Resizing picture frame/picture problems

Hi Everyone!

I am doing a layout for a pictorial directory in Microsoft Publisher 2003. I
created picture frames the size that I wanted, and inserted my picture, using
"change picture" in the drop down menu. However, when the picture appeared,
it did not appear in the size that I made the frame. In fact, the frame
reduced in size to fit the picture. How can I make the picture that I insert
into an empty frame the same size of the frame without the frame resizing
itself to the picture?

Is there a better way? (By the way, the picture was scanned and stored at
100% in My pictures/My scans folders.)

Any help will be appreciated. I would like to used the same frame size
continuously throught the section of the directory without having to resize
-- and guess as to the size --- of each picture I layout. (Originally, I made
one picture frame size and copied it several times throughout the section of
the directory, hoping to insert a different picture in each frame.)

A workaround would be a one cell table. Select the table, right-click, format
table. Type the dimensions you want the picture to be. With your cursor in the
cell, fill, fill effects, picture tab. Browse to the image.

--
Mary Sauer MVP
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Toody" <Toody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Everyone!
>
> I am doing a layout for a pictorial directory in Microsoft Publisher 2003. I
> created picture frames the size that I wanted, and inserted my picture, using
> "change picture" in the drop down menu. However, when the picture appeared,
> it did not appear in the size that I made the frame. In fact, the frame
> reduced in size to fit the picture. How can I make the picture that I insert
> into an empty frame the same size of the frame without the frame resizing
> itself to the picture?
>
> Is there a better way? (By the way, the picture was scanned and stored at
> 100% in My pictures/My scans folders.)
>
> Any help will be appreciated. I would like to used the same frame size
> continuously throught the section of the directory without having to resize
> -- and guess as to the size --- of each picture I layout. (Originally, I made
> one picture frame size and copied it several times throughout the section of
> the directory, hoping to insert a different picture in each frame.)

0
Mary

Inner class problem.
Hello. I have a control : public class myClass private class myInnerClass ... end class end class How myInnerClass can access myClass ? Need sample, please. Thanks :) On 11/06/2010 10:49, Mr. X. wrote: > Hello. > I have a control : > public class myClass > private class myInnerClass > ... > end class > > end class > > How myInnerClass can access myClass ? Public Class myClass Private Class myInnerClass Private Sub New() End Sub ' "Friend" just in case we ever make this class Pu...

Office2003 - Outlook
Hi, Wen I move an email from my imap inbox to my removed items folder. It doesn't appear in that folder, it just mysteriously vanishes! This used to work under Office XP! Tryd dragging it to removed items folder. Moving it to removed items folder. No I haven't closed outlook in the meantime (so it would get automaticly get removed on exeting outlook) Checked this on several pc's they all had it. Latest Office 2003 patches are installed. Win XP systems with all updates. If you drag a message from my imap inbox to any other folder except removed items it does work! Help! Bram Lau...

Creating a mailing list and deleteing a mailbox
Yo. I need to replace a mailbox for our DG with a mailing list so various lackeys can manage his email. Ive found that if I replace his mailbox with a distribution list, anyone who has the DG mailbox as a contact or in a group they created in there mailbox, they can no longer send email internally to him. Internal to ext. from DG mail list is fine. Ext to internal dg mail list is fine. It seems that the removal of the mailbox object is not rippled out to the users settings on there mailboxes so kind of orphans that contact. So, my plan is to leave the dg mailbox intact but add in anot...

excel 97 file name problem
When I attempt to save an excel file, the file is saving only under the first initial of the proposed name. For instance, if I attempt to save file as "book1", the file is saved as "b" This just started happening. Any ideas why this is happening? How can it be fixed? I have up to date virus protection and I don't think that is the problem. Any suggestions? TIA Check to see if Excel is running in Windows 95 compatibility mode. There was a post that said: When I disabled compatibility mode the file name problem went away. http://google.com/groups?threadm=020101c30...

problem with resizing
Hi! I'm writing a MDI application. Child window is splitted in three panes. In the one pane I've got a FormView with some buttons. How to do, that this FormView was in the center of a pane (even during resizing )? And the second problem, how to do, that during resizing, splitters dividing window were always in the same places? Please, help me. I would be appreciate. bart ...

GP Upgrade problem
During my upgrade of one of my companies (from gp8-gp10) It told me I had to manually delete GL30000 table. I did this, now when I came to upgrade again it fell over, as GL30000 did not exist. So I did a DTS of the GL30000 table back into the Company (less the rows) I now get ERROR [Microsoft][SQL Native Client][SQL Server]Invalid column name 'DEX_ROW_TS'. rather stuck Also Moving on from this, if i ignore this company, then go to add in other products that we use for companies , I then run into with 2 companies this issue Database xxxx Revenue Expense Defferals Product 10...

