Resolution to printing mail merge 4 up

Here is what I had to do in order to print postcards 4 up mail merged
properly so that each name is on their own card. I am using Publisher 2003 so
I don't know if this will work in other versions.

Using the Tools>Mail Merge Wizard, Set up the mail merge the way you want it
to appear (steps 1 thru 4). Only stop at step 4 DO NOT continue to step 5.

Go to File>Print Merge
At this point you can select the printer, properties etc as well as change
copies per sheet and print range or all.

This seems to work and will place a different name/address on each card on
that page.

I tried it more than once to make sure I got the same results.

whew!

Hope this helps anyone who has been trying to accomplish this task.
--
"Time is the best teacher, too bad it kills all it's students."
0

Printing a large image-Pub 2002
Problem: I want to print a 34" x 70" image on my Epson 7800 printer which can take paper as wide as 24". I am using roll paper. The image "should" tile and print 2 images - one tile of 24" x 70" and another 10" x 70 (thereabouts, give or take for border/overlap). I have set up a paper size of 24" x 74" (the Epson driver requires a width and a height even for roll paper). When I view the image in Print Preview however, the image is cut into 4 tiles! The width (24" side) appears to look ok but it cuts off the length at approx. the 4...

Outlook 97 and HTML mails #4
I'm using Outlook 97 in the office and we are connecting to an Exchange server 2000. When I receive HTML-mails it is formattet as normal tekst. I know that Outlook 97 doesn't support HTML, but I should get the HTML-mail as an attached file, but I don't. Why is that? Regards Jens ...

Photo inserted via MailMerge prints full height but not print full width.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I make photo notecard using MailMerge to keep image, caption, etc. together. Suddenly Word prints all text correctly but shrinks the photo's aspect ratio and left-justifies the image. It's particularly puzzling because print preview shows the image at full width. How is this possible? An embedded image will resize to fit the space it is inserted into. What are you inserting the picture into? A Table? A Text Box? A Frame? Cheers On 20/04/10 8:13 AM, in article 59bb724d.-1@webcrossing.JaKIa...

Task assignment mail won't open in outlook, getting error message
When I receive a task assignment in outlook, I am unable to open it. I get a messsage that says Outlook can't open this item. It says outlook can't do this action on this type of attachment. The same message come up if I attampt to accept or decline the task. I am using the 2003 version of Outlook. Is this a glitch? or am I doing something wrong? ...

Hiow do I print a full A4 page graphic
I admit that I'm more comfortable in Quark - but need to create a merged document in Publisher. It contains a graphic which is 200x287mm centred on an A4 page. Unfortunately, the bottom 15mm or so doesn't print. Can anyone set me straight? I've tried what I consider to be the obvious stuff, but can't find any sensible controls... Help - please!!!! Thanks in anticipation. Read the third FAQ here Tutorial: Finding your Maximum Print Area http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/horidiag -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://ms...

E-mail forwarding to external SMTP address
On an Exchange 5.5 server, how can I set up a recipient to have his = e-mail forwarded to an external e-mail address? I have checked the KB = but could find nothing on this. >-----Original Message----- >On an Exchange 5.5 server, how can I set up a recipient to have his e-mail forwarded to an external e-mail address? I have checked the KB but could find nothing on this. >. > create a contact with the external address, then you will be able to pick that contact from the GAL to forward to in the delivery options As I understand, you need to create a custom recipient to forw...

Print a form
Hi, How can I print a form with flexible data on a printer selected by the user? Thens What does flexible data mean? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Kris" <Kris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E084654-FCA9-4475-B1E9-F539D74A5666@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > How can I print a form with flexible data on a printer selected by the user? > > Thens Bob, The form will be filled automatically with dropdownboxes en labels heving a different value. By changing a dropdownbox, the value of different labels wi...

protect printing
how to protect printing in excel, even if it is saved as another file? You could put this macro in the ThisWorkbook module, but it's easily bypassed (by holding down the shift key on startup). And it doesn't prevent the user from copying a sheet and pasting it into another workbook - generally, you should assume that if a user can open your workbook, that they have free access to your data and can print, copy , save, etc. at will. Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) Cancel = True End Sub In article <ebN3SSERDHA.2344@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>,...

[Dialogs] : Adapt to resolution
Hi, I am pocket pc programmer and I would like to know how tou would do this. I have mobile devices with different screen resolutions(240x240, 240x320) and I would like to know how I can adapt my dialogs and controls in function of this. I can get device resolution but after how can I resize my dialog resource to fit the resolution. I am assuming that we are talking about dialog boxes. There are only two ways to solve this problem. One is to have separate dialog templates, one for each resolution you want to support. (most preferred way I would say) The other is to move controls around ...

Send mail to ISP
Is there away of telling exchange if the user does not exist internally send mail to isp. curious as to why the ISP? :) "Andrew Biggs" <andy@mcgsystems.co.uk> wrote in message news:30cb01c4ab85$408318f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away of telling exchange if the user does not > exist internally send mail to isp. creat a new recipinet policy other than the default one or the one you created. then in the properties you have to add ur smtp domain address as advancedautotrends.com then there is an option to uncheck "this exchange is resposiable for all mail deliv...

not printing tabloid correctly
Publisher XP lexmark optra 1200 PS drivers open a new publisher file, change the layout to tabloid, it appears correctly in design view as tabloid. However, when you go to print preview, it cuts to letter (cutting off everything that doesnt fit - it doesnt do multiple pages)..if printed, it just prints to letter - not multiple - justone cutoff job. If I make a new document in WORD XP - it prints on tabloid fine. The publisher setting for the lexmark are all changed to tabloid, 11x17 etc. Just publisher drops it to letter during the print. any ideas? thanks A small child turns to Ed, an...

