Re: Writing a resume I'm not sure what I write in objectives #3

"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:...

> "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:...
>>
>> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>>
>>> So you're complaining about the lack of acute accents when people
>>> refer to a r�sum� as a resume? Why not correct to the intended word
>>> rather than a different one - particularly since curriculum vitae
>>> has a slightly different contextual meaning in locations in which
>>> both are used... (As I understand it, in the States a Curriculum
>>> Vitae specifically refers to an academic CV as used when applying
>>> for a research position; a r�sum� is the more general form used for
>>> most job applications.)

>>> I've never heard of Funk and Wagnall, and don't own a Webster's. Why
>>> would I; I'm British - OED all the way!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>>> http://ed.mvps.org
>>
>> Rule Britannia!

1st 4 lines of para2 deleted

--
Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could
remember the darn question

-1

Changing a file name #3
Say I want to change the name of a certain file at run-time, how do I do this (and delete the original file)? Can I do this using MFC? Try CFile::Rename, http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/0y89a13f(vs.80).aspx -- =================================================== If the message was helpful to you, click Yes next to Was this post helpful to you? Regards, Goldbach "hamishd" wrote: > Say I want to change the name of a certain file at run-time, how do I > do this (and delete the original file)? > > Can I do this using MFC? > > ...

vlookup 3 sheets
Hi, I have 3 worksheets and want to combine a vlookup to find the sum of the unique criteria. I can get it to work with 2 spreadsheets but not 3. The formula i am using is: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP($A99,'sheet1 v4'!$A$3:$AR$103,COLUMN(AR99),FALSE)),VLOOKUP($A99,'Sheet2 v4'!$A$3:$AR$98,COLUMN(AR99),FALSE),VLOOKUP($A99,'Sheet1 v4'!$A$3:$AR$103,COLUMN(AR99),FALSE)) Example: Sheet 1 Apple 2 Banana 5 Orange 11 Sheet 2 Mango 4 Banana 5 Pear 7 Sheet 3 Apple 2 Grape 1 Summary Sheet Apple 4 Banana 10 Orange 11 Pear 7 Grape...

Chart Legend #3
I have Line charts on various sheets. The charts are identical in size. There are 12 items graphed on each chart. However, the legend on each of the charts seems to be displaying different numbers of charted items. I'm not sure how to explain this clearly. On one chart's legend, it might show 12 items (three columns with four items each), which is correct. Another chart's legend may only show 2 columns totally only eight items (it should be 12). I even have one chart's legend showing only 4 items (as if it is only one column displaying). I can't figure out what...

crmaddin not selectable as com object in TS Outlook
I installed CRM oulook client on local admin on the TS and tested it ok. Afterwards I did a terminstall from script for a TS client, but afterwards the addin (toolbar) is not visible. The addin can not be selected as a COM object and not added from dll file. TS is a W2003 R2 Any suggestions? ...

CRM 3.0 on SBS 2k3 Queue Setup
I have read the threads and still cannot create a Queue to receive incoming (external) e-mail. Can someone give me all the correct steps to make this work? STEPS TO CREATE QUEUE USER IN MSCRM V3 ------------------------------------------------------ 1. Create a "support" user in AD with Exchange emailing capability. 2. Create the "support" Queue in MSCRM >> Settings >> Business Unit >> Queue. 3. Match the Queue's email value to the "support" user's email in 1. above. 4. Run the Forwarding Rule Wizard on the Queue (it will show up just...

Office 2008 for Mac #3
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, I have just bought a German version of Microsoft Office 2008 in Berlin. The problem is -- I do not speak German. How do I switch to English version? Thanks! On 10/1/09 2:26 PM, in article 59b7db59.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "Rayman@officeformac.com" <Rayman@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) > Processor: Intel > > Hello, I have just bought a German version of Microsoft Office 2008 in Berlin. > The problem is -- I do not speak G...

