Publisher won't start from Start menu

Its happened before and I can't remember how it was put right (by a nice
lady on here if I recall) but I double click my shortcut for Publisher in
the Start menu, and...nothing. I have to go into C:\Program Files\office to
click on the thumbnail thedre before it'll work. Anyone know how to fix this
?

0
philk001 (9)

Right click MSPub.exe, Drag the Publisher icon from the Program Files to the
desktop or Quick Launch, click "Create shortcut here".

--
Mary Sauer
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"Phil K" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Its happened before and I can't remember how it was put right (by a nice lady
> on here if I recall) but I double click my shortcut for Publisher in the Start
> menu, and...nothing. I have to go into C:\Program Files\office to click on the
> thumbnail thedre before it'll work. Anyone know how to fix this ?

0
mary.sauer (2018)
11/7/2008 11:44:39 AM
Well I never...it worked.
I never tried it this time because I was sure I'd done that the last time
and it didn't work
In fact I'd have put money on it.
Thanks Mary, you're a life saver (well, not quite, but you get the gist !
;-))

"Mary Sauer" <mary.sauer@mygmail.com> wrote in message
> Right click MSPub.exe, Drag the Publisher icon from the Program Files to
> the desktop or Quick Launch, click "Create shortcut here".
>
> --
> Mary Sauer
> http://msauer.mvps.org/
>
> "Phil K" <philk001@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Its happened before and I can't remember how it was put right (by a nice
>> lady on here if I recall) but I double click my shortcut for Publisher in
>> the Start menu, and...nothing. I have to go into C:\Program Files\office
>> to click on the thumbnail thedre before it'll work. Anyone know how to
>> fix this ?

0
philk001 (9)

Publishing to the web through Publisher

"TOOLS" menu missing from menu bar
My "TOOLS" menu is completely missing from the menu bar. How do I get it back? ...

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Outlook client for CRM 4.0 error starting up
Hello, I have the following problem when I startup the outlook client. I get error : Symptom 4 When you start the Microsoft Dynamics CRM client for Outlook, you receive the following error message: An error occurred loading Microsoft CRM functionality, try restarting Outlook. Additionally, Error event 80072f19 is referenced in the Application log: Event: 16941 A problem occurred initializing the initialization progress toolbar. Restart Microsoft CRM and try again. HR=0x80072f19. Context=. Function=CAddin::HrActivateAddin. Line=322. I got this one from I microsoft document, but the solut...

Sending Publisher Files

Publisher 2000 #23

Menu Control
I have 2 menu controls on a master page that work just fine in IE but look a little different in Firefox and a lot different in Chrome. What suggestions does anyone have for using asp.net Menu server controls in different browsers? Thanks. -- David "DavidC" <dlchase@lifetimeinc.com> wrote in message news:94114D82-6EFE-4704-83EF-5B7EDCA8D425@microsoft.com... > I have 2 menu controls on a master page that work just fine in IE but look > a > little different in Firefox and a lot different in Chrome. What > suggestions > does anyone have fo...

Publisher 2003

upgrade publisher

Outlook 2003 quits (error) when started
Hi, I just installed Outlook 2003 and installed the service pack for it. But whenever I start Outlook up, it automatically checks my email accounts, and whenever it does that, it errors. It also makes duplicate copies of emails in my inbox. Here is the error msg I get: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.0 ModStamp:3b7dfe39 fDebug: 0 Offset: 000320bc Anybody have a solution? Thanks sac16@comcast.net, Just a suggestion, but try setting your polling time to 5 minutes or more. This may help. Chri...

Microsoft Publisher ?

Solver missing from tools menu
I have solver installed through the add-ins item on the Tools menu (found solver using browse; item is checked). However, it doesn't show up on the Tools menu and so I can't actually access the solver. I've tried repairing and reinstalling Excel, but that doesn't seem to affect things. I also tried registering the FM20.dll, which was mentioned in a post I located. Neither seems to do anything. Has anyone else had this problem? Any advice appreciated! Andrew It's curious that you had to browse for Solver. It should have been in the Add-ins list. I'm wondering if ...