Printing Individual Tabs to .pdf
A report I publish monthly contains many tabs that need to be saved as individuals .pdf files. Currently, Adobe and Excel are printing several tabs to one file. Does anyone know how to accomplish this task? My current method is to print one tab at a time which is extremely inefficient. Thanks, Jim I don't use Adobe Writer(?), but maybe you can record a macro when you print the sheets you like and just rerun that macro when you need to do it again. Jim wrote: > > A report I publish monthly contains many tabs that need to be saved as > individuals .pdf files. > > Curre...

Purchase request resolution
What is the significance of purchase request resolution window. Why would a user using MRP use this window? The help says that this window is used to address shortages pointed by MRP. Why would MRP not generate PO for these shortages on its own. I am confused on when to use this window and when to use MRP. Is it possible to use this window without running MRP or does MRP need to be run for this. Jack Jack The purchase request window is where you go to convert the MRP calculated quantities into PO's. I do not know of any way to use this window without running MRP first. BTW,...

Reading the screen resolution
How can I read the usable sceen resolution ( not including task bar)? >How can I read the usable sceen resolution ( not including task bar)? Chris, Use SystemParametersInfo SPI_GETWORKAREA Dave ...

Prevent users from deleting or purging mail
Is there a way to prevent users from permantly deleting their e-mail? Or at least to not purge mail items. I know they can permantly delete, then recover, but if you purge recovered items, they are gone. I don't want to give users this option. The server is set to automatically delete after 30 days. That's what we need, to be able to recover and view deleted for 30 days. I don't want anyone to be able to permantly delete them from the server. On Fri, 14 May 2004 10:17:52 -0700, "Phil Galiardo" <pgaliardo@lpsconsulting.com> wrote: >Is there a way to ...

document prints out negative in pub after save
When I change a document in publisher and save it , the document prints out in a negative print Have you checked your printer settings? Do you mean just black, grey, and white or literally dark instead of light and light instead of dark? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Lilly 1" <Lilly 1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0FF25F67-F647-47FE-973D-E5E7023491F8@microsoft.com... > When I change a document in publisher and save it , the document prints > out > in a negative ...

sounds when mail arrives
i did have ab opyion to ply sounds when mail arrives butit dissappeared - hoe do i get it back? ...

Performing a merge in Excel 2007
I have a file box label which someone created in Excel (why, I don't know). I now want to insert the names from the first and last files in the box onto the label. Had the label been created in Word, thi would be an easy process. Is there an easy way, or will I have to recreate the wheel (aka label). Hi Helen, How are the data for the labels arranged? -- Cheers macropod [Microsoft MVP - Word] "Helen" <Helen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:166A8C89-C52C-45B6-8657-7A52DED4C266@microsoft.com... >I have a file box label which som...

when I print my document it prints as a mirror image??
I am printing a document with a photo and a description below. It looks the way I want it on the preview but when it prints it is a mirror image. How do I get rid of this. It is a single page...not a booklet or anything like that. Look at your printer settings. There will be a mirror setting or maybe T-Shirt. What version Publisher are you using? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2091499B-FA32-4786-97AB-03C6144142A4@microsoft.com... >I am printing a document with a photo and a description below. I...

Image resolution
Hi, Is there any way to get the resolution of an image file(.bmp file) other than refering to biXPelsPerMeter value? Regards John ...

printing grey
Have a problem with Publisher 2003. When xhanging colour of font to grey, the print preview still shows as black and the print result is black. Am using HP Laserjet (monotone) and I have no problem printing grey using word 2003. Any suggestions. You cannot print grey in Publisher to a an HP laser, and never have been able to. I cannot remember what the issue is, but it has always been like that. -- ...

why does my e-mail come with gibberish ?
some of my e-mail comes with the message mixed up with a bunch of other information. Also when I reply or change folders I have to agree to terms of service or the program will shut down. It's like I just installed the program every time. Hard to say what is going on at this level of detail. If this prompt is coming from Office, see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/166 If it is coming from another application, verify what the EULA actually wants from you. As for gibberish in emails; Do you have a virus scanner installed which integrates itself with Outlook? Uninstal...

Print Preview in Excel
We have office 2000 for small business. we have a peer to peer on 3 systems all sharing one printer. However, the computer with windows xp and office 2000 for small business won't print preview when the network printer, on the other system is off. I've updated office for small business and it still doesn't work. If anyone can assit me with this, it would be most helpful. I am at wits end over this. The other computer with the hp laserjet III is working on windows 98 with office 2000 as well, with not problems. It just seems to be this new computer that has the issue...

get screen resolution
I would like to be able to position my forms and adjust the zoom in relation to the users screen resolution. I've seen several visual basic code samples that get the dimensions of the windows desktop in order to calculate the screen size but none work with VBA. Is it possible within the limitations of Excel (2002)? Craig, You can use the GetSystemMetrics API function to return the screen size. Declare Function GetSystemMetrics Lib "user32" (ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long Sub AAA() Debug.Print GetSystemMetrics(0&) Debug.Print GetSystemMetrics(1&) End Sub -...

mail #5
How do I change outlook settings to search for mail automatically without asking for my password each time Presently using comcast cable with outlook as mail. Click the "Save Password" box, maybe? "rdutton" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:15C9D39A-1F2D-4483-BA12-C236AB002228@microsoft.com... > How do I change outlook settings to search for mail automatically without asking for my password each time. > Presently using comcast cable with outlook as mail. ...