Cost calculation problem
I have a problem with how MS Project is calculating the annual cost for a resource. For example, if I have a resource with a Std. Rate of $1,000 per month, assigned to a task that starts on Jan 01,2010 and ends on Dic 31, 2010, MS Project calculates an annual cost of $12,428.57, which is different from the $12,000 I expected. The task has a fixed duration, I'm using an unmodified Std. Calendar for 2010 and Project is calculating 2,088h o9f work. Any help will be appreciated. Best Regards, Javier This is how I've always learned that Cost is calculated in Project. ...

Strange problem about register window class
I want to register two window class in winmain.But when registering the second window class,VC7.0 reports an error.The error code is 87 - parameter error.But the parameters of both WINCLASSEX are the same except the wndproc and wndclass name. When compiling with bcc55,it's OK.When compiling with cygwin-g++-4.1.2 it's the same as VC7.0. If assign wc.hInstance with reinterpret_cast<HINSTANCE>(&hInstance) ,it's OK.Why?What does &hInstance mean? Below is the code: // cl register.cpp -link gdi32.lib user32.lib // g++ -o register.exe register.cpp -mwindows #include <...

2003 word
Hi We email a 2003 word file that we have copied, select paste special, select "Picture (Enhanced Metafile)". Most people can open it and it works fine. But some open it and the "picture" does not show... how can this be fixed? -- Thank-you! Ruth See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/InvisibleGraphics.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Ruth" <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5E4406C-3B02-4438-A236-C0A179CFBF74@microsoft.com... > Hi > > We email a 2003 word file that we have copied, select p...

Exchange 5.5 to 2003 Migration Problem
Hello Again, I posted this question recently and got no response. Maybe I phrased the question wrong. Is there a reason that my Win SBS 2003 test box will not see my Exhange 5.5 Server in the backup utility? When I loaded the Exhange 2003 Management tools on my Win 2000 box the backup utility loaded the Exchange agent and I was able to run backups throught that machine. Any help would be appreciated. If I don't find an answer soon I am going to have to reload my back up box with Win 2000 before I can do my premigration backups. Thanks, Dilbert...

draging with preview problem
I've got problem with Visio 2003 draging feature, In one computer while I draging and object I see a white box which symble where the oject will place when I release the button, In another computer I see the object draging and I can place it exactly where I want it to be, I can't find the difference both computer has the same version of visio and winXP, any suggestions ? This article might explain what you are seeing: http://blogs.msdn.com/visio/archive/2006/09/05/736242.aspx -- Mark Nelson Office Graphics - Visio Microsoft Corporation This posting is provided "AS IS&...

PROBLEM WITH Update Rollup for Exchange 2000 (KB870540)
HELLO, we have 5 backend servers with mailboxes, 1 of them has installed this rollup en the fix KB890066. Now we have a problem with the send of behalf. if a user sends a mail on behalf of a another malbox he gets a error, that he don,t have the rights. this problem is after we have installed those 2 fixes, before we didn't have the problems. we have windows 2000 enterprise ( sp 4 )and exchange 2000 with (sp 3 ). can anyone help to fix this thanks Hi, "Actief" <Actief@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:6500C280-01C6-44C9-A9DB-00958EC937E9@micro...

Excel Help File Problems
Our company is using Office 2000 on Window 2000 / NT OS. I recently had some issues and had to have my hard drive re-imaged. I am a relative novice with Excel VBA and rely heavily on the VBA Help files. Unfortunately the hot links on the top of the help pages are missing and there is only a placeholder (small square box shaddow with a dot in the middle). These use to have hot links such as "See Also", "Examples", Methods", etc. Most of the hot links embedded withing the text of the help files do not work either. A common error message that appears would be: &...

resizing problems
I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. The problem is when I resize the window from the left or top border the whole scene of my OpenGL moves even before my OnPaint event handler is called and when my OnPaint is called after this it repaints the scene so this produces a flicker. If, however I resize the window from the right or bottom border this problem doen't occur. Can anybody please tell me what is happening? Thank you ...

Layers of pictures
On the yearbook, we have background pictures of old maps..(they're legal) but I can see in the printers proofs that the background image is bleading ever so faintly through the headshots. The printer says that the proofs were run from the same machine. So the yearbook may look like this. I have asked to have one sheet run off on the real paper at the publishing print quality. I am thinking it will not happen. However, should the bleed appear would putting a white box behind every head shot decrease if not eliminate the bleed effect. Thanks Dawn dfmteacher <dfmteacher@discussio...

