Publisher will not print, but Word and EXCEL do

I have a printer problem using MS Office Publisher 2003. My friend just
installed a Brother MFC-3820CN USB printer to his Windows XP Home (V2002 SP2)
computer. He can print from his Word and EXCEL (2003) programs, but not his
Publisher (2003 SP1) program. When the “Print” function is selected in
Publisher, the following message appears:

“A printer has not been installed on the system. Install a printer for
Publisher to use. The fonts in your publication may look different as a
result of the printer selection.”

The printer functions fine in all the other programs. Currently, Publisher
doesn’t allow me the chance to even select a printer.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Mike

0
Mike1154 (1216)

Have you tried Brother's support?
http://welcome.solutions.brother.com/bsc/public/us/us/en/dlf/download_index.html?reg=us&c=us&lang=en&prod=mfc3820cn_us&type2=-1&os=7&flang=English&dlid=

How to troubleshoot problems that you may experience when you try to print to a
local printer by using Office programs in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/870622/en-us
--
Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/

"Hotmail Mike" <Hotmail Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a printer problem using MS Office Publisher 2003. My friend just
> installed a Brother MFC-3820CN USB printer to his Windows XP Home (V2002 SP2)
> computer. He can print from his Word and EXCEL (2003) programs, but not his
> Publisher (2003 SP1) program. When the "Print" function is selected in
> Publisher, the following message appears:
>
> "A printer has not been installed on the system. Install a printer for
> Publisher to use. The fonts in your publication may look different as a
> result of the printer selection."
>
> The printer functions fine in all the other programs. Currently, Publisher
> doesn't allow me the chance to even select a printer.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike

0
mary-sauer (6480)
2/23/2007 4:03:11 PM
I haven't tried Brother yet. I did read a few other posts in this discussion
group. One suggested that I delete the Brother driver completely and then
re-install. It seems like a lot to go thru since the printer does work with
other MS products and the Brother test print page works fine as well.

Thanks.

Mike

Hotmail Mike wrote:
> I have a printer problem using MS Office Publisher 2003. My friend
> just installed a Brother MFC-3820CN USB printer to his Windows XP
> Home (V2002 SP2) computer. He can print from his Word and EXCEL
> (2003) programs, but not his Publisher (2003 SP1) program. When the
> "Print" function is selected in Publisher, the following message
> appears:
>
> "A printer has not been installed on the system. Install a printer for
> Publisher to use. The fonts in your publication may look different as
> a result of the printer selection."
>
> The printer functions fine in all the other programs. Currently,
> Publisher doesn't allow me the chance to even select a printer.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike
=============================
The most recent driver for your printer is
dated 12-16-2003...so I suspect that's the
one you are using. Still might be worth a
try to download it and reinstall your machine.

MFC-3820CN
http://tinyurl.com/2jf4ck

Also it may be a good idea to go to the MS
Office site and install the updates...SP1 is
outdated.

Office Downloads
http://tinyurl.com/v6xqh

And...maybe the following article will offer
some ideas:

(870622) How to troubleshoot problems that
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870622

--

       John Inzer
 Digital Image MVP

      Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

            Notice
This is not tech support
     I am a volunteer

 Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

0
oobie (2069)
2/23/2007 4:24:29 PM
Thanks, John and Mary. You've given me some good ideas.

Mike

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Hotmail Mike wrote:
> > I have a printer problem using MS Office Publisher 2003. My friend
> > just installed a Brother MFC-3820CN USB printer to his Windows XP
> > Home (V2002 SP2) computer. He can print from his Word and EXCEL
> > (2003) programs, but not his Publisher (2003 SP1) program. When the
> > "Print" function is selected in Publisher, the following message
> > appears:
> >
> > "A printer has not been installed on the system. Install a printer for
> > Publisher to use. The fonts in your publication may look different as
> > a result of the printer selection."
> >
> > The printer functions fine in all the other programs. Currently,
> > Publisher doesn't allow me the chance to even select a printer.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Mike
> =============================
> The most recent driver for your printer is
> dated 12-16-2003...so I suspect that's the
> one you are using. Still might be worth a
> try to download it and reinstall your machine.
>
> MFC-3820CN
> http://tinyurl.com/2jf4ck
>
> Also it may be a good idea to go to the MS
> Office site and install the updates...SP1 is
> outdated.
>
> Office Downloads
> http://tinyurl.com/v6xqh
>
> And...maybe the following article will offer
> some ideas:
>
> (870622) How to troubleshoot problems that
> you may experience when you try to print to
> a local printer by using Office programs in
> Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=870622
>
> --
>
>        John Inzer
>  Digital Image MVP
>
>       Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
>             Notice
> This is not tech support
>      I am a volunteer
>
>  Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

Convert cvs file to excel file
the CVS file has 1000 records seprated by a comma when I try to open with excel it only take 256 records and places them in a single row I need to have all 1000 records placed in a single column is there a way to convert this file? Open it in Notepad/Wordpad etc and I'm assuming from your text that you will see something like the following:- 17,12,20,19,5,14,20,5,11,3 Do an Edit / Replace and replace , with ; (Replace comma with semi-colon) so that you now have 17;12;20;19;5;14;20;5;11;3 Copy the string and paste into a cell in Excel (Assume cell A1) Now put ={ at the front and ...