* RE: * Internet Mail Connection (SMTP) Setup
Chad Thanks! but is there nothing we can do to reject e- mails from unknown internal e-mail addresses and prevent someone to use the SMTP server to send e-mail internally? Also, anti spam solution will only filters e-mails but still delivers them (unless if we set it up to reject them, but then there is a possibility of legitimate e- mails). Again anti spam solution is not something we are looking for at this point. Any other ideas? anyone? Thanks. Paul >-----Original Message----- >Get a third party spam filter > >http://www.mailfrontier.com is a good one > >Thanks, ...

Fwd: Re: MS Money
Apologize if this is double posted... I sent this message yesterday and it still has not shown up on my news server today, so I'm sending again. bj -------- Original Message -------- Dick Watson wrote: > The OEM Works product may differ from the retail one and the OEMs may be > "free to install it their way". > That's what I guessed after reading that last response quoting MS about the "Works Suite". > At any rate, Money Standard pretty much stopped existing somewhere along the > way and was replaced with the incredibly...

Re: New to Access
Correction >asked you'd rather join line you can also pull a couple of fields from either table into the query builder grid. when you run this query you'll get matches between both tables. My spell checker munched the above again it should read : after you draw the join line, you can also pull a couple of fields from either table into the query builder grid. when you run this query you'll get matches between both tables. ...

How to count same numbers in a coluum #3
Thanks Dave for the PivotTable links. Fran -- FPA186 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- FPA1869's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1470 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26336 ...

Publisher WordArt Objects
Hi There. I'm Exp. the following problem in Publisher, when trying to open wordart: "Publisher cannot start or communicate with the OLE server program needed to complete this task. There may not be enough disk space, or there may be a problem with the server program. To make more disk space available, delete some unneeded files on your hard disk. If you suspect a problem with the server program, try reinstalling it. Then try this task again." Tried the MS826358 Are you using Publisher 2000? Are you using Norton? How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office...

Application Hang #3
I am running Office 2002 and Outlook hangs very often when I go back and forth among calender, inbox and contacts. Under the Event log, I found the following entries: "Event ID 1001, Category: None, Source: Application Hang, fault bucket 70825031", "Event ID: 1002, Category: (101), Source: Application Hang, Hanging application WINWORD.EXE, version 10.0.5815.0, hang module hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000. " and then 2 more 1001 error with fault bucket 83042077 and 24097052 respectively. How should I tackle this problem? Thanks in advance! ...

Reading / Writing XML To / From object model (without XMLDocument?
Hello, My program is being sent a large XML file, anywhere between 500k - 1MB. Of the entire file, I need to allow a user to view/edit approximately 5% of it. To make matters a bit more complicated, there are occasions where the program needs to load up around 5 instances of these documents. I'm trying to find the most efficient and non-complicated way to do this. My initial idea was to load the XML file into a DOM and get/set the element values via a dom. This is trivial to do, however the problem with this is each 500k instance of this document consumes ~3MB of memory. I s...

Vlookup Formula #3
Hi, column J has dates (days of each month). Column K has numbers. the whole rang is J7:K38. E12 has a date and F12 has a number. In cell G12, I need to: =F12*K? (that has the corresponding date as in cell E12) ie. if E12 has date 14/10/07 then look for the same date in range J7:J39 and take the corresponding number in range K7:K39 and multiply it with the value in f12 and put the answer in cell G12. All in the same s Khalil] Hope to have an answer!! =VLOOKUP(E12,J7:K38,2,FALSE)*F12 if you indent to copy the formula down the column =VLOOKUP(E12,$E$7:$K$38,2,FALSE)*F12 best wishes -- Be...

outlook problems #3
I have a linksys router and when I VPN into my work LAN I can't access any aplications. Outlook is one of those applications. I there a port other than 25 that exchange and outlook need? Try enabling MTU at 1492 and disable "Block WAN request". -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "tim foster" <fost125@juno.com> wrote in message news:00cf01c3aba8$356f2e00$a301280a@phx.gbl... I have a linksys router and when I VPN into my work LAN I can't access any aplications. Outlook is one of those applications. I there a port other tha...

