resetting flyer from 8.5 x 11 to 11 x 17 paper size

in publisher, has anyone ever created a flyer for an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of
paper then wanted to stretch it to fit an 11 x 17 poster size?
0
librarian (8)

Select all, group items, stretch to fit new paper size, resize fonts in text
boxes.

If you don't want to do that, select all, group items, copy, paste special,
paste as an enhanced .wmf., resize, all items will scale properly. Keep the
original for editing, as you can not change the text or graphics after athe
enhanced .wmf is created.

"the librarian" <the librarian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> in publisher, has anyone ever created a flyer for an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of
> paper then wanted to stretch it to fit an 11 x 17 poster size?

0
someone913 (592)
1/30/2006 11:00:19 PM
Really?  if you go from something with an aspect ratio of 1.29 (letter
sheet) to an aspect of 1.54  (11X17) it'll keep it all in proportion?

"James E Middleton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Select all, group items, stretch to fit new paper size, resize fonts in
> text boxes.
>
> If you don't want to do that, select all, group items, copy, paste
> special, paste as an enhanced .wmf., resize, all items will scale
> properly. Keep the original for editing, as you can not change the text or
> graphics after athe enhanced .wmf is created.
>

> "the librarian" <the librarian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> in publisher, has anyone ever created a flyer for an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of
>> paper then wanted to stretch it to fit an 11 x 17 poster size?

0
me7685 (39)
2/1/2006 8:29:59 PM
MDBJ <me@no.com> was very recently heard to utter:
> Really?  if you go from something with an aspect ratio of 1.29 (letter
> sheet) to an aspect of 1.54  (11X17) it'll keep it all in proportion?

Yep.  It'll just be letterboxed.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)
2/1/2006 8:40:32 PM
Well, he did say 'stretch'. ;-)

What I suggested was a quick fix, not a perfect solution. E.g., a client
calls and says, 'I wonder what this would look on bigger paper, and I have a
meeting in 15 minutes, could you e-mail me a .pdf so I can take it in with
me?

'Sure , I'll send you a draft.' sounds better than 'Impossible.'

He could select all, stretch it out to get the basic layout proportions and
then tweak it to match the aspect ratio perfectly.

"MDBJ" <me@no.com> wrote in message
> Really?  if you go from something with an aspect ratio of 1.29 (letter
> sheet) to an aspect of 1.54  (11X17) it'll keep it all in proportion?
>

> "James E Middleton" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Select all, group items, stretch to fit new paper size, resize fonts in
>> text boxes.
>>
>> If you don't want to do that, select all, group items, copy, paste
>> special, paste as an enhanced .wmf., resize, all items will scale
>> properly. Keep the original for editing, as you can not change the text
>> or graphics after athe enhanced .wmf is created.
>>

>> "the librarian" <the librarian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message news:95DAC63E-9E29-4BFB-BB81-888672EA61DC@microsoft.com...
>>> in publisher, has anyone ever created a flyer for an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of
>>> paper then wanted to stretch it to fit an 11 x 17 poster size?

0
someone913 (592)
2/2/2006 12:08:23 AM
James E Middleton <someone@microsoft.com> was very recently heard to
utter:
> He could select all, stretch it out to get the basic layout
> proportions and then tweak it to match the aspect ratio perfectly.

Except that changing to Enhanced Metafile would make tweaking rather
difficult.

Easiest option would be to change the aspect ratio whilst keeping the
approximate size constant, then using PDF to scale to fit the page.

Actually, second-easiest.  The EASIEST option would be for the USofA to
switch to using international standard paper sizes, where the aspect ratio
is constant so the problem wouldn't occur.  Then use PDF to scale the page
without concern.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher

0
the_nerd (6344)

=?Utf-8?Q?in_excel_how_can_I_type_=28c=29_and_?= =?Utf-8?Q?not_have_it_converted_into_a_=C2=A9?=
Go to the Tools menu, choose AutoCorrect Options, and remove the entry for (c). -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "newtoexcel" <newtoexcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B110177-E48A-4E8C-AFEF-E3DCEEF3B99F@microsoft.com... > Tools>Autocorrect Options, delete the (c) entry -- Kind regards, Niek Otten "newtoexcel" <newtoexcel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B110177-E48A-4E8C-AFEF-E3DCEEF3B99F@microsoft.com... > ...

IE8 text size 01-02-10
I am running Vista Home Premium 32 bits with SP2 and IE8. I have recently started experiencing a problem with text size in IE8. Using the Page->text size option I set the text size to the desired size. The size does not remain at the size specified. It reverts to a larger size rather frequently. I've been using IE8 for a long time and this phenomona started recently. The only significant changes made to my system are monthly updates from Microsoft. Thanks for any help. Lou "Louis Rost" <louis@home> wrote in message news:6devj51on2iq9un1fl88qvun...

Reproduzir .mov no Windows Media Player 11
Caros Amigos como posso reproduzir ficheiros com a extensão ".mov" no WMP 11 pois apenas consigo reproduzir bem as imagens mas não ouvir os sons, já tentei formatar noutros tipos de ficheiros mas o resultado é pior, esta situação apenas é exigida pela camara digital ou dos videos dela retirados com essa extensão, obrigado... ...

