punblisher and word prcoessing software

can publisher be used as word processing sofware?
0
shelagh (2)

Not very successfully, it's a desktop publishing program. If you don't have
the $, download and install OpenOffice. OpenOffice Writer is an excellent
word processor — very similar to MS Word.
"shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can publisher be used as word processing sofware?

0
Anthemwebs (309)
10/6/2007 8:48:52 PM
It *could* but it's not the best tool for that job. Specifically what do you
want to do?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> can publisher be used as word processing sofware?

0
jl_paules (2767)

outlook 2010.wrote in word works and saved can not open
saved work in beta2010 word work not able to open any suggestions If you want to guarantee other programs can open the files created by the beta, save as the old doc format. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM How many email accounts are in your main Outlook profile? http:/...

Word 2007 sometimes fail to collate
I'm supporting a machine that has a vexing issue - sometimes Word 2007 won't collate a document on priting even if the option is checked. The printer is an HP Laserjet 1200 with a parallel interface. The collate function just starts working again on its own at some point. Since collating is not a printer function - it is the way Word sends the data out - I'm thinking that it is not the printer. However, the user reported that it seems like it happens more after a power failure, but I can't verify that. I'm considering checking/updating the printer dri...

WORD PROGRAM
IN MY COMPUTER I HAVE WINDOWS 98. ON MY PROGRAM LIST I CAN ONLY FIND MICROSOFT WORKS. I HAVE TRIED AND CAN'T FIND MICRESOFT WORD. DOES WORD COME IN MICROSOFT WORKS. OR DID I GET RIPPED OFF AGAIN. IF ANYONE COULD ANSWER MY QUESTION I WOULD APPRECIATE THE HELP. THANKS AHEAD OF TIME EVELYN ...

Word count
Word 2003 Is there a way of counting the total words in a document, INCLUDING footnotes? hank you JB Please ignore post. I found the answer! JB "JB" <open@closed.com> escreveu na mensagem news:u0AuviooKHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Word 2003 > > Is there a way of counting the total words in a document, INCLUDING > footnotes? > > hank you > > JB > ...

Problem with versions of word and outlook
Hi My access app uses word and outlook references which I can not get rid of due to certain features that my app has. I have this problem that I need to send me app to various clients who have varying versions of outlook and word and thus my app fails to run. Is there anyway my app can find the versions of outlook/word at start-up and readjust links to appropriate versions of outlook/word before continuing? If not, is there another way to fix this problem? Many thanks. Any help would be appreciated. I am really stuck. Regards Whoa: no need to include so many newsgroups! Consider u...

alphabetize a column of words in MS word
can i alphabetize a column of words in MS word In Word 2003 or earlier, use Table > Sort. In Word 2007, click the Sort button on the Home ribbon (the one with an A and Z and an arrow). -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Thu, 20 May 2010 15:36:01 -0700, Dale <Dale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >can i alphabetize a column of words in MS word ...

Unable to repy using word editor
When repyling to an e-mail I receive the following message, "This form requires Word as your e-mail editor, but Word is either busy, or cannot be found. The form will be opened in the Outlook editor instead". I found article 284900, that states you may get this message when you have office 2000 and office xp installed on the same computer. This is not the case on my computer, Office 2000 does not exist, only office xp. Can anyone help me? There appear to be a whole host of causes for this error message. Most have no solution. Here are a few that do: http://support.microsoft...

Finding data for a chart in word
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3325082853_2433946 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit After inserting a chart in a word document I cannot seem to get back to the excel worksheet update data on the chart. Advice please. Thank you. Joe --B_3325082853_2433946 Content-type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable <HTML> <HEAD> <TITLE>Finding data for a chart in word<...

how to covert a jpeg to a word document?
I scanned articleand saved as a jpeg i want to put the text in a word document also use the pictures seperately any ideas how? Sounds like you need OCR (optical character recognition) software and rescan it creating a Word or other word processor document. -- Don Vancouver, USA "aisha stacey" <aisha stacey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:79D8C2CE-6691-48CA-AD4C-833F68B47333@microsoft.com... > I scanned articleand saved as a jpeg i want to put the text in a word > document also use the pictures seperately any ideas how? basically you can't....

How do I find a document in Word 2007?
I realize that I can search for a document using Windows, but is there a way in Word 2007 for me to search for a certain document, or a word within a document? -- jeannine In Word 2007, there is no longer a specific user interface for searching from within Word. However, to search a folder in, say, the Open dialog box, you can right-click its icon and choose Search from the context menu. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "jldube" <jldube@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50E2DEC3-977E-48E4-9BC3-B7BC47A44B62@microsoft.com... >I r...

edit word art text?
I am trying to edit word art text created in an earlier version of Publisher (1998) with Publisher 2007, but it is not supported. Any ideas how to do this? The recent version will allow changes to everything but the text. There is a WordArt compatibility utility. You use it by Insert, Object, Scroll down to WordArt 3.2. If you have the old WordArt on your screen and you have installed the utility, simply double-click the WordArt. Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displayla...

Word cannot open this document. The document might be in use or might not be a valid Word document

Word to excel, excel to word
Hi, Heard that excel can merge into Word, any idea how to proceed with the merging. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. Thanks Like mailmerging to produce labels? If yes, you may want to read some tips for mailmerge. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge The first is from David McRitchie and the second is by Beth Melton and Dave Rado. ron wrote: > > Hi, > > Heard that excel can merge into Word, any idea how to proceed with the > merging. Any replies will be greatly appreciated. > > Thanks -- Dave Peterso...

