Publisher2000,trying to ftp., says check your URL, can't publish,

Can't publish to tripod using ftp.  I'm a real newby to this stuff but have
checked all other questions.  I did enable frontpage on the tripod site.  Can
you help?

Make note that web publication issues should be discussed in our webdesign
forum versus this general forum. You should work thru the article -
http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=158 - as well as review the
FAQ - http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=30

David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP]
http://www.publishermvps.com
http://www.davidbartosik.com

"javalady33" <javalady33@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can't publish to tripod using ftp.  I'm a real newby to this stuff but
> have
> checked all other questions.  I did enable frontpage on the tripod site.
> Can
> you help?

I can't publish web pages to server goes to wrong folder
I am having troule uploading my web site to my server, it goes into the wrong folder they are saying. They say I need to upload to the www folder. Can anyone tell me how to set up the Publish to web box for Publisher 2003 so I can upload web page without calling server to move files to my page? Palmer Please repost your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Please again inclu...

Checking if some cells are empty when file is being saved
Is there something that can be checked if the "Save" function is executed. I have a file with a number of worksheets and I don't want a user to be able to save it without entering some data. Once the "save" is selected I would like to check to see if all required fields are still empty so I can display an error hi you could use the before save event to check certain cells for input. but since you didn't give a lot of details, i can only give a overly simple answer. Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, Cancel As Boolean) Dim r...

Publisher2000 extremely slow printing in XP
Hello, Can anyone shed light on why, on my computer, MS Publisher 2000 printed quickly in Windows 2000 Pro but has slowed to a crawl in Windows XP Pro? Before upgrading to XP, a one-page Publisher file containing business cards printed almost immediately. After we formatted the hard drive, installed XP, XP SP2, and Publisher 2000 from scratch, and downloaded all Windows and Office updates (including Office SR 1a and SR 3), Publisher 2000 now takes at least 5 minutes to print the same file. The printer (LaserJet 5P) seems to ruminate and struggle to process this seemingly-simple print...

incrementing the next check number
Hello: In order to get the "Next Check Number" to increment in windows such as Print Payables Checks, you change that number in Checkbook Maintenance. Right? And, it is the Next Check Number field in Checkbook Maintenance that determines what the "Next Check Number" is in Print Payables Checks. Isn't it? Thanks! childofthe1980s Child..... The system will increment the check number automatically when you print checks. The Next Check Number field in checkbook maintenance is the place the system keeps the next check number. Place your initial check number ...

How to check a condition and write another cell
Hi, This problem has bugged me for a week, any help are appreciated. # Condition I have 5 sheets: -Sheet1 : list of text consist of 4 to 5 characters (i.e AAAD, AAAF,....ABX23) in a single column but many rows. A B C =============== 1 AXDD 2 AGHO 3 ASDL 4 ... -Sheet2 : an array contain list of possibilities from AAAA to AZZZ (column defined as A to Z to the right, row defined as AAA to AZZ to the bottom) A | B C D E F G H.........AA ================================== 1 | A B ...

Publish from remote to local doesn't work
A friend wants me to update their site, I have tried to publish from remote to local and it starts to list the files but because there is a file on the website named 'mainwebsite_html' I get this error: 550 mainwebsite_html not a regular file. The publish stops with that error message and I just have a few empty folders on the local side. I have no idea what that file is as I did not create this website but it is preventing the publish from remote to local. I tried copying everything but then (as expected) none of the links work. Anyone have any idea what that file is...

Text Frequency; Trying to Run Some Code
I am trying to run the below code, which I found in a book named Mastering Visual basic.NET: Public Class Form1 Private Sub Button1_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, _ ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button1.Click OpenFileDialog1.DefaultExt = "TXT" OpenFileDialog1.Filter = "Text|*.TXT|All Files|*.*" OpenFileDialog1.ShowDialog() If OpenFileDialog1.FileName = "" Then Exit Sub Dim str As StreamReader Dim txtFile As File Dim txtLine As String Dim Words() As String ...

I am trying to round up to the nearest 25 cents
I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps rounding to the nearest dollar HELP Try =CEILING(A1, 0.25) In article <2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com>, sypher <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to round a money value to the nearsest 25 cents and it keeps > rounding to the nearest dollar HELP =ROUND(A1*4,0)/4 -- HTH Bob Phillips "sypher" <sypher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2DB8F007-1E27-4A48-923B-C7D4D0238B5E@microsoft.com... > I am trying to round a mone...

Trying to clear up Received but not invoiced report
I am trying to clean up the received not invoiced items. The problem began with entering a purchase order and then not matching the invoice to the items received agaisnt the purchase order. SO we thought that doing a returned transaction entery would solve the problem. The only thing is now the return shows up on our Received/ Not invoiced report. And the report is becoming a huge mess and difficult to use. What is the best way to clear up items that have been received but were not matched and already paid through the invoice entery? There is a knowledgebase article on this very thing av...

Publisher: Rotated View
There are times when I have content that is rotated 90 or 180, or 270 degrees. It would be nice to be able rotate the screen view by those same degrees so it is easy to read the text. Right now I usually print things out. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

send/receive (2nd try)
New computer. Microsoft XP Home. Microsoft Office XP Small Business 2002. Earthlink dial-up account. Two e- mail accounts. After opening Outlook, 1st send/receive (option 3, all accounts) usually prompts for both passwords, downloads messages, all good. Next time, though, no prompt for account 2, error cannot connect to server, account 1 usually gets messages. Every five minute send/receive option eventually degenerates to cannot connect to server errors for both accounts. Meanwhile internet browsing slows to a crawl. Any ideas? ...