Date format/grouping on x-axis label
Hello all, I known I've seen this answered, but I can't find the original post, so I have to repost. I have a column of dates as a category x axix label. It is formatted to mmm-yy (Jan-07). This works great, until I add a blank value into the column. Column1 9/26/2006 (formatted to: Sep-06) 9/26/2006 (formatted to: Sep-06) 10/24/2006 (formatted to: Oct-06) 10/24/2006 (formatted to: Oct-06) 10/25/2006 (formatted to: Oct-06) 10/27/2006 (formatted to: Oct-06) 11/11/2006 (formatted to: Nov-06) The chart looks like this: ----------------------------- Sep-06 | Oct-06 | Nov-06 If I ...

How can I determine if a cell has a value (#) or a formula (X*Y)?
I would like to have the cell font color change (conditional format) to denote whether there is a value (a simple number) or a formula in the cell (X*Y) where X*Y could be a reference to another cell or just a typed in =2*3. This will help users know when they should use some caution in changing an input when there is a formula inside the cell or just simply over ride when there is a simple dumb input. Thanks for your help. I found this in this link http://www.j-walk.com/ss/excel/usertips/tip045.htm 1. Select Insert, Name, Define. 2. In the Define Name dialog box, enter the follow...

Money Plus Deluxe #5
I upgraded to Money Plus Deluxe about 2 weeks ago and the conversion went fine, however I can not update data from the bank. I have talked to support at the bank and they tell me that I am doing everything right. They can see me log in to download the latest info, but the software says "bank wants you to change your password". I have changed the password with them on the telephone with me and it is fine on their end. They told me to contact Microsoft, but I cannot locate anyone to call. Any assistance would be appreciated! In microsoft.public.money, Sharon Z wrote: >...

Visio 32 5.0
Recipient unable to open sent visio 5.0 drawing. He wants to know are there any other outputs available for him to open my transmitted visio info? ...

NDRs not being generated on Large SIZE emails
This is a follow up question to my SIZE MATTERS! post. When a large email gets sent out (in my case over 3MB), I do not receive an NDR. So the user is left thinking that it went out because he/she never gets notified that it was not delivered. The Application Log has EVENT ID 3004 with a Source being - MSEXCHANGEIMC which states: An NDR could not be sent. This is most likely because the original message had a blank originating address. In most cases this is normal behavior, although it can sometimes indicate a local or remote server configuration problem. If archiving was enabled at...

print 1 paper from 2 sheets
How can i print the range a1:m10 from sheet 1 AND a11:r10 from sheet 2 on ONE piece of paper ? Anybody knows a solution ? ---------------------------------------- Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter 203 spam-mails zijn er tot op heden geblokkeerd. Download de gratis www.SPAMfighter.com vandaag nog! Create a new sheet. Copy A1:M10 of Sheet1 to that new sheet Copy A11:R10 of sheet 2 to that new sheet Print from there. If you have to do this lots of times, you can select A1:M10 edit|copy to the new sheet shift-edit|paste picture link And the same with A11:R10. By using paste ...

Display a person's age in years & months: for example 4;11
How do you show a person's chronological age in years & months in Excel: I want the age to show up as 4;11 (4 yr 11 mo), not as 4.91. Thanks! long winded but it works for me. =ROUNDDOWN(((TODAY()-A1)/365.25),0 &";"&ROUNDDOWN(MOD((TODAY()-A1),365.25)/365.25*12,0) A1 contains the persons birth date -- dcronj ----------------------------------------------------------------------- dcronje's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=528 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26285 Hi, Try =DATEDIF(A1,...

how to permanently change default font size in mspublisher
Going into font schemes doesn't quite do it for me. I would like to open every new publication in Times Roman 12 point type (rather than 10). Is there an easy way of achieving this? -- warren "warren" <warren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C75BF7CE-71C4-483B-9E22-9E5E71ED08FF@microsoft.com... > Going into font schemes doesn't quite do it for me. I would like to open > every new publication in Times Roman 12 point type (rather than 10). Is > there > an easy way of achieving this? > -- > warren Warren, you didn't mention th...

Auto Display of X and Y axis values for multiple charts in WKBK
I have about 15 worksheets with a separate chart embedded on each sheet. I'd like to run something in VBA (if available) to display the chart name and the information for each series so that I know what I need to change to change the charts to dynamic charts. Thanks in advance, Barb Reinhardt ...

Bug? Rebuild of database lost Entourage 11.2.1 links to Word 11.2 documents
After a rebuild of the Entourage 11.2.1 database, I discovered that links from several Entourage Notes to Word 11.2 documents were gone. Does a rebuild of the database automatically wipe out ALL links among components of Entourage, Word and Excel? If so, is there any way this could be prevented by Microsoft developers in the future? Respectfully, Norm On 14/11/05 23:36, in article BF9E5F9B.113AE%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > After a rebuild of the Entourage 11.2.1 database, I discovered that l...

