Question regarding printing of 4x6 buisness reply postcard I creat

This is to be a double postcard mailing so each 8.5 x 11 sheet will be folded
at perforation to create one mail piece.  To maintain the 4x6 formatting of 2
cards per sheet for the card stock it seems I have to keep the "Multiple
copies per sheet" setting otherwise the page is printed in the middle of the
sheet.  How can I print each page just once so that when looking at front and
back of sheet each of my 4 pages are reflected without duplication? Thanks in
advance for any help!
0
Footy (5)

Arrange, 1.25" margins all around, grid guide, 2 rows, .5 spacing.

Avery has a download that can help you layout pages with the Publisher Arrange
menu.
http://www.avery.com/us/Main?action=software.AverySoftwareDetail&catalogcode=WEB01&softwarecode=3200
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Footy" <Footy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is to be a double postcard mailing so each 8.5 x 11 sheet will be folded
> at perforation to create one mail piece.  To maintain the 4x6 formatting of 2
> cards per sheet for the card stock it seems I have to keep the "Multiple
> copies per sheet" setting otherwise the page is printed in the middle of the
> sheet.  How can I print each page just once so that when looking at front and
> back of sheet each of my 4 pages are reflected without duplication? Thanks in
> advance for any help!

0
mary-sauer (6480)
12/6/2007 6:27:15 PM
I already have all margins formatted correctly at 1.25".  I am not clear on
how this helps me stop Publisher from printing the same page more than once
per sheet? ....seems odd that I would need an Avery software download to
accomplish this.

"Footy" wrote:

> This is to be a double postcard mailing so each 8.5 x 11 sheet will be folded
> at perforation to create one mail piece.  To maintain the 4x6 formatting of 2
> cards per sheet for the card stock it seems I have to keep the "Multiple
> copies per sheet" setting otherwise the page is printed in the middle of the
> sheet.  How can I print each page just once so that when looking at front and
> back of sheet each of my 4 pages are reflected without duplication? Thanks in
> advance for any help!
0
Footy (5)
12/6/2007 6:46:08 PM
You want a 4x6 created from an 8�x11?
You want a 4x6 AFTER it is folded from an 8�x11?

I think you will need either 4x6 or 8x6 stock.

Why not use 8�x11 and create two 8�x5� cards and when folded become 4�x5�
mailings?

--
Don
Vancouver, USA

"Footy" <Footy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is to be a double postcard mailing so each 8.5 x 11 sheet will be
> folded
> at perforation to create one mail piece.  To maintain the 4x6 formatting
> of 2
> cards per sheet for the card stock it seems I have to keep the "Multiple
> copies per sheet" setting otherwise the page is printed in the middle of
> the
> sheet.  How can I print each page just once so that when looking at front
> and
> back of sheet each of my 4 pages are reflected without duplication? Thanks
> in
> advance for any help!

0
Engineer5094 (821)
12/6/2007 7:22:02 PM
I assumed you had perforated postcards and the measurements I gave you would
allow you to print each card differently and they would line up when you folded
the stock. I am not sure what you want.

I only mentioned the Avery download in passing. It is free and helpful... You
don't need it.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

>I already have all margins formatted correctly at 1.25".  I am not clear on
> how this helps me stop Publisher from printing the same page more than once
> per sheet? ....seems odd that I would need an Avery software download to
> accomplish this.
>
> "Footy" wrote:
>
>> This is to be a double postcard mailing so each 8.5 x 11 sheet will be folded
>> at perforation to create one mail piece.  To maintain the 4x6 formatting of 2
>> cards per sheet for the card stock it seems I have to keep the "Multiple
>> copies per sheet" setting otherwise the page is printed in the middle of the
>> sheet.  How can I print each page just once so that when looking at front and
>> back of sheet each of my 4 pages are reflected without duplication? Thanks in
>> advance for any help!

