Ran Design Checker now can't open document

Hello, I work for a county extension office in 4-H and produce a monthly
newsletter that is usually large size 4-5 M.  I run XP and I have at least
1032 RAM, more I think. While running the Design Check I kept getting a
Windows low memory warning.  (I didn't have anything else running).  So I
saved it and rebooted. Now I can't open it. The program starts, but I get a
box saying Publisher can't open.

My colleagues who have Publisher can not open it either when I email it to
them. What happened?
0
Michele (87)

How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/198256/en-us

What version Publisher?

You can send the file to me, maybe I can help
mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Michele" <Michele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I work for a county extension office in 4-H and produce a monthly
> newsletter that is usually large size 4-5 M.  I run XP and I have at least
> 1032 RAM, more I think. While running the Design Check I kept getting a
> Windows low memory warning.  (I didn't have anything else running).  So I
> saved it and rebooted. Now I can't open it. The program starts, but I get a
> box saying Publisher can't open.
>
> My colleagues who have Publisher can not open it either when I email it to
> them. What happened?

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/1/2007 6:48:49 PM
Sorry it took so long to report back.  That did not work.  Our IT person had
pulled the same instructions. By the way I operate Pub. 2003 and I have 2GB
of memory. I have had other performance issues with Pub lately - especially
in converting to pdf, I can't get the file size down. I have compressed
photo, ran audits on my pdf program to no avail. Running the design checker
was my next method to see if I had hidden formatting that was contributing to
the file size.  I can email the document and I presume I could upload it.
IT has ordered me the 2007 to see if that helps. Though I have heard my
colleagues with PUB 2003 it won't be compatable. Thanks.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> How to troubleshoot a damaged publication in Publisher
>
> What version Publisher?
>
> You can send the file to me, maybe I can help
> mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Michele" <Michele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello, I work for a county extension office in 4-H and produce a monthly
> > newsletter that is usually large size 4-5 M.  I run XP and I have at least
> > 1032 RAM, more I think. While running the Design Check I kept getting a
> > Windows low memory warning.  (I didn't have anything else running).  So I
> > saved it and rebooted. Now I can't open it. The program starts, but I get a
> > box saying Publisher can't open.
> >
> > My colleagues who have Publisher can not open it either when I email it to
> > them. What happened?

0
Michele (87)

HELP! Design Review & Risk Management topics (in ASP projects) required
Hi, I have to take 2 one hour sessions on the following topics: * Project Design Review * Project Risk Management Can you please recommend any topics/examples/case studies for the same? Any help will be much appreciated. On 9/6/2010 8:12 AM, gangestech wrote: > Hi, > > I have to take 2 one hour sessions on the following topics: > > * Project Design Review > * Project Risk Management > > Can you please recommend any topics/examples/case studies for the same? > > Any help will be much appreciated. > <http://www.dofactory.com/Fra...

SOP Document Lookup Error
Whenever we try using the document number lookup on the Sales Transaction Entry screen in GP8, we get the following message once we click the magnifying glass: Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of array 'Type Name' is out of range in script 'Document_Scroll SCROLL_FILL'. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_INDEX Does anyone have any ideas on how to clear this up? This pops up as soon as you click on the magnifying glass, then once you click ok, it pops up 2 more times. Do a query against table SOP10100 and look for any values in the SOP...

Exchange 2003 installed SP2 now IMF is not working.
I had Exchange 2003 SP1 and installed the IMF. I heard that SP2 has the IMF bulit-in. During the SP2 install it said I had to uninstalled the old IMF, which I did. I then installed Exchange 2003 SP2, I see the tabs in the "System Manager", Global Settings, "Message Delivery" But no IMF portion under the SMTP. I tried to reinstalled the IMF but still it doesn't show up under the SMTP protocals. What am I doing wrong? Within system manager, go to protocols|smtp and select Properties, the Advanced button and then the edit button. Then select the checkbox for en...