Outlook blocked access to the potentially unsafe objects: package
Hi, We get a warning prompt while sending a mail with another emails as attachments. It says "outlook found potentially unsafe objects" message. All the attachments in the email are MSG format files. I know the procedure to allow unsafe file attachments but the error message says "unsafe objects". How do I allow sending mails with unsafe objects?? -Chandu If you try to send the same message in Plain Text format, do you still get that error? If so, there is probably an object within your message that is triggering the error. Things like Stationery and Si...

Move CRM Application 3.0 to NEW Server
Folks: Here is our CRM Environment: SERVER1: CRM Application (CRM 3.0) and Reporting Services SERVER2: SQL Server 2005 We want to move ONLY CRM Application (CRM 3.0) and Reporting Services from SERVER1 to a NEW Server (CRM 3.0). My Questions: 1) Are there any written instructions on how do I move only the CRM Application and Reporting services 2) If for some reason the CRM move to new server fails, can I fail back to OLD server so that I don't mess anything? My boss is asking for a test of this in the test environment. Can I do the test with the same company name and with same do...

No Server object in System Manager
This is a wierd one. Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I installed this for a client several months ago although I am not responsible for the day to day administration. Everything has been running fine - and currently is running fine- Except that the Server object does not appear in the System Manager. The error is: There is no such object on the Server Facility: Win32 ID no: c0072030 Exchange System Manager The only documentation coming close to this message refers to the Global Catalog Server needing to be rebooted, however this is a 1 server domain and (as far as I know), this server...

RE: Install the correction update from the Microsoft
--cdfjsysqlcdpu Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="lgtoqnldawbpqmrot"; type="multipart/alternative" --lgtoqnldawbpqmrot Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="oiaosghhnqjyoimw" --oiaosghhnqjyoimw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilit...

Plain Text #3
Hi, I recently upgraded Outlook from 2000 to 2003. It now appears I have a problem with message formats in my INBOX. Messages that have been sent to me in Plain Text cannot be read, and for each message I have to manually change the format to HTML before text shows up. No problem with old messages that were sent in HTML or RTF. I don't understand this. Who can help ? tks Maarten ...

problem with Business Portal 3.0
Message error " Unable to validate company information in your backoffice data." help me ... please ...

Office web parts for SharePoint Services 3.0
I had created a dashboard showing some pivot tables and charts using Office web parts in SharePoint Services 2.0. Are these available for 3.0? Thanks, -Rick M. The office web components still work in SharePoint V3. Just use the same installer for the office 2003 web components. Andy "Rick M" wrote: > I had created a dashboard showing some pivot tables and charts using Office > web parts in SharePoint Services 2.0. Are these available for 3.0? > > Thanks, > -Rick M. ...

Write off small multicurrency balances
The sales write off screen only supports the functional currency, and won't find pennies left in a customer account in an originating currency when the functional balance is 0. Is there another way to only write off an originating currency tiny balance? Create a credit memo. However it sounds that you are not revaluing the customer account, hence the differences you are experiencing. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Rich" wrote: > The sales write off screen only supports the functi...

Attachment Size Limits #3
Is it possible to set attachment size limits globally in Exchange 5.5? I see size limit settings per user. However, I can't find a location to set the same size limit for everybody, as is possible for mailbox size limits. Thanks... On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 06:54:01 -0700, "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Is it possible to set attachment size limits globally in Exchange 5.5? I see >size limit settings per user. However, I can't find a location to set the >same size limit for everybody, as is possible for mailbox size limits. > >Tha...

Stacked chart #3
Hi, I have income distribution functions for different countries and I am trying to stack these curves. The data looks in this way: Country 1 Country 2 x y x y 5 0.2 7 0.1 8 0.4 9 0.3 10 0.3 12 0.5 15 0.1 20 0.1 Where x is the mean income and y is the % of the population. My problem plotting the curves is that different countries have different range of x values. And I want to keep them when I am stacking the curves. When I use stacked line chart excel considers the x values as categorical ...