0
mary-sauer (6480)
12/6/2007 7:35:32 PM
Believe it or not, the US Postal Service won't accept 4.25 x 5.5 for their
automated machine mailings because the aspect ratio is just outside of
acceptable (Too close to square) and their preference was stated as 4 x 6
which is the only other readily available sheet size. (An 8.5x11 = two 4x6
cards with 1.25" margins all around and a .5" gap in the middle of sheet. If
I choose "One page per sheet" it prints it right in the middle. If I leave it
at "Print multiple copies per sheet" then it duplicates the same page on the
sheet which is what I'm trying to avoid.  I have 4 pages total and I want to
print 2 of them on 1 side of the sheet and 2 on the other so there is no
duplication when printed. Am I the only one? Thanks again for any replies and
help. :)

"Don Schmidt" wrote:

> You want a 4x6 created from an 8½x11?
> You want a 4x6 AFTER it is folded from an 8½x11?
>
> I think you will need either 4x6 or 8x6 stock.
>
> Why not use 8½x11 and create two 8½x5½ cards and when folded become 4¼x5½
> mailings?
>
> --
> Don
> Vancouver, USA
>

> "Footy" <Footy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > This is to be a double postcard mailing so each 8.5 x 11 sheet will be
> > folded
> > at perforation to create one mail piece.  To maintain the 4x6 formatting
> > of 2
> > cards per sheet for the card stock it seems I have to keep the "Multiple
> > copies per sheet" setting otherwise the page is printed in the middle of
> > the
> > sheet.  How can I print each page just once so that when looking at front
> > and
> > back of sheet each of my 4 pages are reflected without duplication? Thanks
> > in
> > advance for any help!

0
Footy (5)
12/6/2007 7:40:05 PM
Hi Mary,

Thanks again for your replies.  Your last message mentions the crux of what
I'm trying to do which is "print each card differently". So far, to maintain
the measurements needed for the 2 perforated 4x6 cards on an 8.5x11 sheet I
have to "print multiple copies per sheet" which will only produce duplicates
of the same page. (At this point I'm trying to determine whether I am just
missing some setting/option/parameter or if Publisher happens to be rigid in
this area where I'd be better served abandoning it for a different
application.  Your opinion on this is appreciated.  Thanks.

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> I assumed you had perforated postcards and the measurements I gave you would
> allow you to print each card differently and they would line up when you folded
> the stock. I am not sure what you want.
>
> I only mentioned the Avery download in passing. It is free and helpful... You
> don't need it.
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Footy" <Footy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I already have all margins formatted correctly at 1.25".  I am not clear on
> > how this helps me stop Publisher from printing the same page more than once
> > per sheet? ....seems odd that I would need an Avery software download to
> > accomplish this.
> >
> > "Footy" wrote:
> >
> >> This is to be a double postcard mailing so each 8.5 x 11 sheet will be folded
> >> at perforation to create one mail piece.  To maintain the 4x6 formatting of 2
> >> cards per sheet for the card stock it seems I have to keep the "Multiple
> >> copies per sheet" setting otherwise the page is printed in the middle of the
> >> sheet.  How can I print each page just once so that when looking at front and
> >> back of sheet each of my 4 pages are reflected without duplication? Thanks in
> >> advance for any help!

0
Footy (5)
12/7/2007 6:13:03 PM
Footy, If you manually setup your page the way suggested in the earlier post you
can create each card as an separate creation. If you want the cards to be
correct when folded, turn the top card 180 degrees. You will only have an half
inch for your fold. Hopefully your perforation is strong when you are printing
both sides

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Hi Mary,
>
> Thanks again for your replies.  Your last message mentions the crux of what
> I'm trying to do which is "print each card differently". So far, to maintain
> the measurements needed for the 2 perforated 4x6 cards on an 8.5x11 sheet I
> have to "print multiple copies per sheet" which will only produce duplicates
> of the same page. (At this point I'm trying to determine whether I am just
> missing some setting/option/parameter or if Publisher happens to be rigid in
> this area where I'd be better served abandoning it for a different
> application.  Your opinion on this is appreciated.  Thanks.
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> I assumed you had perforated postcards and the measurements I gave you would
>> allow you to print each card differently and they would line up when you
>> folded
>> the stock. I am not sure what you want.
>>
>> I only mentioned the Avery download in passing. It is free and helpful... You
>> don't need it.
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Footy" <Footy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I already have all margins formatted correctly at 1.25".  I am not clear on
>> > how this helps me stop Publisher from printing the same page more than once
>> > per sheet? ....seems odd that I would need an Avery software download to
>> > accomplish this.

