Resampling in Publisher 2003

Can I resample a photo in Publisher 2003?
0
dave871 (679)

You can try. There are are tools that will change the contrast and brightness. You
can resize and crop. To truly resample you need to use a photo editing application.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
> Can I resample a photo in Publisher 2003?

0
gsauer (5094)

How do I paste or crop a photo into a cirlce in publisher?
This seems like a very basic thing to do. All other layout programs that I have worked with will do this. Please help if you can. You've committed the usual sin, Publisher version number omitted. Here's how in Publisher 2000. Creating Oval pictures in Publisher 2000 by Brian Kvalheim 1. Open Microsoft Publisher 2000 2. Go to Insert > Picture > New Drawing 3. On the bottom toolbar, go to AutoShapes > Basic Shapes > Oval 4. Draw an Oval in the drawing box that is shown 5. Right Click on the Oval and go to Format AutoShape 6. Color and Lines Tab > Fill Color change to ...

Publisher 2003 files can't be opened by Publisher 2000 users
Even though I save files created in Publisher 2003 as Publisher 2000 files they can't be opened by associates who are using Publisher 2000. What might be the problem? Does it happen every time? I've had it happen to me occasionally but I've found a little perseverance seems to do the trick. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "hobnail" <hobnail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:267B71A6-55FD-4C7E-97DA-A37FBC9F75FA@microsoft.com... > Even though I save files created in Publisher 2003 as Publisher 2000 files > they can't be ...

Exchange 2003 Administration Delegation
it seems that the only exchange full administrator account has been deleted as I can see something like S-1-5-21-..... in the delegation wizard. Is there a way to make another account full exchange administrator? -- George On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 06:30:03 -0700, George <George@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >it seems that the only exchange full administrator account has been deleted >as I can see something like S-1-5-21-..... in the delegation wizard. Is there >a way to make another account full exchange administrator? Use adsiedit.msc and assign another account full con...

Outlook 2003 Cached Exchange Mode freezes up
We're using Outlook 2003 with the cached exchange mode set. Sometimes desktop computer email will not update when in cache mode. What is required to fix this problem? Thanks, Jim ...

Importing a .cdr file in Publisher 2007
Hi there, someone has sent me a .cdr file, is there a way to import it into Publisher? Thanks, Ulli You can import a .cdr file in 2007. Not sure about the version however. I cannot import CorelDraw 12 images into Publisher. Your sender can convert the .cdr in Corel to a .wmf or .emf or any other format. Try importing, Insert, picture, from file. If your sender cannot convert the file, send it to me and I will convert it for you. mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Ulli" <Ul...

Can I convert from Publisher to Powerpoint?
I am having trouble figuring out if it is possible to convert a flyer I made up in Publisher and insert it into my Powerpoint presentation. You can try to do a copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Renee" <Renee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75C511B4-FDB4-4800-AD06-91CF9FBE9C7F@microsoft.com... >I am having trouble figuring out if it is possible to convert a flyer I >made > up in Publisher and insert it into my Powerpoint presentation. Thanks JoAnn, I...

Resampling in Publisher 2003
Can I resample a photo in Publisher 2003? You can try. There are are tools that will change the contrast and brightness. You can resize and crop. To truly resample you need to use a photo editing application. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0ABD52C-B960-4295-AC0B-DF7303E99CF0@microsoft.com... > Can I resample a photo in Publisher 2003? ...

LOst my publisher files
Hi Need help, saved all my documents before having drive formatted, now can't find where I saved my file of webpage. Have the published version, but need to find the publisher file so as to make adjustments. Using Xp and can't seem to find it in search. What are the file extension for publisher files?? Thanks althea Althea <ajbthames@xtra.co.nz> was very recently heard to utter: > Need help, saved all my documents before having drive formatted, now > can't find where I saved my file of webpage. Have the published > version, but need to find the publisher file ...

Outlook 2003 keeps freezing up
Since I installed Office 2003 outlook continues to 'freeze' and an error report informs me there has been a fata error and it must shut down. I also observe that it is trying to syncronize yet I do not run from an exchange 2003 server. . . Truly exasperated - tried uninstall and install and still no luck. Running Norton Firewall and Norton AntiVirus. Any help would really help. Thanks in advance Tony ...

Cannot open mailboxes of users with account in Exchangeadmins group after they are migrated to Exchange 2003 Server
We have a Windows 2000 SP4 server running Exchange 2000 SP3 with most of our users' mailboxes on it. We have recently built a new Exchange 2003 cluster running on Windows 2003 SP1. I have only migrated the IT department's mailboxes on to it for the time being. One thing I have noticed, is that in the past I used an email account that was a member of the Exchangeadmins group to open user's mailboxes when necessary. This no longer works on users who are now on the Exchange 2003 cluster. When I try and open their mailboxes (through Outlook), I get the error message 'Unable to open...

Publisher Problem #5
I am trying to print out the addresses, phone numbers and email addresses that I storred in publisher when I set up mail merge. I can't find where it is to print them. What version Publisher are you using? Did you setup the data in Publisher? Look in a folder in "My Documents" that says "My Data Sources." When you click "open data source" where does Publisher direct you? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Flower" <Flower@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Word 2003 Problems
This is happening on 2 different computers: Word 2003 will not directly open a document from the desktop or the My Docs folder (or any folder). File - Open will open the file, but it can't be edited and the mouse won't work, you can't click in the file to go to a specific place in the document. I appreciate any help. You may want to check the "file association" or "file type" that .doc are associated to. Open for instance "My Documents" go to "tools" > "folder options" > "file types" and then s...