XP: copy/paste from Access into Excel
Hello I am converting lots of Access/Excel apps to the XP version and I hav problems with the most stupid issues. Here is one of them: in the previous version (under NT) I could just copy and past tables/queries from Access into Excel (Crtl C/Crtl V) and everythin was working. Now the numbers are all formatted as text in Excel unless I past special (Biff5). I know I could use the Tools--> Analise it with Excel (from Access t Excel) but this opens the results in a new sheet and sometimes I nee to paste in a specified region of existing spreadsheets. Yes, I could also use pass through query ...

Excel Sub
sub Excell do this end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Fran Bradley" <fbyaright@comcast.net> wrote in message news:ejroFm20EHA.1652@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > > ...

Publishing to the web through Publisher

publisher #74

Installing Publisher 2003 gives an error

Windows 7/IE8 Javascript will not run.
I am having major issues with IE8 recently. I get no error messages, things just don't work. For example, I can't download files from sites, windows update will not download files either. I viewed the html source on a particular page that wasn't working and there was some text in the html that said Javascript was not supported in my browser (but the text didn't show on the screen). FWIW, I have now installed both chrome and firefox and they don't have any problems with javascript or download files, etc. This problem started after I switched from McAfee to...

Excel 2000 Toolbar Customization
I've customized the toolbars to my satisfaction and also created my own customized toolbar under 'views - toolbars'. The customized toolbars work great during a single Excel session. When I fire-up Excel the next time it's reverted to the as-delivered toolbars. What's wrong? How can I make a permanent change to the toolbars? Also on start-up, Excel sometimes opens two blank workbooks. What's that about? Thanks much for the help. On the custom toolbar issue: Run a search on your HDD to locate a file called Excel.xlb. If my guess is right. you'll find ...

Sending Publisher Files

Can I load a general macro without loading an excel document?
Can I load a general excel macro without loading an excel document so that it can be used by every document that is loaded with excel? -- Neil Wills UBmatrix If you create a personal.xls file, any macro in it will automatically be loaded whenever Excel is invoke. -- Gary's Student "Neil.Wills" wrote: > > Can I load a general excel macro without loading an excel document so that > it can be used by every document that is loaded with excel? > > -- > Neil Wills > UBmatrix ...

Runtime Error in Excel 2007
Runtime Error in Excel 2007 Everytime I open a .xls file I get a message that says Runtime Error R6025-pure virtual function call and when I click OK the program closes down. Unable to work on any files. I have installed all the updates available. Any help is appreciated. Curiously enough this seems to be related to Internet Explorer. Fwiw: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/925418 -- Jim "L J McKenney" <ljmac22@msn.net> wrote in message news:990a5590f5cb43209a29b135a7486f7f@ureader.com... | Runtime Error in Excel 2007 | | Everytime I open a .xls file ...

Digitally signed Excel project problem
When trying to save a digitally signed Excel project in Office 2000, I get the error message "Excel cannot sign VBA macros when saving to this file format. ...... How do I fix this problem please? ...

Publisher 2000 #23

Publisher 2003

OL2007 : Printing problem with multiple mail printing
Hi, i update my OL 2003 to 2007 and now when i try to print some (HTML) email in one time, i've some ok, and some are illegible, font size are decrease to maybe 3pt or 2pt. If y try to print theses mails one by one it's ok. Any solutions ? Thanks in advance ! ...

Excel Crash when using set command
I have a userform with numerous controls on it. The _Initialize event i fairly extensive, and one section is setting the following array, whic is declared in the form: Dim statusIndicators(8) As MSForms.Image 'Array of status indicators The code in the _Initialize method is as follows: 'Set status indicator image links With frmDataEntry Set statusIndicators(0) = .imgClaimInfo Set statusIndicators(1) = .imgAccidentInfo Set statusIndicators(2) = .imgInjuryInfo Set statusIndicators(3) = .imgCompensability Set statusIndicators(4) = .imgQuality Set statusIndicators(5) = .imgRTW Set statu...

upgrade publisher

Microsoft Publisher ?

Why is publisher newsletter not page wide when sent
When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it it is about 4" wide. I want it to be page wide when it is sent to a client. What do I need to do? What do you call "page wide"? If you had started with the email template, you would not have width issues. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Donna McDermed" <DonnaMcDermed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5974DDA0-2E2D-4495-A5EB-FBF8F543482B@microsoft.com... > When I am working on my email newsletter it is page wide. When I send it > it > is abo...

Using JPEG in Word doc
How do I import my letterhead stationery in JPEG file into a Word letter document. Using Windows XP Office 2003 On Thu, 6 Mar 2008 13:43:06 -0800, Kit Carson <Kit Carson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I import my letterhead stationery in JPEG file into a Word letter >document. Using Windows XP Office 2003 Please ask your question in a Word newsgroup. This group is for a different program, Microsoft Access. The webpage can be confusing and may have misled you - scroll down the list of subject areas and find your version of Word. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

Excel-Html
Hi, i need to open an excel file in html. I have an excel file on my computer that will be updated daily. I have an html file with a link to this file, but it only download the file when i click the link. When i click on this link, i need the xls file to be opened in the browser, in the same window or in another window. Can this be done? Thanks! ...

Excel Games
Further to my earlier post on importing data from usb device toExcel. I gather there are some excel games. Do any of these allow two people (2 controls) to play at once ? How do they get two to work simultaneously ? Charlie ...