0
mary-sauer (6480)
12/7/2007 10:32:27 PM
Mary, I've got it! I had to create a completely new blank publication and use
the 'Arrange>Layout Guidelines you suggested and actually put the two cards
on one Publisher page. (Up to this point I had been using the Postcard
Template with Custom size of 4"x6" which gives you only one 4x6 card per
Publisher page so I had 4 pages whereas now I only have two.  Changing the
Layout guideline was no help while the template was in use.  Thanks again for
all your help! :)

"Mary Sauer" wrote:

> Footy, If you manually setup your page the way suggested in the earlier post you
> can create each card as an separate creation. If you want the cards to be
> correct when folded, turn the top card 180 degrees. You will only have an half
> inch for your fold. Hopefully your perforation is strong when you are printing
> both sides
>
> --
> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> http://office.microsoft.com/
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Footy" <Footy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi Mary,
> >
> > Thanks again for your replies.  Your last message mentions the crux of what
> > I'm trying to do which is "print each card differently". So far, to maintain
> > the measurements needed for the 2 perforated 4x6 cards on an 8.5x11 sheet I
> > have to "print multiple copies per sheet" which will only produce duplicates
> > of the same page. (At this point I'm trying to determine whether I am just
> > missing some setting/option/parameter or if Publisher happens to be rigid in
> > this area where I'd be better served abandoning it for a different
> > application.  Your opinion on this is appreciated.  Thanks.
> >
> > "Mary Sauer" wrote:
> >
> >> I assumed you had perforated postcards and the measurements I gave you would
> >> allow you to print each card differently and they would line up when you
> >> folded
> >> the stock. I am not sure what you want.
> >>
> >> I only mentioned the Avery download in passing. It is free and helpful... You
> >> don't need it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/
> >> http://msauer.mvps.org/
> >>
> >> "Footy" <Footy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Footy (5)
12/10/2007 4:24:00 PM
Hey, you are welcome, glad it is working for your. Thanks for the update. It is
appreciated.

--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

> Mary, I've got it! I had to create a completely new blank publication and use
> the 'Arrange>Layout Guidelines you suggested and actually put the two cards
> on one Publisher page. (Up to this point I had been using the Postcard
> Template with Custom size of 4"x6" which gives you only one 4x6 card per
> Publisher page so I had 4 pages whereas now I only have two.  Changing the
> Layout guideline was no help while the template was in use.  Thanks again for
> all your help! :)
>
> "Mary Sauer" wrote:
>
>> Footy, If you manually setup your page the way suggested in the earlier post
>> you
>> can create each card as an separate creation. If you want the cards to be
>> correct when folded, turn the top card 180 degrees. You will only have an
>> half
>> inch for your fold. Hopefully your perforation is strong when you are
>> printing
>> both sides
>>
>> --
>> Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
>> http://office.microsoft.com/
>> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>>
>> "Footy" <Footy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi Mary,
>> >
>> > Thanks again for your replies.  Your last message mentions the crux of what
>> > I'm trying to do which is "print each card differently". So far, to
>> > maintain
>> > the measurements needed for the 2 perforated 4x6 cards on an 8.5x11 sheet I
>> > have to "print multiple copies per sheet" which will only produce
>> > duplicates
>> > of the same page. (At this point I'm trying to determine whether I am just
>> > missing some setting/option/parameter or if Publisher happens to be rigid
>> > in
>> > this area where I'd be better served abandoning it for a different
>> > application.  Your opinion on this is appreciated.  Thanks.

0
mary-sauer (6480)

Backup question

a question and a question

IE8 privacy question

IF AND question

Business Card Print Alignment
My business cards look aligned properly in print preview but when they print there is no margin at the top. I've set the multiple cards per page at .5 top and .75 sides, no vertical or horiz. gaps. This is driving me nuts, any advice on what I need to do would help my sanity, thanks. Check your printer's setup. Make sure you are telling it what stock you are using. that could make a difference. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "kocoboy" <kocoboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Question about Paste Special

Microsoft Query question

Question

OWA Question #16

401K questions

Printing Publisher documents
I'm trying to print using an Epson Photo R320. I can't get the pages to come out right. I've tried printing the entire Publisher document and I've tried printing (not as a separate book) two pages together. In either case, the page numbers on the back are different than what they should be. I've also tried using a new Ricoh GXl 3000, but the print quality of the photos is terrible. What is it you are printing? a single sheet, a flyer, banner, poster......etc is it double sided or special fold? does your printer print duplex? -- The Code Cage Team Regards, The Co...

