Re: Writing a resume I'm not sure what I write in objectives #3

"GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:...

> "GbH" <Geoff_Hannington@IEE.ORGasm> wrote in message news:...
>>
>> "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>>
>>> So you're complaining about the lack of acute accents when people
>>> refer to a r�sum� as a resume? Why not correct to the intended word
>>> rather than a different one - particularly since curriculum vitae
>>> has a slightly different contextual meaning in locations in which
>>> both are used... (As I understand it, in the States a Curriculum
>>> Vitae specifically refers to an academic CV as used when applying
>>> for a research position; a r�sum� is the more general form used for
>>> most job applications.)

>>> I've never heard of Funk and Wagnall, and don't own a Webster's. Why
>>> would I; I'm British - OED all the way!
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher
>>> http://ed.mvps.org
>>
>> Rule Britannia!

1st 4 lines of para2 deleted

--
Wisdom and experience come with age, they say, but I wish I could
remember the darn question

-1

security system installer resume
looking to upgrade my resume style if anyone has samples it would be appreciated It is the content that counts, not the style. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "installer" <installer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD23475F-98C8-4F30-9CA7-92203254DA20@microsoft.com... > looking to upgrade my resume style if anyone has samples it would be > appreciated ...

Help with writing a macro to create a list
Hi! I've been trying to create a macro for a while but I'm not having much success. Hopefully you guys can help! I have a list of all the orders placed for our product on one tab called "Orders", with a customer number in column B. On a second tab "Clients", you'll be amazed to find out that I have a list of clients (customer number in column B also). I want to write a macro which will create a list containing information on which customers havent ordered anything yet. This list should be on a tab called "Order missing". Basically, I...

Problems backup Sharepoint Services 3.0 with DPM2010
Hello, I have a new install of a DPM2010 Beta (after a failed update from DPM2007) und try to backup my Sharepoint Services Server. Config of the Sharepoint machine is: Windows 2008 SP2 (german) Sharepoint Services 3.0 SP2 (german) I have installed the agent manually (uninstalled old agent before) on this machine and connect the agent to the new DPM server. Now the problem: If I run the "configuresharepoint.exe" command I get the error message: The specified account domain\account could not configured for SharePoint Protection. HRESULT = 0x800703e5 If I try...

date format in Excel #3
Hi All, What a wonderful mine of information this group is!!! Required daily reading to me. Thanks for the great contributions. Although I have managed to format a cell date (Excel in Office Pro 2000) with the "day" (e.g. "Friday" - as in dddd, dd mmm yyyy), I am stumped when it comes to putting a "th" or "nd" or "rd" (as in 1st/2nd/3rd etc...) Any ideas? TIA -- mac Take a look here: http://cpearson.com/excel/ordinal.htm In article <085A749B-889A-410F-B022-393684155179@microsoft.com>, "mac@bath" <barrydotjdotm...

How do I make excel hide columns when it says cannot move objects
I select columns and try to hide them. Excel says it cannot shift objects off the sheet. I try goto objects and it says there are no objects on the sheet. I cannot hide or resize the column widths of certain columns. I cannot figure out why I can't get it to work and hide or resize the columns. Does anyone have any idea how to fix the columns so I can hide/resize the columns? It only does it on some of the columns, not all of them. I can't find any objects to delete. ...

Re-arranging table using pivot-table?

Re-install Outlook 2002

runtime error 2465: application-defined or object-defined error
I'm trying to use a button on a main form to change the sort order of a sub- subform.When I execute the following, I get runtime error 2465: application- defined or object-defined error. opting to debug, I find the line with orderbyon highlighted. Anybody see what's wrong? Private sub timesort_click() Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy = "Forms![control]! [worklist]![approved]![time]" Forms![control]![worklist]![approved].Form.OrderBy0n = True End Sub -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/a...

Re-Enable CRM User

Pivot Table Calculated Item #3
I am querying an external database to retrun a pivot table, then i am adding a calculated field that calculates Regular hours * Bill rate. to come up with total revenue. When it runs, the calculated amounts are 2, 3, 4 times more that what it should be. any ideas how i can get this calculation to return the right amounts. thanks Jerry H5 erry Excel stores hours as fractions of a day, so multiply Hours * 24 * Bill Rate Regards Roger Govier jerry wrote: > I am querying an external database to retrun a pivot table, then i am adding > a calculated field that calculates Regular...

