Reading Publisher file after burning to CD

After a Publisher file is burned to a CD, error message says Publisher
cannot find that file.

0
bottavi (3)

Autocad to Publisher to Distiller to Printer, drawing becomes faint
I am having a problem printing autocad drawings through with publisher through distiller and to the printer. The lines on the drawing look faint and they should be as black as the lines at the bottom of the page, which were added using the drawing toolbar in publisher. When I print directly from publisher it comes out well. I cannot figure out if the problem is coming from the publisher to pdf or from the pdf to the printer. I hightened the contrast on the drawing in publisher and that had no effect on final print out. What file format are you exporting from AutoCAD? -- JoAnn Paules MVP ...

Need help for creating Help File in Excel
Hi, I have developed a small program in Excel. I want to creat full-fledged help file for this program. Please help me to create th help file. Suni -- sunil3 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- sunil31's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1194 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27174 Hi one way: - get the HTML Help Workshop program from Microsoft (free available at Microsoft's site) - create your individual help topics as HTML pages But if this is only a small program mayb...

Publisher problem after OS resinstall
I recently had to reinstall Windows 98 as a last resort to get the computer running. I'm running a Pentium III at 550Mhz with 128MB Ram and 20 Gigabytes hard drive. The version of '98 reloaded is 4.10.2222A. When I tried to re-load MS Publisher 2002 I get a window saying c:\windows\system\ASYCFILT.DLL is version 2.40.42275.1 when we require v. 2.40.4277.1. Can anyone tell me how I can get and install this latest version of the dll file? In general, what do I have to do to get my computer back to its previous stage? Are there upgrades to '98 and how do i obtain them? ...

Reading .wks file

Inserting text from a .txt file
I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. Anyway, here is my question: How do I insert the text from a text file into my e-mail document. I am using the rtf editor. thank you, ~alan copy/paste? "~~Alan~~" <alan.shepro_NOSPAM@verizon.net> wrote in message news:%23%23AwZrIKEHA.1264@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I'm trying really hard to jump on the bandwagon and migrate from Outlook > Express to Outlook, but the more I try, the more frustrated I get. > > Anywa...

Publisher 2007 #34
How can you recover a damaged publisher file? What is happening that leads you to believe the file is damaged? How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;198256 -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "silvirdragon" <silvirdragon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1DA6165-25B1-4B92-99B1-E9A0AC2B1B3C@microsoft.com... > How can you recover a damaged publisher file? ...

path of .pst file
Hello everyone, I want to develop a stand alone application to send and recieve mails through MS Outlook.how can i retrieve the path of .pst file from .net application. actually i am thinking of reading the pst file of MS Outlook. is it possible? Thanks in Advance jyoti The pst file is stored in the profile path of the MSOUTLOK Since the path of the pst can be varied by the user, as can its name, ie it neednt be in the install default path, your app would first have to search for the pst, then you would have to figure out if it/which was the current pst. There are alleged to be third ...

Weird files
Just noticed I've got a ton of weird files with names like 2BE48300. The normal files seem to be ok. Any idea what might be producing all these extra files? -- For a list of all the ways technology has failed to improve the quality of life, please press three. ....Alice Kahn Not sure. Perhaps cleaning up your hard drive will help. http://www.officearticles.com/misc/how_to_clean_up_your_hard_drive.htm Are they Excel files? **************************** Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com **************************** "Steve" <teu@qprc.inv> wrote in message...

"File access denied" to PST file
I have gone from Windows 2000 running Outlook 2000 to Windows XP Pro running Outlook 2003. When I try opening my saved .pst file in the new Outlook I get a message saying "File access denied. You do not have permission required to access to file mailbox.pst" I am logged on as Administrator, as I was on the old install. How do I open my saved mailbox.pst or archive.pst? TIA How did you try opening it? is this a local .pst file? If it is not on your C: drive, is it marked Read-Only? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion int...

File won't open as read only

scrambled excel file
Hi AGAIN. I'm trying to open a file that was deleted and later retrieved through GetData Back. It has an .xls extension, but when I try to open it, it's just symbols. Is there some way I can retrieve the proper info. from that file? Do I have to save it as something else? I really need this file back - l mean life & death!! I will attach the file to see if someone can figure this out for me. Thanks again for your help. Your advice last time was great. Sandy Attachment filename: wolf_info liz.xls Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.ph...

