Repost

I sent his message earlier but have not been able to view it from here so I
apologize if it has already been answered.

I had heard that the refresh was released sometime last week but have
received no notification from MS about it. When will I know? Will MS send an
email to everyone that purchased the Beta 2 Kit? I have clicked "Check for
Updates" but there is no information there. All I get is "All your office
products are up to date". Thanks for reading.

0
tonil (4)

Hi Robin,

I have the following URL to view, nothing more.
http://officebeta.microsoft.com/home/default.aspx
I read in one of the ng's that the refresh had been made available for
download by MS sometime around the 26th but then it was withdrawn. Do you
have any information about when MS will moffer it again? Thanks.
"Robin Corn" <robin@wwwindowlight.co.nz> wrote in message
> When you buy the beta do you get access to Betaplace?
> "Toni L." <tonil@sysmet.net> wrote in message
> > I sent his message earlier but have not been able to view it from here
so
> > apologize if it has already been answered.
> >
> > I had heard that the refresh was released sometime last week but have
> > received no notification from MS about it. When will I know? Will MS
send
> an
> > email to everyone that purchased the Beta 2 Kit? I have clicked "Check
for
> > Updates" but there is no information there. All I get is "All your
office
> > products are up to date". Thanks for reading.

0
tonil (4)
6/30/2003 11:41:59 AM
Thanks so much Brian,

I have removed all of MS 11 Beta 2 because of problems I was having with it.
It didn't cause any problems with Windows or any other programs and I didn't
lose any data. Beta 2 was just "unruly". Now that he refresh is available I
want to start all over with it. Should I first reinstall all the programs I
had installed when I got the Beta 2 Kit and then download the refresh? Also,
it looks to me as if Business Contact Manager, the add on to Outlook 2003 is
a new version. How would you recommend I handle that? Thanks again for
answering!

http://officebeta.microsoft.com/search/redir.aspx?AssetID=ES790020331033&Ori
> gin=HH010779811033&CTT=5
>
> It's a public update now for the refresh
>
> --
> Brian Kvalheim
> Microsoft Publisher MVP
> For FAQ's, Templates and More:
> http://www.kvalheim.org
>
> Activewin Staff Management
> www.activewin.com
>

> "Toni L." <tonil@sysmet.net> wrote in message
> > I sent his message earlier but have not been able to view it from here
so
> > apologize if it has already been answered.
> >
> > I had heard that the refresh was released sometime last week but have
> > received no notification from MS about it. When will I know? Will MS
send
> an
> > email to everyone that purchased the Beta 2 Kit? I have clicked "Check
for
> > Updates" but there is no information there. All I get is "All your
office
> > products are up to date". Thanks for reading.

0
tonil (4)
7/1/2003 12:05:18 AM
Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a
message from Toni L. <tonil@sysmet.net>
> Beta 2 was just "unruly".
How?

> Now
> that he refresh is available I want to start all over with it. Should
> I first reinstall all the programs I had installed when I got the
> Beta 2 Kit and then download the refresh?
Yes.  The Beta 2 Products need to be installed in order to install the
downloadable refresh - it is just an updae, like Office XP SP1

> Also, it looks to me as if
> Business Contact Manager, the add on to Outlook 2003 is a new
> version. How would you recommend I handle that? Thanks again for
> answering!
Outlook with BCM is classed as a different product to Outlook - it comes on
a different CD.  However, Outlook is the same, the BCM just adds new extra
features to the Contacts feature.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/

0
the_nerd (6344)
7/1/2003 8:28:20 AM
By unruly, I just meant things happened with it that I didn't understand. I
only installed the Beta 2 versions of Publisher and Outlook/Business Contact
Manager when I received the Beta 2 Kit. Do I now have to install ALL of
Office 11 to get ANY of the programs to work?
> Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a
> message from Toni L. <tonil@sysmet.net>
> > Beta 2 was just "unruly".
> How?
>
> > Now
> > that he refresh is available I want to start all over with it. Should
> > I first reinstall all the programs I had installed when I got the
> > Beta 2 Kit and then download the refresh?
> Yes.  The Beta 2 Products need to be installed in order to install the
> downloadable refresh - it is just an updae, like Office XP SP1
>
> > Also, it looks to me as if
> > Business Contact Manager, the add on to Outlook 2003 is a new
> > version. How would you recommend I handle that? Thanks again for
> > answering!
> Outlook with BCM is classed as a different product to Outlook - it comes
on
> a different CD.  However, Outlook is the same, the BCM just adds new extra
> features to the Contacts feature.
>
> --
> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
> http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
> Before reading this message, view the disclaimer:
> http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
tonil (4)
7/1/2003 12:53:12 PM
Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a
message from Toni L. <tonil@sysmet.net>
> By unruly, I just meant things happened with it that I didn't
> understand. I only installed the Beta 2 versions of Publisher and
> Outlook/Business Contact Manager when I received the Beta 2 Kit. Do I
> now have to install ALL of Office 11 to get ANY of the programs to
> work?

