. Any suggestions would be greated appreciated. Thanks. try opening the csv file in notepad then saving it and also changing the encoding to unicode. Then try to reload into CRM ============================== John O'Don...

My 14yr old can't help
Hi all, My smart 14yr old can't help me! I want to put data into column a, 100,000 thru 2,000,000. A1 is 100,000, a2 is 110,000, a3 is 120,000, etc. all the way to 2,000,000. ie, column a increases by 10,000 as it goes down. Can this be done by a calculation? I don't want to type in all these numbers. Thanks, Mike. Get a 13 year old 100000 110000 highlight both>goto lower right corner of a2>grab the cross>drag down -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "amdx" <amdx@knology.net> wrot...

Missing or broken reference to the file "VIDTC3.OCX"
I have an Access 97 project which I want to convert to Access 2003. When I open the database in Acceess 2003 I get an error message "project contains a missing or broken reference to the file "VIDTC3.OCX" version 1.0" Any ideas of how tho fix this problem ? Thanks, Aviran -- http://www.aviransplace.com Hi, Gert VIDTC3.OCX from any other computer which is not producing this error or download it from internet, copy VIDTC3.OCX file into system32 folder and register it in system registry using regsvr32. i tried this in win xp and my project is working fine now. Thanks...

Chart from version 2003 to version 2007
Hi I have made two files, a and b, with line charts in Excel version 2003. The files are apperently identical. When I open file "a" in Excel version 2007 the line chart is shown without any problems, and it is possible to change Minimum and maximum for the x-axes and to choose months, year etc., so it is working fine. When I open file "b" in Excel version 2007 the line isn't shown in the chart, and it isn't possible to change Minimum and maximum months etc. for the x-axes. It seems like some formatting of the data has been done, but I can't figure ou...

'insert file' missing file types (not all showed) #2
Hi there, I'm facing with a puzzling Outlook 2003 problem so I'm trying the forum to see if anyone encountered similar behaviour and/or found a solution. On 'a couple' of workstations in the company there is a problem when users try to attach files in their e-mails. Not all file types are displayed in the dialog box where files can be selected (yes, *.* selected). For instance .zip files are not displayed. There is no problem receiving this kind of attachment! There is only a problem when trying to select these files as attachment using the 'insert file' dialog. W...

importing mail/folders from old computer to new
i just got a new computer. i have on a cd all the "Identities" from my old computers microsoft outlook 2002. I have all these DBX files that contain all the messages from my old computer and i dont know how to make it so my new computer uses them, or merge them with my new computer. sorry if thats confusing i'm not sure how to explain it. i just want all my messages that i had saved on my old computer using the same version of outlook to be transferred to my new computer using the same version of outlook. i have the dbx files, how do i make this happen? Thank You Jess...

Old Distribution Lists
Hello, I am running Exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 member server. I deleted a distribution list from a child domain but the list still shows under global address book. Replication between sites was tested and verified to be working. Any ideas how to remove this list? Thank you. On Wed, 29 Mar 2006 07:49:22 -0600, "Frank." <Frank@noD0main.com> wrote: >Hello, > > >I am running Exchange 2003 on a windows 2000 member server. I deleted a >distribution list from a child domain but the list still shows under global >address book. Replication between site...