resizing a photo

Is it possible to resize a photo converting pixels into inches using
Mocrosoft office picture manager?  I'm trying to resize a photo to a specific
size and don't know how to do that using pixels.
0
Boxerone (1)

Boxerone wrote:
> Is it possible to resize a photo converting pixels into inches using
> Mocrosoft office picture manager?  I'm trying to resize a photo to a specific
> size and don't know how to do that using pixels.

I don't know anything about Microsoft Office picture manager but
Irfanview is a free program that has lots of photo utilities, including
resize and many other useful features, including a slideshow. It's
pretty easy to use.

When you resize a photo, you have the option of selecting pixels or inches.

hth
0
erikakatz (293)
10/22/2006 3:24:03 AM
http://www.classical-webdesigns.co.uk/resources/pixelinchconvert.html

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Boxerone" <Boxerone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to resize a photo converting pixels into inches using
> Mocrosoft office picture manager?  I'm trying to resize a photo to a specific
> size and don't know how to do that using pixels.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

problem with resizing
Hi! I'm writing a MDI application. Child window is splitted in three panes. In the one pane I've got a FormView with some buttons. How to do, that this FormView was in the center of a pane (even during resizing )? And the second problem, how to do, that during resizing, splitters dividing window were always in the same places? Please, help me. I would be appreciate. bart ...

resizing problems
I am using OpenGL in my MFC app. The problem is when I resize the window from the left or top border the whole scene of my OpenGL moves even before my OnPaint event handler is called and when my OnPaint is called after this it repaints the scene so this produces a flicker. If, however I resize the window from the right or bottom border this problem doen't occur. Can anybody please tell me what is happening? Thank you ...

Viewing Photos in Preview Pane
Hi there, I would like to view the photos in the mails I receive in the preview pane. Right now, they only appear as photo files at the top of the mail. I know this is possible in Outlook Express, but what setting do I have to chang to enable this feature in Outlook? Help would be really appreciated. Thanks, Tilman Outlook does not have this feature as it is primarily a business application and those users seldom have a business need to display pictures. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to m...

Bitmap resize on same DC
I am a little be confused! I have a custom control with a bitmap inside I create the bitmap with this code ************************************************* CClientDC dc(this) ; if (m_dcGrid.GetSafeHdc() == NULL) { m_dcGrid.CreateCompatibleDC(&dc) ; m_bitmapGrid.CreateCompatibleBitmap(&dc, m_nClientWidth,m_nClientHeight) ; m_pbitmapOldGrid = m_dcGrid.SelectObject(&m_bitmapGrid) ; } ************************************************ and in OnPaint i have: ************************************************ CPaintDC dc(this) ; // device context for painting CDC memDC ; CBit...

hi all, first time here. i need help in loading a publisher photo (s) into my new web page (yahoo) that only accepts photos in the jpeg format it seems? would appreciate any help. thanks What format are you trying to use? Most if not all Publisher photos are .jpg. Bring the image into a paint program (MS Paint will suffice) and convert it to .jpg. www.irfanview.com is free and a wonderful little viewer that will convert the image. Get the plug-ins too, some formats need them. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "d...

CStatic derived dialog and auto-resize
Hi, I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size dynamically. I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. >I would like to add auto-resizing feature to my Cstatic derived control. I >mean when I load a bitmap I would like to adjust size >dynamically. >I tried to SendMessage WM_SIZE but it doesn't work. You can resize a window by using the SetWindowPos or MoveWindow APIs. Dave -- MVP VC++ FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq ...

auto resize text without resizing cell in excel
format|cells|alignment tab|check "shrink to fit" Ferd wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

Opening photo attachments
In a laptop we had previously opened photos (.jpg) in e-mail attachments by default with Nero 7. The program got corrupted and had to be uninstalled, and this laptop is now with my wife in another location where we cannot reinstall Nero for a while. What is now happening when she tries to open such photos that are e-mail attachments is that she gets a message "application not found"; thus, she cannot open the files. She can save them and open them in another program (Adobe Photoshop), but they do not open by default and she has to save them first before she can open them. Is...

