query filter question

In publisher 2003, I use my data source from word, for my merge, with a  heading titled DATES ,and am having trouble in filtering  dates in proper order,in filter I use
       (DATE) greater than or equal (COMPARE TO)   4-01-01 ---
and  (DATE)           less than        (COMPARE TO)    7-01-03, ....
In other words I want to send mailers to clients that used my service from April 01 to July 03
I than only get dates between April and July of each yr, I don't get August through March. In word I have no problem doing it.
0
anonymous (74717)

The built in database in Publisher is very basic and always has been.
Export the data to a spreadsheet, and then sort the spreadsheet, delete what
you don't want and save it in CSV (Comma Separated Values) and merge that
file with Publisher.

donotknock (1942)

Search folder question (OL2k3)
Hi, the search folders are really a good new feature in Outlook 2003. However, I haven't found a way to do these the following important things: - I use the For Follow Up search folder a lot. When I see a flagged message there, I often want to see the context of that message; that is, the folder where it is located. I have the folder name displayed in the In Folder column, but it's only the folder name, not really the location in the folder hierarchy. And in any case I have to manually browse to the folder. I'd like something like an item on the right-click menu that says "O...

Sum only filtered selection
I am dealing with almost 4,000 rows of data. I am auto filtering them and I would like to be able to sum up only the filtered selection. I can do it manually each time it is filtered, but I was wondering if there was a way to do this automatically. Subtotals doesn't work for you? http://www.officearticles.com/excel/getting_subtotals_in_microsoft_excel.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "pkunAAC" <pkunAAC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:138D8DD5-6B1C-46C0-B26E-F5E58C72BAC5@microsoft.com... > I am dealing with almost 4,000...

Erratic results from query criteria

Undeliverable...554 5.7.1 URL/Phone Number Filter
When sending an email message, a user gets: Alert message says: A mail message was not sent due to a protocol error. 554 5.7.1 URL/Phone Number Filter - cyber.net.pk Sender receives this notification: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Receiver Name Here (E-mail) on 9/26/05 11:47 AM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=xxxxxx;l=xxxxx-xxxxxxxxx MSEXCH:IMS:xxxxx:xxxxx:xxxxx (xxxxx) 554 5.7.1 URL/Phone Number Filter - cyber.net.pk The Word file mentions a person's email address with cyber.net.pk as ...

Using filter on protected sheets
Can you please tell me how to activate the filter button once the shee has been protected? Once the sheet is protected it appears that th filter is disabled (ie grayed out) Thanks in advanc -- Pascal ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Pascale's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1254 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27511 Add the filters before protecting the sheet. Then when protecting the sheet, select enable autofiltering in the options. "Pascale" <Pascale.1...

Question Re: Drop Downs
Hello and Good Day: I have a spreadsheet that contains drop downs menus. In order to my work I would like to be able to correlate one drop down to another if that makes sense. For example: Column A Column B Column C Column D Column E XXXX Name1 Phone1 Name2 Phone2 Essentially if I select a name from column B, I want my worksheet to populate the matching phone number into column C automatically. I current have the Names and Phone numbers in a workbook that I have ...

Filtering Data
I have a spreadsheet that contains a column for Investigator Name, Pt. ID and Date of Enrollment as follows. I need to filter how many patients were enrolled by each site per month. Should I use an advanced filter, I'm not sure how to do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Investigator Pt. ID Date Dr. Black 01-001 08/09/03 01-002 08/09/03 01-003 08/12/03 01-004 08/13/03 Dr. Smith 03-001 08/16/02 03-002 08/16/02 03-003 09/06/02 03-004 09/06/02 03-005 09/06/02 03-006 09/20/02 Regards, Dee ...

Timer for Queries?

Update Query ?

Two questions
Hey everyone, I have two questions: 1. I have created a patient manager database that tracks appointments, billing, and medications. I have 4 subforms within a main form. I want to be able to create one main record with subrecords for appointments, billing, and medication associated to it. Can this be done? 2. Everytime I am in the database, other users can't save their records. How do I change this and still limit user access? Thank you in advance. -- bhsvixon On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 11:59:02 -0800, 1encapdiva <tgrandberry@encapomaha.org> wrote: >Hey ever...

Hopefully my last question!
Newbie here! How do i get this formula to add the contents of BQ4 just before the final *0.09615 calculation? its gotta be so simple i'm seeing past it. =SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G4:BJ4)-COLUMN(G4),5)=0,IF((G4:BJ4<>"")*(G4:BJ4>C4),C4,G4:BJ4)))*0.09615 Many thanks! steve One way: =SUM(IF(MOD(COLUMN(G4:BJ4)-COLUMN(G4),5)=0,IF((G4:BJ4<>"")*(G4:BJ4>C4), C4,G4:BJ4)),BQ4)*0.09615 In article <430f7c8b$0$22903$ed2619ec@ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net>, "r.p.mcmurphy" <redleadertwoSPACE@SPACEntlworld.com> wrote: > Newbie here! How...

design query match anywhere?
In the design query I want to match the letters "ABC" anywhere in the column 'description'. I could not get instr to work by using: InStr(description, "ABC")) > 0 How else can I match ABC (upper and lowercase) to anywhere in my 'description' column? Thanks! Are you saying you put that InStr bit as a criteria under your Description field in the query designer? Try putting Like "*ABC*" as the criteria instead. Alternatively, you could add a computed field to the query InStr([Description, "ABC") and then put >0 as the ...