ExitInstance causing handle leak in WLK1.5 Print Driver Stress Tes
I have overridden CWinApp::ExitInstance, so as to DeleteCriticalSection in my printer driver. The WLK 1.5 Printer Driver Stress is throwing the exception "Printer Handle Leak(Illegal thread operation)". If I don't override the ExitInstance virtual function, I don't get the exception. The Printer Driver Stress test is passing though. I don't understand why it is happening so. Any inputs will be highly appreciated. ...

IE 8 speed
When using IE 8, it is extremely slow to boot up, open new tabs, and just slow to use all around. There should be an update that will help speed up IE 8. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/e...

attachment size limits
In Exchange 2000, we used to have the global limit set to 10MB and we could specify a higher limit on a user's account and it would take precedence. Now with Exchange 2003 it seems the global limit always wins. We need to be able to allow specific users to send large attachments. Where would we need to specify limits to setup the following scenario? -No one can ever send anything larger than 50MB (global limit i assume) -Internal emails can send 20MB attachments (not sure where to set) -External emails can send 10MB attachments (internet email smtp connector?) -Specified user attachme...

Need help with formula #5
Hi, In Column "N" in my worksheet named "names" I have a list with names from N1:N350. In the same workbook there are 350 sheets named Sheet1, Sheet2.Sheet350. I need a formula to send the names in column N on sheet "names" to cell A1 on sheets 1,2,3.350. For example the name on cell N1 on sheet "names" goes to cell A1 on sheet1, the name on cell N2 on sheet "names" goes to cell A1 on sheet 2.and so on. Hi not really possible with a formula. A formula can't 'send' data to other cells. This would require either VBA or a form...

move exchange 5.5 to a new domain
We are looking to move an exchange 5.5 server from a NT 4 domain to a win2k domain. Exchange will still be 5.5IS this do-able? I wouldn't recommend it. But if you insist. http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq_appxk.htm -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq_appxc.htm "anonny" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:015201c3c98a$b6dfb590$a401280a@phx.gbl... > We are looking to move an exchange 5.5 server from a NT 4 > domain to a win2k domain. Exchange will still b...

Sync Windows Mobile 5.0 with Office 2008 Mac?
Version: 2008 Hello, is it possible to synchronize Office 2008 with Windows Mobile 5.0? Is it supported? Does it require any special software for synchronization? I have searched some forum threads but I haven't searched any clear information. Thanks a lot. Lucie ...

Office 2004 Update 11.2.5
Hi, Just a cautionary tale. I updated office last night with the 11.2.5 patch. Now Entourage, Powerpoint and Excel are missing. Spotlight can't find them and they are not in the trash. They have vanished from the /Applications/Microsoft Office 2004/ folder. Word is still there and works. I guess I will just have to re-install from the disc. Don't know what caused it the log only documents things written to the disk not erased. Matthew OS X 10.4.5 512 DDR SDRAM 1.42 GHz PPC G4 Hi Marcel - Are you sure it was the 11.2.*5* update that caused the problem, not 11.2.*6* ? That is mo...

test #5
test ...

Changing font size in a list box
I have a listbox object on my spread sheet, and the font is about 1/3 the size of the rest of the sheet. I have checked the properties of the listbox (right click, properties) and there is no mention of changing font or size. Is there a way to control this? I was hopping it would use the font size from the source, but I was wrong. Any help would be appreciated. If you use the listbox from the Forms toolbar, you can't change the font. If you use the listbox from the Control toolbox toolbar, you can. It's under properties. jones.derek@jdirving.com wrote: > > I have ...

media player 11 01-29-10
when i try to burn a cd it says to install a device and restart player whats up with this...i can go to help and cd player is in list also i can rip frome cd to wmp..im about to go crasy..help me if u can thks fuzzy On Thu, 28 Jan 2010 20:13:01 -0800, fuzzy <fuzzy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when i try to burn a cd it says to install a device and restart player whats >up with this...i can go to help and cd player is in list also i can rip frome >cd to wmp..im about to go crasy..help me if u can thks fuzzy Go the Start menu, choose Run and in the box typ...

Change Chart Size
I was wondering if anyone knows how I can change the sizes of charts in excel. But i dont want to just resize by dragging the corners, i want to lock the aspect ratio, and change the width to 3.5 inches. So basically, i want to change the width of each chart to 3.5 inches exactly. Another problem I am having is when I copy and paste a chart from excel into powerpoint, all the changes to the size and text I made get changed so its not the copy I wanted. Is there any way to change this. 1) Resize using aspect ratio only after the chart is sucessfully in Powerpoint. 2) You get charts...

Limiting attachment size per user
I have a quick and easy question. If my SMTP virtual server is putting a size limit on outgoing attachments to 4MBs and in Active Directory under Exchange General->Dilivery Restrictions->Outgoing Message Size->Maximin KB-> I give him 10MBs......who wins? And if the gateway always wins, how can I give a user more without making the global change on the Gateway? Thanks, Pete Hey Pete, I think this article pretty well answers your questions: 322679 Set Size Limits for Messages http://support.microsoft.com/?id=322679 Regards, Colby -- Please do not send e-mail directly to t...