Money 2006 won't open
Recently had problems with the IE8 upgrade. It screwed up everything so much that I'm back with IE6, which seems to be working OK. But now MS-Money won't open. The msmoney.exe file is running because I can see it in Task Manager. Even when I end the process in Task Manager, the program still won't open on the desktop. Rebooting doesn't solve anything. Any ideas? Windows XP, SP3 Have you tried: 1) Opening the Money Sample data file? (This will isolate problems with your data file from problems with the application itself.) 2) Reinstalling Money? "snavegerg...

double opening files
When I try to open an Excel file, MS Excel seems to open the document twice, thereby creating an error the second time it opens and will only open a read-only document saying someone else has it open. Is this is BUG and is there a PATCH I can download? This is with MS Excel 97 on an NT platform thanks Elaine ;) I got a similar problem using Excel 97 on an Windows XP machine, which was soved by uninstalling then reinstaling Excel 97. hth AndyO "elaine" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0c01c3b03f$cdbd2860$a301280a@phx.gbl... > When I try ...

Media players opens and keeps trying to refresh about 5 times a mi
I have done numerous spyware chaecks all showing nothing detected I have eliminated any options in the media player that would have it trying to check for updates or web items. Completely at a loss and extremely unhappy the microsoft site does not have an answer. Acer Exyenza Laptop with Win XP , Office 07 and player 11 any help guys? in the time in took to type this meassage the player popped up three times Try disabling (unchecking) all active WMP plug-ins in WMP's Options. If you download and run Process Explorer - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb8...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

error opening ppt file
I have office 2007 installed but when i try to open a ppt file created by some one it says powerpoint can't read the outline . No text converter is installed for this file type. karan In article <a888f8cd-1391-4124-80c0- 631197290d7a@y28g2000prd.googlegroups.com>, Guddu wrote: > I have office 2007 installed but when i try to open a ppt file created > by some one it says powerpoint can't read the outline . No text > converter is installed for this file type. Have a look here: "PowerPoint can't open the type of file represented by [FILENAME]"...

deleted document
I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. Contact your IT staff and ask them to restore it from the last backup. But try to find out what share it was on (and folder and filename). It might mean a quicker response. dcalhoun wrote: > > I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document > deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. -- Dave Peterson Hope your network administrator does regular backups (like da...

In what order do installed AddIns open?
I had no joy with my other post 'Trying to read CustomDocumentProperties of an open 2007 AddIn Options ' so I'm trying another tack... To work around a problem I'm having, since upgrading a complex tool to Excel 2007, I need to ensure that my Version Checker AddIn always opens before my Engine AddIn. Is there any useable logic that dictates the order in which Excel opens its installed AddIns (e.g. alphabetical, order of installation, position in list) or is it one of those unknown internal processes that will forever remain a mystery? Br, Nick. First Com...

Page not found error when opening business portal
Hi We're trying to install Invoice Approvals and Accruals 8.0, sharepoint services sp2 and Business Portal 2.5 Feature Pack to work with Great Plains 8.0 We can install Sharepoint services and Invoice Approvals and Accruals ok and they work fine However, when we install Business Portal and browse to http://servername/sites/businessportal/ We receive a "page not found" error screen We've tried several things but nothing seems to work Sharepoint services is installed in server farm mode and has been configured correctly (as far as I can tell) Any help would be great...

IBF for Microsoft CRM now available
Great news to pass along. After a much longer wait than anyone imagined, our IBF solution for Microsoft CRM is now available. It took us a ton of work to get the performance and security of this solution right, but I think you'll find it's well worth the wait! The number of new scenarios enabled and the ability to access Microsoft CRM data from directly inside of your favorite Microsoft Office applications is really compelling. You can download the solution from: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=332BEFFB-4492-40D7-8CE0-995489909B6A&displaylang=en Join me...

vb script for opening notepad
Hi, I am a newbie to vb...Can somebodyprovide me a simple vb script for opening notepad in vista using windows shell Thanks VB baby "Melvin" <whereismelvin@gmail.com> wrote in message news:41a15213-b062-41f5-8525-7eb95c68864a@s22g2000prd.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I am a newbie to vb...Can somebodyprovide me a simple vb script for > opening notepad in vista using windows shell What version of VB are you planning to use? This group is for VB classic(VB6 or lower) which is very different from VB.Net(sometimes called VB 2005/2008). If this ...