Word freezes when typing
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) This is the second day that I have open my word to write a paper for class and the document just stops typing and gives me the MAC colored ball. I try to force quit and restart, but the same thing happens. What can I do about this? Is there an update that I did not do? Well, we can't tell if there is "an update that I did not do?" because you haven't said what level you're currently updated to :-). The most recent update to Office is 12.1.2, so if you aren't yet there, then Yes, you've missed at least one. ...

Changing 1 word to another word on a different page
I have a work sheet that if an answer in a cell on page 2 is "Yes" or "No", I need it to display the opposite in a cell on page 1 In a1 in sheet1 put =IF(Sheet2!A1="yes","no","") -- Russell Dawson Excel student "Circuitman57" wrote: > I have a work sheet that if an answer in a cell on page 2 is "Yes" or "No", > I need it to display the opposite in a cell on page 1 Missed a bit =IF(Sheet2!A1="yes","no",IF(Sheet2!A1="no","yes","")) -- ...

How to I change the word wrap settings in Word 2007?
I have a doc that was originally in japanese. I have changed the language to English (US). However, I have individual words wrapping - for example "done" is "don" on one line and "e" on the next. I found a fix in Word 2003 having to do with changing the word wrap setting for Latin text: "If your document contains both European and East Asian text, you can use different word wrap settings for European and East Asian text. On the Format menu, click Paragraph, and then click the Asian Typography tab. Select or clear the Allow Latin text to wrap in ...

Word, Excel, PPT, Entourage don't open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC After installing Office08 and its updates, whenever I launch any Office program (either from the dock, under the application folder, or by opening an office document), the Microsoft Office Setup Assistant launches. From there, I've tried re-runniing auto-update, registering, and everything else. But after quitting the Setup Assistant, the program I tried opening forgets to open. What's the problem? Could it be that I installed it from a network account (w/ admin privileges? On Apr 28, 3:10 pm, dmk2...@officef...

Q: simple Access to Word mail merge
I'm using Access 2003 to mail merge to a Word 2003 doc. Below is the code that I modified from the microsoft website. ========================= Dim strWordDocName As String Dim objWord As Word.Document Dim strTableName As String strTableName = "MAILMERGESUBSET" strWordDocName = "S:\PATH\MailMerge.doc" Set objWord = GetObject(strWordDocName, "Word.Document") objWord.Application.Visible = True objWord.MailMerge.OpenDataSource _ Name:=CurrentProject.FullName, _ linktosource:=True, _ Connection:="QUERY MAILMERGESUBSET", _ ReadOnly:=Tr...

Making report in WORD file by using information from Pivot table
I have got a huge database of around 100 countries in an excel file. I created a Pivot table to get the data pertaining to a particular country. Now, need to prepare final report in WORD file for each country seperately (100 WORD files) wherein text contents for all the countries remains the same however the data need to be extracted from the pivot table. I am sick of doing copy/paste so many times. Is there any solution to automate the process by using any of the MS-office application. Any suggestion/help will be appreciated as it will really save lot of my time. You could...

from WORD into Excel
I have already posted this, the more input the easier for me :-) I have 100's of word documents, and I want to extract certain field FROM word, for example, name, amount etc, into Excel. The best way can describe this is a "reverse" mail merge. Any help would be very much appreciated - thanks, cathal.. ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements ...

How to Return from A Word document back to the Shape were I was.
Would someone tell me how do I go back to a flowchart diagram from a Microsoft Word document after I select a shape and link to that document. I have problems going back to the diagram where I was prior to linking to the document. Do I have to copy the document to a VISIO file (.vsd) so I can add navigation shapes to it and in that way I can go back to the original flowchart diagram? Thanks. Ely. I dont quite understand what you would like to do. Can you explain further? Have you tried hyperlinking the shape to the Word document? -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "A...

Hints/tips text block for Word
I need a text block for hints/tips to slot into body text, preferably with a symbol like a lightbulb or pointing hand. Thanks You could define a style using the lightbulb or pointing hand as a "picture bullet." Or you can anchor a graphic to a paragraph in a dedicated style and save the empty (or dummy) paragraph as an AutoText entry (building block in Word 2007). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Ciceronian" <Ciceronian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B59E0C...

punblisher and word prcoessing software
can publisher be used as word processing sofware? Not very successfully, it's a desktop publishing program. If you don't have the $, download and install OpenOffice. OpenOffice Writer is an excellent word processor — very similar to MS Word. "shelagh" <shelagh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:834CE68F-4492-466A-91DC-694F807C578C@microsoft.com... > can publisher be used as word processing sofware? It *could* but it's not the best tool for that job. Specifically what do you want to do? -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask...

How do I import an excel spreadsheet to a word document #2
I have a saved excel spreadsheets (3 tabs). I want to import this to my Word document so in the word, I can select the three different tabs and also see the formulas. How do I simply do this? And how do I create spreadsheets in word using the excel function? -- Amuse ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Amuse's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25086 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=385993 ...

Is there anyway that I can download free MS-office software from
Is there anyway that I can download free MS-office software from internet?...My system crashed recently and I can not afford buying it Hi Shirley, Since you said system crashed, assume you mean the Office products themselves as opposed to templates, etc. If your machine had the software preinstalled by the OEM (original equipment manufacturer), such as DELL you should either have software CDs or the software is in on some hidden area of the harddrive. Contact your OEM. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcrit...