Publisher/Word auto saving to C Drive

I teach in a computer Lab and when students are editing text using Publisher,
it takes them to Word andafter editing they close Word, I get a "Permission
Error . . C drive."  When I do it on my computer (has some admin. privileges)
it works.

How and where does one change where Word 'appears' to automatically save?
AND/OR
Can this be changed without giving all students Administrative Privileges?
Thanks.

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

compressed drive for exchange db and logs
Is it bad to have exchange databases and logs on a compressed NTFS drive? On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 15:35:51 -0700, "tony" <none@none.com> wrote: >Is it bad to have exchange databases and logs on a compressed NTFS drive? > Yes. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318116/en-us/ ...

Hard drive space running low
My hard drive is running out of space and I'm trying to delete whatever I can, however, I do not know if I can delete any of the following: Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for applications 2.0-ENU Microsoft Visual Studio Tools for applications 2.0- Runtime Modem Helper Modem on hold Picture gear 4.1 Lite QuickStores Toolbar 1.0.0 Smart Sound Quicktracks for Premiere Elements 8.0 SoundMax Tru Switch Wizard for AT&T members Viewpoint Media Player Interactual Player and a funny one: Microsoft Office XP Professional, but I have the Home edition (????) Any help will be ...

Sending Publisher Files

How can I search for words in all caps in Excel?
As part of a macro, I'd like to be able to identify and re-format only cells containing words in all caps. Is that doable? Thanks! Perfect. Thanks! "Jason Morin" wrote: > Select your data and run this macro: > > Sub OnlyUpper() > Dim cell As Range > For Each cell In Selection > If cell.Value = UCase(cell.Value) Then > cell.Font.ColorIndex = 3 'make font color = red > End If > Next > End Sub > > --- > HTH > Jason > Atlanta, GA > > > "Nexan" wrote: > > > As part of a macro, I'...

Found out how to disable Auto Preview in IMAP
I noticed that a lot of people have had the problem where Auto Preview keeps coming up with new messages in their IMAP folder. And the MVP's solution wasn't working. On the "Folder List" highlight the "Inbox" for the IMAP folder that is giving you the AutoPreview Problem. Click View >> Current View >> Customize Current View >> Other Settings >> under the 'auto preview' section change the radio button to "no auto preview" This should work! ...

Publisher 2000 #23

contents in word doc disappeared
typing in word doc and suddenly everything disappeared. Had done several saves but when I try to pull up doc it is empty. Did I hit something that is hiding doc from me/ Saving the document was your mistake. Your first reaction should always be Ctrl+Z (Undo). Mostly likely you inadvertently pressed Ctrl+A (Select All) and then pressed a key that overwrote your entire document. Now that it has been saved (especially more than once, which also overwrote your backup, if any), you're out of luck. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabam...

Where do a I find a savings calculator?
Where can I find a savings calculator for an Excel spreadsheet? Read a book like Excel for Dummies to see examples of what can be done best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CAPS in email address "FluffyCat" <FluffyCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:073D0AE0-5B6A-4CB1-A6D8-1D2247F76D99@microsoft.com... > Where can I find a savings calculator for an Excel spreadsheet? ...

hey ya'll how do i auto sum a cell using the letter x instaed of .
hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a number To count number of "x"es =COUNTIF(A1:A100,"x") Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 14:25:04 -0700, jrod98 <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hey ya'll how do i auto sum a colum using the letter x instead of using a >number Gord answered but I couldn't resist asking what the sum of x and x is? Sinister Rod Serling music here. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "jrod98" <jrod98@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Help! cleaning out inbox and saved emails
I have created in the past two years files in my inbox but want to delete them as they are taking up too much space. How do I transfer these email from my inbox file to a file(s) in Microsoft word. The only way I have found to date is to (Save AS) save each one individually to a word file but this is way too time consumming. Help please. Thanks so much BB Do they have to be in Word? You can create a folder on the Desktop and just drag the messages into it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "BB" <BB@discussions.micr...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Using JPEG in Word doc
How do I import my letterhead stationery in JPEG file into a Word letter document. Using Windows XP Office 2003 On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:43:06 -0800, Kit Carson <Kit Carson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I import my letterhead stationery in JPEG file into a Word letter >document. Using Windows XP Office 2003 Please ask your question in a Word newsgroup. This group is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webpage can be confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subject areas and find your version of Word. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Docx Saves as Outlook Attachment
Need some help if you know how to fix this. I somehow changed how Word opens docx files and now they open as outlook attachments. I have already tried making word the default program but that doesn't seem to work. I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the code because I can't find anything in Outlook or Word to change how docx files open as Outlook attachments. If anyone knows or has this similar problem and knows how to fix it please let me know... :) "Joe K - Word Docx Help" <JoeKWordDocxHelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

Can I save my toolbar
In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my personal toolbars/ cutomisations. Is there anything similar I can do with Excel. Thanks in anticipation Ken When you exit Excel the current menu and toolbar setup is always saved (to your XLB file). And it will be restored from the XLB file when you start Excel. If this doesn't help perhaps you can elaborate. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "Ken" <noone@nowhere> wrote in message news:420b1b44$0$4097$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk... | In Word I can save the normal template so on reformatting I have all my...