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Help Publishing Custom Form
I have published a custom task form to my Organizational Forms Library following the instructions here: http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?id=34. It works great, and now I have 2 quick questions regarding selecting the published forms: 1. Can I make the forms available by selecting the NEW menu, so I don't have to choose the form, and then browse to find it? I would like be able to select New and have it show my custom form there AND the default task form for that folder. 2. If not, I think I am supposed to be able to highlight the task folder, then select the ACTION menu and see ...

Publisher for MAC
I would like to be able to use some of the publisher features on my MACBOOK PRO, but have been unable to locate the software, I waited for Office 2008 for Mac and it wasn't there :( when are you going to have it available for we mac afficianado's? -- If you try it you can be sure if you don''t like it, if you don''t try it your assuming. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see t...

convert Publisher document to Word
I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them to a Word document so I and type a different name on each tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it only saves the text, not the formatting. Help! Hi Paula (pkrantz@thediscoveryalliance.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I created name tags in Publisher and want to convert them || to a Word document so I and type a different name on each || tag. I did it once and can't remember how - have tried || saving the Publisher file as a Word file, but it...

System Menu for Dialog Without Caption
Hi I have created a Dialog based application in MFC. It is without caption. In resource file dialog has following settings IDD_SR_DIALOG DIALOGEX 0, 0, 320, 200 STYLE DS_SETFONT | WS_POPUP | WS_VISIBLE EXSTYLE WS_EX_APPWINDOW FONT 8, "MS Sans Serif", 0, 0, 0x1 Now I cannot show System Menu. Some how I was able to show the menu using SetWindowLong(GetSafeHwnd(),GWL_STYLE,GetWindowLong(GetSafeHwnd(),GWL_STYLE) ^ WS_SYSMENU); CMenu* pSysMenu = GetSystemMenu(FALSE); if(AfxIsValidAddress(pSysMenu, sizeof(CMenu), false)) { //remove all the options in SYSTEM MENU pSysMenu->Rem...

How do I get upgarde for publisher 98 to 2000 ?
I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do then . aknz2004 wrote: >I have set up the publisher 98 but I have installed in > office 2000 on my pc. My system is run win xp so now > microsoft update office 2000 SR-1 ...so what shall I do > then . ======================================= If you want Publisher 2000, you'll have to purchase a copy of the program. You cannot upgrade Pub98 to Pub2000...they are two separate programs. -- John Inzer return e-mail...

Publisher 2000 Publish error
Hi, I'm working with someone using Publisher 2000 who has added an FTP site and over a dial up connection tries to publish. He proceeds and then gets an error as transfer seems to be attempted: "Publisher could not save the file to the web. Please check URL or network address." He is saving as a web page and then trying to upload with appropriate credentials. I've asked that anti-virus (McAfee) and win XP firewall be off as well as a web accelerator but the error persists. I've Googled the error and have found scant information. Any help is appreciated. Try the fo...

2003 publisher w/XP and 2007 publisher w/Vista
I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. Any ideas? Were the files created with standard fonts? Maybe your recipient doesn't have the font you used on their computer. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "JULIEW" <JULIEW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3CE85845-A3C2-4A00-80D7-81E27126C8B5@microsoft.com... >I have numerous publisher files in XP that I'm emailing to have opened in > Vista. Although the file can be opened the text is scrambled. ...

Publisher/Adobe PDF
How do I convert a document made in Publisher to an Adobe PDF? Coni Crone <Coni Crone@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How do I convert a document made in Publisher to an Adobe PDF? For an Adobe PDF, you'll need an Adobe Product. Namely, Adobe Acrobat. With v7 and later, simply click the button on the Adobe PDF Toolbar. In older versions, you'll have to select File > Print and select the Adobe PDF or Acrobat Distiller printer. For a generic PDF readable by Adobe Reader, there are any number of cheap and/or free applications you can use...