What sort of things happened that you didn't understand?
You do not need the entire suite installed to refresh, or to get any
programs to work.  Where did you get that idea?  (I'm not trying to insult
you, but if you can get that idea from the Microsoft site, Microsoft needs
to know so they could change their wording.)

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)
7/1/2003 9:23:26 PM
Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a
message from Janie Sawyer <j.sawyer@nhmcc.org>
> Right now, I have Office 2000 with all updates Outlook 2003 (to
> install I had to accept the uninstall of Outlook 2000) and BCM
> installed on my machine. However, BCM is not yet integrated with
> Outlook 2003. Please tell me what to do.

I would suggest an Outlook newsgroup for this, as I very rarely use Outlook
myself.

--
Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/
http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm

0
the_nerd (6344)

repost; Automatically updating formulae in multiple sheets
I list sales of 20+ products each week for the year A2-A23 are the products and B-BA are the colums for each week I have multiple sheets that have the same sales results in the same format foreach previous year 2004;2003;2002;2001;2000 Each week I want to compare total sales in the year to date i.e weeks 1-20 with weeks 1-20 in each previous year. so next week it will be 1-21. I have on each sheet a cumulative total for each of the 20 products in the year to date i.e Cell A25=SUMB2:BA2 and Cell A26=SUMB3:BA3 and so on for each product. This means each week I have to alter the formula in C...

Repost
I sent his message earlier but have not been able to view it from here so I apologize if it has already been answered. I had heard that the refresh was released sometime last week but have received no notification from MS about it. When will I know? Will MS send an email to everyone that purchased the Beta 2 Kit? I have clicked "Check for Updates" but there is no information there. All I get is "All your office products are up to date". Thanks for reading. Hi Robin, I have the following URL to view, nothing more. http://officebeta.microsoft.com/home/default.aspx I rea...

Had to repost it!!!
Query: Say i have multiple sheets dated 04/01/10 to 04/30/10, each contain names, say A, B, C, D, etc... but these name does not appear in the same order in each sheet. Now data is in time format in front of A, B, C, D, etc. Eg. in sheet 04/01/10 A1 B1 A 1:00:00 D 1:53:00 C 2:45:00 like this data in other sheet till 04/30/10. Now in a new sheet i want this data to be collated in time format in front of the individual sorted in Alphabetical order. Also it should give me the Sum of the data. Is it possible and how? Thanks in advance for the help!...

Repost
My question may have something to do with this. I have 6 email accounts set up in Outlook 2003 (as I did in Outlook 2002). Only one (pop) is set to automatically send and receive, but Hotmail (only one http) sends and receives ANYWAY, even though in mail settings, there is a clear "red X" on Hotmail. I guess the beauty of 2003 is that the ongoing problem I had with 2003 on two computers with mulitple Outlooks running seems to be gone. ...

REPOST:
I am able to post to newsgroups, but when I tried to Reply Group to a message I posted (replying to myself) I got a dialog box with three buttons, a check box, and an "I" icon. There is, however, no text in the dialog box, on the checkbox or on the buttons! Clicking any (or all) of the buttons has no apparent affect. The dialog only goes away if I click the "X" in the corner and it never sends my reply. I am using the newsreader built in to Outlook. -Will T You're using Outlook Express, accessed from Outlook. I think it's the initial warning that what you ar...

repost: signature appears above stationery
No reply after three days so I'll try again. I have both a default signature and a default stationery with a graphic header. The signature on a new email appears above the graphic. I want it below it. How can I accomplish this in Outlook 2002? -- Chuck The only way I know is to incorporate the text of the signature into the stationery file. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Chuck" <skilover_nospam@softhome.net> wrote...

Repost
Please help. In an Access 2003 Asset database (based on Microsoft’s template) I have the following tables - tblAssets, tblAssetDescription, tblDepartments, tblEmployees, and tblAssetAssignment that contains the fields AssetAssignmentID (autonum,pk), AssetID (num,fk), DepartmentID (num,fk), EmployeeID (num,fk), AssignmentDate (date/time) and AssignmentDescription (txt). My forms are - frmAssetAssignment is a subform of frmAssets and records the history of the assignment of each asset by date, department and employee. These forms are working well. My problem is that I am having diffi...

repost from general
I have a user that has managed to hide the "Worksheet menu bar" in Excel 97. Alt T does not bring up the tools menu. How do I restore the menus? I have been unable to reproduce how this was done. Thanks Mike Mike, Go into the VB IDE, and in the Immediate window, type application.CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Enabled = true and then Enter. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mike" <Mike@nospam.com> wrote in message news:O$$0uOnZDHA.3248@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have a user that has managed to hide the "Worksheet menu bar" in Excel 97. > Alt...

Repost:
Hi I am reposting this question, So please do help. I need to access the details of a subject using the subject.retrieve Sdk method. I am able to retrieve all the details except the title column. I would appreciate if somebody could help me with the same. Regards tina .. ...

Restoring Public Folders (Repost)
Dear Mark (Arnold) Could I please take this opportunity to thank you for your contributions to the newgroups. I find your name on many postings, finding the content insightful and helpful indeed. Thank you very much. I would appreciate your further comments on this subject. I have a number of client customers running a mixture of Exchange Server 2003 Std and Small Business Server 2003 Std, each of which require security copies of their data for recovery purposes. This recovery might include disaster recovery (full instance database backup using NTBackup) or mailbox/public folder backup (bri...

MCAS repost
No response received on the following. Any comments welcome: I'm a long time Excel user who needs to add Excel certification to his CV. How would I set about obtaining MCAS Excel? Do I need to sit through somebody's course or can I just site an exam direct? What level does it test (say on a scale, newbie, basic, experienced, advanced, expert, master)? What is a pass? My main concern at present is no experience XL2007. Is there an EL2003 MCAS or do I need to obtain and become familiar with the 2007 interface?? -- � Steve =?Utf-8?B?U2hhbmUgRGV2ZW5zaGlyZQ==?= <ShaneDeve...

Combinations Repost
Rather than reinvent the wheel, can anyone suggest code to create combinations and permutations based on the number of elements that need to be combined? Example CombIn (1DArray, 2) would output 12 13 21 23 31 32 -- Stevie "Build a man a fire and he will be warm for one night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life." ~ Sun-Tzu on Fire Not too sure I understand the question. Do you want all combinations of 2-digit integers? Then count from 0 to 99 and format as 00. Do you want all combinations of the numbers from 1 to 3? Then enter 1,2,3 in ...

Repost: Loop through files
I posted this earlier, but it never made it to the screen so I'm reposting - hope it doesn't duplicate the earlier one. I need to loop through all currently open workbooks and display a message box that tells me the file name and whether or not the workbook is visible. Your example code is what I need. Thanks in advance for your assistance. Hi, Sub ShowThem() Dim oBook As Workbook For Each oBook In Workbooks MsgBox "Book " & vbNewLine & oBook.FullName _ & vbNewLine & "is " & _ IIf(oBook.Windows(1).Visible...

Reposted visio add-ins
Reposted visio add-ins Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Pro SCOM & SCCM Add-In's http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=521b3884-1eda-4b9d-8ad7-67d00fe9ce8a&displayLang=en Microsoft Office Visio 2007 Professional Add-In for Rack Server Virtualization http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/thankyou.aspx?familyId=3250331a-0116-4064-92d1-50b9b0727b75&displayLang=en ...

customization (repost)
Hi, I'm new to MS-CRM and tried to implement the example of creating a business unit but am not able to get it to work. Can someone help me out in this?Is there any particular way to execute this program?I'm creating a new ASP.Net application and writing this code and executing it.Is this right way of customizing or is there something else I should be doing. Regards, joan Hi Joan: Are you getting any errors back? Have you got Dev Errors turned on? If not, open up the web.config file in "C:\inetpub|crm (or wherever you installed the crm web site) and make sure you have t...

Repost: Exporting contacts
i know that i can export an personnal contacts from Outlook2003, but how can i do it from Exchange Server 2003? Thanks! Are you talking about exporting the contacts from the Contacts folder in someone's mailbox? You can use the ExMerge tool to do that. You can find it with the Exchange 2003 tools at http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/downloads/2003/default.mspx. -- Jim McBee Web: http://www.somorita.com Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Stuff: http://geekbargains.blogspot.com "Durby Groy" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:%23S9MCTeUFHA.35...

Startup problem repost
WindowsXP Pro Sp3 IE8 Posted earlier but did not show as sent. How do I bypass user name and password at startup? -- Ray _________________________________________________ "Ray" <rbarone@.nwi.net> wrote in message news:9Gttn.190907$Jq1.74309@en-nntp-05.dc1.easynews.com... > WindowsXP Pro Sp3 IE8 > > Posted earlier but did not show as sent. > > How do I bypass user name and password at startup? > > -- > Ray > _________________________________________________ > Does this repost mean you can't actually get into...

repost missing post?
Today I responded to four people who had answered my question about desktop.ini files. Three of my responses made it to the newsgroup. One (the first one, sent an hour ago) didn't. I don't see it in OE or at the Microsoft newsgroup website. At what point should one repost a missing post? Thank you! Jo-Anne On 3/9/2010 1:10 PM, Jo-Anne wrote: > Today I responded to four people who had answered my question about > desktop.ini files. Three of my responses made it to the newsgroup. One (the > first one, sent an hour ago) didn't. I don't see it in O...

Error bars-repost
Reposting since I wasn't subscribed the first time.... Microsoft Excel 2002 SP3. I have data that looks like this: Median Min Max Na 0.032617 0.000106 0.387142 Cl 0.0265 0.000017 0.282087 Ca 0.000524 0.0000047 0.0059883 K 0.005523 0.000007 0.038365 Mg 0.0000823 0.0000001 0.0018515 PO4 0.00031 0.00002 0.00105 HCO3 0.001655 0.000262 0.003048 I'm doing a line plot with the first column as the categorical x axis, and the second column, median, on the y-axis, which is logarithmic. I then set up error bars using the values in the min and max column (columns 3 and 4 above) as custom values...

Money 2004 Quotes reposting.
Hi. I posted this last week and got no response. Using Money 2004 Deluxe, quotes are not updating after clicking on "Update Quotes". I downloaded the trial of this software and then bought it on line from MSFT. Any ideas? Thanks, Hank Well, if you really want help it would be very useful if you would provide lots more data. What's happening instead of what you were expecting? (Error messages, etc.) What have you tried to do to fix it? What happened then? What is your network topology? "Pee2" <hank@hankmack.com> wrote in message news:jSM9b.3136$aW5.2017@new...

Unable to update
Outlook 2002 / XP I know this appears to be a sproadic problem for many but I can't find the solution. Error message - 'Unable to update public free/busy data.' Trying not to gum up this ng, I have searched MS KB, web sites, and this ng history but the solutions I have found do not help. These include using the clear(?) switch when opening Outlook Checking the Calendar Options|Free/Busy options (no check marks) I found one reference to registry changes but no guidance This problem did not occur until I switched the Default pst (I use 2) used when opening Outlook....

Repost
Is there a program available for Mac that can read "microsoft office document imaging" documents? I have a number of email attachements sent to me with "filename.mdi" that I need to open. I understand this is a new thing developd by microsoft to compete with adobe's acrobat .pdf files. Can they be opened on a Mac running OS X? I have tried every program in my arsenal - acrobat, photoshop, illustrator, all MS office programs, preview Nothing works so far, does microsoft make a mdi reader program, similar to acrobat reader? I cant find any info on this on the mic...

repost: any comments would be appreciated
I have my default sending message limit (in Global Settings/Message Delivery/Defaults) set to 10MB. A user tried to send a 1GB+ message, and was prevented from doing so. My issue is: The 1GB message that the user sent, although it was rejected, was processed through the local queues and returned to the users mailbox in the form of an NDR (And thus inserted into the database). The server's delivery performance was degraded during this endeavor... :-) Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Are there any other limits to be set? Is there a way to limit the size of the message...

Tasks
"am surprised that no one has had this issue before". I've done a search, but not found anything suitable... On Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2003, if I receive a task, and then immediately assign it to someone else (I don't accept it or decline) should it not then show the person I assigned it to as the owner? At present it still shows me as the owner, why? Once it's complete by the person I assigned it too, it then changes and shows then as the owner... Thanks in advance As you don't own it, your edits don't take effect. Do it the way it works - Accept it and...