RE:Excel will not open from a web link

Query not found in Dataviewer Business Portal 3.0
I am new to BP...and working my way through it. I was in the INVENTORY section and was modifying the queries to show all rows and no "Pick a Task" section. When I clicked "apply" I was returned with "One or more errors have occurred....Can not change Web Part Title due to a save error on the foler. /DataViewer/Item List-Item List". NOW I cannot get ITEMS>view Inventory Information to work. Dataviewer shows a folder marked Item List-Item List/Item List but the whole thing doesn't appear to work. I need to help in fixing. Thank you Pam, Thanks ...

Vlookups to Excel Version 3 files.
I use a system that on a daily basis creates an Excel version 3 file containing cost centers and their budgets. When I do vlookups from other Excel 97 files to this file it takes a long time for the sheet to calculate. If I save the Excel V3 file as Excel 97 its OK, and if the Excel V3 file is open before the 97 file its OK. I don't want to have to constantly save the V3 file as 97 (I may not be around to do that always) Does anyone know how to resolve this. Thanks Naz ...

Re: exmerge error

Help Please #3
I've had Microsoft Money for years, well, starting from Money 98. My problem is that I had all my investments (no hard copy) in what must have been an updated version of Money 98 on a system that crashed. That's okay because I had a back up of my Money File. However, the only disk I can find for Money, is my original Money 98, but this must be an earlier version of the program than my last update, so it won't open it. Fine, I thought, I've downloaded the trial version of Money 2004, thinking I'll simply pay to go to an updated program. However, this won't recognise my...

Printing labels from excel #3
Can I print labels from excel? If I can is it possible to merge address I have on a word doc to excel? I have 16 pages of labels that I want to put into excel so that I can use the filter and send out to just a certain city and so on. I also want to have the addresses in excel so I can sort. Can anyone help me? They need to be in a specific layout. What is their layout now, Linda? See if this helps: http://www.gmayor.com/convert_labels_into_mail_merge.htm ************ Anne Troy VBA Project Manager www.OfficeArticles.com "Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Second Exchange Server #3
Hi, I installed a second exchange server (both areExchange 2003) in my organization, but some strange things happened after the installation. Before I installed the second exchange, I have some Block List Service set up in the Connection Filtering in Message Delivery Propertiies, and that seemed worked fine for my exchange server, but out of a sudden I start getting a lot of junk mails. Also, I specified in the Defaults in the Message Delivery Properties the size of Sending Message Size as 10m, but right now message get kicked by if it is over 5M. In conclusion, that message Deliver...

Ungrouping Excel Charts --> EMF/WMF. 2007 can't edit objects as 2003 (freeform big issue). Steve Rindsberg help!
Hi, A "Marimekko/Lasagne chart" is a valuable format that MS does not support. Although several excellent solutions have been developed (S Bullen, etc), they have their flaws. For 2003 I have some great code that disassembles a Stacked Column chart, scales the Category-axis and puts it back together again. This is done in PPT with VBA. There is actually an order for breaking up a chart that I have parsed (in object order: Points, Value axis,Category axis, Point Labels, Value Axis delimiters, Category names and finally the Legend (any comment to this?) 2007 creates problems! (...

how do I write a formula for?
I want to add e2 thru e7 and e10 thru e14 together into a separate cell and i just can't figure how to write the formula Terry Like this =SUM(E2:E7,E10:E14) -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BEAB3A99-51ED-4DB7-84B6-9F4C18824CF8@microsoft.com... >I want to add e2 thru e7 and e10 thru e14 together into a separate cell >and > i just can't figure how to write the formula Gosh Thaks Nick, I am no means a master and manage ...

re re re ????
nefertiti ??? ...

Missing Microsoft Word 10.0 Object Library
This happens when anyone opens my file created in Excel 2000 in Excel XP instead. The file creates a word doc from excel. How can I modify my code below to make it able to differentiate between Microsoft Word 9.0 Object Library and the 10.0 Object Library Dim wrd As Word.Application BTW, it also sets Dim wrd As Objec Set wrd = CreateObject("Word.Application" The problem is not having this Missing 10.0 error back in 9.0 when the file is open in Excel 2000 again ----- Li wrote: ---- This happens when anyone opens my file created in Excel 2000 in Excel XP i...

What is 3% of 1061?
How do I put this into a spread sheet? =1061*0.03 "Gene McK" wrote: > How do I put this into a spread sheet? or =3%*1061 -- David Biddulph "Nickbray" <Nickbray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:544BD20C-5501-4639-9A91-C824FC0868A7@microsoft.com... > =1061*0.03 > > "Gene McK" wrote: > >> How do I put this into a spread sheet? =1061*3% OR with 1061 in cellA1 =A1*3% -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Gene McK" wrote: > How do I put this into a spread sheet? On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 ...