Money 2003 encryption problem
Money 2003 was working well until yesterday when it refused to start saying that my encryption wasn't good enough. I double checked IE which said I had 128-bit encryption. I accessed my bank accounts and credit card accounts online without any problem. I tried reinstalling Money 2003 without success and then uninstalled and reinstalled Money 2003 without success. Has anyone else had this problem happen to them? If yes, is there a solution? Otherwise I can't access my Money files. Thank you - Trinlay ...

Outlook 2003 Send/Receive Issue
Hello everyone and thank you for reading my post! CLIENT INFORMATION: -Dell Latitude C840 (P4 1.7Ghz, 512MB, 30GB) -Windows XP Pro SP1a -Microsoft Office 2003 Pro SERVER INFORMATION: -Compaq ML530G2 (Dual P4 Xeon, 1GB, 60GB) RAID 5 -Windows 2000 Server SP4 -Exchange 2000 SP3 w/ Post SP3 Rollup This client is having send/receive issues with Outlook 2003... He is configured to use cached exchange mode and is set to login with the default: "Kerberos/NTLM Password Authentication" This person uses the Cisco VPN Dialer to connect to the corporate network (Cisco PIX 515e) and once c...

Ms Publisher #3
I had problem when trying to copy publish file into CD especially when involved other folder . How to add folder into bookmark After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from mejkd <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > I had problem when trying to copy publish file into CD > especially when involved other folder . > How to add folder into bookmark To copy a folder to a CD, you need to copy the file to your hard drive and then use your CD Writer software to burn the file to a CD. Unless you are using Publisher 2003, which can burn files to CD ...

View or print publisher file without having publisher?
I have a client who has MS Office2003 Standard edition which does not include publisher. I'm working on a brochure for this client and want to send a Publisher file to them for review, and they'll likely want to print it. Is there a Publisher file viewer available? or what program can be used so they don't have to buy Publisher? Send as a PDF. There are free converters around... This is one http://www.primopdf.com/ -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "SoloSEO" <SoloSEO@discussions.microsoft.c...

Publisher 2007 #31
If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round pictures, they just sit on top! What am I doing Wrong? In Publisher 2000 it would be, Click on the text box; select Format, check "Wrap text around objects" Option. OK -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "richwoo" <richwoo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F176A1BE-6E72-48FB-98F9-573C15E677CC@microsoft.com... > If I use Autoflow in text boxes, I cannot get the test to wrap round > pictures, they just sit on top! > What am I doing Wrong? > ...

How do I resample a picture in publisher?
After resizing a large picture, how do I resample it to a smaller file size? dwm wrote: > After resizing a large picture, how do > I resample it to a smaller file size? =========================== Maybe you could use IrfanView, it has a resample option. Download IrfanView 3.95 http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967.html (get the plug-ins too) -- John Inzer return e-mail disabled ...

Access 2003 and 2007 on same PC
I have Office 2003 and Office 2007 installed on the same PC (installed correctly as per the KB article http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/928091). I am having problems with VBA References. A new database created in Access 2003 contains references to the Microsoft Access 12.0 Object Library, not the Access 11. Therefore none of my VBA code will work. it comes up with an error of "object or class does not support the set of events" Does anyone know how to re-set the reference back to Microsoft Access 11.0 Object Library - I can't untick the reference to 12.0 and when I b...

Outlook 2003: Cursor automatically in To box when
Whenever I create a new message; reply to one; or forward one in Outlook 2003 on a machine I inherited from someone else at work, the blinking text cursor is automatically placed in the To box. I've never seen this happen before in Outlook or any other email app and its quite annoying. I end up having to either retype the beginning of my message again in the body of the email or cut and paste what i've already began to type. Please help, DMarrs@biziteks.com On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 14:16:12 -0700, <DMarrs@biziteks.com> wrote: >Whenever I create a new message; reply to one...

Inserting photos into Publisher
I cannot see the photo from file I have tried to insert into Publisher 2003. All I see is just a box with the dotted outline of where the picture should be. How do I make the image visible please? View, picture, detailed display... If this is not the solution, it means your video/graphics driver needs updating. Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel, display folder, settings tab, advanced button, troubleshoot tab. If this solves the disappearing picture problem then you definitely need to upgrade your driver. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ ht...

Diplay HTML in junk e-mail
Hello, Right now my junk e-mail only shows the text. I understand why they would turn off HTML preview pane viewing but I'd prefer it to be on. Is there a way to leave it on all the time for all junk e-mail? Thanks No. It's a security issue. If you want to view such messages in their = original format, you must move them to another folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

How do I set publisher 2003 to always open in 100% view?
I need to set publisher 2003 to open all files with the same view and zoom size. It's frustrating having to enlarge each time I open a file. Currently all files open at the default view of 75%. Also would love to know how to get pulisher to show me the page number box at the bottom of the screen - it has disappeared. F9 will zoom to 100% Then there is this from Ed Bennett Default Zoom Add-in v1.0---Scroll down. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/add-ins -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Keith" <Keith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2005...

Can I migrate my old Exchange 5.5 from NT4 to 2003 server?
Totally have no idea about how to do it. Any tips, please. Thanks a lot Hi, Exchange 5.5 will not run on Windows 2003. Exchange 5.5 will run on Windows 2000. The only version of Exchange that will run on Windows 2003 is Exchange 2003. -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "yuner" <annie_bai2000@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

Publisher 2007 publishing to FTP location -HREF=FTP in source
Hopefully someone has run into this. My sister used publisher 2003 to publish her business web site. She upgraded to 2007 and now, when she publishes the web site the HREF Urls all refer to ftp:// rather than HTTP:// I notice the base url is set correctly but cannot see where she needs to set publsher to point all href to http: when she publishes to her web site through ftp. This has to be simple but I'm not a publisher user so any suggestions, pointers most welcome. Thanks in advance. When she upgraded, did she also switch to IE7 from IE6, or to Vista from XP? Is she using a th...