Intellimouse keyboard problems
I have 2 very similar Dell machines. XP SP3 fully updated. Computer 1 has been using a MS Intellimouse Optical for years with no problem. The other day the mouse started malfunctioning. The programmed buttons for “Show Desktop” and “Explore My Computer” quit working. I have programmed other choices and the work. My keyboard shortcut Windows +D (Show Desktop) doesn’t work either. I put the keyboard and mouse on Machine # 2 and everything works. The keyboard from computer #1 works properly on #2 but does not work on #1. The Show Desktop icon Quick Launch works properly. Obvio...

Bitmap resize on same DC
I am a little be confused! I have a custom control with a bitmap inside I create the bitmap with this code ************************************************* CClientDC dc(this) ; if (m_dcGrid.GetSafeHdc() == NULL) { m_dcGrid.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc) ; m_bitmapGrid.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, m_nClientWidth,m_nClientHeight) ; m_pbitmapOldGrid = m_dcGrid.SelectObject(&m_bitmapGrid) ; } ************************************************ and in OnPaint i have: ************************************************ CPaintDC dc(this) ; // device context for painting CDC memDC ; CBit...

Diagnose Connection Problems Button does not work
IE 8 with all the updates on Windows XP Home SP3: The �Diagnose Connection Problems� Button on the �Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage� error page has recently stopped working. When I click the button it visually depresses, but the only thing that happens is that an �Error on page� shows up in the bottom IE8 bar. The Diagnose Connection Problems Add-on is loaded and enabled. In fact, when I click on the �Diagnose Connection Problems...� entry on the IE8 tools menu icon, it works fine. Just not from the error page. It used to work. Any ideas? -- Peace, BobJ H...

CListView Vista Problem
We are modifying a CListView Control as follows: void CMyListView::OnInitialUpdate() { CListView::OnInitialUpdate(); ... DWORD dwAdd = LVS_REPORT | LVS_SINGLESEL | LVS_SHOWSELALWAYS | LVS_OWNERDATA; DWORD dwRemove = LVS_TYPEMASK; GetListCtrl().ModifyStyle(dwRemove, dwAdd); ListView_SetExtendedListViewStyle(GetListCtrl().m_hWnd, LVS_EX_FULLROWSELECT | LVS_EX_ONECLICKACTIVATE | LVS_EX_GRIDLINES | LVS_EX_HEADERDRAGDROP | LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES); CHeaderCtrl* pHeaderCtrl = GetListCtrl().GetHeaderCtrl(); ASSERT(pHeaderCtrl != NULL); if (pHeaderCtrl != NULL) { ...

problem with csv
HI When I have my regional settings at Canada (French) and I open a CSV file it does not See the commas as column separators So when you open your document it is all in one cell But if I set myself to English (Canada) it opens like it should at each comma it’s a new column Does any know how to fix this please help? Angelo Presumably you want to have the settings at Canada (French)? If you can't find a way to change the default list separator, then you could always use Data | Text-to-columns with comma as the separator and parse your file into columns that way. Hope this helps. ...

ocx problem with resources
Hi, my application consists in various dll's and an .exe. Now I created an ..ocx to use the application as a plugin in another application framework. The problem is that as plugin my error-messages coming from my own error-handler are not displayed. How come? I suppose that the ..ocx cannot get the string resources of my dll's. How can I solve this problem? Thanks in advance Dani ...

how do I enlarge the fonts on a scanned picture
how do I enlarge the fonts on a scanned picture By enlarging the entire picture. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "grammi24" <grammi24@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B956E6AD-33CA-428C-A6D6-8C9E5E4D7A1A@microsoft.com... > how do I enlarge the fonts on a scanned picture You don't with Word. You *may* be able to remove the text from the picture with a good graphics editor and a lot of patience, but you would be better served trying to find a copy of the p...

Query Problem
I have linked to an older table to which I need to add new records. My problem is that one of the fields is named S&H (honest!), and Access won't run the query if this field is in a query column. I do not have the authorization to change the field name. How can I operate on this field? I should have said I am using Access 2002/XL and the database table in question appears to be Access 2000. "VC" wrote: > I have linked to an older table to which I need to add new records. My > problem is that one of the fields is named S&H (honest!),...

CStatic derived dialog and auto-resize
Hi, I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size dynamically. I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. >I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I >mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size >dynamically. >I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. You can resize a window by using the SetWindowPos or MoveWindow APIs. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

Problem with CRichEditCtrl::Clear()
Hello Friends, If I use the CRichEditCtrl::Clear() member function in OnInitialUpdate() of my application, then it is giving a beep sound (Default Beep) of the system and if I don't use it then it is not giving any beep sound. Can anybody please tell me why this Clear() member function is giving the beep sound. Thanks in advance. -- Quality is not an accident. Its the outcome of SmartWork I have never heard of that before, but try calling SetSel(0,-1) before the clear to see if it helps. AliR. "Neelesh K J Jain" <NeeleshKJJain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...