Matching data in tables
I have two tables of data, some of the rows are duplicated in these tables i want to find the data that is different. will an advanced filter do this? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Jo Davis wrote: > > I have two tables of data, some of the rows are duplicated in these tables i > want to find the data that is different. > > will an advanced filter do this? -- Dave Peterson Cheers Dave "Dave Peterson" wrote: > Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: >...

pass through query

filter #3
i have an excel master file that i need to filter by partner and then save as a file i repeat this process about 100 times for each partner that i want to filter how can i automate this process? Matt, Try recording a macro. Use the "Help" in excel. Basically you do all the work while excel writes the macro for you. Good luck. "matt wolfe chazin" wrote: > i have an excel master file that i need to filter by partner and then save > as a file > > i repeat this process about 100 times for each partner that i want to filter > > how can i automate t...

Help question update from 2000 -2003
I am updating from office 2000 to 2003. I am not comp. savy but trying to do a safe update and some advice. I backed up all office files, contacts e-mailss etc to a PST. When I installed 2003 disk it asked me to remove 2000 first. So I asume the procedure I would do is to add/remove 2000 install 2003 and import back the PST. I thought since this was a update that it did everything Automactily Should my 2000 PST back up, restore to the 2003 office when installed ? If I remove 2000 I have no disks to reinstall if things should go south Is there away I can have both copies on ...

conditional formula question
I have a spreadsheet which shows, in column A, several phsical location of a variety of insect traps. In other words, I have replicates o several trap types arranged by field location. In column B I have th corresponding number of each trap type at each location. Is there a wa to construct a formula which will return the sum of all of trap type 'x from all locations. Here is an excerpt from the worksheet: Hanley CM Study Traps Biolure 1x 1 L2 (9008) 1 Biolure 10x 1 Megalure 1 DA (8693) 2 Combo (9010) 2 DA20 (8997) 2 Da20/CM3 (9228) 2 Val...

I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It seems to be when I have certain custom fields included in my view that the query errors out. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much. Just wanted to add that I seem to get errors when there is a 0.00 amount in these fields... "TJ" wrote: > I am getting a message that says "Unexpected Error An Error has occurred" > when I am running an advanced find query on two custom entities. It se...

a count field in a query?

XmlSerializer question...
Hi All, When using XmlSerializer is there anyway of keeping "xsi", "xsd" namespaces and PI appearing in the xml file ? <?xml version="1.0"?> <myClass xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" Name="Test" Visible="false" /> Just want a simple clean one like the following... <ColumnInfo Name="Test" Visible="false" /> Thanks, Maersa wrote: > When using XmlSerializer is there anyway of keeping "xsi", "xsd"...

Saving Username and Pass with Web Queries
I am pulling data from a website that requires you to provide a usernam and password everytime you visit the site. Excel has cachin capabilities, but everytime you close excel and try and open up th spreadsheet again, it can't login. What is the fix for this? Thanks, Hend -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Bump! --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Birthday query for many children in one record
I have a database for the church, it has one main flat table only. Each record for the parents have field for child1 name, child1birthday, child2 name, child2birthday, child3 name, child3birthday - up to 5 children. I am having difficulty trying to get a report to list the birthdays of the children like this parent name, child 1 name, child 1 birthday month etc. so you get something like this:- Parent John Smith, child Mary Smith January 3 Parent Fred Jones, child Bert Jones March 4 Parent John Smith, child Jane Smith March 6 Parent Harry Brown, child Jane Brown March 6 Parent Bert Taylor,...

Unresponsive Query Wizard
Hi there, I have an Excel 2003 user who is using a spreadsheet that pulls data from our SQL server. When he opens it and refreshes the data it is fine, it pulls the current data, but when he tries to edit the query, the Query Wizard does not appear, he can see it on the task bar, but when he switches focus using task manager everything is greyed out and nothing works. I have tested the file from my computer and it is fine, which suggests a problem with his machine or installation. Does anyone have any ideas? Cheers, Steve Dooza wrote: > Hi there, > I have an Excel 2003 user who...

Another simple query
Dear all, I have a table that contains first names and last names in different fields. Is there any way to write a query that will give as a result the first name and last name in the same field? I hope this makes sense. Thanks in advance! SELECT [last_name_field] & ", " & [first_name_field] AS whole_name FROM [your_name_table] Change the field and table names to whatever your actual fields and tables are. Cheers, Jason Lepack On Apr 23, 9:47 am, Homer <peter.a.r...@googlemail.com> wrote: > Dear all, > > I have a table that contains first names an...

Query query
I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest way to do this? -- Joe NewFieldName: [Charge Time] + [Charge Time 2] + [Charge Time 3] .... etc -- Good Luck BS"D "joet5402" wrote: > I am trying to create a new field in which it shows the sum total of 10 > fields (Charge Time, Charge Time 2, Charge Time 3, etc.); what is the easiest > way to do this? > -- > Joe I tried this, and it doesn't work. Is there something I'm forgetting? -- Joe ...