RE: updating Publisher
HI We recently upgraded our old faithfully computer, part of the upgrade includes Windows office XP (unfortunately the version we have has not got Publisher on it. Previously along the way I had updated to MS office Premium 2000-this has Publisher 2000 as part of the program. Hence I recently custom installed this after installing the XP (as a temporary measure) I am curently studying Publisher at School-they are using P 2002. I admit I am finding things a little different. I would like to ask if anyone knows whether Microsoft has updates available to download so that I can alig...

How do I cancel a msg Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully?
How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send unsuccessfully due to a huge email message I tried to send with way too many attachments? It's stuck in "send" mode, and as a result, I can't send any emails because Outlook cannot get past trying to send this message. How do I cancel a pending outbox transmission while it's trying to send? I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. Please help! Angelczech wrote on Fri, 12 March 2010 07:32 > How do I cancel an "in process" email Outlook keeps trying to send ...

Publisher 2002 on Win98
Dear all, Situation: Upgrade of Publisher to 2002 on Windows 98 (to take advantage of compression etc). Save Publisher files (doesn't matter what format) on another machine which uses Windows XP with Publisher 2002. Note: the two machines are different operating systems only. Open files on Windows 98 with Publisher 2002. It takes a little while and then crashes asking me if I want to restart. The safe mode option doesn't help. The details are quite long (and I cannot select them anyway). But The main error message displays: AppName: mspub.exe AppVer: 10.0.4128.0 ModName:mso.d...

Voided check error
We had a stale check that was never cashed. We ended up voiding and didn't reissue. The check has now been presented to the bank and is coming up suspect as we have a "positive-pay" or "issue" file set with the bank. We're going to pay the check, but the cash manager was wondering if there's a way to "Unvoid" the voided check? No. Just enter a manual check: Transactions >> Purchasing >> Manual Payments "Peter Lux" wrote: > We had a stale check that was never cashed. We ended up voiding and didn't > reis...

Outlook Check Name
Hi, I am always facing this problem.. when i wanted to add a new account in the Outlook 98, i specify the Exchange Server and then type in the last name of the user and click on 'Check Name'. it will hang from then on. i am running on Win NT and Outlook 98. that will onli happen on the one NT Local Workstation account. using the administrator's Local Workstation account will have not problem with that. I have also try create the user acc with administrator rights.. but it still cannot work. pls advise. someone pls advice? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >I am...

Run ALL rules at once w/o checking 1 by 1?
OLE6 Is there a way to manually run all rules at once without checking each one, one by one? Thanks, Ken Try posting this in an Outlook Express news group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office and is what this group supports. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and has its own news groups. You can also find some good Outlook Express information here: http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my pe...

Enable spell check
Go to the tools menu in the main window of Windows Mail>options>spelling tab>in the drop down list of languages>choose French>apply. Now in the drop down list of languages>choose English>apply>OK you should be OK to spell check now. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org/ http://www.microsoft.com/uk/citizenship/safeandsecure/parentadvice/default.mspx ...

Auto Date for check boxes
I have check boxes and a date field for each box. When the box is checked, I'd like to corresponding date field to automatically enter the current date. How can I do this? Tammy, What happens when the checkbox is unchecked (False)? I'll assume you want the date field nulled out... Use the AfterUpdate event of your checkbox (ex. chkExample) to update the date field (ex. ExampleDate) (you use your own object names) Private Sub chkExample_AfterUpdate() If chkExample = True ExampleDate = Date() Else ExampleDate = Null End If E...

trying to insert a 0 in front of zipcode
Hello, I do not use excel at all so i have no clue! I have a list of daycares that i want to create mailing labels with...about 700 of them but the problem is my zipcode column there needs to be a zero in front of all 700 zipcodes how to i insert a zero in front of them without having to type it into each box? the other question is can i print labels directly from excel or do i have to go thru ms word? thanks Greg One of these 1) format the cells with custom format 00000 2) format the cells with Special / Zip Codes 3) format the cells as Text 4) begin all zip codes with an sin...

Printing problem in Publisher 2003
I am trying to print a publisher document to an HP Designjet 750C+ plotter, but it only print the upper left portion of the document. Every publisher document I tried to print do the same thing. The application page is set to the standard 8x11 size and the output are set to ANSI E 34x44 in the printer settings. The documents print fine on Publisher 2003. I updated the printer driver and applied all Windows 2000 updates. Still doesn't work. Anyone knows how to solve this? Thanks, Angelo HP Designjet 600/700 Series Printers - Solving Problems with Plot Position http://h20000.www2.hp.com/...

Try or TRY
Hello, Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? Thanks, JSmith "JSmith" <jsmithmitra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23G1sOVdoEHA.692@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > > Hello, > > Will there be any opitmization or ... when we use INT or TRY macros instead > of int or try ? Which one is better to be used? http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore/html/_core_exceptions.3a_.converting_from_mfc_exception_macros.asp -- Jeff Partch [VC++ MVP] FYI, TRY ...

error message when trying to delete messages in inbox
I cannot delete messages in my email inbox. When attempting to delete messages, Outlook says "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook. I continue to get the message even though I restarted Outlook. My mail works fine, but I just cannot delete anything. Does someone know a solution? Can you delete them if you hold shift as you delete? How many items are in the deleted items folder? Are you using any type of AV scanner on the message store? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coa...

Exchange rate information must be entered before selecting a Check
We are trying to utilize the Cash Management Module in GP for the first time, and we are running into this error. We are currently not using multicurrency. We found KB 970223 (linked at the bottom): As described in the article: 1. We ran 'Select * from CM00100' 2. Found the Checkbook IDs that did not have a Currency ID 3. Ran 'update CM00100 set CURNCYID = 'XXXX' where CHEKBKID = 'YYYY'' After following those steps, we ran the select statement again and the tables were updated correctly. However, inside GP we still get the same error when ...