Drop Down box resizing on open
I'm using Excel 2000 and have created a workbook with lots of drop down boxes which keep resizing when I open up the sheet. I have the drop downs in column B, with linked cells in column A with IF's in column D based on column's A values. I have macro's running in the background autofitting column D (the IF variables can give results which range from 1-10 lines taken from another sheet). The drop down boxes have been positioned in the lower half of the cells so the cell contents can be read. I have made sure that each drop down box has 'move but dont size with cells&...

How to resize a CTreeCtl when the dialog window is resized
Hello, Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks, Linda >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyone have any >suggestions? > >Thanks, >Linda > >. You can handle the message WM_SIZE of dialog to change the size of CTreeCtrl. Use message mapping. Then call the MoveWindow function to change the size: CTreeCtrl::MoveWindow(x, y, width, height) >-----Original Message----- >Hello, > >Is there any documentation on how to do this? Or does anyo...

Resizing trendline title in legend
G'day, Im having trouble resizing the legend from 3 lines to 1. I have used a scatter chart and then Add Trendline>Moving average. The legend that is auto-generated is "10 per. Mov. Avg. (PROJECTED INITIAL YELD" The title is broken up into 3 lines as above, and no matter how much I resize or how much big I make the legend area or how small the font, it INSISTS on using 3 lines. Because the title is auto-generated (10 per. Mov. Avg.....) there is nowhere where I can actually edit the title eg make it shorter, or remove the alt-enter line breaks (if thats what it is). The ...

best hot photos
HOT HEROINES PHOTOS http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/ SEXY SNEHA http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/sneha-hot.html KOUSHA HOT EXPOSING http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/sexy-kousha.html PRIYAMANI IN HOT BIKINI http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/priyamani-hot.html MADHUSHALINI IN HOT DRESS http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/blog-post_2972.html HOTTEST LIPKISS http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/lipkiss-2.html NAMITHA IN BATH http://hotheroinesphoto.blogspot.com/2010/06/nayagarala-namitha.html ...

Resizable CPropertySheet In Resizable CFormView
I'm trying to build an MFC-based SDI app that has a look somewhat like that shown by Joseph M. Newcomer at http://www.flounder.com/proppage.gif in his page "The Graphical Developer Interface" ( http://www.flounder.com/gdi.htm ). The property sheet and the pages in it should be resizable, and it's the resizing that I'm having problems with. I selected a CFormView-based application and put a CPropertySheet in it, with appropriate pages. (I selected a CFormView over a dialog-based app because I wanted the framework's support for all the things you don't get with a...

I am looking to create a calander from my own photos
could you recommend a program to download so as I can create my own calander and christmas cards janeta <janeta@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > could you recommend a program to download so as I can create my own > calander and christmas cards This group is for the discussion of Microsoft Publisher. Microsoft Publisher will do this, although it might be overkill. Microsoft Publisher is not available for download at present. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher ...

resize
trying to resize a template from 1 to 1 to 1 to 10. it has a frame around the page and every time i resize, it resizes the frame to make it really small in the corner. is there a way this can be locked? thanku sounds like the frame may be associated with a background page, that often happens with some materials that I put together. Al "Harry Archer" <ha092003@removehotmail.com> wrote in message news:eDkN9%23pqDHA.392@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > trying to resize a template from 1 to 1 to 1 to 10. it has a frame around > the page and every time i resize, it resizes the f...

Can I automatically resize all controls in a Dialog without adding user codes
Dear All, Can I design a Dialog that automatically resizes all controls when the Dialog is being resized? Many thanks, Yes. You can resize or move them as you wish by handling OnSize of the dialog. SetWindowPos can be used to change the size and/or position. Here is a helpful link: http://www.codeproject.com/dialog/resizabledialog.asp --- Ajay No. You must explicitly take action on the OnSize handler to resize them. Sometimes, there are packages called "geometry managers" that make this fairly straightforward (check www.codeproject.com and www.codeguru.com for examples)...

Photo issues
I am having a problem that is really getting aggrevating, and hope to find an answer here. I create return address labels using preset Avery templates in Publisher. Two questions: 1. When I look in the print screen, I can't find the option to print just one label. Where is it located? I know if I set up my own template, I can choose to print just one, but when I choose the Avery, it's not available. It is print a whole sheet, or nothing, which isn't very good if there are any mistakes, which leads me to question 2... 2. My photos are not holding on the label. What ...

Access 2007: Resizing one textbox resizes all
Created a new form, all textboxes were auto-created from the Data Source table. Now, I want to resize some of the textboxes to smaller and larger. When I give focus to one textbox and drag to resize, all textboxes automatically get focus and resize as well. Or, when I change the textbox width in the Properties for one text box, all of them change. Never saw this behavior in Access 2003. A2007 has a new feature for linking all the controls. Sometimes a very handy feature, sometimes not so handy. To remove the linking, select one of the linked controls, go to the arrange m...

Resize CToolBar?
I've got a problem with CToolBar (MFC). Im trying to change the toolbar resource at runtime using LoadToolbar(). The "new" toolbar is loaded ok, but the width of the old layout remains (the buttons to the far left are hidden). If I grab the toolbar and drag it, it is updated to the new width. Is there a CToolBar method I can use to update it? I've tried SetSizes() with no luck. Try calling RecalcLayout(). Tom "Fredrik" <eelector@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e3787004.0502230411.620d8144@posting.google.com... > I've got a problem with CToolBar...

Resizing?
Hello, can onyone explain in brief how to do sizing in MFC? How large MFC-based products supports resizable windows/controls, i.e. gui elements? I found nothing worth in MFC/MSDN. For example, How photoshop does sizing its tool windows? Macromedia Dreamweaver, CoolEdit, SoundForge? Do they programmed sizing by hand? I know VCL sizing (anchors or aligned container panels), layout managers in Swing/Java. What about MFC? I am not exactly sure what you are asking. You start off by placing controls in the form(dialog) in resource editor. This is a manual process. It can be automated but a lot of i...

how to resize the dynamic combobox created inside a listctrl........????????????
how to resize the dynamic combobox created inside a listctrl........???????????? > how to resize the dynamic combobox created inside a > listctrl........???????????? Regardless of where it is created, you can use SetWindowPos to size it. --- Ajay ...

Resizing email message screen
On starting WLM, it always fills the whole screen of my laptop, no matter how the screen was resized before the previous exit from WLM. Also, on opening any email message after resizing WLM, the email message itself still occupies the whole screen. Is this a problem with Windows 7 Premium which I have on my laptop, or is it a problem with WLM? Any window you want to resize permanently must be the /last/ window closed. Grab the corners of the window and drag it to the size you desire. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Wi...

Resize UML Actor
Hi all, I'm using Visio 2003 Pro. We're working with UML diagrams and we're having problems resizing the "actor" shape. We can make it larger, but we can only shrink it to a certain size, and then Visio won't let us shrink it any further. .32 X .87 is the smallest we can make it, which is still too big for us. Does anyone know of a way to get around this? Thanks, -Jay Dreyer Hello jay, The size of the actor shape is controlled by the UML addin. It is strange but ?? By the way here is a turn around. The width cannot be smaller than the value of the User.Def...

How do I resize shape in powerpoint (resizing collapses the shape
I can draw a shape in PowerPoint 2007 but when I click on it to change the size, it collapses vertically. I can stretch it horizontally but can't change the vertical height. Have you applied all the hot fixes and service packs to PowerPoint 2007? There were issues with this early on, but most have been resolved with the updates. Bill Dilworth "jmmarq4" <jmmarq4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD51B77B-1C94-471B-A574-551191857A98@microsoft.com... >I can draw a shape in PowerPoint 2007 but when I click on it to change the > size, it...

Minolta Magicolor 2500W Photos are very dim when printing.
Minolta Magicolor 2500W Photos are very dim when printing. Can anyone tell me what I can do to solve this problem. Use a different printer? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Ujaeger" <Ujaeger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6DC7DA44-56D5-4F06-9282-D65A2CA815D3@microsoft.com... > Minolta Magicolor 2500W Photos are very dim when printing. Can anyone tell > me > what I can do to solve this problem. Minolta has very good support articles. They suggest you maybe using t...