Publishing to the WEB #2

If I own a domain name, say rentalproperties.net, can I publish my website to
the WWW by simply following the process prescribed by the help program? Where
does the website file need to be stored in order for users to access the
site?

You need to ask your web host. There are literally a dozen different
directories you need to publish to: /homepage, /http_docs, /public_html,
/public_doc, etc. If you are using forms (and maybe other features) you
will need to make sure your server supports Front Page Server Extensions.

Your Web Host normally will send you an e-mail with the specifics in it,
including your log-in name, password and what folder to upload to.

Also, your web questions are probably better suited to be asked in the
microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign NG.

Mike

hooliganz_021 wrote:

> If I own a domain name, say rentalproperties.net, can I publish my website to
> the WWW by simply following the process prescribed by the help program? Where
> does the website file need to be stored in order for users to access the
> site?
0
wordwiz (948)
4/3/2007 3:13:32 AM
Mike Koewler wrote:
> You need to ask your web host. There are literally a dozen different
> directories you need to publish to: /homepage, /http_docs, /public_html,
> /public_doc, etc. If you are using forms (and maybe other features) you
> will need to make sure your server supports Front Page Server Extensions.
>
> Your Web Host normally will send you an e-mail with the specifics in it,
> including your log-in name, password and what folder to upload to.
>
> Also, your web questions are probably better suited to be asked in the
> microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign NG.
>
> Mike
>
> hooliganz_021 wrote:
>
>> If I own a domain name, say rentalproperties.net, can I publish my
>> website to the WWW by simply following the process prescribed by the
>> help program? Where does the website file need to be stored in order
>> for users to access the site?

But before you do what Mike says... you have to pay a web host, or
establish your own host site .... it's complicated hahaha :)

You have to pay for it. If you have a domain name that you already paid
for and registered you then put it on your registered host.

I tain't splainen dis rite...

0
dtp2webSPAM (302)
4/4/2007 2:14:53 AM
Steve,

Duh, I didn't see that tree because I was looking at the forest. :-)
Though, in my demented state, I did post about the web host sending info
what folder to upload the site to, log-in name, etc.

BTW, I looked at the site he wants to link to/from. It's like a Find
Waldo with Waldo being a link. It's only by moving a mouse around that
one can tell there "is" a link. Not to mention it looks like crap in an
800x600 browser.

Mike

Steve in NC wrote:

> Mike Koewler wrote:
>
>> You need to ask your web host. There are literally a dozen different
>> directories you need to publish to: /homepage, /http_docs,
>> /public_html, /public_doc, etc. If you are using forms (and maybe
>> other features) you will need to make sure your server supports Front
>> Page Server Extensions.
>>
>> Your Web Host normally will send you an e-mail with the specifics in
>> it, including your log-in name, password and what folder to upload to.
>>
>> Also, your web questions are probably better suited to be asked in the
>> microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign NG.
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> hooliganz_021 wrote:
>>
>>> If I own a domain name, say rentalproperties.net, can I publish my
>>> website to the WWW by simply following the process prescribed by the
>>> help program? Where does the website file need to be stored in order
>>> for users to access the site?
>

> But before you do what Mike says... you have to pay a web host, or
> establish your own host site .... it's complicated hahaha :)
>
> You have to pay for it. If you have a domain name that you already paid
> for and registered you then put it on your registered host.
>
> I tain't splainen dis rite...

0
wordwiz (948)

enter text 2 cells same time 2 different sheets
I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Select both sheets, using Shift and left-click on the sheet tabs.............then select a cell and type away........the values will appear in the same cells on both sheets Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "jack" <crabber1@ comcast .net> wrote in message news:700AD143-4B2D-4523-8849-79D5FA132392@microsoft.com... > I want to enter text in cell in sheet 1 and have it appear in a cell on sheet 2 also Jack, If it's the same cell (same address) in the two sheets, you can select both sheet...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

Putting Excel-based Football Pools on the Web
Hi, everyone. I have been running the office football (US) pool for a few years with a pretty nice Excel model. The way it currently works is that I send out a file with the games of the week listed and people pick the teams that they think will win and by how many points. They send their individual sheets back to me and I copy and paste the relevant cells into the master model. This was ok when it was only a few people playing, but now there are a lot of people who want to play. What I want to do is put the model online somehow, but I don't know where to start. I would like people t...

Can't recieve e-mail or visit our own web site
Outlook is not able to send or recieve any e-mail from our web address. It says it can't find the host server. What is strange is that I can browse the web anywhere but our own website. However, other computers have no problem visiting our website so I know it's this particular computer. It acts as though our web address has somehow been blocked so that I cannot visit it through internet explorer or recieve any e-mail through outlook. SpamBay (?) was installed on Outlook not too long ago, but I haven't been able to locate a problem there...any ideas? vms wrote: > Outloo...

publisher #74

Can not receive email #2
Thanks for reply. Actually my mail server is for internal test, so I set up internal DNS server for it. The client is using the DNS server. From the client, I can telnet the mail server for port 25 and 110. Client can send email out but can not receive email. Thanks for help! Lisa >-----Original Message----- >try to force a connection and see if the queue clears. >"Administrator" <administrator@norepliesplease.com> wrote in message >news:OSRqrb5qEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >> Lisa, >> >> Go to http://AboutMyDNS.com and run their quick...

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Sending Publisher Files

Publisher 2000 #23

password? #2
I set a password in Data File Management > Data Files > Settings, but Outlook is still opening without requesting the password. Must be missing something? -- Those who flee temptation generally leave a forwarding address. ....Lane Olinghouse Is outlook completely exiting when you shut it down? Check in task = manager. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After furious head scratching, Steve asked: | I set a password in Data File Management > Data Files > Settings, but | Outlook is still opening without requesti...

Web Service Customer CreditType
I am running GP 10 and using the Web Services to create and update customers using C#. I want to set the Credit Limit to Unlimited. However, I can see where to set the Credit Limit Type. There is a property for CreditLimit but not a field within for the type ( ex. No Credit = 0, Unlimited = 1, Amount = 2). Only fields to set the period and amount. If I try to set period as 1 then I get the following error: A validation exception has occurred. Validation Errors: - The Credit Limit PeriodAmount parameter can only be used when the Credit Limit Type is set to 2. Does anyone have an example c...

Global Address List disappear in Outlook 2003 #2
Dear all, We had just upgraded our clients' PC to Outlook 2003, in conjunction with Exchange 5.5. From time to time, when the user click on the Address Book icon inside Outlook, the Global Address list that reside on the right pulldown menu disappear. Restarting Outlook can solve the problem. What causes this behaviour? Regards, Michael ...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Microsoft Publisher ?

electronic document delivery for purchasing #2
it seems mad to me to that MSBS have done half the job by doing electronic Doc Delivery for sales only. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c97b6ab7-2c48-431a...

graph #2
im making a report and i want to insert this data in the chart but only top 3 highest value in jan feb mar and apr will see in the graph. how can i do that? jan feb mar apr A 23 3 5 5 B 1 3 1 5 C 4 1 0 34 D 16 2 2 2 E 3 14 4 1 F 4 5 3 0 jaypee wrote: > im making a report and i want to insert this data in the chart but only top > 3 highest value in jan feb mar and apr will see in the graph. > how can i do that? > > jan feb mar apr > A 23 3 5 5 >...

Pivot Table and Zeros #2
The cell has a value of zero, it's not blank. The value is coming from a formula that equals 0 Tk -- mense2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mense23's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=717 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26957 Hi you may change your formula to return only "" -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "mense23" <mense23.1e6dhy@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:mense23.1e6dhy@excelforum-nospam.com... > > ...

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

Excel Games
Further to my earlier post on importing data from usb device toExcel. I gather there are some excel games. Do any of these allow two people (2 controls) to play at once ? How do they get two to work simultaneously ? Charlie ...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...