Make excel 2003 default to open files
I have Excel 2003 running alongside 2007. Double clicking an excel file causes it to open in 2007; how do I force 2003 to open the files instead? Sandy You most likely have to reset your file association from 2007 to 2003. Close Excel first and On the Windows Taskbar 1) Start>Run "excel.exe /unregserver"(no quotes)>OK. 2) Start>Run "excel.exe /regserver"(no quotes)>OK. See the space between exe and /regserver You might have to designate a full path to excel.exe for Office 2003 In that case Start>Run "C:\your path to\office11\excel.exe" ...

Read mail arn't marked as read anymore

MS Publisher #6
How do I add more pages to booklet after it's already been completed. Thank you. Insert / Page Ctrl / Shift / N -- John Inzer "Greeneyes" <Greeneyes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD762A79-56A7-403D-9EDA-C0C75555194F@microsoft.com... > How do I add more pages to booklet after it's already been completed. > > Thank you. ...

Can't Convert Access 97 MDE File
I have an application that we have been unable to get to work on Access 2000. I have created an MDE file and used office developer tools to create a run time file for a machine with Access 2000 on it. I get the "You can't convert or enable an MDE file" when I go to run it. I know there is something you can change in the Office Developers Setup Wizard to get this to work, but I forgot what it was. Does anyone know. Thank You in Advance Tony No, you can't convert an MDE. You have to use Access 97 with the 97 MDE, and A2K MDE with Access 2000. (david) "Ton...

Delete oldest file first
All, I am looking for some code that deletes the oldest files first in a directory. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. "karibbean" <sharp_mind@REMOVE.this.email.msn.dotcom> wrote in message news:uJZArpxvFHA.2132@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > I am looking for some code that deletes the oldest files first in a > directory. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance. See FindFirstFile, FindNextFile, FindClose, DeleteFile -- With best wishes, Igor Tandetnik With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. However, this is not necessarily a good idea. It is ...

reading confirmation

Previously used file option GONE? help please
Win98SE 'Office XP Pro' In Excel I am unable to find how to enable "open previosly used files" or words to that effect. I have checked in "options" but cannot see it there. When I used it previouly I was able to select the number of files last used, which would be available for me to select when starting EXCEL. TIA Hi do you mean the option in the 'File' menu (at the bottom)? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Terry wrote: > Win98SE > 'Office XP Pro' > > In Excel I am unable to find how to enable "open previosly used...

The memory could not be "read".

how can i copy a document to a CD without making it read only?
HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? You can't. It is not the file, but the media, that is read only. Even CD-RW media does not allow editing a file on the CD. Copy te file from CD to HD, mak edits and if a CD-RW you should be able to burn the edited file back to the CD. hth "DON" wrote: > HOW CAN I COPY A DOCUMENT TO A CD WITHOUT MAKING IN READ ONLY? ...

Unable to Read Japanese Email
I correspond with several Japanese users and can read emails from some of them without a problem, but emails from others are nothing but a series of ?????. In one case, I can read one email but not another from the same sender. Changing the Encoding doesn't help. Sending emails in Japanese to them without a problem...they can read it fine. Would appreciate any suggestions/solutions as I'm stumped. I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP Home operating system. Japanese language support is installed. ...

Publisher 2003 #40
Newly loaded Publisher 2003 will not open my *.jpeg/*.jpg files. Previously loaded on my laptop, Pub. 2003 worked fine opening these files. My laptop crashed and after recovering the HDD and then reloading Publisher it now will not open these files that I previously had no trouble working with. Where am I going wrong? Help please! Publisher doesn't open .jpg files. You can insert them but to view them, use a graphics program. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Sallyd2d" <Sallyd2d@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5B503E51-F804-4F3E-B740-...

Transferring read e-mail to another folder
Hello I was wondering whether there was a way in which I could automatically transfer my e-mail that has been read into another folder, such as "Old e-mail" or something like that? Thanks ...