VBA//Oracle Interfacing Question

Text Box Question

If / Then Question

ROWCOUNT question

Print employee record summary Inquiry report
How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? There's not a report you can print from the window. You can either do a screen shot of it or create a custom report. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Hazvi" wrote: > How do i print the employee record summary Inquiry report? ...

Exmerge Question #7

question about "delete"
I have a pointer: MyWindowClass *p = NULL; p = new MyClass(...); .... delete p; After delete p, does p equal NULL(it is in C++ standard?)? How to decide if p has been deleted? The reason I asked this question is that in my project, there are many code/files use the pointer which I need to determine is it is deleted? Can I use: if(p != NULL) delete p; I guess somewhere p has been deleted, but p still not NULL(possible?), the above code might cause problem. Hi Kathy, I typically just set p to NULL when I delete it: delete p; p = NULL; Then you can check it in other places and ...

More combining companies questions
We too have acquired another company and need to look at all of our options concerning what to do with email. We run Exchange 2003, they run Exchange 2000. What is the best way to combine the two so we can share GAL, free-busy info, etc.? No decisions have been made as far as what we are going to do with their AD. We could of course change their MX record to point to our server, update our RUS, etc., but what if we want to keep an Exchange server at their site? What has to be done to join their server to our Exchange org? If you want sync both GAL,pls check this http://www.microso...

switchboard question 12-26-07
Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard pages on the switchboard form? If you put one name on a switchboard page (in form design view), the same name appears on all the switchboard pages. I understand why this happens, but what if I want the user to be able to know which switchboard s/he is on? Thanks. PS the same thing happens if I go into form design view and put in control tip text. It puts the same text for the same-numbered menu item on two different switchboard pages. "Debbie S." wrote: > Is there a way to put the names of different switchboard ...

Printing out mailbox limits
How can I get a printout of all my Exchange 5.5 users with their ISSUE WARNING, PROHIBIT SEND, and PROHIBIT SEND & RECEIVE limits? I have an NT environment, not active directory. Thanks. download eval version of a reporting tool and use it to generate the report or export. http://wm.quest.com/products/MessageStats/ has a fully functional 30 day agentless installation that should do the trick for you -- David Sengupta M.T.S., B.Sc., MCSE, Exchange MVP, CCA Ottawa, Canada My E-mail Policy BLOG: http://p0stmaster.blogspot.com "Saucer Man" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

cannot create file: order.xls
cannot create file: xls right click the folder you want to creat the file in, and the click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permission for the folder Do you have permission to save to that folder? Can you save to another folder? This would be a Windows permissions issue and has nought to do with Excel. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 09:50:01 -0800, shelby <shelby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >cannot create file: xls right click the folder you want to creat the file in, >and the click properties on the shortcut menu to che...

Some Questions about Outlook
1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? 2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the tary be changed to other until i check the mail? can it work with hotmail? 3. is there any function likes "To Do List"; calendar require time setting? 4. configure file backup; can i back up all of my setting? -- Me, Who I am On Sun, 7 May 2006 22:17:01 -0700, Dotku <lwjct@hotmail.com> wrote: >1. what's the max size of attachment for sending email? That would depend on your mail server/ISP. >2. newMail notifitor: when there is a new mail, can the ...

Toolbar question
I have created a combo box on my toolbar. I am using 32 x 32 buttons, so my combo box is sitting high up. I would like to move it down to the center of the toolbar. To create it I used the following code, CRect rect; SetButtonInfo(14, IDC_FILTERNAMECB, TBBS_SEPARATOR, 200); GetItemRect(14, &rect); rect.bottom = rect.top + 200; m_cbFilterNames.Create(WS_TABSTOP | WS_VISIBLE | WS_VSCROLL | CBS_DROPDOWNLIST | CBS_HASSTRINGS | CBS_SORT, rect, this, IDC_FILTERNAMECB); How do I tell it to place itself in the center of the toolbar? Here is my code: code is from inherited CToolba...