Technical Documentation #2
All, We're getting ready to install Great Plains and I will like to better understand the backend(database) processing of Great plains. I would like to know what each table is and when is it used in the process. Is there any technical documentation that describe the tables and the process. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Jamal Hello Jamal, you may want to refer to the Software Development Kit. If you have access to customersource, you can get it from there. i'll try to look up some more for you. /timber\ On Nov 1, 10:17 pm, "Jamal" <j...@newsgrou...

Outlook help
Hello. After years of using Outlook on my Windows XP machine, now I get the following error: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Can anyone help? Where is the actual data kept? Can I retrieve it? Can you open Outlook in Safe Mode by using the /Safe switch? If you need help using Outlook command line switches, look here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;296192 -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook ...

Stop Buttons showing when opening up form
I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any Help.....Bob Private Sub ckbHelp_Click() If ckbHelp = True Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True End If If ckbHelp = False Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False End If End Sub Bob, In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No Regards/Jacob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote i...

Using Excel to design business forms
I have been using excel hit and miss to design business forms. I have been pretty successful but in many places I have found myself doing many inelegant things to get stuff to layout. Is there a good place to start looking to see how this is done properly, as I have seen many well done forms produced in excel. ...

Cash Drawer won't open on transaction
Our client just replaced a PC after a H/D failure and everything is back up and working other than the cash drawer. It's connected to a Star SP200 serial printer on COM1. The printer works fine. The printer and the drawer both test fine from the Star OPOS configuration utility. Also, both are visible and test fine from the device screen in Store Ops (Shift + Ctrl + F5). We've already removed and reinstalled the Star drivers and tried a couple different versions. So now what...? BMI, Did you install Star's Cash Drawer OPOS driver too? Look in the Star folder for the Cash ...

Problem opening up current Excel wksht to mail merge in Word
Hi, I have Microsoft 2007. I created a list in Excel with clients' name, address, city, state, zip. Then, in Word I go to Select Recipients, locate the Excel file and click open. Here's the problem: a Select Table box appears with Sheet1$, Sheet2$, and Sheet3$ as options. clicking on any of the three results in NOTHING. Nothing at all appears! I'm not sure what the problem might be. Thank you for the help! Rachelle ...

Requisition Management
I am suggesting that the Requisition Management documentation be more complete - specifically in the area of covering the migration from eReq to RM. I've seen pretty good examples of migration documentation and "What's New" information with Great Plains 8.0 and with Grant Management. I am suggesting that there be more consistency with this level of documentation across all modules and products. The Requisition Management documentation could especially use some improvements in this area. For example, please include answers to the following questions in the RM Doc: What...

Great Plains 8.0 Evaluation CD
I have downloaded the CD using my MSDN subscription to evaluavate the product. But I am not able to read any documentation (neither PDF nor .CHM) files. Its giving me errors. I tried using both Acrobat 6.0 and 5.0 . Acrobat says files may be corrupted and when I tried opening .CHM files its says cannot open the file mk:@MSITstore: <file path> Any idea ? Please advise. Sakeer ...

web server does not open
I published a website http://a542104.uscgaux.info using FP several months ago. Accessing this site for installing/maintenance requires a user ID and password. Recently when I tried to update (the website uses FP Extensions, which I had used before with no problem) the site I get an error message with several options, none of which apply. The ID and password are correct, since I can access the cpanel by using them. But now, when I try to upload new pages from my computer, the website doesn't recognize me at all and does not even ask for the ID and password. Any suggestions...

Compatibility Checker
When I save a Excel 2007 worksheet with settings for an Excel 2003 file, the compatibility checker comes up and says the following: "Some cells or styles in this worksheet contain formatting that is not supported by the selected file format. These formats will be converted to the closest format available." (not very helpful or informative) Ok, so now I know what the problem is, but just how do I find out which cells are the offending formats? The file has multiple tabs, but is generaly formatted with common fonts - nothing fancy. I have a few shaded cells, but ...

Can't open up Outlook messages
The Microsoft Outlook screen will appear. When I click on the messages they will not open up. I get a message that Outlook Not Responding. Not sure if a connection problem (Using Road Runner), a server problem or a computer problem. Any advice will be appreciated. I have Windows XP Home Edition installed. Thanks. ...

Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20
My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and share access to Word files. In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well. We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access it simultaneously). Ideally, we'd lik...